6333 West 3rd Street Suite O20/T20
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://planetdailies.com/
- Phone: 3233706560x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 9:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm- 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and speak to a Group Sales Team Member at 323.370.6564.
- Entertainment: Live Music Every Wednesday Night
DJ Friday & Saturday
- Special Events: At Planet Dailies LA, we're experts at turning everyday events into celebrations. From our delicious cuisine to the stylish and contemporary atmosphere, we know how to have a good time! So sit back, relax and let us do the planning.
A word from Planet Dailies
A daily changing eatery with an inspiring design, innovative technology and a nod to Hollywood…Planet Dailies combines all of this under one roof with an over-the-top food selection, including items like inventive salads, pastas, seafood, steaks, burgers, contemporary Chinese fare, hearty sandwiches and decadent signature desserts, as well as a fantastic weekend brunch. You are sure to satisfy any craving at Planet Dailies. Surrounded by plasma screens and EXTRA TV celebrity interviews, our programming is constantly pulsing with news, sports & entertainment from around the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Planet Dailies reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Cool placeMickiDined on 8/23/2014I've been eyeing this place at the Grove/Farmer's Market for awhile and I'm glad I tried it. Didn't dig into the main courses, but the avocado stack and chicken lettuce wraps were delicious. Would be interested in trying more on the menu.Special Features:
- Service trumped the troublesFoodLover33Dined on 7/13/2014Reservation went smoothly; host offered a choice of tables on slow night. Did not choose the table next to lady breast feeding - seeking romantic vibe. Chose table with backs away from all the TVs. TVs affected ambiance. Server seemed great, but didn't bring my drink. Food arrived and I nicely requested drink again. Half ingredients of salad were missing, so it was sent back. Server apologized and made excuse for busy kitchen, but restaurant was 1/3 full, and it was just a salad. Our entrees were run-of-the-mill, too many TVs, good service. Felt sorry for host and server having to make apologies all evening. We are very polite, friendly, smiling customers who tried to make a pleasant date out of it, but we'll try another place.
- Outdoor DIningLabbieDined on 7/4/2014We ate here in the patio and the hamburger and southwestern wraps were very good. Drinks at mixology were outstanding. Waiter (Blake) knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Planet Dailies reviews archive.
- Lunch with a work groupBrat1016Dined on 5/20/2014We had a group of 9 coworkers dining out for lunch in celebration of a 30th birthday. We were welcomed and seated by the host immediately and the setup was great and not crowded at all. Our server was very friendly and attentive - waters arrived immediately and he allowed the right amount of time for us to settle in, look at the menu and then place our orders. All of our meals arrived in good time and as ordered - everyone was really pleased with their choice and said their food was delicious. We mentioned it was a birthday celebration and the staff took really good care of us. I can't wait to get back as a group or on my own again - hopefully next time to take advantage of their amazing drink list options!!!Special Features:
- Amazing evening!GGillVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a group of 8, Jermain was our server and he was amazing! He was full of energy, we were in town for my sisters bachelorette. He took amazing care of us, even brought us special desserts. This was my second time there and will always come back when in town. You can't beat the service, drinks or food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service.JuliDined on 3/22/2014They were very gracious, even though my party arrived very late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimmykimmyDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Years Eve to celebrate my husband's birthday, which was on New Years. He loved it! When it comes to food in restaurants he's hard to please. Thanks a romantic and cozy place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little bit of everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2013From Chinese to deli, the menu has a bit of everything. The food, however, is ordinary, the ambiance is unappealing, and the service is terrible. We asked for the DineLA menu and the hostess and waiter did not know what we were talking about. Someone finally brought over the special menu. The waiter then brought the entree just after the appetizer so we were forced to choose to eat out of order or allow our entrees to get cold. Chocolate mousse for dessert had lumps of undissolved gelatin or cornstarch. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Came here on a Saturday afternoonMaxx1021VIPDined on 7/20/2013Came here on a Saturday afternoon for lunch at 2 PM with a good friend. We sat in the first dinning area and had a good view of the hustle and bustle of the shoppers and gawkers below. The service was very slow and were told by our waitress that they just got through with a "mad rush"....but that was it no "I am sorry I took so long to get to you guys". Anyway ordered drinks and twenty minutes later they arrived....again no apology. Honestly we weren't in a rush but easily could have had a few drinks each by the time the first drinks arrived so smaller bill smaller tip. (Not sure the waitress really wanted to be working that day) But aside from the long waits...drinks and food...the food was very good and would return to check out dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2013I went with two friends for a birthday dinner and had a fantastic experience. I'd walked by it many times not realizing it was hidden behind their bar Mixology. I got the turkey avocado salad which was deliciously healthy, and my friends got burgers and veggie sandwiches, which both looked mouthwatering. The ambience was great - we sat outside and it was wonderful. Service was top notch, attentive without being annoying, and for dessert we shared the iron skillet cookie with ice cream.. Decadent, and yummy! I'd definitely recommend it for someone looking for a new place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013This was my first trip to Planet Dailies at the Grove. The staff was fantastic and I loved the atmosphere. Very open and spacious and bright. The food was just okay, though. We started with the avocado stack appetizer which was disappointing. Not much flavor and the chips either came out of a bag or had been sitting around for a long time. I got the blackened chicken sandwich was was okay but forgettable. I've had better; I've had worse. My friend had the chicken piccata which he said was the same - okay but unexceptional. I'd definitely go back and try something else on the menu though. Prices were very reasonble and our drinks were good. Great to have another alternative at the Grove.Special Features:
- Terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013All three times I've been here, the service has been absolutely terrible. The food was good the first time, so we forgave the slow and inattentive service. The second time, we were seated for dinner and had to walk back up to the hostess 25 minutes later because nobody ever came over to take our order. We were told they were no longer serving dinner, so we left. This last time, we made a reservation. We were seated, then waited a full 20 minutes. Nobody came. We were never given water, asked for our orders, nothing. So we got up and left. This place does not deserve or appreciate my business, so I'm taking my business elsewhere.
- Good food, well prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2013Good food, well prepared, and professionally served. Also, got the Martini order right. A nice break in the crush of the Farmers' Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinner. Good service.TurkeylessDined on 12/25/2012Christmas dinner. Good service. Everyone enjoyed their meals very much. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great place to have lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2012Great place to have lunch at the Grove overlooking thes scene - go to the upstairs area by the bar for the best vibe and most talented, beautiful wait staff! Food was pretty good too.Special Features:
- A Farmer's Market FindCrowsrunVIPDined on 12/24/2012We have been to Planet Dailies several times since its opening and we have never been let down. The food is consistently good, always fresh and done as we ask. The servers and hostesses are kind and friendly and definitely make you feel taken care of.Special Features:
- They do not have their stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/16/2012They do not have their stuff together; very unorganized. Rude hostesses. Won't go back.
- Nice Bar SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Planet Dailies was overall a cute lunch date place; the bar scene looks like it would be great at night overlooking The Grove. I was a bit disappointed with the drinks we had since they state they have a mixologist. I was expecting the bar tender make something spectacular; this was not the case at all. It looked like the bar tender was struggling with recipes and also the taste was nothing special. Plus I did not like they use so much sugar and syrups. I think now a day’s most places are using fresher ingredients and creating something out of the box. At least in San Francisco and other places I have been to. Our burgers were just okay nothing to scream about. We would go back because we liked the scene.Special Features:
- Great food. Very nice patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Great food. Very nice patio dining. Bar area is also outside.Special Features: