Plan B Restaurant
555 La Sierra Drive
Sacramento, CA 95864Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Plan B Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.planbrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9164833000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Plan B Restaurant can accommodate from 30 to 80 for sit down dinner, or up to 125 for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Lucas 9164833000
A word from Plan B Restaurant
"Plan B: No regrets" Finally, a neighborhood restaurant that hits. By Kate Washington, SN&R, 10.11.07. "An A for plan B" - Mike Dunne - Sac Bee Restaurant Critic 8.19.07Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Plan B Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014This little gem is located in a shopping center at Watt and Fair Oaks and you would never guess that it is there. The best French food in Sacramento and the staff is fantastic! Well worth the price.Special Features:
- We live in Davis but wereTomSVIPDined on 4/5/2014We live in Davis but were heading to Carmichael for a lecture, so decided to try Plan B near Watt and Fair Oaks. Greeted by Mimi who served us kindly throughout. Bread smelled heavenly but was otherwise just fair. Generous pours on really good wines by the glass appropriately priced. The goat cheese tartlette was amazing. Salads were only competent. Main course salmon was very good, lamb was excellent. Shared dessert apple tartin was very good. Overall we thought Plan B qualifies as a 'neighborhood gem' but not a destination restaurant like, say, Ellas' Dining Room or Grange or the Firehouse in Old Sac. I would go back but if I had out of town guests it wouldn't be on the top tier list.Special Features:
- TastyFoodieDined on 3/29/2014Had French onion soup which was Luke warm and lacking oddly enough, onions. The rack of lamb was supposed to be medium rare but was more than rare. Chocolate ice cream was richly chocolate lay and outstanding. Good wine selection. Service is attentive and informed but on the slow side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food.LisaDined on 3/22/2014Had another yummy meal at Plan B. always feel Like family thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavor...tough steak...happymomDined on 3/14/2014Everything was great, but my rib eye was extremely tough. I was disappointed, because the flavor was really good! I didn't attempt to send it back, because everything else was perfect. I think I just got a bad cut. The wines that were suggested were perfect, including the port!Special Features:
- Need help.JadeVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great food but service was a little spotty,because I only saw 2 servers for a full house. Obama care must be kicking in here. Would go again though !Special Features:
- RavessaradoodlesDined on 3/5/2014Wonderful, wonderful! A new favorite I hope to return soon. Thanks Franc, our server, and everyone else who made such a delicious dinner and lovely place to dine. My rack of lamb was perfect-medium rare! Ratatoulle and Crème Brulee also great. Caesar salad could have used a little more garlic and anchovy for my taste, but that is just me. Love the Gamay Beaujolais wine. Specials all looked so good I can't wait to work my way through the list. SarahSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great ExperiencepolylofaDined on 3/2/2014This was our first time here, it was recommended to us! Btw, Compliments to the Chef! The food here and service was soo good! I took my husband out to celebrate his birthday with our 2 kids, the service was Great! It is quite not really the place for kids if your kids are loud and can't sit still, but our kids were fine, they know better hash. Anyway, Eat here, Rack of Lamb was the Best my husband has ever tasted! Ratatouille was Also up there, if you like ratatouille go here! I loved my prime rib! My kids loved their Plan B Burger! Thanks for the great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French foodmonfrankDined on 3/1/2014I was not expecting to enjoy my experience at Plan B because I don't really like French cuisine. However, their menu has some options for everyone. I ordered the grilled salmon, mash potatoes and veggies - it was all excellent. The service was at a relaxed pace but our server clearly cared about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another terrific time at PlanAndyDined on 2/26/2014Another terrific time at Plan b. Great personal service, excellent food and a gem of a neighborhood experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Plan BoneofsixDined on 2/25/2014My sisters and I have been going to Plan B since they were located in a tiny place in Greenhaven. Their regular menu is outstanding but their specials are always amazing. Last time we were there I had the gnocci with langostino in lemon cream sauce (oh my goodness!), my husband and sister had the scallops in some fabulous cream sauce and my brother in law had the mussels marinier. When we were done all of our plates were clean. The staff is always attentive and flirty french. We always have a great meal and a good time there. I can't wait to try their new place in Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The food was excellent, and in my experience, always has been. My only criticism is that they seem to be understaffed with the wait staff and I found myself wondering when the main course was ever going to come (it did, of course)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot imagine how the serviceMartyDined on 2/22/2014Cannot imagine how the service could be any better -- a merveilleux combination of professional competence and genuine friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall enjoyed it as a localOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Overall enjoyed it as a local place to go with tasty food although the service was slow and food overcooked it may have been due to a shorthanded staff for just that night. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service supremegarlandDined on 2/14/2014The good was great, the wine was great, the ambience was great. However, the service was even better! I think this place is most suited for special occasions as it is a little more costly than your average restaurant. My husband and I went for valentines day, completely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner choiceDwitterDined on 2/14/2014We dined at Plan B for Valentine's Day dinner. We had a reservation and we were seated promptly upon arriving. It was a four course meal for valentine's Day with several choices from each course. The appetizers, soup, and salad were excellent. I had gnocchi for my entree. The flavor was good, but the texture seemed a bit mushy. My husband had the pork tenderloin. He said it was nicely cooked, but lacked flavor and seasoning. Our desserts were great. Overall it was a good meal and a good choice for Valentin's Day dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally FantasticJamesDined on 2/14/2014Regular menu is amazing - especially their mussels! Valentine menu truly disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceejm99Dined on 2/14/2014The service was exceptional. Everything else was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLisaDined on 2/13/2014Love going to Plan B. My husband and I sit at the Bar and enjoy dinner The food is always good and The wait staff friendly and fun. Try the mussels and Fries - such a yummy meal with a glass of wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful butternut squash ravioliSacramentoWomanDined on 2/8/2014My first dinner at plan B was great. We ordered the tomato tartlet which was lovely, mild goat cheese, sun dried tomato and basil. My entrée was the butternut squash ravioli with a few shrimp. The sauce was lovely, the spices in the ravioli stuffing were very mellow and enjoyable. Restaurant got a little noisy, it was completely full on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the food was the savingLieberVIPDined on 2/1/2014Overall the food was the saving grace. We had a reservation and request for a banquette. We arrived and had to find a bus boy to "check in". If our reservation had been received was not apparent. We were offered a table by the door with scrounged up outdoor cushions. We chose to sit at a table in the bar. It appeared the owners tried to cover, often duplicating services to wait on us. Overall the place was vibrant and busy. The downside was frenetic service, which did not add to the ambiance. Our starter, flatbread was good especially the topping, crust average. French onion soup done better at home. At this point, Dad came over and made personal contact and was the best P.R. person. Entrees good, wine a good value, dessert great.Special Features:
- Great food, wait staff overwhelmedWryterDined on 1/30/2014I had dinner with a colleague who had not eaten here before, and I was disappointed. I'd eaten there just a week earlier and had a much better experience. This time, though, the wait staff - although very friendly - was clearly overwhelmed. Our appetizer order was lost and our salads appeared right away without any mention of the missing appetizer. The waitress had way too many tables to handle. She never checked back to see if we wanted another glass of wine or needed anything else. This is a family-owned restaurant that I would love to make a regular favorite, but I'm reluctant to risk another experience like the last one. They need more wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutKayODined on 1/30/2014Wonderful venue for a girl's night out. Just the right atmosphere, space, and time to enjoy a dinner event of catching up and bonding. The food was excellent, the wine list covered the whole range. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and vibe good-service just okRicolatorDined on 1/18/2014Our food was very good. The service quality declined when a local, known table arrived. I'm sure their service was exceptional. We will return. Good value on wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimi is wonderful!JuliemzuzuVIPDined on 1/9/2014Our 1st time at Plan b. Excellent! Great food, lovely atmosphere and a delightful dinner. We wiil be back !!!Special Features:
- French food at it's finestFrenchfoodyDined on 1/7/2014This is a great neighborhood resturant that serves the best salad lyonnaise . The duck confit was perfect, in fact the best I have ever had. I often travel to San Francisco for French cuisine but no longer will I have to do that. It was my Daughter's 21st birthday and they helped her with choosing her first drink right down to the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection! My son was not feeling well and our waitress recommended these small ravioli's that were just right. The ambiance and staff are the best and I will return without hesitation, Sacramento has a nice little piece of France in its backyard!Special Features:
- Great food, great adviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2014We had an exceptional dinner experience not only was the food excellent but the servers advice helpedake the night as perfect as you could hopeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueSuzanneDined on 12/31/2013French food was creative and excellent. Everything very yummy with attention to detail in preparing each dish. Waiter was charming and attentive without rushing the experience. Noise level was a little high. Hip decor.Special Features:
- Great Restauant in Every Way!RVegDined on 12/31/2013We have been here 3 times and each meal and service was exceptional! Good Job Plan B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent but sparse portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013The last time I reveiwed this restaurant I mentioned that everything was excellent but the portions were a little small in the entrees, but that was fine because my husband and I are light eaters. This time, my entree was really tiny. I know this is a high end restaurant with excellent food, and maybe this time it was just my entree ( his was a little bigger), but it seemed very, very small. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass, which was a special that night, and I would say that the piece of fish was less than two by two inches in size. This will not deter me from from going to this restaurant, but it did dampen my enthusiasm a tad. This was the first time I ordered something other than the excellent mussels, or the fabulous lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2013Another great dinner with attentive service and tasty food.Special Features:
- Come for the MusselsmangiaVIPDined on 12/27/2013This is the only place I've been to on the west coast that knows how to do mussels--tender and flavorful--and the accompanying pomme frites are divine. The soup was surprisingly good, but everything else could only be described as m'eh. The salmon came from the freezer, the crab risotto lacked seasoning, the anchovies were out of place on the fennel-leek tartlet. I was also disappointed by the wine recommendation. Service was euphemised by my dining partner as "European." But if you want to know how mussels SHOULD taste, Plan B is the place to be.
- Better Last YearJAORDined on 12/24/2013We had Christmas Eve dinner at Plan B in both 2012 and 2013. In 2012 we had a wonderful meal, the service was upbeat, friendly and well done, the food choices varied enough for all of us and it felt intimate and inviting. In 2013 everything was fine but it was not the grand experience it had been a year earlier. First we had to wait for about 20 minutes for our table even though there were open tables. Then the food was still good though I had difficulty finding something that I wanted to eat, the service was there but distant and seemed more interested in other tables in the restaurant and the atmosphere remained quite nice. It's too bad as I was really looking forward to our Christmas Eve meal and, well it just didn't live up to 2012.Special Features:
- Franc & Mimi are the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013Franc & Mimi are the best - always make you feel welcome and relaxed. Food is beyond superb!Special Features:
- delightful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013what a find - this was our 3rd visit to planB and they never fail to please - excellent food & service every time and at a reasonable price. We're in love.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriselocalVIPDined on 12/22/2013I lived in SF for 20 years and now live in Chicago, so when I came home to visit family for the holidays and my sister and mother suggested we eat at their favorite new restaurant in a decidedly un-restaurant location (in a shopping center off of Watt Ave!) I was skeptical. What a surprise. This restaurant is wonderful in every way. The genuine and sophisticated attention you get from the server, the design and ambiance, but most of all the food. Another delight was the Citadelle martini - a gin I hadn't tasted yet - and how it was served, classic style in that you could actually taste the vermouth. It's hard to admit that my new favorite Sacramento restaurant is in a shopping center. But it is!Special Features:
- Never on SaturdayTreeDined on 12/21/2013We've been to this restaurant before and were impressed. Saturday they were so slammed that food and service were sub par. The poor server and busboy were run ragged. The kitchen refired my cold duck confit, however the meat was dry (like they turned the ovens up high because they were behind) and the beans were crunchy-undercooked. We felt that even after heating up my duck, the entree should've been complimentary (or at least one of the desserts saw we ordered -or even the coffee!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entree selection unlesssacshrinkVIPDined on 12/21/2013Good entree selection unless you are vegan as entree created was only mediocre (as really just a vegetable plate). However, price for vegan entree was very reasonable.
- I Love Plan B!SacDiningDined on 12/13/2013This restaurant is such a find! Great food, great service. I have been there twice and both times were very enjoyable experiences. Please check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot. ExcellentAndyDined on 12/13/2013Great little spot. Excellent food and very friendly, personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.