80 Amelia Village Circle
Amelia, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plaefl.net/
- Phone: 9042772132x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6-9pm
Friday and Saturday 6-930pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Watson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A separate dining room that accommodates a group of 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Shari Murphy 9042772132x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge of PLAE Restaurant is available on Friday and Saturday evenings. Please contact the restaurant for our entertainment listings.
A word from PLaE Restaurant
PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island’s premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation under the guidance of Executive Chef Brandon Watson. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
PLaE Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fernandina Beach ›
PLaE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (34)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (15)notable wine list (11)scenic view (7)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- So soJBsodDined on 8/31/2014Not bad, Just Ok Nothing really wrong but nothing special to remember
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our best meal of our vacation at Amelia Island...the food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on Amelia IslandspzaggerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our recent dinner at Plae was one of the best we have had on the Island. The "catch of the day" was a nicely prepared swordfish resting on a generous portion of divine risotto. Other winners included the tuna tartar (even though it is plain tuna with mix-in sides) and the fried green tomato caprese salad.Special Features:
- Dining with friendsKTBGA72Dined on 8/26/2014I would most certainly recommend this restraurant if people are looking for good service and good food. I went with friends and we are so tired of the loud bar scenes and places where we can't hear ourselves think. The music was lovely, soft background music and we have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysKeithDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food everytime we come here. We always eat hear when we come down for vacation or long weekend. Heather was our server , and is the BEST !Our meal was excellent , and the wine list is very good , although a little high in price per glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service - Great FoodFoodies12Dined on 8/22/2014We visited Amelia Island for the first time and were pleasantly surprised with PLAE. So much so that we spent three nights there two of which were at PLAE. Our server (Tara) put our experience over the top, friendly, super knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions with excellent recomm. Menu had a good variety of options, we usually go to restaurants and only see 2 good options with PLAE we couldn't decide between at least 10 dishes, with add'l "special" options, which Tara did a great job of explaining. Definitely request Tara! We had the scallops wrapped in bacon and the tuna tartar for apps, both were excellent, wife had mahi mahi blt and I had pork ribeye w.shrimp & grits, yum on both just a bit salty on the rib eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantScout56Dined on 8/16/2014We have been eating here for years - this trip ate dinner here three different nights. Food is always outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentMichaelDined on 8/14/2014We had a great time. Relaxed island atmosphere. Our waitress was spectacular - fun, attentive and a joy - she made the evening more fun. The food was very good - the mussels app with blue cheese and bacon was great and everyone enjoyed the fish special and surprise dinner. We also enjoyed the peanut butter pie. look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- ImpressedJerryDined on 7/31/2014Very much enjoyed great food and service. We will definitely visit again next trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be improvedDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014Interior too dark, music too loud and music selection not to my likingSpecial Features:
- "Meh" describes dining experiencefood4meDined on 7/23/2014The Ambiance was like an upscale fast food place. The food was edible but without character. Expensive. Waitress was good. Wine list fair. So yeah our dining experience can be described as "meh".
- MikkiHVIPDined on 7/22/2014Fabulous time. Our waitress was exceptional! Very knowledge not only on food selection but wine selection as well. Great spot for groups!Special Features:
- recommend plaeeatingwellinjaxDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed the whole experience. Perfect timing on the food. Our waitress was excellent just the right amount of chit chatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014We were at a meeting on the island and went with a couple of friends. We eat at PlaE every time we are on Amelia. It is terrific. Always something new and good tasting. Our favorite on AmeliaSpecial Features:
- FinickyfoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014PLAE is, in my opinion, one of the top 3 restaurants on the Island. One of the very few places for a delicious Filet Mignon.Special Features:
- Dinner at PLaETravelerDined on 7/14/2014Party of 5 in a corner booth perfect for conversation at normal voice level. Our server was first rate and she was cute as a button. We've eaten here several times during our visits to Amelia Island and the food is always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousav8rjaxDined on 7/6/2014We chose PLaE for dinner to celebrate a birthday after receiving excellent reviews from friends. We were very delighted with the various menu choices for food as well as their extensive wine list. Barbara, our waitress, was OUTSTANDING. She was friendly and thoroughly knowledgeable of the entire operation. Her service was impeccable. She made our dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Continues to be an annual favorite!! NEVER disappoints!Special Features:
- We got the chef speciialFishmasterDined on 7/3/2014It was very good, but over priced. it was steak and a lobster cut down the middle. I basic got a half of a med. size lobster, 2 pc. of corn on cob, scallops potatoes , and 2 pc. of steak for $60.00. It should of been $40.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014The price point of the foods served seemed high to me. The server seemed more interested in catching up with old friends at the table behind us than working. We waited a long time for everything from drinks to entree and it was not crowdedSpecial Features:
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Not the best meal we've had there by far. They need to step up their game a little. Maybe it was just an off night for them.Special Features:
- Everything is good but the serviceBadserviceVIPDined on 6/28/2014Much like its sister restaurant, Brett's water way cafe, everything at plae is nice and well done except for the service. At both restaurants, a 20% tip is included for groups of. 5 or more. It is obvious that the staff knows this, because they are rude, slow and very poorly trained. They also go out of their way to make it clear that they don't like children.
- Alisha gave great serviceCliffDined on 6/23/2014Food and service both great. Alisha was a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for dinner.BryanDined on 6/19/2014Food and service were excellent. Acoustics are outstanding. Diners can carry on a conversation without straining to hear or be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Service was very accommodating. The evening from start to finish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014Get the Chefs Surprise. I've had it several times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014Offers a great setting, food & staff. This is a fun evening out even if you have to drive a little to get there from Jacksonville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting on the PlantationrtpivVIPDined on 5/25/2014PLAE is a steady standby for business dinners or special occasions. They always have a very good seafood special and they offer many menu items that take advantage of the coastal waters around them. We had a good meal, but the service really drug. It seemed to take forever to get our drink order and our server appeared to be really flustered by something. With all that said, PLAE is a place we will go back to for its food, ambience and location in the Plantation on Amelia Island.Special Features:
- Watch out out for chef's surpriseforesterDined on 5/25/2014We found this restaurant to be just fine. I ordered the chef's surprise expecting it to be something memorable - the server said she could not tell me what it was. After ordering our server told me it would be $60, which I accepted. It raised my expectations. What I got was two tenderloin medallions, two scallops, three four shrimp and whipped potatoes. Really? Hardly worth $60. I guess the chef's surprise is that you pay a lot for something very ordinary. Surprise!
- PlaelisaDined on 5/25/2014Took my daughter to Plae for her 30th birthday...we had a wonderful meal with great service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- fun with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Fabulous food great service cannot wait for our return visit.Special Features:
- Great food, very good service.DinealotDined on 5/19/2014Great spot on the island, close to the Ritz where we were staying. Recommended to us by locals. Really good tasty food choices. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantwsand717Dined on 5/17/2014Had a lovely dinner. Food was presented creatively and was well prepared. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014I had the lamb and it was perfectly done. Wine choices were good. Service was excellent and piano in the background set a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the PLaE Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Food was very good, service was impeccable. Perfect spot if staying on the Plantation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SuebeeDined on 5/3/2014Throughly enjoyed the experience. Food was great, wine was excellent and the service was attentive but not annoying. Our server, Amber, was friendly and very helpful in helping us make a decision about our dinner selections. (The menu had so many wonderful things to choose from.) This restaurant is a MUST when visiting Amelia Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 strikes and we were OUT!!!TheCupandErappDined on 5/2/2014When our grilled Tuna came out cold we asked the waitress if the chef intended for it to be cold, she said no and took it back to be made hot- it came out the second time still just barely warm-we asked again why it was not hot and were told they would re-cook another piece of fish for both of us - strike 3 the exact same fish came out NOT HOT and with half the plate ingredients not present- the manager couldn't be bothered to speak to us and apologise - we left and have nothing good to say about Plae, perhaps this restaurant needs to train its cooks and staff - as Danny Meyers says restaurants are a service industry-- this was just terrible service!!
- Mary and Sarah birthday nightmaryDined on 4/26/2014Great food, drinks and service, atmosphere very peacefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and food!MichelleLyn29VIPDined on 4/18/2014I had an amazing time at PLAE! The food was excellent! We had the best server Heather who went above and beyond to make our experience great. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014Delicious dinner with a delightful "surprise" surf and turf special!