80 Amelia Village Circle
Amelia, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plaefl.net/
- Phone: (904) 277-2132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6-9pm
Friday and Saturday 6-930pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Watson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A separate dining room that accommodates a group of 28 people.
- Private Party Contact: Shari Murphy 9042772132x
- Entertainment: Entertainment in the lounge of PLAE Restaurant is available on Friday and Saturday evenings. Please contact the restaurant for our entertainment listings.
A word from PLaE Restaurant
PLAE Restaurant is Amelia Island’s premier dining establishment. Our menu blends eclectic cuisine with artful presentation under the guidance of Executive Chef Brandon Watson. Exceptional food and service in a contemporary setting, make this restaurant a must see on your dining agenda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
PLaE Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fernandina Beach ›
PLaE Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (33)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)scenic view (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Thank goodness for Sarah!Nicolete22Dined on 11/22/2014My husband and I were staying at the Omni (which was amazing) for a night away and decided to give PLaE a try. Our server, Sarah, was fantastic! The food... not so much. We were really expecting something great, especially since my husband went with the special ($39) and I had the filet (also $39) but it was not great at all. I think it had the potential to be really good, but you could tell it had been sitting under the warmer for too long. His scallops and lobster tail were like rubber and my filet was seriously over cooked. We had an app and salad, so I don't know if that was why timing was off, but it was OFF! I hate sending things back, especially when you have a great server, but looking back we should have. I just couldn't imagine what the kitchen would say with both entree's going back, but for $80 I wish I had taken the chance.
- Wonderful dining experienceFood123VIPDined on 11/22/2014Food and atmosphere were great! Barbara was a wonderful server and made it a very pleasant dining experience. Loved the live music in the bar too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Butternut squash soup is. Amazing! Servers very attentive. Always a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!arlu66Dined on 10/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner here. Server Barbara, was friendly, knowledgeable and facilitated menu adaptation. We enjoyed also,the music in bar by Michael Zaitchik duo. Amazing repertoire and musical skill! All around great eveNing...food, wine, and music.Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/30/2014Seating is too tight. No one in the place. Like a morgue. Good service and food. Not fun and over priced.
- Loved itRoadtripVIPDined on 10/24/2014We switched our reservation at the last minute and we were so glad we did. The chefs surprise was a huge bone in rib eye cooked perfectly to order. The hints and questions were great so you did not feel that you would end up with something you did not like. My husband Che the mahi mahi as my backup in case I didn't like the surprise. The wedge salad was large and tasty. My husband's bean soup was really tasty. We both had one drink and our bill was only $109 plus tip. Easy walk from the resort but the shuttle picked us up as we were walking. Will go back next time we visit. Server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- hidden gemlike2eatDined on 10/20/2014this is a very good restaurant with innovative dishes which we enjoyed all coursesSpecial Features:
- BreesDined on 10/16/2014My review is below in private notes. I will add great spot, appeals to all types of diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off seasonMypicDined on 10/11/2014We went in October at 8:30- so late dinner. Live piano player- great- server very peppy but more interested in the next table. Ordered chef's "surprise". Ribeye with blue cheese butter- great combination but smothered in gravy like pot roast. Wife ordered salmon- excellent. Has potential to be energetic atmosphere- assuming it was our time of night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLuv2dineDined on 9/27/2014Our group of six had a wonderful time. All of our food was exceptionally great and our server Courtney was excellent. Definitely a must when you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- islandfavoritesDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed the food and service at PLaE; however, we do not like the indoor dining atmosphere. Would prefer to dine outside; however, the resturant does not have citronella candles or other means of controlling the bugs. The food is wonderful so that keeps us going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTIONSuperbVIPDined on 9/13/2014Perfect restaurant - food,ambiance, service ! Delicious wine, small plates, sumptuous full meals. Couldn't get much, if any, better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTheDutchmansGirlfriendDined on 9/12/2014Great Amelia Island restaurant. Very accommodating to special dietary needs. Very knowledgable staff. Helpful and friendly, waitress recommended dishes. Though they could add a few more vegetarian entrees. Overall, great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HollyDined on 9/3/2014We were a group of 5 - the food was amazing!! One of our party went with the chef's surprise and it ended up being steak and lobster. I had the steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables and then peanut butter pie for dessert. From the complimentary bread to the appetizers (fried calamari and bacon wrapped scallops with grits) to the main meal to the dessert, everything was so flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soJBsodDined on 8/31/2014Not bad, Just Ok Nothing really wrong but nothing special to remember
- Incredible experience.Jennifer60VIPDined on 8/31/2014Fabulous food, service was excellent by Heather -- so much so that we requested her for an additional booking for family two days later, wonderful atmosphere. Even our most experienced foodie was impressed with the selection, presentation and exquisite taste of the food. One of our favorites is the whole fish which was not offered the first night we were there. Upon mentioning it to Heather, she discussed our request to the chef and we were served a delightful and flavorful whole red snapper. Also, incredible small plates. One of our favorites is the grilled artichoke, but all of them are fabulous. Plae is our favorite place to dine at Amelia.Special Features:
- SuperbDeebeeDined on 8/30/2014Our best meal of our vacation at Amelia Island...the food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on Amelia IslandspzaggerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our recent dinner at Plae was one of the best we have had on the Island. The "catch of the day" was a nicely prepared swordfish resting on a generous portion of divine risotto. Other winners included the tuna tartar (even though it is plain tuna with mix-in sides) and the fried green tomato caprese salad.Special Features:
- Dining with friendsKTBGA72Dined on 8/26/2014I would most certainly recommend this restraurant if people are looking for good service and good food. I went with friends and we are so tired of the loud bar scenes and places where we can't hear ourselves think. The music was lovely, soft background music and we have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysKeithDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food everytime we come here. We always eat hear when we come down for vacation or long weekend. Heather was our server , and is the BEST !Our meal was excellent , and the wine list is very good , although a little high in price per glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service - Great FoodFoodies12Dined on 8/22/2014We visited Amelia Island for the first time and were pleasantly surprised with PLAE. So much so that we spent three nights there two of which were at PLAE. Our server (Tara) put our experience over the top, friendly, super knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions with excellent recomm. Menu had a good variety of options, we usually go to restaurants and only see 2 good options with PLAE we couldn't decide between at least 10 dishes, with add'l "special" options, which Tara did a great job of explaining. Definitely request Tara! We had the scallops wrapped in bacon and the tuna tartar for apps, both were excellent, wife had mahi mahi blt and I had pork ribeye w.shrimp & grits, yum on both just a bit salty on the rib eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantScout56Dined on 8/16/2014We have been eating here for years - this trip ate dinner here three different nights. Food is always outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentMichaelDined on 8/14/2014We had a great time. Relaxed island atmosphere. Our waitress was spectacular - fun, attentive and a joy - she made the evening more fun. The food was very good - the mussels app with blue cheese and bacon was great and everyone enjoyed the fish special and surprise dinner. We also enjoyed the peanut butter pie. look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- ImpressedJerryDined on 7/31/2014Very much enjoyed great food and service. We will definitely visit again next trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be improvedDisappointedDined on 7/29/2014Interior too dark, music too loud and music selection not to my likingSpecial Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the PLaE Restaurant reviews archive.
- "Meh" describes dining experiencefood4meDined on 7/23/2014The Ambiance was like an upscale fast food place. The food was edible but without character. Expensive. Waitress was good. Wine list fair. So yeah our dining experience can be described as "meh".
- MikkiHVIPDined on 7/22/2014Fabulous time. Our waitress was exceptional! Very knowledge not only on food selection but wine selection as well. Great spot for groups!Special Features:
- recommend plaeeatingwellinjaxDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed the whole experience. Perfect timing on the food. Our waitress was excellent just the right amount of chit chatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdroylerDined on 7/17/2014We were at a meeting on the island and went with a couple of friends. We eat at PlaE every time we are on Amelia. It is terrific. Always something new and good tasting. Our favorite on AmeliaSpecial Features:
- FinickyfoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014PLAE is, in my opinion, one of the top 3 restaurants on the Island. One of the very few places for a delicious Filet Mignon.Special Features:
- Dinner at PLaETravelerDined on 7/14/2014Party of 5 in a corner booth perfect for conversation at normal voice level. Our server was first rate and she was cute as a button. We've eaten here several times during our visits to Amelia Island and the food is always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousav8rjaxDined on 7/6/2014We chose PLaE for dinner to celebrate a birthday after receiving excellent reviews from friends. We were very delighted with the various menu choices for food as well as their extensive wine list. Barbara, our waitress, was OUTSTANDING. She was friendly and thoroughly knowledgeable of the entire operation. Her service was impeccable. She made our dining experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Continues to be an annual favorite!! NEVER disappoints!Special Features:
- We got the chef speciialFishmasterDined on 7/3/2014It was very good, but over priced. it was steak and a lobster cut down the middle. I basic got a half of a med. size lobster, 2 pc. of corn on cob, scallops potatoes , and 2 pc. of steak for $60.00. It should of been $40.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014The price point of the foods served seemed high to me. The server seemed more interested in catching up with old friends at the table behind us than working. We waited a long time for everything from drinks to entree and it was not crowdedSpecial Features:
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Not the best meal we've had there by far. They need to step up their game a little. Maybe it was just an off night for them.Special Features:
- Everything is good but the serviceBadserviceVIPDined on 6/28/2014Much like its sister restaurant, Brett's water way cafe, everything at plae is nice and well done except for the service. At both restaurants, a 20% tip is included for groups of. 5 or more. It is obvious that the staff knows this, because they are rude, slow and very poorly trained. They also go out of their way to make it clear that they don't like children.
- Alisha gave great serviceCliffDined on 6/23/2014Food and service both great. Alisha was a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place for dinner.BryanDined on 6/19/2014Food and service were excellent. Acoustics are outstanding. Diners can carry on a conversation without straining to hear or be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Service was very accommodating. The evening from start to finish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.