Place at Perry's
2680 Cedar Springs Rd.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Place at Perry's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.placeatperrys.com/
- Phone: 2148719991x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm;
Sunday Evenings Closed;
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm (available only at the bar or on the patio)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jaime Corona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Place would love to cater your next event! We can create custom catering menus for any size group! Please contact our private dining coordinator for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Place at Perrys provides a fabulous dining experience and exquisite, award winning food. We have a private dining room for both personal and corporate events. We have three separate private dining areas for parties ranging anywhere from 12 to 60 and full restaurant buy outs for parties over 100 are a possibility. We provide custom menus with corporate logos or personal messages. We have all necessary AV accommodations for your business or personal event!
- Private Party Contact: Ally Masten 2148719991x
- Special Events: Place at Perry's provides a fabulous dining experience and exquisite, award winning food. We have a private dining room for both personal and corporate events. This room holds up to 50 people while our other spaces can hold over 150 guests. We provide custom menus with corporate logos or personal messages. We provide all the hook-ups for our A/V equipment at no charge. Place at Perrys also provides catering for business events, birthday parties and weddings! We would love to help make your next event perfect!
A word from Place at Perry's
Place at Perry's is a Dallas original restaurant that has been open over 10 years serving prime steaks and sustainable seafood. Recently relocated into our SHINY NEW DIGS, Place at Perry's is a casual chic modern day steakhouse with soaring ceilings, a wrap around patio, serpentine crimson bar and private dining rooms. For all of the meat we serve, the animals have never been given antibiotics growth hormones or any other chemicals, they are also raised humanely and sustainably.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Place at Perry's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (34)romantic (30)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Perfect dinner!Thesports007Dined on 10/17/2014Lobster mac & cheese is excellent! Steaks were cooked perfectly and the grilled asparagus was a great complement. Excellent wine and appetizer recommendations by the server, Heather. Great experience overall!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorite RestaurantsMSquaredMomDined on 10/11/2014We can't believe that this restaurant isn't busier. EVERY time that we go the food is amazing as well as the service. This restaurant should be slammed.Special Features:
- Great last minute findDSquared53VIPDined on 10/10/2014In Dallas for a football game and found Perry's last minute. Lucked out. Great meal, and our server Leah was awesome!Special Features:
- LcortxDined on 9/29/2014The thoughtful way the restaurant is designed is the main reason I would go back. Each table is a special space for that party. The bar is lit up and fun to be at. I love the red glass art hanging from by tall widows. Overall the space is inviting and makes the Place at Perry's special.Special Features:
- Another outstanding meal . . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Place at Perry's never fails to amaze with great food choices and outstanding service. Don't get enough opportunities to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.. Server was mehBeautyBDined on 9/19/2014Server was so quick to provide an answer without knowing facts. Also, was not good on "selling".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A List nightJackjesDined on 9/19/2014Went for an A list discount night. Food was good, but I would not be inclined to pay full price. Had one coctail was not very good. Overall rate would be 7 out of 10.Special Features:
- Great steak!BeerSeason247Dined on 9/19/2014First time here, had the stuffed mushrooms, the filet, whipped potatoes and Brussels sprouts. I never cared much for Brussel sprouts, but these were delicious. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The Place at Perry's has fabulous food and a too die for apple pie with ice cream! Bone in Rib Eye and Chicken with gnocchi were possibly the two best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Don't bother!!CodyDined on 9/13/2014This place is a grave yard. Old people and very quiet. Not sure what the deal is. Literally 1 person at the bar @8:43 on a Sat night. Maybe too much competition nearby? Idk. I went here years ago at its old location and loved everything about it. This is not what I expected or wanted. I look like a fool for having brought my wife here on our date night. Appetizer was marginal.I have had way better. Service was ok.. Next to the French room, this is the quietest place I have ever eaten.It feels like your in a hotel restaurant.but not as tasty. At least the bill was 100$ for bad drinks and calamari!Best part of the evening was getting my car from valet. Too bad it has changed so much.VERY DISAPPOINTING.we left without ordering dinner
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I attended Place at Perry's for my birthday dinner/date night. The food was ok and the service felt rushed. In regards to the food, it wasn't spectacular. The steak was very dry for medium and the lobster was overcooked. I didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling of thanks for trying our restaurant for the first time. More of a hurry and finish cause we soon will be closing in 30 minutes. We asked for bread and were forgotten until we asked another waiter. It just felt like we were not valued. I don't think I will return to this location.Special Features:
- Great Steaks Done WellGiovanniDined on 8/27/2014I enjoyed this place they had wonderful Caesar salad and the filet was very tender and cooked perfectly (medium rare). Service was for the most part very good not excellent for the following reason, when they brought the primary course the secondary waiter had to ask who ordered what (only 2 diners) at this price point and food quality this should not have occurred. Second reason is the bringing the espresso (head waiter) prior to me finishing my desert, this is not acceptable as espresso has to be drunk 3 minutes after it is poured in the cup for optimum taste and more importantly should only be brought out after the desert plates have been cleared from the table. Other that great place with some minor tweaks need for excellent service.Special Features:
- Perfect LunchDandelionlionDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely delicious - the angus filet was perfectly cooked. The $20 plate was just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!kittkat03Dined on 8/26/2014We went for restaurant week and were very pleased with our selections! Everything was great. Steak cooked perfectly, salmon flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PlainAndyDined on 8/23/2014Food was good but nothing out of the ordinary. Pork chop over cooked and dry, rib eye over 50% fat! service over the top to point of disturbing us and ambience very stark.
- Bland foodtony121Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant had a good atmosphere butt eh food was bland the dishes seem to be missing flavor, has no comparison to such places as Fearing's restaurant
- AmazingunforgetableDined on 8/20/2014This was my first time to eat at the Place at Perry's and I will definitely return. The food was delicious. I had a filet and it melted in my mouth it was so tender. The Firecracker Shrimp was out of this world ... not too hot, but just enough. The Crispy Brussel Sprouts were amazing and I am not a big brussel sprout lover. We also had dessert and it was just as good as the rest of the meal. The problem was the amount of the servings. We went during restaurant week and you never would have known by the serving size. It was a regular size portion even though we were getting a break on the price. Our waiter and every one else that served us were extremely polite and attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Best Filet in DallaswannabefoodieDined on 8/16/2014All of their steaks are from Niman Ranch, and you can tell a huge difference in the quality of the meat - not to mention the chef cooked it perfectly to medium rare with a flavorful, crispy crust and melt in your mouth, tender center. Easily the best filet we have had in Dallas. The scallops, lobster and veggie sides were all very flavorful and cooked perfectly as well. Only less-than-stellar note was the truffle fries... Not what you expect from this kind of place. Basically they were like fast-food skinny fries tossed in truffle oil - no comparison to Capital Grille or many others on that point, but we didn't go for the fries :) Has a really cool modern vibe - great for a date, special occasion, or just when you want a great steak!Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice Ambiance.TaterSaladDined on 8/16/2014Made reservations last minute on a Saturday, online, for restaurant week. Staff was very friendly. We were greeted with smiles, and after a quick drink at the bar we were seated on time. The menu for restaurant week included many great items. The fillet was wonderful and paired nicely with the creamy spinach. My date had the tilapia (off menu), and we split the caesar salad and dessert. Plenty of food! Nice atmosphere. Valet was complimentary, but you should always tip. Waiter was a little persistent/pushy in my opinion, but he was courteous, didn't forget a thing, and kept the table clean.Special Features:
- MelissaDined on 8/16/2014Everything we tried was outstanding, and I was thrilled to have such great selections available as Restaurant Week options. We did feel like we had to ask other servers for things since our server seemed pretty busy. But he was charming and helpful each time he did come to our table.Special Features:
- Awesome!happyeaterDined on 8/16/2014We brought 2 friends who had never been here - 2 new fans! The food was outstanding, the service from Lawrence and the rest of the staff was stellar. A few hiccups that were quickly and VERY satisfactorily resolved. I can't say enough about what a wonderful meal this was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night With The GirlsnerdyporkchopsDined on 8/15/2014I planned it all in secret. My BFF's birthday. The restaurant was beautiful - I'd never been, but I knew I wanted to. I listed under special accommodations that we had a birthday girl and the staff were very friendly and tactful. The food was divine - the only way to eat that steak was with your eyes closed. And don't even get me started on dessert. All in all, I was very impressed and you can bet I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lola2014Dined on 8/15/2014We loved this place, will be back. Lawrence, you are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Change!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Place at Perry's has changed significantly. WOW. Use to go there a few yrs ago and it was a very very quiet, stodgy, traditional steakhouse. Good food, good service. No complaints. We quit going there just to try something new down the street. We were looking for a quiet steakhouse to take our 87 yr old mother for her birthday. Perry's was a no-brainer. What a shock as we discovered they had moved down the street and completely changed everything. No longer a dark cavernous, quiet and traditional steakhouse. It is beautiful! High ceilings, large windows, airy, and the bar is hot. If it was just my husband and I, this would have fit the bill perfect. But, as I said, we were looking for quiet and traditional. Noise level is way too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We were looking forward to visiting the new location, but were very disappointed. The old location had a quiet, elegant style. This new location is very modern looking and extremely noisy. There was only the choice of energetic regarding the noise and it does not really fit. The old location was a favorite place for a special occasion. We only go to Dallas infrequently now since moving to the mid-cities area. The food was excellent, but because of the noise level, we will not return.
- exceptional experienceresponsibleeaterDined on 8/12/2014My girlfriend and I dined at Place at Perry's earlier this week to kick off Restaurant Week, and we will certainly be back many times in the future. As we only eat sustainable, organic meat, finding a decent steak can sometimes be a challenge. But I think we've found our gem. Not only does Place at Perry's use all organic meats, they create amazing dishes full of flavor and cooked magically. We had the Caesar salad and tomato bisque, which were both delicious. We got one ribeye and one filet as mains with potatoes and brussel sprouts as sides. The filet was a bit overcooked, but they fixed the problem very promptly and graciously.the steaks were unbelievable. I definitely reccomend that ribeye, rare and charred. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu was very good!hallieDined on 8/11/2014We went to Place at Perry's during Restaurant Week. Our food was quite good, and our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night for Restaurant WeekkacicanDined on 8/11/2014We had an incredible dining experience. The food was excellent. We chose the wine pairings and the wine was great as well. Our server was perfectly attentive, but not in our face. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodMSquaredMomDined on 8/9/2014I can't believe that this restaurant isn't more crowded. The food and ambiance is excellent. I especially like that they have humanely raised meat- the preparations are delicious.Special Features:
- Very good, as usualRickVIPDined on 8/2/2014The steaks were excellent, the calamari was superb, and the apple pie in a bag is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Dining with FriendsFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Second dinner here and already looking forward to our next. The calamari was delicious and tender. Two friends ate steaks that were tender and juicy. The salmon and lobster were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night is a steal!KatieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Loved the concept for their Ladies night (Mondays) for $35 - soup/salad, 8 oz filet and a side (go for baked potato!) and dessert. Enough for 2 meals and makes a great lunch. Didn't even touch the steak and was still super full. Service didn't miss a beat and was very attentive.Special Features:
- Place at PerrysChefGeoffWDCVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent meal and service. Generous portions. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daddylattDined on 7/17/2014Not your typical Steakhouse. Décor and ambience a little different. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- Lovely dining experienceHoopsDined on 7/16/2014Especially enjoyed the appetizers. Fire cracker shrimp was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHerbBDined on 7/16/2014Staff is very accommodating. Food was great. If you want extra side, they are a bit overpriced. But that's a minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/15/2014Place at Perry's never disappoints. Excellent food and great staff. Very attentive, but not intrusive. Their Ahi Tuna is the best in Dallas.Special Features:
- A Dallas gemWeluvfoodDined on 7/12/2014We chose Place at Perry's as it wasn't far from our hotel and based on the reviews we read. What a gem of a restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxing and chic. Our waiter, Jason, was knowledgable and made great suggestions. The filet was so tender you could cut it with a fork. Sides were generous. Even though we didn't have much room left for dessert, we ordered the paper bag apple pie and what a delightful and delicious ending to our evening! I will recommend Place at Perry's to anyone who visits Dallas.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantlovetoeatgreatfood7Dined on 6/28/2014I would have gave it 5 stars because the waiter and food was great. However, I had to give it 4 stars because I had an incident that happened with the valet boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 805 reviews are from the Place at Perry's reviews archive.
- Great restaurant, good foodHat554Dined on 6/15/2014I came here as a group of 4 and we were pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful the restaurant itself and the neighborhood was. The brunch menu was so filling I couldn't eat dinner until later that day. The drinks were delicious. I only recommend to add the drinks on the menu. The food was also delicious and our waiter was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends as it was a pleasant experience for me and my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.