Place at Perry's
2680 Cedar Springs Rd.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Place at Perry's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.placeatperrys.com/
- Phone: 2148719991
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm; Sunday Evenings Closed;
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm;
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 3:00pm-7:00pm (available only at the bar or on the patio)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jaime Corona
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Place would love to cater your next event! We can create custom catering menus for any size group! Please contact our private dining coordinator for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Place at Perrys provides a fabulous dining experience and exquisite, award winning food. We have a private dining room for both personal and corporate events. We have three separate private dining areas for parties ranging anywhere from 12 to 60 and full restaurant buy outs for parties over 100 are a possibility. We provide custom menus with corporate logos or personal messages. We have all necessary AV accommodations for your business or personal event!
- Private Party Contact: Ally Masten 2148719991
- Special Events: Place at Perry's provides a fabulous dining experience and exquisite, award winning food. We have a private dining room for both personal and corporate events. This room holds up to 50 people while our other spaces can hold over 150 guests. We provide custom menus with corporate logos or personal messages. We provide all the hook-ups for our A/V equipment at no charge. Place at Perrys also provides catering for business events, birthday parties and weddings! We would love to help make your next event perfect!
A word from Place at Perry's
Place at Perry's is a Dallas original restaurant that has been open over 10 years serving prime steaks and sustainable seafood. Recently relocated into our SHINY NEW DIGS, Place at Perry's is a casual chic modern day steakhouse with soaring ceilings, a wrap around patio, serpentine crimson bar and private dining rooms. For all of the meat we serve, the animals have never been given antibiotics growth hormones or any other chemicals, they are also raised humanely and sustainably.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Place at Perry's - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Place at Perry's reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)fit for foodies (35)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best Filet in DallaswannabefoodieDined on 8/16/2014All of their steaks are from Niman Ranch, and you can tell a huge difference in the quality of the meat - not to mention the chef cooked it perfectly to medium rare with a flavorful, crispy crust and melt in your mouth, tender center. Easily the best filet we have had in Dallas. The scallops, lobster and veggie sides were all very flavorful and cooked perfectly as well. Only less-than-stellar note was the truffle fries... Not what you expect from this kind of place. Basically they were like fast-food skinny fries tossed in truffle oil - no comparison to Capital Grille or many others on that point, but we didn't go for the fries :) Has a really cool modern vibe - great for a date, special occasion, or just when you want a great steak!Special Features:
- Good Food, Nice Ambiance.TaterSaladDined on 8/16/2014Made reservations last minute on a Saturday, online, for restaurant week. Staff was very friendly. We were greeted with smiles, and after a quick drink at the bar we were seated on time. The menu for restaurant week included many great items. The fillet was wonderful and paired nicely with the creamy spinach. My date had the tilapia (off menu), and we split the caesar salad and dessert. Plenty of food! Nice atmosphere. Valet was complimentary, but you should always tip. Waiter was a little persistent/pushy in my opinion, but he was courteous, didn't forget a thing, and kept the table clean.Special Features:
- MelissaDined on 8/16/2014Everything we tried was outstanding, and I was thrilled to have such great selections available as Restaurant Week options. We did feel like we had to ask other servers for things since our server seemed pretty busy. But he was charming and helpful each time he did come to our table.Special Features:
- Awesome!happyeaterDined on 8/16/2014We brought 2 friends who had never been here - 2 new fans! The food was outstanding, the service from Lawrence and the rest of the staff was stellar. A few hiccups that were quickly and VERY satisfactorily resolved. I can't say enough about what a wonderful meal this was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night With The GirlsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I planned it all in secret. My BFF's birthday. The restaurant was beautiful - I'd never been, but I knew I wanted to. I listed under special accommodations that we had a birthday girl and the staff were very friendly and tactful. The food was divine - the only way to eat that steak was with your eyes closed. And don't even get me started on dessert. All in all, I was very impressed and you can bet I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lola2014Dined on 8/15/2014We loved this place, will be back. Lawrence, you are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Change!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Place at Perry's has changed significantly. WOW. Use to go there a few yrs ago and it was a very very quiet, stodgy, traditional steakhouse. Good food, good service. No complaints. We quit going there just to try something new down the street. We were looking for a quiet steakhouse to take our 87 yr old mother for her birthday. Perry's was a no-brainer. What a shock as we discovered they had moved down the street and completely changed everything. No longer a dark cavernous, quiet and traditional steakhouse. It is beautiful! High ceilings, large windows, airy, and the bar is hot. If it was just my husband and I, this would have fit the bill perfect. But, as I said, we were looking for quiet and traditional. Noise level is way too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We were looking forward to visiting the new location, but were very disappointed. The old location had a quiet, elegant style. This new location is very modern looking and extremely noisy. There was only the choice of energetic regarding the noise and it does not really fit. The old location was a favorite place for a special occasion. We only go to Dallas infrequently now since moving to the mid-cities area. The food was excellent, but because of the noise level, we will not return.
- exceptional experienceresponsibleeaterDined on 8/12/2014My girlfriend and I dined at Place at Perry's earlier this week to kick off Restaurant Week, and we will certainly be back many times in the future. As we only eat sustainable, organic meat, finding a decent steak can sometimes be a challenge. But I think we've found our gem. Not only does Place at Perry's use all organic meats, they create amazing dishes full of flavor and cooked magically. We had the Caesar salad and tomato bisque, which were both delicious. We got one ribeye and one filet as mains with potatoes and brussel sprouts as sides. The filet was a bit overcooked, but they fixed the problem very promptly and graciously.the steaks were unbelievable. I definitely reccomend that ribeye, rare and charred. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu was very good!hallieDined on 8/11/2014We went to Place at Perry's during Restaurant Week. Our food was quite good, and our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night for Restaurant WeekkacicanDined on 8/11/2014We had an incredible dining experience. The food was excellent. We chose the wine pairings and the wine was great as well. Our server was perfectly attentive, but not in our face. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014I can't believe that this restaurant isn't more crowded. The food and ambiance is excellent. I especially like that they have humanely raised meat- the preparations are delicious.Special Features:
- Very good, as usualRickVIPDined on 8/2/2014The steaks were excellent, the calamari was superb, and the apple pie in a bag is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Dining with FriendsFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Second dinner here and already looking forward to our next. The calamari was delicious and tender. Two friends ate steaks that were tender and juicy. The salmon and lobster were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Night is a steal!KatieVIPDined on 7/21/2014Loved the concept for their Ladies night (Mondays) for $35 - soup/salad, 8 oz filet and a side (go for baked potato!) and dessert. Enough for 2 meals and makes a great lunch. Didn't even touch the steak and was still super full. Service didn't miss a beat and was very attentive.Special Features:
- Place at PerrysChefGeoffWDCDined on 7/19/2014Excellent meal and service. Generous portions. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daddylattDined on 7/17/2014Not your typical Steakhouse. Décor and ambience a little different. Service was greatSpecial Features:
- Lovely dining experienceHoopsDined on 7/16/2014Especially enjoyed the appetizers. Fire cracker shrimp was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHerbBDined on 7/16/2014Staff is very accommodating. Food was great. If you want extra side, they are a bit overpriced. But that's a minor issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dallas gemWeluvfoodDined on 7/12/2014We chose Place at Perry's as it wasn't far from our hotel and based on the reviews we read. What a gem of a restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxing and chic. Our waiter, Jason, was knowledgable and made great suggestions. The filet was so tender you could cut it with a fork. Sides were generous. Even though we didn't have much room left for dessert, we ordered the paper bag apple pie and what a delightful and delicious ending to our evening! I will recommend Place at Perry's to anyone who visits Dallas.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantlovetoeatgreatfood7Dined on 6/28/2014I would have gave it 5 stars because the waiter and food was great. However, I had to give it 4 stars because I had an incident that happened with the valet boy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, good foodHat554Dined on 6/15/2014I came here as a group of 4 and we were pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful the restaurant itself and the neighborhood was. The brunch menu was so filling I couldn't eat dinner until later that day. The drinks were delicious. I only recommend to add the drinks on the menu. The food was also delicious and our waiter was very friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends as it was a pleasant experience for me and my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grits, Glorious GritswbejDined on 6/13/2014While my companions gushed over the deliciousness of the chicken fried ribeye, I drooled over the pork chop which the chef butterflied to cater to my taste for doneness. Topped with the sweet chutney, it was wonderful. But the real star attraction, other than our server Lawrence from New Orleans who was a real treat, was the generous serving of grits. I asked if cheese could be added, and again the chef obliged. They were unbelievable, with bits of real sweet corn mixed in and thickened with real heavy cream. I can hardly wait to go back--and won't wait for a special occasion to do so. And again, ask for Lawrence--he's the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectationsyum2tumDined on 6/7/2014The service we expierenced was first class all the way. The food, service, and atmosphere went above expectations. We will certainly be going back for our next special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014I planned my brother's bachelor party dinner for here and we loved it. Steaks, seafood, attentive service, everything we wanted to start the night out. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findhappytummyDined on 5/31/2014Loved everything about this place. Be aware that it is tucked inside a tall building which makes it nice and private but a little hard to find the first time you go. My steak was amazing. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulKropsterDined on 5/17/2014Beautuful restaurant -- felt very nice for this special occasion: college graduation. Brunch menu was okay, but would have preferred some options with more vegetables on the plate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "Place" to Go in DallasTxdonmartin1Dined on 5/11/2014Chef Charles Miller is doing a great job at the Place at Perry's. We went for Mother's Day (I took my wife and my in-laws) and had a wonderful brunch. The food was well prepared, the service was great and the restaurant is beautiful in a beautiful location. We'll be back for sure, we love the Place at Perrys.Special Features:
- Special occasion favoritePatzmarVIPDined on 5/11/2014We enjoy brunch with family after church, or special occasion dining for a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uptown brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2014Can't beat Place at Perry's for weekend brunch. The menu is filled with unusually tasty traditional items as well as a few new tastings different from the typical Dallas brunch picks. Somewhat hidden in a corner of a multi-story development on Cedar Springs, look for the red awnings and you won't miss it!Special Features:
- Great change of pacec52007Dined on 5/3/2014We go out a couple of times a month for a dinner without the kids. Most of the time the restaurant is dark and often loud. Not here! The restaurant is bright, we could talk easily and the food and service were wonderful. It was a nice night out with no rush or stress. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted a steakBrichCRADined on 4/30/2014We wanted a steak and this place delivers. Not very many steak houses can cook Pittsburgh style. My New York Strip was cooked perfectly. The sides were excellent and our waiter was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 794 reviews are from the Place at Perry's reviews archive.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!SuzanidyDined on 4/19/2014My husband, 12-year old daughter and I have been to Place at Perry's a half dozen times, the last time being Saturday night for my daughter's birthday. Great food, warm service, beautiful restaurant.. We wonder why it doesn't seem to be more popular than it is? The restaurant's pulse suffers from having two sides I think this division spreads people out so much that one side has no idea what is happening on the other side. My husband wondered if the bar/booth side needed a DJ to liven it up a little? I actually think he might be on to something. This last time it was the busiest it has been so maybe word is spreading how good it is. I highly encourage people to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th annivsry, The Place at Perry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We were greated with complimentary procecco which was sweet and refreshing. Our salads, and steaks were excellent and dessert was perfect too. Dessert was decorated wishing us a happy anniversary as well, which was a nice and thoughtful touch. Instead of wine we opted to have cocktails which were also excellent. Perry's vodka martini's do not disappoint. Service was very attentive and the decor is very upscale big city Dallas. The place at Perry's probably has the most tasteful modern decor of any Dallas restaraunt. It's always been one of our favorites for steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Brunch!EBBTNVIPDined on 4/13/2014The brunch menu had a great variety of items that gave everyone in my party a choice...from gluten free to carnivores to vegetarian. We will go back!Special Features:
- All Around Great RestaurantZdeshDined on 4/6/2014Went with two other ladies for Sunday brunch and had an awesome experience! The service was great and the food was fabulous. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently strong steak houseLocalVIPDined on 3/31/2014Took a business group of six for lunch - great food and great service. The bone-in Ribeye was perfect, but all raved about their choice. Excellent service and was not noisy. Pricey but that's par for the course for top steaks.Special Features:
- What took me so longbruncherVIPDined on 3/24/2014I was impressed by the level of service from everyone including the hostess, Quinn the operating partner, and Jason the server. Chef made it to our table twice, and you must sit in the rotunda. I don't know why I waited so long to go. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationshgreatfoodDined on 3/22/2014Great Birthday celebration, great food, best chicken fried steak ever! Bread budding very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before theatre 3!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Perry's was perfect place for dining before the theatre. The service was professional, warm and prompt. The food was deicious too. My only complaint was the small size of the table. The four of us were juggling to make room for drinks and appetizers so when the entrees and sides arrived it was just simply too crowded for fine dining with that deicious caliber of food. It's a shame. I would have given more stars but that influenced the whole experience.Special Features: