PJ's Bar & Grill at Gray's Crossing
11406 Henness Rd
Truckee, CA 96161Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PJ's Bar & Grill at Gray's Crossing
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tahoemountainclub.com/
- Phone: 5305505801
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Willy Carroll
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: PJ"s is available for Special Events
- Private Party Contact: Dana Brooks 5305505099
A word from PJ's Bar & Grill at Gray's Crossing
PJ’s Bar and Grill, named for golfing great Peter Jacobson, is one of Tahoe Mountain Club’s culinary gems. It has an inviting open air indoor bar and dining room that opens up to the outdoor patio with exceptional views of the 18th Hole of Gray’s Crossing and majestic Mt. Rose. The outdoor event lawn and patio with a fire pit are great for relaxing after your round of golf or for a family friendly dining. The restaurant also serves as the “Turn” bar where golfers can order their food by cell phone from the 9th Tee and have it ready to go on the way the 10th Tee. PJ’s Bar and Grill is a full service restaurant that is open to Tahoe Mountain Club members, Gray’s Crossing golfers, and to the public at large. Under the direction of Executive Chef Willy Carroll, the restaurant serves upscale contemporary Californian fare for breakfast, lunch and sunset dining. It also features a full bar with specialty cocktails and comprehensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PJ's Bar & Grill at Gray's Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- hickupVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a very small restaurant that was originally a private club for golfers and members of the surrounding development. It has for the past few years been open to the public and my understanding is it is operational from May thru October. It is situated at the edge of the golf course with lovely views, the dining room is quite attractive with tall exposed beam ceilings supported by a large steel frame. The service was a bit slow, the menu is probably more suited for lunch than for dinner as the dinner selections were quite limited. The food was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Hidden GemLive2enjoyDined on 8/3/2014Set on a beautiful golf course, with wonderful scenery of the Sierra Mountains. PJ's offers a varied menu, something for everyone. My new go to place to bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mcmary40Dined on 7/28/2014PJ's has a unique indoor/outdoor setting with scenic views and a wonderfully reliable menu of excellent casual fare. Always a standard for us while in Tahoe!! Can't recommend it enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Great menu, great setting, beautiful ambiance. Service staff needs additional training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and badKathleenVIPDined on 7/3/2014Having an enjoyable dinner here can be dicey. The staff is young and seems very inexperienced when it comes to servicing diners. It took a very long time to get someone to take our drink order and longer still to bring the drink. The bussers can't seem to do anything but pick up plates. The one busier was no help at all for the server who was very busy. She did her best with incompetent work mates. I dropped my fork and it took a very long time before anyone brought one after they were alerted. We had to send back the filet because it was over cooked. It was delicious when they corrected the mistake but the vegetables were so salty it was hard to eat them. The manager needs to teach them how to serve properly.
- The following 2 reviews are from the PJ's Bar & Grill at Gray's Crossing reviews archive.
- great food with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/9/2014Located at Gray's Crossing in Truckee with a nice patio with shade overlooking the gold course. Food was wonderful with a nice variety;a lovely place for a summer lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our eveningljtirmanDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful dinner on the outdoor patio. It was a little cold after the sun went down and it would have been great to have had a heater at our table. We asked about getting one, but no one came back to tell us yes or no, so we just moved to sit by the fire place. Other than that, our waitress Chelsei was very nice and everyone was efficient and nice. The food was great. The view was amazing.Special Features: