248 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzicatoristorante.com/
- Phone: (215) 629-5527
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday -Sunday: 11:00am -10:00pm;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Duva
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Onsite catering is avavilble for your event needs. Please contact us for more information. 215-629-5527
- Special Events: Check out our Facebook page for more information.
A word from Pizzicato Ristorante
Since 1997, Pizzicato, the Olde City Landmark brings the robust flavors of Italy with hand crafted pastas, pizza, and truly authentic Italian cuisine. Our chefs use only the freshest ingredients with an emphasis on locally grown and produced ingredients. For over 15 years, we have taken great pride bringing authentic rustic Italian cuisine to our friends and loyal patrons in olde city. We are proud of our longevity, but always believe in "keeping it fresh" with new flavors as well as interpreting time honored classics! Known for handmade pastas, woodburning Roman style pizzas and eclectic cocktails- we offer something different in olde city! We hope if you are visiting us from another locale, or across town, in our beloved Philadelphia, you'll drop in and enjoy lunch, dinner, or cocktails with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzicato Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014This spot was very very tiny. My table was 8 inches from the next table. Ditto for the opposite side. Due to close proximity a conversation with my husband was almost impossible. HOWEVER, the FOOD was amazing! I had gnocchi and my hubby had a BBQ pizza. Food service was quick but unpersonable as our server was 1 of 2 servers working. I would order my good to go next time I am in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lizmarDined on 10/17/2014My linguine with clams was so salty that it was inedible; however, at my request, the chef did prepare a substitute dish with no salt. I shared the artichoke heart/zucchini fries appetizer. My friend and I agreed that the artichoke hearts were tasty, but the zucchini fries were not. There was insufficient bleu cheese sauce to accompany the dish. The bread was mediocre, at best. The waiter was friendly and helpful and handled my complaint professionally and with courtesy.
- dependably deliciousamoreDined on 9/27/2014We love Pizzicato's salads, pizza, and pasta dishes. The artichoke with zucchini fries are delicious.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Pizzicato Ristorante reviews archive.
- Short visitPhillyPhanDined on 7/24/2014Only had time for a quick bite as we had to get folks back on their way for a baseball stadium bus tour. Service was friendly and courteous, and food--the little we had since it was early and we had eaten lunch at the baseball game--was very good. Pastas being served all around us looked wonderful. Veal sliders were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, Restaurant TiredLonnyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had Father's Day lunch at Pizzicato and I wish I'd chosen a different restaurant once I walked in the door. The restaurant was relatively empty. The food was ok, not bad, not good. The restaurant needs a serious handyman. Plaster on the walls is chipping. The walls are dirty. The feel of the restaurant is dirty. It starts with the menus that are bent (at best) and have multiple food stains - disgusting. A good way to make bad impressions. Stay away until they clean the place up.
- Great foodBestMealEverVIPDined on 5/18/2014One of the best calamari I've had in a long time. The service was great and this place was very chill. Definitely will be coming back in the future.Special Features:
- Great food!!TinkerbellVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent! The kids had the four cheese pizza - so good! My husband raved about the lasagna. The ravioli with basil cream sauce was the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amoreDined on 4/19/2014As always, the food was delicious and the service--from the manager to the busboy--was offered with a warm smile.Special Features:
- A great informal dining placeBenzuckVIPDined on 4/4/2014We had an excellent dinner and were served by a personable, knowledgable waitress. She clearly explained the dishes we asked about , the food was ready very quickly, and was excellent. Almost as important to us was the quiet noise level, which added to our pleasure with Pizzicato. We will definitely return for meals in the future.Special Features:
- A Gem in the City of Brotherly LoveGBrascoDined on 3/8/2014Really Great food, quiet in order to carry on a conversation with friends, niecest dinner in Philadelphis I have had in years. Staff was friendly and helpful, A wonderful evening of food and freinds.Special Features:
- Good for local kid-friendly dinnerJeffDined on 2/15/2014Our group of 4 adults and 6 kids stopped in for dinner following a matinee at a local theater. Food was good (mostly pizza, pasta, and salads), and they certainly did not mind the kids in the restaurant. There seemed to be a combination of locals and tourists dining among us. We'll keep in mind when we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDjRoleplayDined on 2/14/2014Great staff, great food, great everything. The frontend of the resturant has a dinner feel to it but they do have a private backroom that has a more classic 5 star look to it. Just an all around amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dayice231Dined on 2/14/2014This was a perfect restaurant for valentines day. They had an Italian menu with great food choices, everything was pricey but the food was the best I've had in that area. The scene was very richy and they even brought a tray of deserts out to your table so you could choose what you wanted from a visual scene. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly nice!SuburbaniteVIPDined on 1/30/2014Went for special occasion (wife's birthday) with diverse age group. There was something for everyone on the menu, and every one of the 10 people at the table enjoyed their food. The pizzas are great, and the pastas and fish were well prepared. Thsi is not haute cuisine but it's very tasty and reliable food. Our waitress (whose name I don't recall but was tall, blonde, very sweet) was very attentive and no one had to ask for more water, bread, or another drink. Food arrived promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good and reasonableEyeBVIPDined on 1/24/2014Always very good salads and pizzas, entrees nicely done, too. Pleasant wait staff. Quiet on our last visit, a bitterly cold night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Italian sausage app wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The Italian sausage app was amazing. Flavors blended well. The pizza was great too. I would love to come back again to try other menu items and to get that app again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place had a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2013This place had a very nice staff and the food was good had a good selection of appt., salads and enteree'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but PowerfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013We were running late and they held our reservation for us - nice, modern decor, menu with plenty of variety, friendly staff and outstanding hostess who not only seated us but continued to serve us and make sure we got to the show on time! The food was fresh, hot, tasty and beautiful to look at. The corking fee was a plus. We will definitely come back again (when we don't have to rush) to enjoy this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!yikwuhDined on 10/14/2013We went to dinner early and had seen this restaurant earlier in the day. Since we were new in the city, we made reservations. It didn't seem to matter since the restaurant was not crowded at 6 PM. Our reservations were acknowledged and we were seated. Our waiter didn't seem very interested in our dining experience; in fact, he seem to be just going thru the motions. He did announce the specials. He brought our drinks but never checked to see if we wanted refills. He also brought our food but never came back to inquire whether we were enjoying it or whether we needed anything else. The food was mediocre at best. My pork tenderloin was bland and tough. We would not recommend this restaurant!
- a good not great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2013The food was decent, the server was very pleasant. We ate outside, which I can't say I would do again due to the level of traffic noise. The restaurant is on the corner of 3rd and Market so the noise level is quite loud and, while this isn't the restaurant's fault, it was still irritating. Only issue with the service was that they brought our pizza maybe five minutes after the appetizers. It wasn't intentional but it made me feel rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatLADYODined on 8/3/2013I Have always liked coming here. But this past Saturday night the food was just okay. It was not busy at all. The Bronzino was good but when filleted there were a lot of bones in it. The vegetables were cold and I asked them to make them warmer and they were still cold when they came out the second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza in the Heart of OldCityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2013The food was fantastic and our server was great. And be sure to leave room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTkjtdaVIPDined on 6/21/2013The food is always good. Salads and flatbreads are especially good --also try the sweet potato fries!Special Features:
- The food was terrific andBonnieVIPDined on 6/19/2013The food was terrific and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- WelcomingEyeBVIPDined on 5/26/2013Always friendly, welcoming place for good pizzas and other casual food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013Some in our party had excellent food - the veal special was not good. Service ws very nice.
- Great FindChrisHDined on 5/12/2013Went there for Mother's Day. Our table was ready, the entire staff was very friendly. There was 12 of wad that ordered assortment if food and everything was great. The waiter even gave the table 12 chocolate covered strawberries for the occasion prior to ordering dessert. The deserts were tremendous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBuds0605Dined on 5/4/2013First time exploring Olde City and we walked past this restaurant. We were looking for Italian and the menu looked amenable. Pizza is superb, entrees fantastic! And finished off with delicious dessert! Staff was knowledgeable and attentive. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for casual dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2013Good option for casual dining. Great enjoyable meal from start to finish including wine, salad, pizzas and dessert and coffee. There are so many delicious looking dishes on the menu that we plan to come back soon to try more!Special Features:
- Really good appetizers andEyeBVIPDined on 4/19/2013Really good appetizers and pizzas, friendly service, make for enjoyable casual dining.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/8/2013This place has once again exceeded my expectations. The food was delicious. We had the calamari and crab avocado nest salad to start and the calamari is the best I have come across. It's far from your standard calamari. The crab avocado salad was made with REAL crab and was FRESH! Thesetwo are my staples for appetizers. For dinner I had the King salmon which to my surprise is wild caught and not farm raised. A huge plus in my book. The mango butter served on top took the dish from a 9 to a 10. My date had the fettuccini bolognese and devoured it all. Come to find out, all of the pasta is made in house and from scratch. Service was great. Places like pizzicato are hard to come by anymore. We will be back very soon and often!Special Features: