Pizzetteria Brunetti - West Village
626 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizzetteria Brunetti - West Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pizzetteriabrunetti.com/
- Phone: (212) 255-5699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer corporate lunches and offsite catering as well.
A word from Pizzetteria Brunetti - West Village
Pizzetteria Brunetti is equal parts killer Neapolitan pizza, wine bar and authentic Neapolitan small plates and salads in a casual neighborhood vibe. We serve approachable, ingredient - driven, Italian fare with just the right amount of great hospitality in a casual atmosphere. We combine strict traditions along with new age ingredients that set us apart from the rest. Come Eat!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzetteria Brunetti - West Village reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pizza underdoneRobertVIPDined on 11/15/2014We sat outside in the back with heat lamps. It was nice, quiet, if not a bit chilly. Inside it was noisy, crowded and tight. The service was very good. The pizza was kind of disappointing. It came out rather fast, and it seemed to be underdone.
- Wonderful NightNYCchefVIPDined on 11/10/2014Awesome pizza, eggplant park, broccoli rate, and amazing find on the Baby Brunello wine! Great place to celebrate a birthday party. But to charge the table for the birthday person's dessert was inappropriate these days - especially when there was so much money spent in total on the food and wine. The $9 tiramisu wouldn't normally even be worth that, and to the restaurant it's pennies compared to the volumes it speaks to the clients. I'll go back - and then find another place to the end the evening on a sweet note...Special Features:
- Food good, service poorLizzyDined on 11/6/2014As always the pizza is delicious, but the service was rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014We felt like regulars on our first visit with their highly attentive team seeing to our every request . Great energy, great variety of gourmet pizzas perfectly prepared in minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum and yum!FrocoVIPDined on 10/1/2014What a great restaurant! I came here as a result of buying an Urban Daddy certificate. The staff was amazingly nice and attentive. The food was very fresh and absolutely delicious! Everything is priced reasonably too! We had way too much food but I'm glad we got to try what we did. We started with the freshest and most delicious arancini balls! Best I've ever had. We then shared a caprese salad which had super fresh and sweet grape tomatoes. For the main course, we each ordered a pizza (it was part of the Urban Daddy deal). My boyfriend had the sausage pizza and I had the meatball pizza. Omg...so good!!! It was way too much food - had to bring most of the pizzas home. But I can't wait to go back and bring friends. Top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Upscale pizza with creative toppings and a delicious crust. It's a small and comfortable restaurant with delicious pizza. Salads are also very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The pizzas were delicious and the portions were HUGE - definetely worth the price. Mary's Meatball Pizza was by far the best pizza on the menu.Special Features:
- Lovely Garden & ServiceDrDiningVIPDined on 8/18/2014The outdoor garden is worth an appetizer & glass of wine. However, the pizza isn't great. There are much better good options in the village.Special Features:
- A great findTantanbourineVIPDined on 8/15/2014Very happy to have stumbled upon this place. Super affordable (especially for the neighborhood), yet no scrimping on the quality. Great pizza, salad and decently priced wine (around $12/glass). Service was attentive but not invasive. Loved the little courtyard in the back. It's a great place to eat, not break the bank and be able to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Casual dining good foodtomayVIPDined on 8/2/2014Interesting take on pizza not your garden variety Thin crust. Wood burning oven Though pizza itself can be a bit soggy due to toppings. Nice selection of salads and wine beer. Worth a tryI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Pizzetteria Brunetti - West Village reviews archive.
- Great spot for lunchRichDined on 7/26/2014Great spot for lunch, eat outside on the patio and you feel like your in Italy. The Pizza is wonderful. Very friendly staff, and very knowledgeable. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedGigiDined on 7/19/2014The salads and pizza were amazing. Service was great. Perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!barbDined on 7/19/2014The owner is amazing. We were there fort daughters 21st birthday party. They treated us like royalty! The pizza was the best we have had since Italy. The sauce on the meatballs was scrumptious! I loved the gluten free pizza. Definitely will return ASAP!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wood fired pizzaemilVIPDined on 7/18/2014The pizza is incredible! Friendly staff, and a garden in the back. We tried the classic margherita and a San gennaro and both were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but say NO to the clam pizzaValerinaDined on 7/17/2014We ordered two pizzas, the clam pizza (the restaurant's "signature" pizza) and the sopresatta pizza. The sopresatta was delicious!! The clam pizza was one of the worst things I've ever eaten. It was as if the chef dumped an entire can (yes, CAN) of chopped clams onto a white pizza. It was a slimy, soggy, briny mess. When our waiter saw that we had polished off our sopresatta pizza but left the clam pizza nearly untouched, he asked us how we liked everything. My husband politely said that we very much enjoyed ourselves but that the clam pizza had too many clams. The waiter huffed and said, "it's a clam pizza, what do you expect?!" and walked away. If they take so much pride in their clams then they should use fresh ones and not canned ones.Special Features:
- This is the place for PizzaJeffDined on 7/12/2014Walked into a small but quant restaurant for a quick dinner. Greeted by nice staff and sat outside in charming little patio area. Ordered some beer and 2 pizzas for the 2 of us. Dinner came out in an appropriated amount of time and was piping hot. Taste was amazing! Highly recommend this place for a quick (or slow) dinner for couples.Special Features:
- Bravo!!WestVillageHoodRatDined on 7/12/2014Michael, you continue to serve your delicious pizza on every visit. The salads, apps and wine are worth a trip from anywhere in the city. Having finally had the chance to sit in the garden-- We can not wait to return and return....... Thank you !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Very good but too many kids and it was far too noisy - not a grownup placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemlocalsVIPDined on 6/28/2014My girlfriend and I made a last minute reservation at this restaurant and it didn't disappoint! We got a bottle of wine that was very good, and it wasn't particularly expensive. We started with the small cheese, meat and olive board, and it was plenty for two people and very delicious. Then we split the spicy sopressata pizza (per our wait staff's suggestion) and it was awesome. The crust was perfect and the meat was very good. Finished with an espresso which was great, I loved the small neighborhood vibe and the wait staff was very nice.. would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 82muchVIPDined on 6/21/2014creative and delicious combinations of ingredientsI would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed an early summer dinner here last week and got to sit outside on the back patio, which was nice. Service was very good (except for the hostress, who was reluctant to seat us outside when I asked, even though the dining room was half empty and the outdoor space was also not very crowded). The pizzas are the star attraction here. Great and unique ingredients. The salads are just OK. The arancini were too big and a gooey mess. Good wine list. Would go back.Special Features:
- Very good quality, service so-soMaxiliano11VIPDined on 5/29/2014Quality of the pizza and it's contents is very good. I think they could improve the service. Have more than one person able to do the check please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Pizza in NYC!!!!!WestVillageHoodRatDined on 5/24/2014Visited PB for the 4th time in the past 6 months and they are getting better and better. The salads and apps are all very good-- I like the arugula and artichoke salad best. The Vongole pizza is a must try and the Nutella pizza for dessert(or dinner!) is incredible . Give it a try-- you will not be disappointed. One thing-- Ask for your pizza "well done"Special Features:
- opentableVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent pizzas. Small- perfcect for one person, but very reasonable price and very tasty. Many unique kinds. Salads were fabulous.
- Laid back and lovely.WestVillageEaterVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is a great addition to the neighborhood. We had eggplant parm app along with a meat and cheese plate, arancini, an arugula salad and 5 pizzas. Everything was delicious. Service was attentive but we never felt rushed. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrystalDDined on 5/18/2014If you want to enjoy authentic italien food...this is the place! The pizza is delicious!Special Features:
- Authentic and Delicious ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014This restaurant is a gem. I have been several times in the past two months and each time I leave blown away by the freshness of the ingredients and the quality of the food. The dining room is lively and unfussy, but the music and waitstaff bring it up a notch. Every pizza I have tasted has been perfect. The salads are inventive without being fussy and always lightly dressed. The meatballs are all beef and the texture and size is exceptional. The eggplant and arancini were delicious too. And the lemon ricotta zeppole for dessert were pure bliss!Special Features:
- Great PizzaNYCdinerDined on 5/2/2014We ate outside which was much better than being inside of the bar area. The food was delish and relatively fast. Would recommend for specialty pizza lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! What a nice surprise.HunterVDined on 4/27/2014We were there on a Sunday night. Took the Sunday 3-course menuoffer for $30 including a beverage and coffee. Normally with these kind of menus, size and taste are at risk. But not here! Fresh Italian salad and a large meatball with red sauce and ricotta to start with. Both very tasty and clearly fresh prepared. Then a crispy Pizza Margherita. And finishing off with small zeppole (Italian doughnuts). Wow, just right from sweetness and texture, heavenly. Service was a high standard, though full and alway available. We even got a glass of wine on the house for the little bit longer wait. Ambiance is warm and cosy, we felt very comfortable. I highly recommend this place. What a value for money, unique in NYC. Best experience sins a long time.Special Features:
- PizzaIzzoDined on 4/18/2014Good pizza, however I think fewer ingredients on each might make for a better crust.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something For EveryoneMikeDDined on 4/17/2014Loved Pizzetteria Brunetti! I returned twice in a week - NOT the norm for me. It's NOT over-priced; it's a quaint, upscale pizzeria (offering many delicious entrees as well), with a lovely outdoor patio, friendly staff, and GLUTEN-FREE options. The Pizzas and the variety thereof are outstanding. The portions of some selected entrees are a bit small for a person with a huge appetite (like myself), but the truth is these are the correct portions recommended by most nutritionists. So if you arrive with an enormous appetite then stick to their sandwiches and pizzas. If you are health conscious and counting calories then you'll LOVE their entrees, gluten-free options, and their outstanding Kal salad & eggplant parm! Something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in the West VillageWestVillageHoodRatDined on 4/12/2014PB did not let us down. We visited for our third time on Saturday night and the pizza, salads and cocktails were A+. Keep up the good work. Can not wait to sit in the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now that was seriously good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/27/2014we have four individual pies, each better than the other. Absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great Italian gem!KsilberVIPDined on 3/23/2014What a great Italian gem! Pizzetteria Brunetti is equal parts killer Neapolitan pizza, wine bar and authentic Neapolitan small plates and salads in a casual neighborhood vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than NaplesCassieVIPDined on 3/5/2014I was in Naples last summer and was quite disappointed with their pizza. The sauce was delicious but the pizza itself was soggy. Pizzetteria Brunetti was amazing, I felt like I was in Naples. I woud definitely go back again and would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features: