Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town
5408 Koloa Road
Koloa, HI 96756Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzettakauai.com/
- Phone: (808) 742-8881
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town
Buon Giorno! Our recipes originated in the warmth of the kitchens of my hometown, Altomonte, in the region of Calabria in Southern Italy. Today we offer you these culinary delights made from scratch with the finest and freshest ingredients. Here we are striving to carry on my family's time-honored tradition of using delicious food to put a smile on your face and replenish your soul.Continued
Please come visit when on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
Please come visit when on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town - Best Restaurants in Koloa ›
Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Nice varietyGrutoVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our group got Caprese, Italian salad, Mozzarella sticks, and pizza......Food was great.....Techno-Pop, not so muchSpecial Features:
- Fine Italian Food in PoipuoldcatDined on 10/30/2014This neighborhood gem has an extensive Italian menu including great pizza. Although it was raining, we sat on the porch (no view) and enjoyed the ambiance. We chose a pasta dish and meat lasagna, both very well prepared, served hot and delicious. The portions were large enough that we had the leftovers for dinner the following night. We observed several tables with pizzas that appeared stacked with tasty items. You may watch the pizzas being made from the sidewalk. We will try the pizza next time. For two with beer, a split salad and entrees our bill was under $50, less than half of what would be charged in the tourist restaurants in Poipu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in poipuMalzybearDined on 10/28/2014Service was great! Food was amazing! Outdoor patio was small but perfect for dinner time. Food is reasonably priced as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little Italian placeDOdinerDined on 10/28/2014I was staying in Poipu where all food is expensive ($15 oatmeal anyone?) and decided to go to Koloa town for dinner and went to this gem. The food was delicious and compared to Poipu exceedingly affordable. In fact, I decided to order a calzone for breakfast (a pizza would not have fit in the refrigerator at the hotel). The calzone was great cold too. Everyone enjoyed their food. It was a great find for us!Special Features:
- HarryDined on 10/22/2014Food and service was great, laid back island atmosphere, 5 nights on Kauai found us there 2 nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LucyDined on 10/18/2014Delicious Italian food in an unexpected place, Kauai. Look forward to eating there again!Special Features:
- Great pastas....ChrisMVIPDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed our meal despite lower expectations given the touristy location. Friendly, fun staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome 1st visit, not so good 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2014First, is certainly nothing wrong with the food, as this was visit two in a week. Second, The poor service was our server alone. Our first visit the service was spot on. Polite, attentive, made recommendations, checked in on our meal, refilled our wine, and offered us a complementary dessert in honor of our honeymoon. As for visit two: Service was far from what I would consider even passible to be called "service". We saw him twice, no exaggeration. Once to take our order and then again with check. We sat most of our meal without drinks. He even walked by our table, but ignored us. Please do not shy away from this place due to what I can only assume is one bad server, but just to be safe, ask for Daniqua, she's fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food not to great..........Kelly926Dined on 9/17/2014The food here was nothing great. My husband had a chicken parm dish. It had pasta under the chicken. It looked like tomato soup on the pasta. It had so much liquid on the bottom. I had Ono the local fish with lemon and capers it was good but salty.
- SarahOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2014The staff and owner could not have been any nicer to my husband and myself. Somehow they figured out we were on our honeymoon and we received delicious gelato on the house! The pizza and spinach dip were delicious and cooked perfectly! We will be going back before we go home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal @ a even better priceSkegeeDined on 8/14/2014We always visit the island every other year and make it a point to eat @ Pizzetta. It was fantastic - the service, the meal, the ambiance. The kids really enjoyed the pizza. I wish they had draft beer vs bottled beer, but that's okay too! We also enjoyed an ice cream cone afterwards. Very delicious meal. Can't miss!!Special Features:
- Just OK regular crust pizzaWinerDinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014I was excited to try this restaurant. The pizza was a bit disappointing. It actually reminded me of a pizza chain type pizza. Now, I didn't try the thin crust pizza because our waiter suggested the regular crust, so perhaps the thin is better? Yes, I'm spoiled because I eat Chicago style pizza and this is why I reluctantly recommend Pizzeta's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hereMeichDined on 8/2/2014Spent a week in Kauai this was our only disappointment. Looked like a decent atmospheres but:server was not friendly, it took forever to get a pizza and it was horrible. We are not very picky as this is the first bad review we have ever written.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Pizzetta in Old Koloa Town reviews archive.
- top notch pizzaFancySauceVIPDined on 7/18/2014My family was on vacation in Kauai and we actually enjoyed Pizzeta and the Old Koloa town so much that we went twice! The pizza was my favorite- I'm a big fan of the super combo! They have a cool assortment of apps as well (Fried zucchini). Not to mention the restaurant itself has a very unique, local feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014we are going back again tonight!! Awesome vibe, great eats, friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzetta in Old KoloaRoseFamilyDined on 7/15/2014Excellent family restaurant for both lunch or dinner. My husband loves the pizza, children love the pasta, salads are also excellent. It also has several gluten free options.Special Features:
- GreatNikkiDined on 6/26/2014We always enjoy coming to this restaurant. The food is delicious and consistent. Fair price. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly. I love their spaghetti and meatballs are wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Excellent Tasting as a Foodie!ScrumptiousDined on 6/21/2014Fresh salad and tasty dresssing with great baked pizza to compliment with a cold Kona beer! Great enviornment! Plus, Gelato to finish off my taste buds just right! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyNikkiDined on 6/15/2014We have been here many times and it always good. The meatballs are excellent. I don't honk the pizza is as good as the rest of the food on the menu. It is very fair priced for the island. It is always on our list when we return to the islandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good choiceJohnM53Dined on 5/13/2014While appearance was good it all went down hill from there. Appetizer mix wasnt bad but rather small for price. Ordered variety of Dishes, which were ok. One of the pizzas we ordered was clearly not what we ordered, 12 inch not the 16 and wasn't even what we ordered. Appears they made it with all the incredients from both pizza orders. Second pizza was brought last seemingly a bit later than everything else. They made the correct pizza which at this point we did not really want and did not charge us for either pizza. Probably would never go back there.
- Waitress' bad nightLynnVIPDined on 4/3/2014It's hard to review a restaurant when all we did was wait: to order wine, to get wine (which was finally delivered by the bartender - our waitress was missing in action) and so on. The wine was really awful, the salads hadn't been delivered after a thirty minute wait, so we paid the bartender for the wine....and left. On our way out the front door, we saw our waitress coming in, and she cheerily asked if we had enjoyed our dinner. Well, no.
- Pizza delightCindyVIPDined on 3/26/2014We have been going to Pizetta for years. Their thin crust is great, they will let you split specialty pizzas so you can enjoy two different tastes without pizza overload. The staff is friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is a pizza joint although sitting on the back porch does make for a little different dining experience. Bon apetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TeeRoyDined on 3/16/2014Quality service, we ate Italian and lasagna was very good! Pizza looked great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingAB1615Dined on 3/11/2014Small restaurant with a few tables on a patio in the back. There was a small bar with 2 TVs so customers could watch sports. Menu had several choices to make most people happy. We had the Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti with meat sauce. Both entrees were tasty with enough food to fill you up. Quaint restaurant. Not fancy. Great place to come after a day at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzetta never failsShanYoVIPDined on 3/9/2014Some nights you just want to be casual and get a good pizza! This place never fails. Always a treat!. Family friendly, great service and good pricing. We go back every year!Special Features:
- Good food but felt rushedNSMomDined on 3/8/2014We had a good time and the food was quite good, especially the BBQ chicken pizza and the baked zucchini sticks. We were with kids and while we appreciate quick service with the kids we really got the feeling they were trying to rush us out as soon as the pizza was delivered. They tried to clear plates while people were still eating and brought us a box to take home the leftovers while we were still eating as well! Other than the uncomfortable feeling of being pushed out the service was reasonably attentive and the servers were generally quite friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulEyeguyDined on 2/20/2014Good carryout pizza but even better dine in. Enjoyed salads and pasta too. Only negative was no beer on tap, only bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun open air local spot inEvanVIPDined on 2/18/2014Fun open air local spot in Historic Koloa, a sugar plantation town. Pastas. Pizzas gelato and chickens, yupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what fun and satisfyingly yummybrysterDined on 2/17/2014Always a great place that is consistent and delicious/well prepared food. Gets busy so the noise ebbs and flows, all good. First time I made an online reservation, busy weekend and I arrived and was seated immediately with a large number of people waiting. NICE Always a must visit when on Kauai thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free pizzawattsup70Dined on 2/17/2014We came across Pizzetta one night after we had eaten and it smelled so good we were tempted to eat again. We went back the next night and it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outMauiFunTimeDined on 2/15/2014The food was good but the service was better. Great outdoor garden feel but protected from the elements. Live music from the bar was great. Not a "must" but definitely a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 2/9/2014Everything excellent: using open table we were seated immediately.. Server was very attentive. Service was very timely. Food was bountiful and taste. Appetizers, meal and dessert were superb. Excellent and thanks !!Special Features: