650 Anton Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzeriaortica.com/
- Phone: 7144454900
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch Monday - Friday from 11:30am - 2:00pm. From 2:00pm - 3:00pm a pizza only menu is offered. Open for dinner Monday - Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Justin Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Pizzeria Ortica offers the Garden Room for your private dining needs. Seating up to 30 guests, it offers a separate entrance and room for presentations. For large events, our entire restaurant seats 130 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Hotchkiss 7144454900
- Special Events: Pizzeria Ortica offers the Garden Room for your private dining needs. Seating up to 30 guests, it offers a separate entrance and room for presentations. For large events, our entire restaurant seats 130 guests.
- Cross Street: Park Center
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary 2-hour parking with validation in the parking structure directly behind the restaurant. Come enjoy dinner before the show and get free parking for both. Pizzeria Ortica is located directly in front of the OC Performing Arts Center on Anton Blvd.
A word from Pizzeria Ortica
Regional Italian featuring traditional Neapolitan pizza from a wood-burning oven and a seasonally inspired menu of antipasti, house-made pastas and extensive wine list featuring wines of California and Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzeria Ortica reviews from OpenTable diners
- I think the "interest level"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2013I think the "interest level" of the food has declined. The menu has some interesting appetizers (love the octopus!) but the main dishes now focus heavily on pizzas. They're OK, but not what they should be, or could be. The restaurant needs to up its game back to where it used to be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2013Consistently the best restaurant within walking distance of the the Performing Arts Center.Special Features:
- Tops for gourmet pizza inMarcoVIPDined on 4/26/2013Tops for gourmet pizza in Orange County. To be more specific-a better experience than Mozza.Special Features:
- Expensive but fastVerypleasedDined on 4/24/2013Great place for dining prior to catching a show at the theatre. Our waiter was fast in service to make sure we got out on time. Pizza is tasty but we felt its overpriced for the type of food and ambiance offered.Special Features:
- We loved the pizza, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013We loved the pizza, but very disappointed with the serving size of the dessert, especially for the price.
- Since they are no longer withHarryVIPDined on 4/20/2013Since they are no longer with Open Table, we will not be returning. Has always been marginally okay at best
- My dining partner and I wereRedSoxCarlosVIPDined on 4/18/2013My dining partner and I were both very satisfied with Pizzeria Ortica. Service was very good and the food was terrific.
- Pizzeria Ortica was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013Pizzeria Ortica was recommended by a friend. Our reservations were for 6 PM prior to a show at Segerstrom Theater and it was not crowded at that time. By 7 PM, it was much busier. They have a nice outdoor sidewalk patio for warmer weather. Our waitress was average. Busboy excellent. We had the meatball appetizer, which came with 2 small meatballs. They were just OK. All 3 persons in our party had pizza. They were gooey in the middle and we weren't thrilled with the choices of toppings. The biggest disappointment was the size of the "specialty" drink. $10 for an incredibly tiny so-so Bellini. Meal was just not worth $40 per person. Lots of other choices in the area.
- A perfect place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013A perfect place for dinner before a SCR play. The service, food and drinks were all quite good. The parking is easy, close and free with validation. We were able to split our salad, pizza and dessert and not be overly full sitting thru a play. Do not leave without tasting one of the recommended desserts. We had the Baba al Rhum, which was heavenly. Also, the Venetian Monk cocktail is delicious! Our waiter, Caleb, was very attentive and affable. All in all, a good night! I look forward to returning and trying other menu items. On a separate note, we had our holiday party in the private room at the South end of the restaurant and they were accommodating in every way. It is a great location for private events as they took very good care of usSpecial Features:
- Go for the pizza.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013This was our fourth trip to Pizzeria Ortica. It is very convenient for dining prior to attending a show at OCPAC, but it's also good standing alone. The wine list is very good, but we really go for the pizza. It is excellent. The crust is chewy and crisp and the toppings are delicious. It is a little noisy, but if you know that going in, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great ambience, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Great ambience, great food, great service. This place never disappoint me!Special Features:
- Excellent service. We hadPilotDonDined on 4/6/2013Excellent service. We had a cheese and olive pizza. The crust was burned and the olives too salty.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Outstanding experience in a long series of extremely good ones.Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Recommended to me by Chef Roy Choi of Chego, A-Frame and Kogi. The food was just incredible and staff was attentive and genuinely concerned with every detail of our experience. The environment was such that you could bring children or a group, but I think most perfect for a date. Everything is handcrafted and it shows. I can not say enough about Pizzeria Ortica. Bravo to Chef David Myers!Special Features:
- It was very nice, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013It was very nice, however, I would be' a bit more generous on starters portions and I would bring some warm bread and butter automatically to the table and not after asking. Believe it or not, Your Pizza is better than some Italian places in Italy and I am Italian from Venice. I will surely be back and please take it as a good critique just to improve what you already do well. RegardsSpecial Features:
- Best pizza in Costa MesaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013If you want a great, not good, but great slice of pizza, and don't mind forking out a few extra dollars for it, look no further than Pizzeria Ortica. Great food, great staff, cool atmosphere, and a good dining experience.Special Features:
- This was my third visit. PizzaDenmomDined on 3/29/2013This was my third visit. Pizza is delicious. The other food has been fair to good on all occasions. This time the waiter was not good so the experience was less than it has been previously. The waiter was incredibly energetic to the point of being annoying. 2 of the five of us decided to order the sea bass. It was when we ordered that he told us that they didn't have sea bass that night. He suggested the scallop special but neglected to tell them that it was an appetizer portion of 2 scallops. We were excited to bring friends here as we had enjoyed our previous visits. It was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- love this place! make sureOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2013love this place! make sure order the prosciutto pizza with an egg on top!Special Features:
- I eat there regularly on SCROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013I eat there regularly on SCR nights. I particularly like the first course items. My only complaint is the noise, lively does not describe it.Special Features:
- It's the perfect place toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2013It's the perfect place to go before going to the theater. The food is wonderful and so fresh. We had the salad with fresh greens, gorgonzola cheese, apples, and toasted walnuts. Then the pizza with the sausage, which they make their own and its fabulous. For dessert, the budino is out of this world, I can't even describe how delicious it is.Special Features:
- This was our 4th time to theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013This was our 4th time to the restaurant. Love the ambiance, menu etc. and that is why we come back. It was my son's 27th birthday, and he choose the spot. Before I could comment after the meal, he said he thought the quality had gone down a little, and I hate to say it, but I agree. The appetizers were just ok. Calamari too overcooked, and did not like the flavor of the lamb ciabiatti. The best of the 3 pizzas we had were the Proscuito. Desert killer. Also had the lamb pappadelle(?). I felt the portion was small. I would still go back, as I like the menu. But please make sure the consistency and quality maintain.Special Features:
- Pizza & Segerstrom Town CenterSAYWENNVIPDined on 3/10/2013I always go here before I go for a play in Costa Mesa at the Segerstrom Town Center. There menu is great, but I always hit the bar for the happy hour and hor dourves before sitting down to have one of their great pizzas. They always make sure you are out on time. They always have a good bartender...go early!Special Features:
- Pretentious and Over pricedNikkiDined on 3/7/2013Food and service was mediocre at best. Despite having a reservation, walk-ins were seated in advance of us. Other tables that were sat after us received their bread and their orders were taken in advance of us. When delays were addressed with staff, their response was pretentious. We split a pizza and pasta dish. The ravioli was tasty, but it did not make up for the cost; and the pizza I could have passed on all together. We only considered it as it is walking distance to the theatre (as we were going to see Wicked at Segerstrom's that evening), and they validate for parking to cover dinner and performance. All I can say is thank goodness for the parking; otherwise it would have been a complete and total bust.
- Pizza was served warm notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Pizza was served warm not hot and was only average.
- Very good pizza. Try theCdMlocalVIPDined on 3/1/2013Very good pizza. Try the chile oil (a must have). Eat at the bar - same food, same good service, bypass the somewhat pretentious front desk.
- We chose the pizzeria basedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2013We chose the pizzeria based on a friends recommendation and its proximity to Segerstrom Hall. We chose the $30 OC Restaurant week fixed menu. The portions seemed small for a pizzeria and left us wanting more. The cocktails seemed a bit mall (we had 1 Bellini and two glasses of wine). Our favorite part of the meal was the bread serve with the meatballs (meatballs were bland) and we loved the Tiramisu! We want to give the restaurant one more chance and try the pizza - which looked delicious and appeared to be a good portion for two to share (saw it on the adjacent table later in the meal). Our server was a bit cold at first interaction, but he warmed up and by the third course seemed very personable and engaging.
- Great location for concerts,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2013Great location for concerts, theatre and performances at the Segerstrom Performing Arts Center. No problem parking.Special Features:
- Only eat here occasionallythefoxDined on 2/26/2013Only eat here occasionally as I live 25 miles away but always a treat. Great pizza...wish they'd use a bit more mozzarella. Salad fantastic! Great buy for Restaurant Week! Attentive service.Special Features:
- Pizzeria Ortica has the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Pizzeria Ortica has the best pizza in the U.S. that I have had. Great crust and sauce/toppings, and all of the options are very well-conceived. The portion size on pizza is correct (not like Pizzeria Mozza where the pizza is good but ridiculously small and not enough for one person!) I highly recommend the polpo e patate as well. They need more organ meats on the menu, though. I would like very much to see them add crostini alla fiorentina.Special Features:
- Lots of good food options.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013Great place to hit before a show. Pizzas were good and Brussels Sprouts were great. Lots of menu choices. My girls loved the gnocchi. Service is friendly though the restaurant is oddly shaped (like a bowling alley) and it can get noisy.Special Features:
- The food was good-much improvedSusanVIPDined on 2/21/2013The food was good-much improved over when they first opened. It's fine-Special Features:
- consistently great food...perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2013consistently great food...perfect pre-theatre diningSpecial Features:
- Besides the pizza, the butternutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2013Besides the pizza, the butternut squash salad was devine and the carmel dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Solid thin crust, brick ovenOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/21/2013Solid thin crust, brick oven pizza -- the closest to classic "NY style" that I've had since being out here.Special Features:
- Although the waiter did informOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013Although the waiter did inform us that the portions were small and meant for sharing and tasting, we would have appreciated larger pasta plates. Overall, DELICIOUS, great service and cool/relaxed dining experience.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day dinner...7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2013Valentine's Day dinner...7:30 reservations...why run out of food and Limoncello for after dinner? Great place to be before going to the Arts Center with all the small plates!Special Features:
- I reviewed this restaurantWJMRVIPDined on 2/11/2013I reviewed this restaurant previously and noted that it was my new favorite restaurant. However, I read some other reviews that reported inconsistent food and overly salty dishes. On this recent visit, I was very disappointed. The kabocha squash was nearly inedible it was so salty (and I salt everything). The pizza was slightly burned, and just not as good. The salad was just not as tasty on prior visits. The staff was very accomodating and when we reported the overly salty food offered to remake the dish. We declined. The food was still good, just not as good as on prior visits.
- Service was ok but unusuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/9/2013Service was ok but unusually slow service for this place.
- Repeat Like A Broken RecordBeagle47VIPDined on 2/8/2013Been back once, been back twice, been gone too long. Nice Italian convenient to the Arts Center. We're repeats like a broken record. You should be too.Special Features:
- This is my new favorite restaurant.WJMRVIPDined on 2/6/2013This is my new favorite restaurant. I bought a Groupon and dined there. Loved it so much I've been back 2 more times in the same week. I'm addicted to the kubota squash salad, but everything is amazingly tasty.Special Features: