400 South Maple Ave.
Falls Church, VA 22046Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzeriaorso.com/
- Phone: 7032263460
- Hours of Operation:
Monday | Closed.
Tuesday - Thursday | 11:30am to 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday | 11:30am to 10:00pm
Sunday | 10:00am to 9:30pm
Brunch Sundays 10:00am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Will Artley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Sit at the Chef's Table when available. Take a cozy seat in front of the oven and watch the pizza cooking action up close and personal!
A word from Pizzeria Orso
Will Artley brings more than a decade of restaurant experience to his position as Executive Chef at Pizzeria Orso. Artley made his national television debut as a cheftestant on Food Network’s Chopped in November 2012, and since his arrival at Pizzeria Orso, has helped secure a spot as one of the top “50 Best Restaurants” in Northern Virginia by Northern Virginia Magazine in both 2012 and 2013. Additionally Pizzeria Orso has been honored with numerous accolades including Northern Virginia Magazine’s Best of NoVA 2013 for both Best Chef and Best Italian Restaurant, and Best Pizza in Falls Church News-Press’ Best of Falls Church 2013. Artley’s playful personality pairs well with his extensive culinary talents in presenting some of the most celebrated Neapolitan style pizza and inventive globally-inspired small plates available in the DC area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pizzeria Orso - Best Restaurants in Falls Church ›
Pizzeria Orso reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)kid-friendly (60)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (28)great for brunch (15)special occasion (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Best Pizza in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Great Pizza. Also, interesting and well thought out menu. Great appetizers: lentil and squash salad is one of my favorites. Really great sandwiches: tuna salad is one of my favorites. Beautifully decorated and comfortable seating. Also does gluten-free pizza crust if you call ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!AimeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was really good and reasonably priced. And you will have no problem getting a table (or parking for that matter) on a Sunday morning! Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret SurpriseCookBottlewasherDined on 8/22/2014This place really exceeds expectations. Artley's food is right up my alley. The pizza's are the best in the WDC area but I usually take with because we want to eat the rest of the menu! I try to stay away from prime kid time. Warning! Lots of kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzariea ExratordinaireOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Innovative menu, modern ambience with old world charmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vafoodieDined on 8/17/2014Pizza was excellent according to my husband and there were lots of other interesting and different options unexpected for a pizza place. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very knowledgeable about the food and drinks in the restaurant. My only complaint was that I would have liked more gluton free options and I did not feel like they have given much consderation for this on their menu.however, we were there for brunch during restaurant week and they did not have all their normal options available. We will definately be back to try some other thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDinerfromDelRayDined on 8/16/2014Every time I dine here I leave stuffed and happy! The food is fantastic and the service has improved to the point that it matches the cuisine!Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014The pizza was amazing and we loved the brussel chips. We enjoyed the atmosphere and had a great overall experience! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza, amazing pastaluv2dinewthuVIPDined on 8/14/2014I visited Pizzaria Orso during restaurant week and enjoyed their very generous lunch special menu: an appetizer selection (literally could choose from half the menu, including small portions of their pasta dishes) a pizza and a beverage. Everything we had was delicious. I was specifically blown away by the BLT gnocchi, which was made in house and probably among the best gnocchi I've ever tasted. I look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Best Deal in The AreaWDC1VIPDined on 8/13/2014Pizzeria Orso offers the best family meal deal in the DC Area. Their appetizers are fresh and not in the usual category. Their pizza selections are superb. And best of all their prices, especially at lunch are amazing. If your in the mood for pizza preceded by fun appetizers, Pizzeria Orso should be your choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Delicious food!! Great pizza and calamari and brownie with vanilla gelato! Waiter could have been a little more attentive. My table and table behind me had to frequently signal for SOMEONE/ANYONE for drinks, refills, napkins, extra sauce, etc. Outside of our waiter's service which I think was not representative of the overall service of the restaurant, the food and ambience was wonderful and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast PizzablueboybobDined on 8/10/2014The waffle was surprisingly good for a pizza place. Also, the sticky bun was so soft it was crazy. But the best part was the breakfast pizza. Who would think maple syrup on a pizza would be good, but it is. Try it out.Special Features:
- Great somewhat hidden gemCareInnDined on 8/3/2014In the city of Falls Church, you don't have a ton of options. This is a great place that has so much more than good pizza. My first time going for brunch which was good but the normal lunch and dinner menu are far more delicious!!Special Features:
- Love the food hereTracyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been here numerous times and are always happy with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome OrsoCandBDined on 8/1/2014This place never lets us down. We took friends who were visiting from Kosovo here. They were delighted with the food and our waiter was wonderful!! All of the shared plates are delicious!!Special Features:
- Family friendly but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2014A great place for families, but there is no changing station in the women's restroom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expected.onegDined on 7/26/2014Maybe this is my fault for going there with high expectations after reading about it on thrillist.com. Apparently this made their top 12 restaurants in DC suburbs. I clearly think this is not the case. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything very wrong with this place, but at the same time nothing stands out. Décor is dull, service is fair, and the food is plain. When I say plain I really mean it. Their pizza dough is ok, but the taste is clearly not there. Also, whatever you do don't order the octopus. So bottom line, I could see going back there if I lived in the neighborhood and/or I had kids, but I don't so I won't go back again.Special Features:
- Great in almost every wayTenabetsyDined on 7/25/2014Wayyyyyyy too noisy! Loved the creative menu,mwith a myriad of choices. Healthy options along with the others. Our waitress was a gem. The notice was an issue for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We saw a documentary on WETA on Washington DC's best pizzas, and so we found you. Excellent pizza!! We will be back.Special Features:
- We will Go Back for SureLovetheIslandsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Not the easiest place to find, but we went around 3pm on a weekend and were pretty much the only people there. The wood fired cauliflower was amazing, I am already craving the Fun Guy Pizza again. If you have kids expecting a standard frozen pepperoni pizza you may have issues, they use real cheese that has a flavor to it and it has a different consistency. I think this is a good think, but I see how some kids may not like it.Special Features:
- Great and Unusual PizzasExcitingpizzacombosDined on 7/11/2014This is a family friendly pizza restaurant. Interesting combinations. They will build you anything you want. There is parking under the building so don't think you need to sit on the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Was there a few weeks ago and went again tonight. Great food, dessert.....wine, apps, and service. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMp58Dined on 7/2/2014A pizza was missing an add-on ingredient so the chef made an additional pizza to go home with us! An unnecessary gesture but greatly appreciated! Great good and service! Will most definitely go back! Lived up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Informal but authentic pizzaLBT123Dined on 7/2/2014Not a fancy place, but clean, spacious. Very good pizza, excellent service, I wish I had asked the server his name so I could give him credit! Made some good recommendations, which we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keep as isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I hope you keep your menu as is and overall ambience. If you try to cater to each and every person out there, you'll loose what you got going. I wish you continued success. My family and I really enjoy your food, service and ambience. Also, I'm very glad that you are 5 minutes away from our home :-) best regards, Mona p.s. maybe- only introduce couple of pizza and pasta dishes that are gluten free for many sensitive people out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of the best in NOVAmexstormDined on 6/28/2014To be fair, I am a pizza snob. I make my own pizza using Kettle Pizza and I am willing to travel to find truly good pizza. Pizzeria Orso is a strong #3 in the area, behind Pupatella and Two Amy's. They have a great wood fire pizza and they got the crust absolutely perfect with just the right amount of char. We ordered two pizzas, one of course was their DOC to see how they compare with the other DOC pizzas in the area. While their pizza was very good, it is #3 on the list as I mentioned. However, Orzo does come in WAY ahead of the others in terms of their other offerings. They have a great beer list, tons of good sides and awesome desserts. We also loved eating outside and the restaurant is not nearly as cramped as the other two.Special Features:
- GoodRoweDined on 6/27/2014Our pizzas were excellent...three different kinds and all to our liking. The person who made our experience SO nice was our waiter, John. He was friendly and accommodating and flexible, making it a thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Never againcprin6VIPDined on 6/22/2014A group of friends and I went for brunch - we truly did not have a good experience. Our waiter was completely unattentive and did not know the menu. The place was quite empty. It lacked ambiance or even a clear design. The food was so greasy it was almost inedible.
- .. great pizzasRussVIPDined on 6/14/2014Noisy restaurant.. service spotty.. but great pizzas.. its worth the annoyance to get their pizzas!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceTrishDined on 6/13/2014We've been going to Pizzeria Orzo for years. The food is consistently good and the service is always friendly. A small, but notable beer list including both local and import craft brews. The highlight is the stone fired pizzas. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the crustOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014Not the world's best pizza, but pretty well up there in the rankings. The crust has a great flavor and texture. Calamari appetizer was light and tender, but I didn't care for the aoili sauce; marinara next time, not just for the calamari but also for dipping the pizza crust. We had the multi-meat pizza and enjoyed it thoroughly. My only complaint: I wish this place were closer to where I live!Special Features:
- DogwoodVIPDined on 6/5/2014Novice server made several mistakes including charging credit card twice. Pizza still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaMichael818VIPDined on 5/31/2014As always, to me the pizza is the reason to visit. The dough is chewy with just a touch of sourdough flavor. The toppings are fresh and abundant. Service can be spotty and the prices are a little high on appetizers and desserts (latte too). All in all, a good high-end pizza like you get in Italy.Special Features:
- Great spot to go before the showLewPDined on 5/25/2014Great spot to go before (or after) shows at the Creative Cauldron. Good food and drink! Show them your ticket or program and get a nice discount as well.Special Features:
- pizza too?sparker1077VIPDined on 5/15/2014So delicious, and the awesome pizza is only part of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mealtysons4VIPDined on 5/4/2014Back to Orso after a while and new options coupled with standards made for a great meal.Special Features:
- The following 133 reviews are from the Pizzeria Orso reviews archive.
- aurbonDined on 4/27/2014The best brick-over pizza anywhere, but so much more than "just a pizzeria". Small plate offerings are phenomenal! Lamb bacon sliders, Brussel chips, wild boar agnolotti, not to be missed!Special Features:
- Great PizzaMichael818VIPDined on 4/27/2014I love the pizza at this place. The crust is chewy and just has a slight flavor of sourdough. The toppings are fresh and well thought out. The wines pour by the glass is a bit skimpy for the price.Special Features:
- Easter lunchRLSKSUDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter lunch. The pizza was fantastic!! We also had the sweet rolls with bacon.. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always great!!PatSVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is our favorite spot for a nice meal, perfect beer, and conversation, only problem is that its popularity means it is always full. While I see many couples here, I would not call it romantic. It is a place for the family, to pull up an extra chair and enjoy a great salad or your favorite pizza cooked to order, to try one of the chef's specials with a glass of fine red. Everything from the kitchen and bar is perfect. Even our pickiest eaters, everything on the side, substitutions, etc, always receive it right. We will continue to go back.Special Features:
- Not exciting as newspaper reviewFoodieVIPDined on 4/9/2014Fairly good and everything written up in the paper such as brussel sprout chips and gnocchi were fantastic. The rest was decent but not amazing.