641 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: (323) 297-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from Noon to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Mozza
Pizzeria Mozza is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Open noon to midnight, seven days a week, Pizzeria Mozza is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines at $50 and under, but don't forget about the ample offering of antipasti, salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Pizzeria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Pizzeria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
362 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (250)hot spot (156)neighborhood gem (132)great for lunch (113)special occasion (90)notable wine list (81)good for groups (75)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (39)kid-friendly (35)romantic (26)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- AMAZING!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014From the salad to dessert! The food is incredible. Fresh, flavorful and utterly delicious! The squash blossom pizza is heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza at a costMaryamVIPDined on 11/21/2014The pizza is SO great here. Loved the calamari as well, prepared in the oven not fried, bonus! Mussels disappointing, small and sauce too heavy. This place gets expensive fast. Stick to the pizzas, it will make the trip worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotesfromachairDined on 11/18/2014Great food with a slight twist. Always wonderfully fresh and original - yet also dependable favorites. I never imagined loving a clam pizza - who knew?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattDined on 11/16/2014Yummy pizza, expensive by the glass wine list and fabulous pumpkin gelato pie with rum raisin sauce and candied pecans. Not a very friendly server. Great busboys! Very very crowded on a Sunay afternoon at 4:00!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't come backFoodieDined on 11/14/2014After reading reviews of this place and seeing that it's always busy. I figured it would be a a great place to have dinner. I'll make it short and simple: food was not too quality, everything from the appetizers to the pizzas tasted like very bland and dry microwaveable food. Not what I would expect from a restaurant like this. And portions were ridiculously small. So I asssume ok tiny but delicious. I was greatly mistaken. The ambiance was another downside. It was incredibly loud that you couldn't hear the person next you. Now considering we are sitting shoulder to shoulder with other people from other parties and the experience just became unbearable. Would not come back here again. Not what is expected from a classy restaurant.Special Features:
- Odd pacing of serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Mozza (both Pizzeria and Osteria) are well oiled machines at this point but I couldn't help but feel rushed in regards to the coursing, pacing and service. We ordered salads, small plates, bruschetta, pizza and a bottle of wine for three. The bruschetta was served first, then everything else came out at virtually the same time... It was early on a Friday evening, perhaps the lack of other patrons had something to do with the timing. I am weary of sounding like Im nitpicking here but it was uncomfortable and noticed by my dining companions. The goal of any successful restaurant is to turn tables but perhaps make it less apparent, especially when people are dropping $200 on pizza. The food was good, server was helpful but don't think I'll return soon for this reason.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014This has become an annual favorite for adult twin daughters birthday. Quality is unbeatable. Not cheap but worth it. Very authentic pizza with a gourmet twist and well worth it. Must have reservations well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Superb Service Superb HOWEVER ...MJLMDined on 11/10/2014Food first class as is the service. Waiter Kyle K. and sommelier were attentive querying the kitchen on hidden ingredients in several dishes. I am extremely tolerant of restaurants's policies on reservation, HOWEVER, a reservation here means standing in the corner waiting awkwardly for a member of your party to arrive - stuck in LA traffic for a few minutes. Yet celebrity arrives and is seated at a 6 top and guests don't arrive for 30 minutes that just reeks of Chi Chi. Why can't my party of 3 sit too? And to be told my reserved table would have to be relinquished in 45 minutes, or I could take a table in the back . Classless! Third time this has happened; three strikes your out. It's pizza! As good spots that treat all with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okluv2eatDined on 11/10/2014Considering all the hype expected more. Would come back if I was in the neighborhood but would not make a special trip (it took me 45 minutes and there was no valet).Special Features:
- LOVED IT!famfaveDined on 11/9/2014We go to this restaurant for our family's birthdays so we have been there several times. Now our youngest (who is a picky eater ) has requested It for his birthday in two weeks and he told me he wants to have the exact meal we had on Sunday. It's always delicious and sometimes educational for my husband who is a foodie. He learns new menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vera Pizza Napolitana!TomJohDined on 11/9/2014Silverton's casual place shares some of its menu with the adjacent, more formal Osteria (e.g., the white bean purees with saba on crostini, a fabulous appetizer), but diverges in the area of pizza. This is where you get real Naples pizza, with the thin, puffy, charred crust and the just-cooked toppings. Interesting, very authentic combinations, some vegetarian, some decidedly not, none of that tomato goop and pepperoni stuff that strip mall places put out. Everything looks so good you will definitely order too much food, and when it comes it will be so good you will eat more than you should. Plan on taking some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingwebpalDined on 11/6/2014I would give it five, though, the $60 white truffle pizza we came for was extremely dull and had no real truffle taste or smell. Everything else was fantastic. The pizza itself is second to none. It's crust is heavenly. The appetizers - delicious. The service - spectacular! And since we mentioned the truffle wasn't to our liking, they brought another one. That's spectacular service. The second pizza was slightly better, however, the truffle was just not we know it should be. Maybe they had a bad batch.. not sure, however, I'd highly recommend the place, just not the truffle pizza.Special Features:
- Good food -- Getting overcrowdedFateoptionalVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food here is always good. Unfortunately the restaurant is taking to cramming four people into spaces for just two-tops sometimes, in order to get more people in and out. It can make a dining experience a little too shoulder-to-shoulder.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014This is a very tight fit, tables are right next to each other so dont expect alot of elbow room. Food= awesome! Great pizzas but you have to ask the server about what the menu actually says, or google it on your phone.Special Features:
- Amazing ChoicesVsNiteOutDined on 11/4/2014There were so many amazing choices on the menu. Loved the butternut squash with brown butter and sage as an appetizer, followed by a delicious salad with a lemon vinaigrette. Our pizza choice was leek, garlic and bacon. Finished with a seasonal pumpkin dessert. Two of us split each of these items, and it was a full meal for both of us. Staff was excellent. I would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding pizzaCassi08VIPDined on 11/3/2014Outstanding pizza! Burrata cheese appetizer was so yummy. Nick, our waiter, who is usually behind the bar was extremely informative. He really knew all aspects of the food and wine available. And the history of the restaurant as well. The place is hopping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatballsLovetoeatDined on 11/3/2014So I always order the meatballs. Always!! But truth be told...they are inconsistent. Never bad but some times better or spicier than others. I would love if they were the same each time with the right amount of kick, otherwise, love this place, for reals.Special Features:
- Nice enoughWeezyDined on 11/2/2014May have been our choices, but we weren't blown away by the pizza (Napolitano) not the dessert (budino). The side carrots were delicious, way beyond expectation, and the tricolore salad was also delish. We almost always order wine but the by-the-glass prices were a little ridiculous. Suppose they have to keep up appearances but...there's not even a $10-12 glass of red on offer. We had reservations for a couple of weeks but only had option of bar seating or side-by-side squished bench seating next to another group. Worked for us but might have been a downer for another couple. Clearly nothing had been held. And we ate early - 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoring the MemoryMartaVIPDined on 10/29/2014Our group of 8 trickled in over 20 minutes, fazing none of the servers. In the meantime we enjoyed squash blossoms and wine, and poured over our menu choices. Our salads and pizzas were all amazing. I keep pondering the memory of that crust... How does NS do it? The edges are certainly a treat of bread, you think, but then they crumble into wonderfully crisp lightness. Wow! No one can compare. And of course, budino and coppettas all around to finish. An occasion to remember!Special Features:
- Great FoodDbrookmaVIPDined on 10/28/2014Loved the food, just cant stand being packed into a place like sardines. Just not my personal favorite. Dinner was 45 minutes from start to finish even though we were told the pizza's would take a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burnt and out coldNYEFAILDined on 10/26/2014pizza was burnt, completely overdone and below their standards. normally great food and service just make sure to get there early in the night and don't let them seat you at the bar.
- Wow, disappointingKariWDined on 10/26/2014Knew this would be just a pizza joint (if somewhat upscale) but boy was I disappointed. Had 3 nights in LA w/ my 8 year old & figured this would be the biggest hit for her. She left saying "the water was the best thing there." For me, wine was the best thing. Starters: fried cauliflower & zucchini blossoms. 1st boring, 2nd both boring & overly nutmegged. She went with an arugula salad (loves this at home), and I got a pizza with Gorgonzola, raddicchio, and rosemary potatoes, figuring we'd share. She thought the salad was fairly dull, and I found the pizza had way too much rosemary - it was uneatable. Half of this was left; all but two bites of the cauliflower was left. No mention made by the wait staff of this. I'd warn anyone away.Special Features:
- Truffle Season!GrubLvrDined on 10/25/2014My family and I have been enjoying this restaurant since it opened! Never a dull moment, always brilliant and delicious! The service here is remarkable! The White truffle pizza was mind-blowing and you should have it soon before it goes away. Our dinner was: White truffle pizza, squash blossoms, calamari, tricolore salad, Salumi salame pizza, Bianca pizza, Mortadella Panini, Budino, Caramel Coppetta, Coconut gelato & a macchiato to top it off! Make a reservation and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaPatreceDined on 10/25/2014Second time visiting, service was much better, but not 100%. Waited for a little while and had to flag down waitress for dessert order. Still at little pricey, would come again..Special Features:
- trendy lunch spotGastronomegalVIPDined on 10/24/2014Busy, trendy, yummy food, fabulous gourmet pizzas....crust to die for. Interesting menu. Good service. I had the Brussel sprouts and "bacon bread crumbs" app. Hubby had meatballs app. Was warned by server that Brussel sprouts were very vinegary - they were. Too much for me, I only had a few. Hubby liked meatballs. Pizzas were great. I had prosciutto and arugula and he had margharita. Not a place to linger, too busy and the tables are very close. No private conversations here....but fun, tasty food, and good service.Special Features:
- Best ever pizzaDelsreviewsDined on 10/22/2014Really great but different pizzas majority without tomatoes this realy is top quality had choke. Wings to start spicy but good enough for two then pizza with salami very good indeed this is realy good wish they had a branch in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetgoddess1gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 10/22/2014A must go to when in LA ! Reservations a must along with any flavor of gelato ! My favorite salad is the Caprese with the creamiest burrata cheese. Any pizza is fabulous, a bottle of wine and you are HAPPY !Special Features:
- SO GOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014You can't go wrong here! Everything is delicious, and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beCheetahjabDined on 10/22/2014its supose to have fantastic pizza. At best it was average , despite the epic wood burning oven. The pizza was only they felt you should have it, so options where nonexistent. What we had was ok. Honestly I wouldn't go back ridiculous valley parking that was both expensive and obnoxiously slow. Don't see why this is a hot spot at allSpecial Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Food and service was good... Valet was a bit of hassle but otherwise the experience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTakeaplateDined on 10/17/201412 noon-Our party of 3 rrived for noon reservation and was seated. 12:10-Drinks arrived promptly after ordering. 12:20-Salads arrived promptly after ordering. 1:35-Pizzas arrived 80 minutes after ordering. No explanation from the friendly but illusive server. ("Energetic" is a euphemism for "must strain to hear dining companions") (Specific recommendation does not actually apply but is required to submit review)Special Features:
- High Noise level But Good food, FunRobWDined on 10/15/2014We've been here often, and the salads are some of the best we've had, particularly the Tricolore and Nancy's chopped salad. Even sitting at the bar Counter is fun, if restaurant is too busy to get a table. Service is good, and waiters helpful with menu of unfamiliar things. Some Pizza's were better than others, based on your taste but crust was excellent. Noise level in evening was such that we could not here each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite LA pizza places!yupitsmeDined on 10/13/2014I am very picky about my pizza and one of my missions was to find a good place in LA (I am from San Diego and often travel to LA for museums and to watch my sister's shows at the Groundlings). This second time here, we had a large entourage and we chose to eat early and get out in time to catch a show, so I made sure we had reservation. Be warned: they are really tightassed about making sure all of your party are present, even if you buy order enough food for everyone. he tells us after we were seated that we "had to be out of there by 6:45". There were plenty of tables btw. we had a reservation, some people did not and they got seated. On the plus side, ALL the pizzas are good. could have done without the rudeness.Special Features:
- Top notch pizza place!foodcatDined on 10/13/2014Get nancy's chopped salad.... It is to die for and it's more than large enough for two people. The meat lovers pizza is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MenuWannabeChefLauraDined on 10/11/2014The service was great and the waitstaff very attentive. We ordered the Bone Marrow appetizer and the Ricotta-Stuffed Squash Blossoms to start. Both were outstanding in preparation and taste. My 24 yr old son ordered the pizza Bianca and I had the Goat Cheese, Leek, Scallion, Bacon, and Roasted Garlic Pizza. Both were tasty with thin, crispy crust and cooked to perfection. Banana and Peanut Butter Gelato completed my son's meal, while I enjoyed the creamy Butterscotch Budino with Pine Nut/Rosemary cookies. My only complaint here is I wish mine was bigger, as it was so delicious it was all I could do to refrain from licking the glass it was served in. Overall a very satisfying experience and I can't wait to go back! Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill?notnormallyareviewerDined on 10/8/2014I've been to Pizzeria Mozza a number of times over the years and was quite disappointed with the food this time around. The squash blossoms and desserts are still perfect, but the pizzas were just kinda of average. And the salad was blah. Expected more.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This place was an ultimate bust. Worst service ever! Food was no good. Again I can't mention enough how bad the service was. Waitress had no personality. At one point I thought I might have to order my food myself with the cashier. DONT GO!
- RestoredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Simply put, dining at Pizzeria Mozza was exquisite. A sweet closure to a rough week. We were treated like royalty. The service was top notch and the food was better than I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendkingcronVIPDined on 10/1/2014I tried Pizzeria Mozza on a recommendation from a colleague of mine. He praised the restaurant's food and ambiance as a perfect date spot and it did not disappoint. I highly recommend the Caprese Salad to start and the Butterscotch dessert to finish.Special Features:
- Get your carbs on!KeepitcleanDined on 9/29/2014Fabulous pizzas, salads, veggie sides. They won't seat you until your whole party is there, so don't expect to linger at a table waiting for your date. Everything was delicious and the service is top notch. Crazy good desserts.Special Features: