641 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from Noon to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Mozza
Pizzeria Mozza is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Open noon to midnight, seven days a week, Pizzeria Mozza is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines at $50 and under, but don't forget about the ample offering of antipasti, salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Pizzeria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Pizzeria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (260)hot spot (163)neighborhood gem (143)great for lunch (136)special occasion (86)notable wine list (79)good for groups (72)kid-friendly (46)late-night find (41)vibrant bar scene (39)great for brunch (32)romantic (22)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014not perfect but damn good. a little steamy on a hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the selection of pizzas that incorporated locally grown tomatoes. We devoured the Napolitano and would go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always seems overratedAlohaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Seating is way too tight. I felt like the guy at the next table was on my lap. Food is okay. I have yet to have an incredible dish. Pizza crust felt bland. Speck was good. Chopped salad was kind of bland as well. The menu has the appearance of a foodie type place, but I have not found the food to be exceptional. And $9 for a 12 ounce draft beer seems steep, even for LA.Special Features:
- LisaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food and service were outstanding. Our only complaints were the noise level and the closeness of the tables. Absolutely no privacy.Special Features:
- Best pizza ever!!laikaDined on 9/6/2014A truly wonderful crust makes the pizza and MOZZA's hits the top of the charts. Other items on the menu are outstanding and make for a well-rounded dining experience. Will definitely return to what has become my favorite pizza joint in LA.Special Features:
- Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014yummy pizza. seated immediately. lovely service. wine is expensive.Special Features:
- Love Mozza!RobbymodeDined on 9/5/2014Everyone is always so kind and welcoming when my wife and I attend. It is a Los Angeles Gem! Great food great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Great place. Amazing food. A bit loud though, but definitely part of the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar as alwaysGraybabyDined on 9/5/2014After eating a Pizzeria Mozza dozens of times, it's fantastic to see that they've sustained both the quality of their food and the quality of their overall vibe since opening years back. Calling their pizza "pizza" is a disservice, lumping it in with all the mediocre pizza that can be found across Los Angeles, as this is truly something beyond that. Additionally, all the starters that we tried were both novel and spectacular (tuna in peppers was great, same for the meatballs. Simply put: if you haven't been yet, make a reservation and go to Mozza ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaCJTripsDined on 9/2/2014This is a must for anyone who loves pizza! The service was great and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squash blossoms and amazing pizzaEatingInLADined on 9/2/2014Went with 3 friends and we got the tricolore salad-incredible, squash blossoms-unique cheesy goodness, and 2 pizzas- my favorite was the one w a fried egg, Yukon potatoes, and bacon. Dessert: get the butterscotch budino, you will not be disappointed. They are also one of the only restaurants around that is actually acknowledging the droughtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Squash blossom, burrata pizza!KrisDined on 9/2/2014The highlight of my recent dining experience was the beautiful and tasty squash blossom, burrata, and tomato pizza. The second highlight was the cab franc, cab sauv blend vino. Delicious! The shrimp and melon appetizer with chili sauce was great - the shrimp was just outstanding. We also had the lettuce cups, which were good. There was too much sauce on them, however. The service was terrific. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Awesome Spot - Weird Service issueeurythmicsssDined on 9/1/2014I have eaten here at least 6-8 times in the past with no issues and LOVE the food and especially the dessert - Mozza has the best dessert in LA. I took my girlfriend here Monday night to grab some food and everything was fine, until we got our pizza and finished, ready to make the transition to dessert. We were out of wine, out of water, and out of food - save two pieces of pizza we pushed to the side. We stacked our plates...waited 5 minutes. Waited 5 more. Our waitress abandoned the table and completely forgot about us. She disappeared from the restaurant for 10-15 minutes. Eventually one of the guys from the kitchen came over and got us dessert menus, cleared the table, got us some water. We got our dessert but it was a bummer for sure.
- An absolute gem.tastebuddyDined on 8/30/2014Mozza Pizzeria has become my new favorite restaurant to take LA newcomers. I could probably dine here five nights a week and never get tired of it. Only problem is deciding what to choose. Disneyland for taste buds! And quite reasonably priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE LA RESTAURANTAndyHDined on 8/30/2014PIZZERIA MOZZA is my favorite restaurant!!! Amazing food every time matched with the best Italian wines! Love the staff too!!! I feel content the second I walk inside and leave feeling even more so!Special Features:
- Excellent , but the noiseceh2VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was terrific as was the service but be warned. The tables are so close together that it is really communal dining and the noise is deafening. And don't be shocked by the $10 valet charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever pizzaRTfromLondonDined on 8/28/2014Pizzas were amazing - the best ever in fact. Starters were pretty good too. The waitress was so condescending though it was rather irritatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of LA's Bestdnb11Dined on 8/28/2014Consistantly great. Never had a dish here that wasn't first-rate. Fun destination for both romance and families. Haven't tried their take-out place yet but looking forward to doing so. Tough to get a reservation for prime time. Book well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Terrific food. Very trendy. Tables a little too close togetherSpecial Features:
- YanaVIPDined on 8/27/2014Simple but nice. I really enjoyed my lunch at pizzeria Mozza! Highly recommend cauiliflowers, and pumpkin blossom pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every single time impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the most reliable, consistent, awe inspiring restaurant in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AussieeaterAussieeaterDined on 8/26/2014Love this place. Took the misses there for our 35th, sat at the bar (which we requested as this is our favorite spot to sit) and watched them make the most delicious pizzas in town. Asked for a light dry red and they recommended an excellent drop that was at a very reasonable price. Cauliflower Fritti and Crispy duck leg as appetizers - both delicious. Tricolor Salad followed - not as good as previous times -wrong time of year for ingredients perhaps. Then the speck and believe it or not pineapple - very thinly sliced - pizza. Memories of the old country. Chocolate tartuffo for dessert.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingrsbondDined on 8/26/2014From the first day Pizzeria Mozza opened, year after year the restaurant continues to offer some of the best food and service in Los Angeles which is saying a lot. Everything is near perfect if you can handle the noisy chatter. The Butterscotch Budino is the best dessert in the City. It is worth the trip just for dessert.Special Features:
- Salad is Terrible; Dessert GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014I ordered the chopped salad. It was so filled with radiccio that it was completely inedible. The bitterness was overwhelming, and while there were supposed to be other incredients in the salad (beans, peppercinis, tomatoes, etc) there were so few it was absurd. When they came to take away my salad, they even failed to notice I had barely touched it and did not ask if it had tasted okay. One of the other people with me felt the same about her salad as well, and also was not asked when the wait staff cleared an almost full plate from in front of her. Ridiculous for a $16 salad: it should be good and if the patron clearly didn't eat it, a good restaurant that cared would ask why. The butterscotch pudding, however, was amazing.
- The BestRONUNESVIPDined on 8/24/2014The best! Amazing service and amazing food ( more than justpizzas). Great wine list Friendly and a very trendy place. Pizza Mozza it’s how a restaurant should be in Hollywood: a great food and vibe, you can even spot some movie stars, butit’not pretentious. 5 StarsSpecial Features:
- somewhat disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014The appetizers and salad were excellent. The Pizza was disappointing. The prosciutto on the pizza was overwhelming resulting in a totally unbalanced pizza.
- Food and service were great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Main restaurant and bar were extremely noisy. We were in the wine room where noise level was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodyfunDined on 8/24/2014Delicious, loved the variety of pizzas. Good wine as well. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrMMVIPDined on 8/23/2014Just OK food, not worth going anymore - bad attitude and rushed impersonal service
- For unorganized large groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014It was my birthday dinner, I had a large group and the restaurant wasn't able to seat 14 people. So I tried to cheat the system by reserving 2 reservations 15 minutes apart. Everyone was running late and they wouldn't seat us until the whole party arrived which is understandable. We decided to have drinks at the bar while we waited but the bar was more suited for dinning. So we were drinking wine and standing in the way of the staff. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating except for the lady at the front. She appear angry at us but perhaps she was having a bad night. No complaints for the food, the pizza was delicious and I enjoyed the wine. For an unorganized and loud group the restaurant did good.Special Features:
- A delightful dinnerNancyVIPDined on 8/21/2014The waitstaff was helpful, the pizza was amazing, the salad crisp and fresh, and dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better the second time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Loved it. Took our very helpful waiter's recommendations, and every single thing that came out of the kitchen was perfect. We took a group of visitors from the UK, they couldn't stop raving about the food. The burrata appetizer was heavenly, especially accompanied by that garlic bread (oh my).. The pizzas were perfect. I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but it was fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and CrowdedMisterEatsDined on 8/19/2014I had to choose "Energetic" on the Noise level because ear drum-splitting was not an option. Easily the loudest, most crowded dining experience in my life. Good enough pizza but...it's just pizza for cryin' out loud!Special Features:
- Great food!Toni310Dined on 8/18/2014The meat-lovers pizza was amazing. The fennelseed sausage melt in your mouth. I highly recommend the banana gelato pie! We cleaned the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffMidtwnerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Snooty and so loud even the servers can't hear you. Appetizers great but they then brought wrong pizzas and we couldn't find server to change it. After 10 minutes just ate wrong order and the pepperoni was so spicy I couldn't eat it. Fennel sausage was good. Service stinks and people were very rude. Overpriced for what it is - paying for hype it doesn't deserve
- Awesome FoodfoodieonabudgetVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my second time there and I hadn't been there for 3 years. It was as good as the first time. The only thing I would suggest is go with a larger party so you can sample more of the good eats. It was just me and my boyfriend and I wanted to try so many things.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, favorite was the squash blossom pizza, followed by the caprese salad. We will definitely come back sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!Vk91356Dined on 8/17/2014Love the pizza, love the crust. And watching the expert pizza team at the bar is one of my favorite food things to do.Special Features:
- Way too loud!formerlawomanDined on 8/17/2014Food was good, the service was adequate but the noise level was very high. Fun place but not great for conversation.
- Love all the pizza!iluvfoodDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time going to Pizzeria Mozza and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time. I think it's definitely better going with a group of people so we can try several different pizzas, which is what we did. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.