641 N. Highland Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mozza-la.com/
- Phone: 3232970100x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily from Noon to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Mozza
Pizzeria Mozza is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Open noon to midnight, seven days a week, Pizzeria Mozza is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of 50 Italian wines at $50 and under, but don't forget about the ample offering of antipasti, salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Pizzeria Mozza - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Pizzeria Mozza reviews from OpenTable diners
376 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (247)hot spot (155)neighborhood gem (137)great for lunch (127)special occasion (80)notable wine list (80)good for groups (78)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (40)kid-friendly (36)romantic (25)great for brunch (20)Show More
- Great FoodDbrookmaVIPDined on 10/28/2014Loved the food, just cant stand being packed into a place like sardines. Just not my personal favorite. Dinner was 45 minutes from start to finish even though we were told the pizza's would take a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burnt and out coldNYEFAILDined on 10/26/2014pizza was burnt, completely overdone and below their standards. normally great food and service just make sure to get there early in the night and don't let them seat you at the bar.
- Wow, disappointingKariWDined on 10/26/2014Knew this would be just a pizza joint (if somewhat upscale) but boy was I disappointed. Had 3 nights in LA w/ my 8 year old & figured this would be the biggest hit for her. She left saying "the water was the best thing there." For me, wine was the best thing. Starters: fried cauliflower & zucchini blossoms. 1st boring, 2nd both boring & overly nutmegged. She went with an arugula salad (loves this at home), and I got a pizza with Gorgonzola, raddicchio, and rosemary potatoes, figuring we'd share. She thought the salad was fairly dull, and I found the pizza had way too much rosemary - it was uneatable. Half of this was left; all but two bites of the cauliflower was left. No mention made by the wait staff of this. I'd warn anyone away.Special Features:
- Truffle Season!GrubLvrDined on 10/25/2014My family and I have been enjoying this restaurant since it opened! Never a dull moment, always brilliant and delicious! The service here is remarkable! The White truffle pizza was mind-blowing and you should have it soon before it goes away. Our dinner was: White truffle pizza, squash blossoms, calamari, tricolore salad, Salumi salame pizza, Bianca pizza, Mortadella Panini, Budino, Caramel Coppetta, Coconut gelato & a macchiato to top it off! Make a reservation and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaPatreceDined on 10/25/2014Second time visiting, service was much better, but not 100%. Waited for a little while and had to flag down waitress for dessert order. Still at little pricey, would come again..Special Features:
- trendy lunch spotGastronomegalVIPDined on 10/24/2014Busy, trendy, yummy food, fabulous gourmet pizzas....crust to die for. Interesting menu. Good service. I had the Brussel sprouts and "bacon bread crumbs" app. Hubby had meatballs app. Was warned by server that Brussel sprouts were very vinegary - they were. Too much for me, I only had a few. Hubby liked meatballs. Pizzas were great. I had prosciutto and arugula and he had margharita. Not a place to linger, too busy and the tables are very close. No private conversations here....but fun, tasty food, and good service.Special Features:
- Best ever pizzaDelsreviewsDined on 10/22/2014Really great but different pizzas majority without tomatoes this realy is top quality had choke. Wings to start spicy but good enough for two then pizza with salami very good indeed this is realy good wish they had a branch in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetgoddess1gourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 10/22/2014A must go to when in LA ! Reservations a must along with any flavor of gelato ! My favorite salad is the Caprese with the creamiest burrata cheese. Any pizza is fabulous, a bottle of wine and you are HAPPY !Special Features:
- SO GOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/22/2014You can't go wrong here! Everything is delicious, and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Not all it's cracked up to beCheetahjabDined on 10/22/2014its supose to have fantastic pizza. At best it was average , despite the epic wood burning oven. The pizza was only they felt you should have it, so options where nonexistent. What we had was ok. Honestly I wouldn't go back ridiculous valley parking that was both expensive and obnoxiously slow. Don't see why this is a hot spot at allSpecial Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014Food and service was good... Valet was a bit of hassle but otherwise the experience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTakeaplateDined on 10/17/201412 noon-Our party of 3 rrived for noon reservation and was seated. 12:10-Drinks arrived promptly after ordering. 12:20-Salads arrived promptly after ordering. 1:35-Pizzas arrived 80 minutes after ordering. No explanation from the friendly but illusive server. ("Energetic" is a euphemism for "must strain to hear dining companions") (Specific recommendation does not actually apply but is required to submit review)Special Features:
- High Noise level But Good food, FunRobWDined on 10/15/2014We've been here often, and the salads are some of the best we've had, particularly the Tricolore and Nancy's chopped salad. Even sitting at the bar Counter is fun, if restaurant is too busy to get a table. Service is good, and waiters helpful with menu of unfamiliar things. Some Pizza's were better than others, based on your taste but crust was excellent. Noise level in evening was such that we could not here each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite LA pizza places!yupitsmeDined on 10/13/2014I am very picky about my pizza and one of my missions was to find a good place in LA (I am from San Diego and often travel to LA for museums and to watch my sister's shows at the Groundlings). This second time here, we had a large entourage and we chose to eat early and get out in time to catch a show, so I made sure we had reservation. Be warned: they are really tightassed about making sure all of your party are present, even if you buy order enough food for everyone. he tells us after we were seated that we "had to be out of there by 6:45". There were plenty of tables btw. we had a reservation, some people did not and they got seated. On the plus side, ALL the pizzas are good. could have done without the rudeness.Special Features:
- Top notch pizza place!foodcatDined on 10/13/2014Get nancy's chopped salad.... It is to die for and it's more than large enough for two people. The meat lovers pizza is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MenuWannabeChefLauraDined on 10/11/2014The service was great and the waitstaff very attentive. We ordered the Bone Marrow appetizer and the Ricotta-Stuffed Squash Blossoms to start. Both were outstanding in preparation and taste. My 24 yr old son ordered the pizza Bianca and I had the Goat Cheese, Leek, Scallion, Bacon, and Roasted Garlic Pizza. Both were tasty with thin, crispy crust and cooked to perfection. Banana and Peanut Butter Gelato completed my son's meal, while I enjoyed the creamy Butterscotch Budino with Pine Nut/Rosemary cookies. My only complaint here is I wish mine was bigger, as it was so delicious it was all I could do to refrain from licking the glass it was served in. Overall a very satisfying experience and I can't wait to go back! Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill?notnormallyareviewerDined on 10/8/2014I've been to Pizzeria Mozza a number of times over the years and was quite disappointed with the food this time around. The squash blossoms and desserts are still perfect, but the pizzas were just kinda of average. And the salad was blah. Expected more.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This place was an ultimate bust. Worst service ever! Food was no good. Again I can't mention enough how bad the service was. Waitress had no personality. At one point I thought I might have to order my food myself with the cashier. DONT GO!
- RestoredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Simply put, dining at Pizzeria Mozza was exquisite. A sweet closure to a rough week. We were treated like royalty. The service was top notch and the food was better than I remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendkingcronDined on 10/1/2014I tried Pizzeria Mozza on a recommendation from a colleague of mine. He praised the restaurant's food and ambiance as a perfect date spot and it did not disappoint. I highly recommend the Caprese Salad to start and the Butterscotch dessert to finish.Special Features:
- Get your carbs on!KeepitcleanDined on 9/29/2014Fabulous pizzas, salads, veggie sides. They won't seat you until your whole party is there, so don't expect to linger at a table waiting for your date. Everything was delicious and the service is top notch. Crazy good desserts.Special Features:
- Excellent pizzaMadgewDined on 9/29/2014Very loud even when not crowded but Pizza is worth it. Our server was excellent. Went there for lunch, not crowded which was great because when full almost too loud to talk across the table. Tables also are too close to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it weren't for Mario...MelNikDined on 9/27/2014Saturday night was my third visit to PM. I'll admit that of all 3 times, I've never been BLOWN away by the food, but each time it decreased in wow factor. The service was really unfortunate as well. At least 7 min before we got menus.The host stand crew was great and managers touched tables and were aware, but can't make up for a disconnected, miserable server. Fire times were on point, we got our food promptly and in perfect sequence. Chopped salad and farro salad shared a very similar overall flavor- overkill on oregano. Arancini were mediocre. Garlic bread very overly oily. Burrata was delicious. Pizzas were good, but nothing to write home about. Crafty wine service in individual decanters. We skipped dessert after being unimpressed.Special Features:
- In declineSadaboutMozzaDined on 9/27/2014I've been going to Mozza for years, and have always been extremely happy with both the service and food. Unfortunately, every restaurant seems to finally go into decline, and I think Mozza has begun there inevitable descent. First, service was poor. The greeter was somewhat rude, which is fine I guess, but she insisted that if we wanted table (which, incidentally, we had a reservation for) we had to leave in less than an hour. I appreciate that they need to flip tables, but I've never encountered an flat out ultimatum before! The food was the big disappointment--former favorites like the chop salad were just bad. Perhaps we just caught a bad night, but between service and food Mozza is definitely off our list of habitual restaurants.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good TimesPogepiDined on 9/27/2014Having a reservation is the way to go, otherwise the wait can sometimes be upwards to an hour without a reservation. Everything on the menu looks delicious. The fried squash blossoms with ricotta and marinated bell peppers with tuna were light and savory. You can't come to this place and not have a pizza, we tried a spinach pizza and a sausage pizza both were delicious. Pizza's were cooked in a brick oven, which came out beautifully. The crust was thin and crispy, the Sausage was very savory and delicious.Special Features:
- Don't Rush MeFresserDined on 9/25/2014When I eat at a restaurant, it usually involves conversation and socializing. I felt rushed, from the moment they insist on pouring my wine to the last drop, until the bus person "sweeps" the table without asking if we are finished. Rude!! We still had some bread sticks on the table and the bus person grabbed them, and I said: "We are not finished" and he threw them back on the table. Um, we chose not to eat them after he had touched them. Some people need more training in the fine art of serving and busing tables. This pretty much threw a wet towel on to our lunch. A meal is an event, even if it's lunch or pizza. Thanks Mozza, you made me feel like my choice for my birthday lunch was definitely the wrong one. Next time Connie and Ted's.Special Features:
- MozzaluciousvegatheartDined on 9/24/2014Had a Birthday Celebration here, loved the squash blossom and cauliflower antipasti and the Funghi Misti, Fennel Sausage pizzas were prepared perfectly. Noise level a little on the loud side, but tolerable.Special Features:
- Flew in from SF for Mozza - again.GeoffVagueDined on 9/24/2014Over the years Pizzeria Mozza has consistently been my go to place for a special meal. The service, food and ambiance can turn a quick and delicious lunch into a lifetime memory. Of you go for dinner - don't skip desert. There is a butterscotch bidi no with your name on it waiting for you. Mario Batali and Nancy Silverton please open a Pizzeria Mozza in San Francisco - rather spend on food than Southwest Airlines - but till then happy to come to LA for your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014As always, this place never disappoints me! Their great lunch special makes it affordable to dine there and try different items! Absolutely LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceJuliaHopeDined on 9/21/2014I somehow end up at Mozza every time I'm in LA and am never sad about it. Consistently amazing food and service. It can be sort of loud and crowded- but it's a fun atmosphere and the quality more than makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood Hot SpotJinxDined on 9/19/2014This pizzeria was definitely busy during our lunch visit. Several people had to wait to be seated, it was that full. I recommend making reservations well in advance, especially if you are a large party. The food was good, but not outstanding. The noise level was crazy loud as the pizzeria is small with tables crammed in the small space and two bar areas for seating (they crammed eight of us around a small table). Our waiter was great: attentive and knowledgeable, but not overbearing. Overall, it's a nice place to try out, but doubtful I would go back.Special Features:
- MozzaMommamiaMozzaDined on 9/18/2014This was my second time eating at pizzeria Mozza. And it was amazing. Great food and great service. Can't wait to return. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/16/2014Some of the best pizzas I have ever eaten! Everything is good. Service is excellent. NO wonder why after all these years, it is still hard to get a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodFlorenceDined on 9/16/2014The food, service & wine @ Mozza are all wonderful, but the noise level could come down a few decibels with some softer surfaces to deaden the noise. Also, the $10 valet is a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $9 for diet cokesMrBarbequeVIPDined on 9/15/2014Everything was good but paying $9 for 2 diet cokes with no free refills is enraging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014not perfect but damn good. a little steamy on a hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the crust!laikaDined on 9/13/2014Amazing pizza!! Just the perfect amount of everything one could wish for to get to pizza heaven!Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Loved the selection of pizzas that incorporated locally grown tomatoes. We devoured the Napolitano and would go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't get itsparkyVIPDined on 9/12/2014I really like pizza (having grown up in New Jersey) and was looking forward to having lunch here. I ordered a sausage, onion, pepper pizza. The crust was tasty but too bready around the edges and too weak in the middle to hold the toppings. The sausage was unwieldy "meatballs" that you had to crumble and redistribute around the pie. Finally, the cheese was too thick and not judiciously spread, as it should have been. The chopped salad was good, though.Special Features:
- Always seems overratedAlohaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Seating is way too tight. I felt like the guy at the next table was on my lap. Food is okay. I have yet to have an incredible dish. Pizza crust felt bland. Speck was good. Chopped salad was kind of bland as well. The menu has the appearance of a foodie type place, but I have not found the food to be exceptional. And $9 for a 12 ounce draft beer seems steep, even for LA.Special Features: