Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
800 W. Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzeriamozza.com/
- Phone: 9499451126x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am-2pm & 5:00pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room in Pizzeria Mozza features a rustic Italian wine cellar and can accommodate up to 18 guests. The menu features a wide array of Pizzeria Mozza's most popular offerings served family style including Antipasti, Carne, Bruschette, Insalate, Pizza & Dolci.
- Private Party Contact: Lan Ngo 9496129581x
A word from Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Pizzeria Mozza Newport Beach is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of Italian wines salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (50)notable wine list (43)special occasion (38)hot spot (35)good for groups (28)kid-friendly (27)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (12)Show More
- Great mushroom pizza!Hc777VIPDined on 8/31/2014We love their mushroom pizza (don't add salt) and the arugula salad so much we had it two days in a row! Make a res or it's hard to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice!!!!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was my first time at Mozza´s pizzeria,unfortunately was a bad experience!!! The restaurant has the worst music lounge ever!!! How people can eat with a Led Zeppelin sound???? The service is very bad,too slow,difficult everything.There only one thing was the best: The pizza!!! Was delicious,very tasty..... but I´ll never will be back and I´ll never recommend for someone!!!
- The best pizzaGourmetdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love the little patio but lots of sirens going by the night we were there. Pizza fabulous, love the meatballs and squash blossoms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, subpar serviceJoeyBettsDined on 8/28/2014Ordered the octopus, it was amazing. Our waiter seemed more interested in talking with his coworkers than checking in on us while eating, then we waited another 15 minutes to get our check. Would have been a little more rattled if the food hadn't been so deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Improvement!disappointmentDined on 8/22/2014The waiter / kitchen lost our dinner order & we sat there unattended for over 20 minutes. The quality of the food we finally received was not up to the price. An all-around poor dining experience and we won't be back!Special Features:
- Our 'weekly' lunchpdoremusVIPDined on 8/21/2014We do our darnedest to get into our local 'Mozza' at least once a week. We're as predictable as each days' morning sunrise. Nancy's Chopped Salad (delicious and enough for four) and then a 'heated' discussion as to the Pizza. If I win, it's the incredible Fennel Sausage - and or, if she prevails… the amazing 'DiNapoli Margherita'' (a classic Pizza Margherita on delicious steroids!) with stunningly generous dollops of out-of-this-world 'Mozzarella di Bufala'. Wines (by the generous Glass - or the bottle) are exquisite - and the service a perfect combination of attentive and professional sans any pretension. I have to ask myself, what did we do for Pizza before they opened locally and saved us the travel and expense of driving into LA?Special Features:
- Best in NewportAlExVIPDined on 8/21/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the best restaurant to eat at in Newport Beach. All the pizzas are excellent. Even if you're not a pizza person the salads, smaller plates and desserts are great. The price may seem high for pizza but for the quality and flavor of the dough and what they put on top it's undeniably worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place in NewportjohnkDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Mozza in LA, which is usually always packed and crowded, glad to be able to make a reservation. Everything went smoothly, food was great, they have a full bar, atmosphere was good, nice people watching. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DvineDvineDined on 8/17/2014Very consistent - quality always outstanding!! I've been dining at Mozza since they first opened in Los Angeles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014The pizza with tomatoes, oregano and olive oil is the best - no cheese and delicious! The arugula salad with thinly slices mushrooms is wonderful too! Great wine selections. The service was terrible. The waiter was rude and impatient. If the food wasn't so good, I wouldn't go back based on the waiter alone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant pizza805ersDined on 8/16/2014Is elegant delicious pizza possible? We think yes after enjoying the fungi pizza and salad at Pizza Mozza (Newport). Also enjoyed the lasagna, meaty and filling, yet light. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaRealtorCamille7VIPDined on 8/13/2014Every employee at Pizzaria Mozza is well trained and do a great job! This is a lively and friendly restaurant! Reservations are a must! We sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the pizza's baking in the wood fired oven! Each employee behind the bar knows exactly what to do. MJ made our leek, scallion, garlic, goat cheese and bacon pizza. It was delicious. We also ordered the fried zucchini flowers stuffed with cheese. Really good. I think they would be better with marinara sauce to dip them in! We had their Rose which was crisp and light. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Love this place!ReliableReviewDined on 8/12/2014I made a lunch reservation for my mother and her close friends this past week, and because I couldn't go myself (I had a bad cold), I called ahead to put all of the charges on my credit card. Everything that I requested was exactly as I had asked and absolutely perfect - so well-executed by the general manager, Doug. He was so very helpful, and my mother and her friends ended up at the restaurant for almost 3 hours and had one of the best lunches of their lives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have dined at Mozza quite a few times. Our experience this time was poor. The table at which we were seated was located on the eastern wall where the tables are much too close together. There is no privacy and the tables are too small. Restaurant was sold out of the item we wanted. If we ever go back again it would be for a late lunch.
- Great Noght OuttingSia123Dined on 8/9/2014Went for dinner with my mom and boyfriend. The food was great especially pizza. It was very busy yet service was prompt and noise level was lively not uncomfortable. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service noSpankyaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Servers were inattentive and slow. Food was fine. Took too long to order and bar was way too slow.Special Features:
- Mozza Newport never disappointspdoremusVIPDined on 8/8/2014As ardent fans of Ms. Silverton from day one (dating back well into the last century at Michaels in Santa Monica!), we were instant regulars at the excellent Mozza Pizzeria and Osteria (in LA). Weekending in Newport, we longed for a 'local post' and have, since its opening here in Newport Beach - Mozza has become a 'constant' in ours' (as well as our likeminded, culinary minded friends) lives. Whether it's a lunch or dinner for two, or hosting a party of eight - dining at Mozza is always, ALWAYS a great pleasure. The food, of course, continues to excite - as does beautifully cultivated Wine List. The service is perfect in its casual, unpretentious, but professional manner. Especially under GM Doug Zamensky's exacting guidance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tad expensive for the experiencekafoodieDined on 8/8/2014Went with a group of 4 for lunch and it was $140. We aren't too concerned about price most days, but for what we ordered, it seemed a little steep for the quality. Four people ordered - 4 sodas (2 of us had water, but the sodas are tiny 8 oz for $4 a piece), padron peppers app, burrata app, Nancy's chopped salad and 3 pizzas (one salame and 2 of the special mozzarella di bufala). The guys got the special pizza and were both disappointed as the cheese was big globs and was not melted...our mistake. The salame that I ordered was "okay"; however, I would much rather order a $6 happy hour pizza at Il Fornaio to be honest. The best part was the burrata with garlic bread and the attentiveness of the wait staff. My water was always full!
- WonderfulLynnbeckpugsDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful pizza and roasted chicken. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good but pricy appsLgliljaDined on 8/2/2014Nice food and great pizza. However the appetizers are small for the prices. We had the stuffed squash blossoms and the bruschetta with white beans and both of them were 3 tiny bites. Not much for the money. Too bad really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We love the hollywood Mozza and were excited to dine in Newport! the service was horrendous! We sat at least 10-15 until the server came over and the restaurant was far from full. The food did not compare to Hollywood, but the poor service ruined our dining experience.
- Inconsistent ExperiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Our first time here, we enjoyed the fresh pizza, creamy burrata, and observant servers. Unfortunately, Pizzeria Mozza wasn't able to replicate this experience on our second visit. Save for the water, service was lacking our we were only checked up twice during the meal. Additionally, the restaurant wasn't packed, but the time between appetizers and the pizza arriving was closer to half an hour. Needless to say, there are some problems with consistency here.Special Features:
- Brought pizza to a new levelCyn95030Dined on 8/1/2014Wow is the one word to describe the food. I was a bit hesitant to go after reading the reviews on OpenTable. The service was impeccable, the food awesome, the one not so good thing is I felt rushed. We started with two appetizers (fig & speck and the caprese) ... both dishes were fresh as though the chefs picked the ingredients that day. And, you must get the garlic bread to pair with the caprese. Molto bene!! The pizza we split thank goodness. It was really good, light on the sauce. Overall great place. Would definately go back the next time we're in So. Cal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian yumminessFishgirl949Dined on 7/31/2014Our food was great. We shared a caprese salad and a pizza. Then had coconut sorbet! Everything was yummy! The wine was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!!!LagunaDaveDined on 7/31/2014Pizzeria Mozza continues to excel with their pizzas and first plates. We prefer to pay corkage and bring out own wine due to the all Italian wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza anyone?pizza2pleaseDined on 7/29/2014Not a ho hum pizza place! Out of the ordinary menu items. We are now regulars (almost) because the food never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Service a bit lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Outside was quiet,but was packed inside! Great energy! This business may have been part of the reason for what I'm saying in this review. First, the food was great. The pizzas were packed with flavor/good portion. They tasted fantastic! The salads were enormous! The wine list was good. However, my experience was a bit lackluster because of the service. We arrived early, but are seated quickly. My date asked me about the watch I was wearing which allowed me to note the time. Because of this I realized we waited over 10 minutes before anyone presented us with menus. Our server only came to the table twice to check up on us. We felt neglected. But I'd come back again. I try to be fair in reviews. Maybe they were understaffed that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWaltDined on 7/27/2014Ordered the anchovy pizza from the menu. When the pizza arrived there were no anchovies on it. I notified the waiter and he apologized and took my anchovy-free pizza. About 20 minutes later he returned with a pizza. The pizza was divided into 4 slices. Three of the slices had one very small anchovy the other slice had none. I order anchovies because I love anchovies. Maybe the chef/cook didn't want to open another can of anchovies fearing that they might not sell. If it didn't appear rude, and didn't violate restaurant health codes I would have brought my own anchovies. Amazingly, charges for both pizzas appeared on the bill. I called the manager and he asked if I thought the charge for pizzas should be adjusted. Well, duh.Special Features:
- Sooo disappointedSkinnyfishVIPDined on 7/25/2014When we arrived we were put in a side room away from the main dining area. There was no ambience and we couldn't be moved as the main room was full. Our server was clearly having a bad day. We ordered drinks. One of the kids ordered ginger ale. She brought ginger beer. It's totally different. She argues with the entire table including shouting at a ten year old , saying that ginger ale and ginger beer was the same thing ITS NOT. But the point is we went out for pizza not for an argument. After that the service was poor the whole meal. We were pretty much ignored and in an abet room away from the main dining. The food is great. The server let it down badlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Pizzamad4fudDined on 7/25/2014We love going to Mozza for pizza. They don't take any short cuts here. they use the best high quality ingredients, the toppings, the crust, the tomato sauce and the cheese. just really yummy every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MegsanVIPDined on 7/20/2014Never disappoints! Such amazing pizza, can't go without it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the chicken!chipbeeVIPDined on 7/20/2014Of course Mozza is well known for its pizzas, and they are very good. I especially like the tomato sauce and oregano one. However, we recently tried the chicken here, and it was great. A wonderful dish to share. My husband does not like chicken very much, and even he had to admit that it was some of the best chicken he'd had in a long time. A great crust on the chicken, along with a delicious grilled lemon. Also served with smashed potatoes and onions that were really flavorful. A great way to change it up at Mozza if you are not in the mood for pizza.
- Mozza New Port Beach.Koz1VIPDined on 7/18/2014I had not been to Pizzeria Mozza in about 2 years, but my daughter wanted Pizza for her 18th birthday. The restaurant is pretty much set up to turn and burn tables. The seats have no padding so after about 30 minutes you don't want to seat anymore. We ordered a few things of the starter list. Burrata was fair (had better quality Burrata at the Winery in Tustin the next night), Padron peppers were good not great, fried squash blossoms just came out on a plate, and were pretty darn boring. The meatballs were the best starter by fair so those are recommended. My daughter Pizza was mediocre. She wanted a cheese pizza with easy sauce yet got a extra sauce pizza with easy cheese. The overall experience was just fair, and hard to recommend.
- Yummy!!DineoutgirlDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant was absolutely amazing! I was there with some girlfriends and we had the lasagna and pizza. They were really delicious. Our waitress was amazing! She helped us with any gluten-free things we needed!! Their wines were great and they had a sommelier help us pick some out. Which was really fun! It is pricey but definitely worth the experience and the delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but food better at LA MozzaTKweVIPDined on 7/8/2014Whil we enjoyed Pizzeria Mozza in Newport Beach, I have to say the food at the LA outpost is better. Generally found things under seasoned (the squash blossoms and crostini) and the pizza crust was drier (crispy but none of the "chew" you expect from great Italian pizza. The Padrons with cheese were tasty but odd when you bring two toast points for table of three.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014As always ....food and service was great !! The butterscotch desert is worth driving all the way from Laguna .....!!!Special Features:
- Special eateryCiscoDined on 6/28/2014The quality of the food at Mozza is top notch. It's good, simple, vibrant flavorful food. All of the ingredients are the best which makes it so simply delicious. Wait staff was professional and friendly. Prices are slightly high (particularly on glasses of wine) but one can't expect to get this quality of food without a cost.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Mozza never disappoints. Will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014fun place - good food - nice choice of pizza - would recommendSpecial Features:
- Not the same Mozza experienceBestbitesDined on 6/24/2014Third visit to Pizzeria Mozza (two previous wonderful experiences) but it felt like a different restaurant. Service was so odd. Sat unrecognized (by any waiter) with orders ready for too long. As soon as we ordered appetizers, another waiter appeared to take our order. That would have been fine until the bus staff began to take our plates while we still had food on our forks just above the plates. Happened twice. No explanation. Food and pizza was not even close to our first two experiences here. Bland and oily squash blossoms. Margherita pizza was drowning in tomato sauce and had so little cheese on it, some slices were just basically wet pizza dough. To top it all off, we witnessed another diner nearly choke.Not headed back anytime soon.