Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
800 W. Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzeriamozza.com/
- Phone: (949) 945-1126
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am-2pm & 5:00pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Matt Molina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room in Pizzeria Mozza features a rustic Italian wine cellar and can accommodate up to 18 guests. The menu features a wide array of Pizzeria Mozza's most popular offerings served family style including Antipasti, Carne, Bruschette, Insalate, Pizza & Dolci.
- Private Party Contact: Lan Ngo 9496129581x
A word from Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach is a bustling, urban burst of flavor and color. Pizzeria Mozza Newport Beach is the perfect atmosphere - whether it be a business lunch or late night snack. The wine bar provides a vibrant venue for sampling from a selection of Italian wines salumi and pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzeria Mozza - Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (39)notable wine list (37)special occasion (31)great for lunch (31)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Great atmosphere, great foodSethVIPDined on 11/21/2014One of the better restaurants in Orange County. A lot of variety and all of it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a FanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014I'd heard great things about the pizza here, but in my experience not so good. The cheese clumpy, the sage strangely almost like it was freeze dried! Crust so crisp and thin it was like a water cracker. And, that's the problem, overall just tasteless. The wine list a bit weird too--all Italian wines, and unless you ARE an expert on Italian regional wines, you are gonna be a bit lost--not to mention really, really pricey! The service, though is excellent and friendly, our waiter recommended a wine for us that was delicious. In addition, the ambience--it is warm and casual, all good, but, here comes the but; this place is tiny and crowded with very small wooden tables and kitchen chairs--you are going to be very, very close to your fellow diners! Glad I went to try it out but, there are so many good places in Orange County for oven fired pizza I'd never bother with Pizzeria Mozza again.
- rustyVIPDined on 11/15/2014What a fun little place for a truly extraordinary pizza! From the moment we stepped in the door, we were attended to with care but without constant interruption. Our waiter asked a few questions and quickly ascertained how we could get our best experience out of the menu. He then left us alone to enjoy our food, while anticipating our needs so that we never had to flag him down. The kale salad was amazing, with a tangy citrusy dressing that stopped just short of too tangy and the white anchovies added a touch of mystery without overpowering the greens. A snowfall of ricotta salata gave the mound of greens a contrasting cool beauty. Our pizza of bufala di mozzarella, tomatoes from the DiNapolis and Genovese basil could not be bettered. The tomatoes were incredibly sweet and tart, the crust was crusty up to the last bite and the tiny sprigs of basil added a subtle touch of freshness without the one-two wham of the more common oversized garden basil. We were so delighted that we could not restrain ourselves from returning the following evening, when we were particularly taken with the white bean bruschette. This is a place we will add to our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Very cute romantic little place to eat. Ambiance was wonderful. Service was excellent. Food was tasty, but small portions for the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food cruisin' on PCH-Newport Beachemc1147LBCADined on 11/11/2014Have read about the Mozza restaurants for a long time. My birthday was approaching; why not? No problem securing a 'res' (Tues. evening). Arrived early and was immediately seated with enthusiasm & hospitality by the hostess. The wait staff was superb: timely, attentive, informative and very accommodating. Starter: meatballs were very tasty and satisfying Salad: Little Gems greens with grilled squash, etc and topped with Green Goddess (?) dressing. . . . . . . . delish !!! Pizza: Very tasty, BUT, as the pizza got cooler, the crust became too tough to cut & too chewy. Dessert: Would definitely skip the gelatiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening in an upbeat placeEllenVIPDined on 11/5/2014I took my friends who were recently married and we not only enjoyed the food, particularly the baratta appetizer in a low-keyed upbeat environment!!!Special Features:
- Not like a pizza joint`juliejuliejulieVIPDined on 11/4/2014this place is amazing. Food is exceptional and everything that we have tried makes me want to come back for more. Something as simple as the garlic bread is an experience you will remember!Special Features:
- Delish!JudeVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was some of the tastiest most unique flavored food. Pizzas are the best it there. I was especially impressed with the fried sage on the pizza. What a concept! And what a great flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza aroundWoolfyDined on 10/24/2014No other like this, every other pizza restaurant is an imposterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music didn't fit!SnobbyFoodieDined on 10/16/2014Food was fantastic; however the music was a little too loud & didn't fit the restaurant. They had AC DC playing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love foodIlovefoodDined on 10/16/2014I've heard great things about Mozzas. I wasn't disappointed! A wonderful dining experience. I'll definitely go back and take friends.Special Features:
- LiliDined on 10/16/2014Great special low key lunch dor friends birthday. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Maybe third time's a charm?DicosDined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant in three months. The first timeout we had wonderful service and I had arguably the best roasted chicken (Chicken Diablo) I had ever eaten. Naturally, my husband I ordered it for our main course this time. Unfortuantely, the chicken was dry and not as tasty. The garlic bread (you have to pay $4 for bread) was dry and tasteless except the middle piece which was inexplicably saturated. Our salad was just so-so. The worst part was the service. The waiters are nice but as they explained, they all help out at all the tables. We had 4 waiters approach us to take our initial drink orders but no one came more than a half hour after we were done to check to see if we wanted anything else.Special Features:
- Good foodpwdoesnotworkDined on 10/10/2014Good food but slightly too rich. I would like it more if they use less oil in the pizza crust. The oil masks how good the crust really is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzeria MozzaWineanddinedocDined on 10/9/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the real deal. Authentic pizza made from the best ingredients with great appetizers and desserts and impeccable service. They serve til 11 pm which is rare in Newport.Special Features:
- DoniveeDoniveedinesDined on 10/5/2014In spite of Mozza being scarcely populated at one o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, the service was terrible. Both pizzas arrived barely lukewarm and except for the first appetizer (fried potatoes and deci beans - delicious) it took forever. They reheated the pizza. It took an extremely long time to get one butterscotch budino (like they make this at the last minute?). We accumulated a bill of $168 and were comped one espresso for our inconvenience. I can see why this outpost of Mozza is being shunned. This would not happen at the Los Angeles venue.
- comentsPberkmaDined on 9/30/2014Wobbly table couldn't fix it bathroom very dirty , food was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food, Poor ServiceCOCriticDined on 9/26/2014Pros: Prompt seating, delightful manager, great bus service. Great food with really fresh ingredients. Great use of the seasonal squash. Cons: Terrible server. He never greeted us, so we had to grab our own menus. He did not offer us a drink menu until we asked. He never took our food order (the manager did). He spilled the water carafe on our table, which soaked my fiancée's dress, and he broke the wine carafe in the process. He did not apologize for the incident. He provided us fresh plates but no new napkins. He lied about putting in an order; we called him on that, and he admitted he forgot. Our server was either having an off night, or he probably didn't think we were going to spend any $$$ so he didn't pay attention to us.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousDebbieDined on 9/26/2014I love the food here so much. The service is very attentive, to the point that I feel guilty for multiple refills of my water glass. Thank you for another wonderful dining expereince. I'll be back for the Caprese salad, Funghi misti pizza, and butterscotch budino. Thank you!Special Features:
- bland design and mediocre foodNG55Dined on 9/21/2014Mozza , with its heavy maroon color palette, fees like a syndicated steak house. The food was no better, with only the salad worthy of a good restaurant. Very disappointing as my first exerience at the creation of a celebrity chief.NGSpecial Features:
- DeliciousNeighborhood4DiningDined on 9/20/2014Delicious pizza. Quite loud and cramped though. Again, the noise factor would not have been an issue so much if we had sat on the patio, which we had requested. Still, quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go go to mozzafood4funDined on 9/14/2014Our third trip to Mozza after going to the LA spot twice. The food is just so unique and inventive. Pizza has never been considered fine dining but it is in my book now!Special Features:
- AnonymousOCDined on 9/13/2014I have been going to Pizza Mozza in Newport and LA. In Newport, pizza is so so. And, the service is worse especially in our last visit. I had to get my kids the breadsticks that we had ask the server to get twice. I had to ask multiple times for refills. I still like the place. But, definitely, last visit was the worse experience. However, I never had a bad experience in Pizza Mozza LA. It was always pleasant. Maybe, we make the extra trip to go to LA.
- jimparkJimboDined on 9/12/2014Food quality was consistent, except for the caprese. Table next to us had larger serving in comparison. The server couldn't explain why..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hotrpssDined on 9/12/2014A/C was not operating on hottest day of summer. Very high noise level. Service was satisfactory, but not cordial or welcoming. Hostess welcome was non existent. Server gave very brief descriptions of various plates. Delicious pizzas and salads. Complimentary Birthday dessert was a tablespoon of "gelato"( vanilla ice cream) in comparison to 2 complimentary desserts selected from the menu at Red O the following evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodCalidinerVIPDined on 9/7/2014Trendy place, excellent desert, exceptional service! I went back loads of times and still will ً. ع the food though i think could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLisaV61Dined on 9/6/2014Pizzeria Mozza never disappoints! Food is always consistent and delicious. I will say my only complaint is we were unlucky to be seated at the same table as last time a corner table for two near the bar and always without fail staff members constantly bump into my chair! It's a very tight layout so be prepared to sit close to your nieghbors ! The wine list is always good! The butterscotch pudding w/ salted caramel to die for yummy! The meatballs outstanding and the hit of the night the special burrata plate with leaks! At $25.00 a order didnot dissapoint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST PIZZACruise2eatVIPDined on 9/5/2014Hands down, Pizzeria Mozza makes the best pizza. Order it extra crisp and it is absolutely delicious. Love the arugula salad and tricolor salads. Actually everything is just yummy. I seldom eat pizza but Mozza is one I crave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaLoverDined on 9/5/2014The food is fabulous! My favorite is the mushroom pizza. The appetizers have all been delicious and the salads are great. My only complaint is the music level. It is much TOO LOUD!!!! Every time we go there, we ask that it be turned down. It NEVER is. It's hard to hold a conversation without shouting. This last time we were there, we asked twice that the music be turned down. We're still waiting.Special Features:
- Amazing food but bad serviceAmtrakDined on 9/4/2014I have dined here half a dozen times over the last several years. It is a restaurant I visit each to!e I come to this area. The food has is always outstanding and my guests enjoy the experience but this recent visit was different. We waited 20 minutes for a menu then an additional 10 to place a drink order. We had to ask if a waiter was coming over before some arrive and that was a mistake because the service only got worse the rest of the night. I felt like their must of been a hidden camera. I handed over my card without seeing the check when we caught the waiter. My friends comment I am use to bad service growing up in England. I don't see myself returning. Despite the amazing food I have never had service so bad and slow.Special Features:
- Great mushroom pizza!Hc777VIPDined on 8/31/2014We love their mushroom pizza (don't add salt) and the arugula salad so much we had it two days in a row! Make a res or it's hard to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice!!!!ClaudiaVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was my first time at Mozza´s pizzeria,unfortunately was a bad experience!!! The restaurant has the worst music lounge ever!!! How people can eat with a Led Zeppelin sound???? The service is very bad,too slow,difficult everything.There only one thing was the best: The pizza!!! Was delicious,very tasty..... but I´ll never will be back and I´ll never recommend for someone!!!
- Best pizza everRupertVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Margarita Pizza was outstanding. Crust was crisp but not tough and was flavorable. Sauce was something you could have a bowl of..... Much Much better than the opening a year or so ago. Oven must have aged to the right level???Special Features:
- The best pizzaGourmetdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Love the little patio but lots of sirens going by the night we were there. Pizza fabulous, love the meatballs and squash blossoms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, subpar serviceJoeyBettsDined on 8/28/2014Ordered the octopus, it was amazing. Our waiter seemed more interested in talking with his coworkers than checking in on us while eating, then we waited another 15 minutes to get our check. Would have been a little more rattled if the food hadn't been so deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diners at NB MozzaDDdinerDined on 8/28/2014Met friends for dinner & the food was decent but I think we expected it to be better. Service was good during the ordering process & remained pretty good until the food came when it seemed like they disappeared. Our opinion is an overpriced pizza joint. Caprese salad was disappointing with the fresh (read: mushy) mozzarella & a blob of olive oil. Kale salad was pretty good but didn't quite get the order correct & was difficult to track them down so we ate it anyway. Patio can be noisy especially with car alarms so perhaps inside is a better choice & you won't have to inhale the smoke from the cigarettes outside. Overall it was a satisfactory experience and perhaps some people will love it, we just weren't crazy about it.Special Features:
- Needs Improvement!disappointmentDined on 8/22/2014The waiter / kitchen lost our dinner order & we sat there unattended for over 20 minutes. The quality of the food we finally received was not up to the price. An all-around poor dining experience and we won't be back!Special Features:
- Our 'weekly' lunchpdoremusVIPDined on 8/21/2014We do our darnedest to get into our local 'Mozza' at least once a week. We're as predictable as each days' morning sunrise. Nancy's Chopped Salad (delicious and enough for four) and then a 'heated' discussion as to the Pizza. If I win, it's the incredible Fennel Sausage - and or, if she prevails… the amazing 'DiNapoli Margherita'' (a classic Pizza Margherita on delicious steroids!) with stunningly generous dollops of out-of-this-world 'Mozzarella di Bufala'. Wines (by the generous Glass - or the bottle) are exquisite - and the service a perfect combination of attentive and professional sans any pretension. I have to ask myself, what did we do for Pizza before they opened locally and saved us the travel and expense of driving into LA?Special Features:
- Best in NewportAlExVIPDined on 8/21/2014Pizzeria Mozza is the best restaurant to eat at in Newport Beach. All the pizzas are excellent. Even if you're not a pizza person the salads, smaller plates and desserts are great. The price may seem high for pizza but for the quality and flavor of the dough and what they put on top it's undeniably worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place in NewportjohnkDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Mozza in LA, which is usually always packed and crowded, glad to be able to make a reservation. Everything went smoothly, food was great, they have a full bar, atmosphere was good, nice people watching. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.