1730 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzerialocale.com/
- Phone: 3034423003
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30-2:30 & 4:30-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jordan Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Non-private and Private Events are both available.
A word from Pizzeria Locale
Pizzeria Locale only accepts reservations before 6:00pm and after 8:30pm. Modern PizzeriaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Pizzeria Locale - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Pizzeria Locale reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (20)hot spot (17)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very good food, but some problemsWaltVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been to the Boulder Pearl Street location here a couple of times and really like the food, especially the charcuterie. The have a great wine list and a really nice selection of Italian wines by the glass. It's a bit noisy, but not too bad. Our service was good overall, but on our last visit, something was seriously wrong at the bar. Food services was spot on, but we really had to struggle to get our wine. Sometimes our wine orders were simply forgotten and we had to ask repeatedly for our wines. This was early (5:30) and the first time we have experienced problems of any sort here. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Pizza!kathyDined on 7/14/2014I love pizza (an embarrassing amount) and this was quite possibly the best pizza (and crust) I have ever had. I appreciated the authenticness of each pizza they offered. Our server was excellent at recommending both wine and appetizers as well. It is worth the drive to Boulder. I have now been to both the Denver and Boulder locations and Boulder is three times better than the fast food version in Denver.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/8/2014The pizza was great. All the ingredients used in the salad & pizza were very fresh . The types of pizza were creative & a welcome change. Perfect crispy crust.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014Great food. Price and menu is especially good for the "happy hour", 4:30 - 5:30 daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and friendlyBoulderheartDined on 7/6/2014The best ingredients, service is perfect all around. Really creative, artisanal pizzas and salads. I live in NYC and visit Boulder frequently. This place is better than anything we have in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very, very good and better than I remember! Maybe the should tell you they do not slice the pizzas. We remembered and it was no big deal, but the tables on each side of us seemed to be quire thrown by this.Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Lots of interesting choices, and the thin crust works well with gourmet toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date night!PattyjoVIPDined on 6/26/2014A great place for a fun evening in Boulder. Next time going to come sit at the bar. Pizza was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Outside of Italy!TyGuyDined on 6/17/2014Simply fantastic thin crust pizza. I have gone multiple times and enjoyed several different pizzas with quiet a few number of friends...and everyone says the same thing..."best pizza outside of the time I was in Italy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but great service and foodChuk121Dined on 6/7/2014Loved the food and service, but the volume needed to be turned down. Get reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nunavitDined on 5/21/2014The pizza is very Italian--a little soggy (that's a good thing) and moderately cooked, so that some of the cheese still keeps its form. I loved it, but I've always preferred the pizza from Italy over American-style pizza. The lunch special (half a salad a margherita pizza and a soda) is a great deal at $10.Special Features:
- Elevated pizzaHeavenlyPizzaDined on 5/8/2014Love Pizzeria Locale. Every bite of every course is delicious and just what you imagine delicious would taste with your eyes closed. The "altar to prosciutto" begs you to enhance your pizza just a bit more. More tables are needed - many more tables- and a larger outdoor space. I'd eat there every day, if I could. More classic Italian pasticceria would be welcome as they seem to have closed their espresso shop & added a private dining room. Those lovely pillows of pastry did not make it back onto the menu, sadly. Not much more to add to pizza perfection - it's simple, perfectly prepared, high quality ingredients delivered as in Napoli, but this is Boulder! And the wine pairings, olives, oils, meats & cheeses all elevate the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food perfectly yummy, our waiter beyond fabulous. This is our go-to favorite for perfect food everytime.Special Features:
- no words to describe how amazing!mikes4himDined on 4/26/2014My partner and I went to Pizzeria Locale for lunch. What an amazing time! We started with some GREAT appetizers.... some salad and the best saffron/mozzarella balls.... the salad was amazing, perfect flavors, perfect amount of dressing. We got one salad and shared it. It was perfectly coded and was the best pizza I have had in a LONG time... probably since we were in Italy! We then had the gelato for dessert and got coffee's to enjoy the end of the meal. It was such delight. Best of all, the service was TREMENDOUS! Our waitress was amazing and the rest of the team there went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and felt at home. I truly felt like an honored guest! We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Gem!CsturnerDined on 4/17/2014Great starter bites, great pizza! Server made an excellent wine pairing suggestion. My kids were given crayons and paper - and they brought an early pizza out for them. Loved this place and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapoointed...goodeatsDined on 4/15/2014I have eaten at Pizzeria Locale many times and it has never disappointed me. This time I brought a friend who had never been before and she was impressed. We went for lunch and I did notice it was not as packed as in the past. I ordered the Mais Mozzarella pizza which has prosciutto, corn and lots of garlic. It is my favorite and it was delicious. My friend had the Salsiccia Pepperoni which has peppers, onions and sausage. The manager (sorry I did not catch his name) was very helpful with the wine choice. I love the fact that the Boulder location is sit down. The Denver location is not form what I have heard.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Pizzeria LocaleJerryVIPDined on 4/12/2014I have eaten at Pizzeria Locale several times and generally have been happy with the restaurant and the food. However, on this most recent occasion, they refused to honor my OpenTable reservation. The excuse was they 'suddenly got a lot of reservations'. I'm not sure why this should have been a problem if they were managing their reservations. Service was also very slow. We did not see a waiter for at least 10 minutes after being seated.Special Features:
- Food was great. Ambience average.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Food was very good. Service was what I would get at any average restaurant. Not a place for a romantic date. Very small and tight, so not good for groups or parties.Special Features:
- The following 295 reviews are from the Pizzeria Locale reviews archive.
- Love this place!MikeMahonDined on 3/31/2014The service, food, wine list, desserts and ambience are world class! I take clients, friends, relatives and employees here as often as possible. It is our go to restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza EverTonyaDined on 3/28/2014Love everything about Pizzeria Locale! One of my favorite places to go any day of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizzaFooodyDined on 3/16/2014Outstanding pizza! Had four different pizzas at the table and we shared they all were delicious! Good bottle of wine! It was more than our pizza! Good time was had by all!Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014This place is always amazing. Great food. Truly unique. Amazing service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE LOVE PIZZERIA LOCALELoveLParkVIPDined on 3/7/2014This place is special. In fact, my husband just flew from SF for the night - knowing we had Pizzeria Locale dinner plans. Bottom line, I don't know how you could improve on this pizza. Everything offered is served to perfection. Our motto: Experience the wonders of Neapolitan style pizza - served-up on Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado, USA. We promise it will make your night. Signed, SF Bay Area fansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza in BoulderlarryDined on 3/6/2014The pizza was absolutely amazing---probably the best we've ever had! our server was very knowledgable about the wine list and had some great recommendations. Lights are too bright in the space; need much warmer/lower wattage.Special Features:
- Molto Bebe!BeckyDined on 2/28/2014We LOVE this place and make a reservation every time we come visit our daughter at CU. Everyone loves it, so do call ahead. Fab pizzas, divine first course (meat balls and arancini are our favs), but it's all delicious!!!Special Features:
- Noisy and just OKVisitingBoulderDined on 2/15/2014It was SO noisy that we nearly had to yell across our table. That can add to the fun ambiance for some but it wasn't what we were looking for that night. The food was okay. We had a salad and shared a pizza. The pizza had nice flavor but was wet.Special Features:
- Mind blowing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014I can honestly say that I've never eaten anything better! This is not a "pizza place" this is a food experience! We shared a pizza and the octopus salad, they were phenomenal! The only reason I gave ambiance a poor rating was that we were sat by the wall where there is construction going on next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDrBobVIPDined on 1/11/2014We loved the appetizers, pizza and dessert. What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Nice Place, a little loudDougDined on 1/10/2014We went for happy hour. The happy hour menu is a little sparse for veggetarians, but the food was delicious. The staff was very friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating of my two small children. It was a good deal for happy hour, but I don't think I would go for dinner because the full priced pizzas average around $15 and they are kind of small. We escaped with a bill of $48, including tip, for 3 drinks, 2 pizzas, and an app. Somehow, during non HH times, I would bet my bill would be about $80 - for pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but don't understand the hypeSweetmanVIPDined on 1/6/2014This is a good, but not great Neapolitan pizza restaurant. Everything tasted great, but the center half of the crust of both pizzas was soggy. Again, the flavors are good and maybe we just caught the kitchen on a bad night. I was surprised given the restaurant's reputation.Special Features:
- Great happy hour menu, withAmandaDined on 12/30/2013Great happy hour menu, with delish full size pizzas! A bit noisy, but the food was so good it was worth it! Waiter was knowledgeable and efficient. Can't wait to go back for more Diavola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizzaSnowellenVIPDined on 12/28/2013First time here but we look forward to returning. The pizza ingredients were so so fresh. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale PizzaterriVIPDined on 12/23/2013The Salads, wines and pizzas are wonderful. Especially we found it nice to be provided with delicious water in glass bottles on our table, both still and sparkling for no extra costs! That's a first in our experience.Special Features:
- Rathe go to Basta23rdStudiosVIPDined on 12/5/2013Been here for lunch which was nice but just for a quick bit we decided to try this place for dinner. Basically the food was fine, though a pizza coming to the table unsliced and not providing people anything but a butter knife to slice it seems crazy. Like I said I'd just prefer to go to Basta. Wouldn't go back, that's for sure.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Our group of four had a great experience. Our server had a great grasp of everything on the menu and the popular items and guest chef specials. Everyone's pizza was tasty and perfectly cooked. The dessert list was a great follow-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Naples PizzaconerDined on 11/22/2013I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. The staff were great and super helpful. They even made a menu with happy birthday Esha at the top. The Bruschetta was well done, not too much oil and the ingredients were well balanced. The true gen here though is the pizza. The Naples-style pizza is delicious. The dough was flavorful and had a nice crisp but was not too much like a cracker. The balance of the mushrooms, cheese, and sauce was excelent. we could taste each of the different types of mushrooms and they were each unique and added their own to the overall experience. The aspect that my girlfriend and I appreciated most was that the pizza was not oily or greasy. The butterscotch pudding is made fresh each day from scratch and was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation = Horrible SeatingbscoDined on 11/16/2013The food was as expected, but the real annoyance was having a reservation and being placed at a tiny table next to the kitchen and water station prep counter. Really? You have guaranteed business with a reservation and you're going to place us at likely the worst table in the entire restaurant. Despite the deliciousness of the food, the ambience and service were lacking.
- Good, but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/27/2013The pizza ingredients were excellent, but the crust was very chewy. The noise level was so high that it was impossible to carry on a conversation. The wine selection was excellent and the happy hour wine was good as was its price. The deserts were also very good. The service was outstanding. Our shared seafood salad was very good. Pizzeria Locale is certainly trendy and for good reasons - the pizza oven, the pizza ingredients, but the pizza fell a little short in the final product.Special Features:
- Can't write enough superlativesNancVIPDined on 10/26/2013Can't write enough superlatives about this restaurant. The pizza is out of this world, and the service is the best you'll find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BummedGarlicGirlDined on 10/25/2013My girlfriend and I were so excited to finally make the hour drive to Pizzeria Locale for a fun dinner, but we were both so incredibly bummed by the poor service. We sat at the bar and were totally ignored the entire time. The guys behind the bar were way more interested in chatting with each other, and they seemed put out any time we asked for something, such as a fork or another glass of wine. Also, for my 4th visit, I have to say that my pizza wasn't as good as any of the other times. There were very little ingredients on top, including cheese. It was super bland. Anyway, did the great staff and cooks all head to the Denver location? Will try that one instead next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.