1730 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzerialocale.com/
- Phone: 3034423003
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30-2:30 & 4:30-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jordan Wallace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Non-private and Private Events are both available.
A word from Pizzeria Locale
Pizzeria Locale only accepts reservations before 6:00pm and after 8:30pm. Modern PizzeriaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pizzeria Locale - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Pizzeria Locale reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (16)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (3)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A special placeJudythefoodieDined on 9/19/2014Wow what simple food made into something very special. Fabulous meal. Thank you and service top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave W.DaveDined on 9/14/2014Great food, wine list and attentive service. Variety of designer pizzas amazing. They are willing to experiment with you on different combinations, as well. Appetizers are fun and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian pizzaPickeydinerDined on 9/14/2014The pizza here is authentic Italian pizza and delicious. The crust is thin and just the right balance of crisp and chewy. The toppings are sparse but extremely tasteful and satisfying. The appetizers are outstanding and the desserts are scrumptious . I highly recommend the Nutella saltimboca dipped in the butterscotch pudding. It's out of this world. It's unfortunate that the space is tiny with little space between tables . It's a little too cozy but the food is so delicious I can overlook that one tiny inconvience. I take family and friends here and have never been disappointed .Special Features:
- Good pizza but very noisy.GailGDined on 9/6/2014Don't go here for a quiet dinner. Go for a casual lunch instead. Pizza is very fresh but watch out for their creations. Mine had no mozzarella so was not what I expected. Tables are too close together and waiters had trouble serving including spilling milk from the next table on me when cleaning it up. They gave us a free dessert. Pudding. I prefer Tiramisu. Limited dessert choices. For the price I expected better foos and service.
- More than Just PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent place to transition from 'there to there.' Good food, very professional wait staff, well worth a 25% tip!Special Features:
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014Charcuterie, salads, bruschetta was very nice. The server was awesome and knowledgeable. Next time we'll try the pizza and dessert.
- Pizza dough for the little onesLuckyJollyDined on 8/28/2014One of the great things about Pizzeria Locale was that they brought out some dough and flour for the kids to play with, each with their own plate. It was awesome for them. Much better than the fake play-dough that some restaurants have for little kids. The kids loved playing with the dough and we loved explaining to them that the dough in their hands became the pizza that they ate. Loved it.Special Features:
- Delicious food, but LOUD!SportsdivaDined on 8/21/2014A very popular spot, Pizzeria Locale is always bustling. Love the food here and the service is friendly and professional. Enjoy sitting at the counter and watching the pizza being made. Often leave with a headache though since the place is so very loud. Covered in hard surfaces, the noise literally bounces all over the small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnaCAnaCDined on 8/20/2014Excellent authentic Neapolitan pizza. Fresh ingredients and cooked perfectly. Nice wine list and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vailskiiersDined on 8/19/2014My first time here and i will definetly be back. My daughter, a student at CU recommended it. Great small starters- the fruiti di mare was excellent- fresh and lightly dressed. the pizzas, margarita, and another with hot chilis marinara and ricotta, were both amazing, the dough was cooked to perfection. Less is more with pizza and this was truly the case. Upon observation, all pizzas looked to die for! The crowd was diverse; families with young chldren, adults after work crowd and students from local college. Our server was outstanding! Will be back again and again when in Boulder!Special Features:
- Haute pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014I imagine that this is about as delightful a "pizza eating" experience as there can be. The pizza is rich in flavor, and the selections are well thought out. The service is attentive and thorough. I always leave there completely satisfied. If I praise it too much more, I won't be able to get a table, so let's just leave it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but some problemsWaltVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been to the Boulder Pearl Street location here a couple of times and really like the food, especially the charcuterie. The have a great wine list and a really nice selection of Italian wines by the glass. It's a bit noisy, but not too bad. Our service was good overall, but on our last visit, something was seriously wrong at the bar. Food services was spot on, but we really had to struggle to get our wine. Sometimes our wine orders were simply forgotten and we had to ask repeatedly for our wines. This was early (5:30) and the first time we have experienced problems of any sort here. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Pizza!kathyDined on 7/14/2014I love pizza (an embarrassing amount) and this was quite possibly the best pizza (and crust) I have ever had. I appreciated the authenticness of each pizza they offered. Our server was excellent at recommending both wine and appetizers as well. It is worth the drive to Boulder. I have now been to both the Denver and Boulder locations and Boulder is three times better than the fast food version in Denver.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/8/2014The pizza was great. All the ingredients used in the salad & pizza were very fresh . The types of pizza were creative & a welcome change. Perfect crispy crust.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2014Great food. Price and menu is especially good for the "happy hour", 4:30 - 5:30 daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and friendlyBoulderheartDined on 7/6/2014The best ingredients, service is perfect all around. Really creative, artisanal pizzas and salads. I live in NYC and visit Boulder frequently. This place is better than anything we have in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeggieFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very, very good and better than I remember! Maybe the should tell you they do not slice the pizzas. We remembered and it was no big deal, but the tables on each side of us seemed to be quire thrown by this.Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Lots of interesting choices, and the thin crust works well with gourmet toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date night!PattyjoVIPDined on 6/26/2014A great place for a fun evening in Boulder. Next time going to come sit at the bar. Pizza was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Outside of Italy!TyGuyDined on 6/17/2014Simply fantastic thin crust pizza. I have gone multiple times and enjoyed several different pizzas with quiet a few number of friends...and everyone says the same thing..."best pizza outside of the time I was in Italy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but great service and foodChuk121Dined on 6/7/2014Loved the food and service, but the volume needed to be turned down. Get reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 303 reviews are from the Pizzeria Locale reviews archive.
- nunavitDined on 5/21/2014The pizza is very Italian--a little soggy (that's a good thing) and moderately cooked, so that some of the cheese still keeps its form. I loved it, but I've always preferred the pizza from Italy over American-style pizza. The lunch special (half a salad a margherita pizza and a soda) is a great deal at $10.Special Features:
- Elevated pizzaHeavenlyPizzaDined on 5/8/2014Love Pizzeria Locale. Every bite of every course is delicious and just what you imagine delicious would taste with your eyes closed. The "altar to prosciutto" begs you to enhance your pizza just a bit more. More tables are needed - many more tables- and a larger outdoor space. I'd eat there every day, if I could. More classic Italian pasticceria would be welcome as they seem to have closed their espresso shop & added a private dining room. Those lovely pillows of pastry did not make it back onto the menu, sadly. Not much more to add to pizza perfection - it's simple, perfectly prepared, high quality ingredients delivered as in Napoli, but this is Boulder! And the wine pairings, olives, oils, meats & cheeses all elevate the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food perfectly yummy, our waiter beyond fabulous. This is our go-to favorite for perfect food everytime.Special Features:
- no words to describe how amazing!mikes4himDined on 4/26/2014My partner and I went to Pizzeria Locale for lunch. What an amazing time! We started with some GREAT appetizers.... some salad and the best saffron/mozzarella balls.... the salad was amazing, perfect flavors, perfect amount of dressing. We got one salad and shared it. It was perfectly coded and was the best pizza I have had in a LONG time... probably since we were in Italy! We then had the gelato for dessert and got coffee's to enjoy the end of the meal. It was such delight. Best of all, the service was TREMENDOUS! Our waitress was amazing and the rest of the team there went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and felt at home. I truly felt like an honored guest! We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Gem!CsturnerDined on 4/17/2014Great starter bites, great pizza! Server made an excellent wine pairing suggestion. My kids were given crayons and paper - and they brought an early pizza out for them. Loved this place and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapoointed...goodeatsDined on 4/15/2014I have eaten at Pizzeria Locale many times and it has never disappointed me. This time I brought a friend who had never been before and she was impressed. We went for lunch and I did notice it was not as packed as in the past. I ordered the Mais Mozzarella pizza which has prosciutto, corn and lots of garlic. It is my favorite and it was delicious. My friend had the Salsiccia Pepperoni which has peppers, onions and sausage. The manager (sorry I did not catch his name) was very helpful with the wine choice. I love the fact that the Boulder location is sit down. The Denver location is not form what I have heard.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Pizzeria LocaleJerryVIPDined on 4/12/2014I have eaten at Pizzeria Locale several times and generally have been happy with the restaurant and the food. However, on this most recent occasion, they refused to honor my OpenTable reservation. The excuse was they 'suddenly got a lot of reservations'. I'm not sure why this should have been a problem if they were managing their reservations. Service was also very slow. We did not see a waiter for at least 10 minutes after being seated.Special Features:
- Food was great. Ambience average.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Food was very good. Service was what I would get at any average restaurant. Not a place for a romantic date. Very small and tight, so not good for groups or parties.Special Features:
- Love this place!MikeMahonDined on 3/31/2014The service, food, wine list, desserts and ambience are world class! I take clients, friends, relatives and employees here as often as possible. It is our go to restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza EverTonyaDined on 3/28/2014Love everything about Pizzeria Locale! One of my favorite places to go any day of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizzaFooodyDined on 3/16/2014Outstanding pizza! Had four different pizzas at the table and we shared they all were delicious! Good bottle of wine! It was more than our pizza! Good time was had by all!Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014This place is always amazing. Great food. Truly unique. Amazing service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE LOVE PIZZERIA LOCALELoveLParkVIPDined on 3/7/2014This place is special. In fact, my husband just flew from SF for the night - knowing we had Pizzeria Locale dinner plans. Bottom line, I don't know how you could improve on this pizza. Everything offered is served to perfection. Our motto: Experience the wonders of Neapolitan style pizza - served-up on Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado, USA. We promise it will make your night. Signed, SF Bay Area fansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza in BoulderlarryVIPDined on 3/6/2014The pizza was absolutely amazing---probably the best we've ever had! our server was very knowledgable about the wine list and had some great recommendations. Lights are too bright in the space; need much warmer/lower wattage.Special Features:
- Molto Bebe!BeckyDined on 2/28/2014We LOVE this place and make a reservation every time we come visit our daughter at CU. Everyone loves it, so do call ahead. Fab pizzas, divine first course (meat balls and arancini are our favs), but it's all delicious!!!Special Features:
- Noisy and just OKVisitingBoulderDined on 2/15/2014It was SO noisy that we nearly had to yell across our table. That can add to the fun ambiance for some but it wasn't what we were looking for that night. The food was okay. We had a salad and shared a pizza. The pizza had nice flavor but was wet.Special Features:
- Mind blowing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014I can honestly say that I've never eaten anything better! This is not a "pizza place" this is a food experience! We shared a pizza and the octopus salad, they were phenomenal! The only reason I gave ambiance a poor rating was that we were sat by the wall where there is construction going on next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDrBobVIPDined on 1/11/2014We loved the appetizers, pizza and dessert. What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Nice Place, a little loudDougDined on 1/10/2014We went for happy hour. The happy hour menu is a little sparse for veggetarians, but the food was delicious. The staff was very friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating of my two small children. It was a good deal for happy hour, but I don't think I would go for dinner because the full priced pizzas average around $15 and they are kind of small. We escaped with a bill of $48, including tip, for 3 drinks, 2 pizzas, and an app. Somehow, during non HH times, I would bet my bill would be about $80 - for pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.