404 Academy Road
Winnipeg, MB R3N 0B8Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzeriagusto.com/
- Phone: 2049448786x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Eric Lee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Gusto
Pizzeria Gusto is an extension of my dinner table, where friends, family and loved ones gather together to share conversation, laughter, food and wine. The aroma"s, sight's and sounds are a constant reminder of centuries old Italian traditions, which instantly welcome you to the family. We believe that pizza is the perfect food. A blank canvas that has unlimited possibilities in both taste and texture. By using fresh local produce and authentic Italian ingredients your experience will surely have you saying "Bellisimo"! Our wood burning oven comes from Reggelo, 20 km from Florence. The Valoriani oven is hand crafted by a family of artisans that has been perfecting their skills for 5 generations. Its domed brick roof and 650 degree temperature is the perfect vessel for creating the perfect pizza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pizzeria Gusto - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Pizzeria Gusto reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (92)great for outdoor dining (73)special occasion (61)hot spot (58)notable wine list (51)good for groups (46)great for lunch (39)romantic (34)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- great food but not at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Not everyone wants to sit at the bar! I enjoyed the food very much but was very unhappy about being seated at the bar in front of the dishwasher. I did have a reservation and specifically asked to be seated at a table with my spouse on our special date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza = perfect, limited otherwiseDawneDined on 10/7/2014This resto is one of my favourites as I am a pizza lover. The combination of toppings offered is creative and the food is always cooked to perfection. Compared to other times I have been there though, last night's menu was extremely limited if you wanted something other than pizza or appetizers. We asked about it and our server agreed that the menu had been trimmed significantly. My husband wanted an entree instead of a pizza, but with only 3 items to choose from (all pasta dishes) didn't find one that appealed to him and felt that he settled for a pizza when he has always been happy with the selection of other dishes and dinner specials available. We enjoyed the food we ordered, hoping for more selection in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointed.LikegoodfoodDined on 10/7/2014Went for anniversary dinner. Was there a year ago and thought it was good then. This time disappointed. Not very friendly staff, appetizers were very small portioned. Got the Sophia pizza and way too many mushrooms. Drinks were over priced. And our chairs!!! The material was torn in my seat, actually every chair at our table had tears in them. I looked around and most of the chairs I could see were the same. Felt we did not get what we paid for. Would not return or recommend to our friends.
- Amazing PizzakellyDined on 10/4/2014I have been a couple of times but this is the first time I had the pizza, and I tried the one with potatoes and pine nuts. Holy cow it was good!!! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints.SuepeteyDined on 10/4/2014Pizzeria gusto is one of my favorite restaurants. I love the location and the food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceIndependentFishermanDined on 9/26/2014Impromptu date night with my wife on Friday the 26th of September. Delighted Pizzeria now takes reservations for small parties. Service was thoughtful, professional and unobtrusive. Was trying to decide between two wines by the glass and to my surprise was offered a small sample of each to help me. Food was prepared impeccably, in particular the Secondis: wild mushroom risotto, fettucine carbonara and spaghetti alla vongole. While other establishments offer similar preparations at lower prices and/or larger portions, the quality of the ingredients, preparation and service at Pizzeria Gusto is worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal and wineswayzeDined on 9/22/2014everything was amazing other then either the Americano or the dessert.we both felt nautious after but we did eat alot so were not blaming the food. the server was awesome and gave us free dessert because it was our anniversary and i had proposed at your restaurant two years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLen27Dined on 9/19/2014Such excellent pizza. Ingredients all taste extremely fresh. Servers very friendly and prompt. Only thing I dislike about the restaurant is that the seating is so tight/tables are all so close together that the noise level gets rather high. Either way! Still delicious and I recommend this restaurant to many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent atmosphere and pizza!alikatDined on 9/16/2014Had a lovely dinner here, we had someone with us who was hard of hearing and the inside dining is quiet loud. They were so nice and accommodating and set us up on the patio with a heater and some blankets in case we were cold. The food was amazing, probably one of the best pizza's id had in a long time. Crust was crispy and light, and the toppings were unique and delish. Service was attentive and kind and overall just a lovely evening. Will be back there soon!Special Features:
- invigoratingFoodie2ShoesDined on 9/16/2014I am always excited to go to Pizzeria Gusto because I know exactly what I am going to get and I am always excited to leave Pizzeria Gusto because it has always been a wonderful experience. I will always come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some deterioration noticedlivenearbyDined on 9/9/2014Over time it has become apparent that almost all the chairs have cracked and split fabric. The wall near our table needed repair. More attention to upkeep is needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best gourmet pizza in WinnipegYumYumDined on 9/9/2014By far the pizza here is the best gourmet in Winnipeg. Very tasty creative toppings, but also traditional choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I have been to Pizzaria Gusto 4 times. Awesome pizza and great service. Oh and I love their Tiramisu cake and excellent coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent pizza and great service. We tried the restaurant as part of our monthly WTF Dinner Club. Our group experience a new restaurant on a monthly basis and we were very pleased with this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerPabsDined on 9/2/2014Although this is not a burger restaurant, it's Burger Week in Winnipeg and chef, Eric Lee, decided to participate with his special recipe. We split the burger and salad as well as the Brussel Sprout appetizer. Both portions were large. The burger was great (Pancetta, lettuce, special sauce, cheese). Yummmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KdeezynerDined on 8/30/2014The noise level was far too high. Could not hear each other at the same tableSpecial Features:
- Great food/service,Noise level highWpgcoupleDined on 8/30/2014Service is attentive. Food is great, especially the wood fired pizza. I wish the wine and beer list included other than Italian brandsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - pricey winePuffinqueen1Dined on 8/29/2014Our food was excellent. The beet salad and pizzas were well prepared and very tasty. The pizza crust was light and fluffy and the toppings were fresh and cooked to perfection. Our service was also very professional and friendly. The dessert was also scrumptious. We found the wine to be really expensive at $17 a glass. That was quite a shocker. Our bill for dessert and wine was almost as much as the salad and 2 pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had lunchHuggsDined on 8/29/2014food was good - first time for guest with me - expensive for a lunch - no specialsSpecial Features:
- Dining choicesOutsidedinerDined on 8/28/2014I, in future, will be specific about where I would like my party to be seated. I made the reservation far enough in advance thinking I would get a prime table on the patio. Instead we were seated inside and at one end of the communal table! I was very disappointed as were my friends. We did end up on the patio once one became vacant and I thank the staff for making it possible. I will be very specific about my seating preferences in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014We love Pizzeria Gusto! They have such a great atmosphere. We sat out on the patio during this visit but have sat in the restaurant and even up at the bar. Which is fun to watch the pizzas being made and coming right out of the pizza oven. Such a wonderful evening spent with family enjoying wine and pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teanieDined on 8/26/2014Food was good It was too expensive though for such a small pizza Wish you could get a side salad with the pizza... Couldn't afford to get a whole salad with my pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbelievable serviceDatenightDined on 8/22/2014We went to Pizzeria Gusto to experience "real" pizza in winnipeg and we left knowing we will definitely go back. Food was amazing. ..the service was fantastic! Every single person in that restaurant made you feel like they appreciated you dining there and they all seemed genuinely happy to work there. They made small talk, explained the ovens, refilled your glass without you even noticing. We thoroughly enjoyed our "date night" away from the kids and look forward to our next visit Thank you for a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ALoAnDined on 8/20/2014Great food! Great Service! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I have been to Pizzeria Gusto many times and it has never disappointed. My only thought is that the chairs are starting to show age which takes away from the ambience somewhat. Other than that, food and service are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzas are great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Pizzeria Gusto is a excellent restaurant located within my neighborhood. Pizzas and salads are outstanding, same as desserts. Look for italian wines!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeeeelicious!!BernamDined on 8/18/2014Cesar salad was phenomenal. Brussels sprouts weren't as roasted as I expected... Seemed like they were boiled or steamed. Calamari was definitely better than battered deep fried versions. Romesca was a bit on the salty side. The Don was too meaty for me, but my other guests enjoyed it very much. Regina was ah-mazing! A little surprised my 9oz of quadri was poured all into the glass - at other restaurants they have small decanters to reserve 3oz or so. Overall, once again, I thought the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysWpgfoodloversDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous food, fabulous high end service, innovative cuisine. New format for wine list with fewer wines than the 75 previously but still very good selection. Great spot.Special Features:
- Great foodNafrDined on 8/12/2014Great food and great service. No better pizza in the city and the chocolate torte with olive oil and sea salt is a must. Reservations highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so muchkaitikeDined on 8/12/2014I have been here a few times and although the food is excellent, I would have to say the service is sub par. Now the place was busy but that is just an excuse, if you are dropping a couple hundred dollars for dinner the least they could do is serve you promptly. Long waits for service, even between drinks as we spent over two hours in the restaurant and not because we wanted too but that was how long it took to get the food. Don't get me wrong, the people serving were very nice just not very efficient. The funny part was when the server came over to offer us a dessert and we passed, another person came over and promptly asked us if we could leave because they needed the table. Which was fine because we were done anywaySpecial Features:
- Excellent service!SandDDined on 8/9/2014Our visit to Pizzeria Gusto was made special by the great service! Our server was amazing! Thanks so much! Food was great! Beautifully plated! Absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Service was great, food was good, very loud noise level but that seems to be the norm todaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kfc2KFC1VIPDined on 8/8/2014The appetizers were outstanding and pizza spectacular. Best ever !!!Special Features:
- Food surpassed only by servicepadraigDined on 8/7/2014Gusto is always a great spot, not only because the food is delicious but because the staff are amazing. Our waitress, who has been with them for years, was absolutely delightful - always cheery, incredibly helpful with the menu choices and checking in enough without being overbearing. Gusto is always a win.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014It was our first time at the restaurant. We had a wonderful time. Would certainly not hesitate to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Not what we expected. We shared 3 different ones and only one was great which was a meat pizza. Typical pizza. The yolk on one of the others was cool!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceLucanDined on 7/29/2014This is a great place to enjoy pizza and wine, though there is no lower priced wine. Pizza choices are amazing and very well prepared and presented. Don't drop in though. We had a reservation and still had to wait a bit.Special Features:
- Always excellent!BandDdinedhereDined on 7/24/2014We shared a pizza (the Lucia, our favourite) and a caprese salad. The caprese is the the best we've had at any restaurant. The service was welcoming and attentive. As usual, we sat at the counter and watched the chefs prepare dozens of pizzas, readying them for the wood-fired oizza oven. They are amazing. Finished our meal with Cafe Americanos.Special Features:
- Pizzeria Gusto is awesome!LuveditDined on 7/23/2014It was my first time at Pizzerio Gusto and it was much better than I anticipated. Our waitress was fabulous: friendly, knowledgeable and funny. The noise level seemed a little high when we first walked in but once we were there for awhile it didn't bother us at all. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Perfect Weeknight SpotMomcatDined on 7/23/2014Excellent food and gorgeous patio makes for a nice mid-week retreat with a friend. The specials were excellent and inventive, with so many wonderful options, it makes it hard to decide! Service is attentive without being obtrusive giving you time to choose, dine and visit with your other party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.