2504, Notre Dame Ouest
Montreal, QC H3J 1N5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.geppettopizza.com/
- Phone: 5149033737
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Pizzeria Geppetto
Situé dans le voisinage du marché Atwater, Geppetto est une petite pizzeria proposant de délicieuses pizza cuites au four à bois, pâtes et menu du jour. C'est dans une atmosphère conviviale et confortable que vous aller goûter des plats sans prétentions et d'excellentes qualité. Farine biologique et fromages directement importés d'Italie. Located near the Atwater market, Geppetto is a small pizzeria proposing delicious thin crust pizza cooked in a wood burning oven. We use organic unbleached flour for the pizza, extra-virgin olive oil and beautiful cheeses from around the world. Geppetto is also offering you pasta, daily specials and a extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzeria Geppetto reviews from OpenTable diners
- I was filled with anticipatoryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2013I was filled with anticipatory excitement about a really wonderful pizza and i was let down. It was passable but certainly not a standout.
- Good, far from greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2013We've been to Geppetto many times. This time was OK. My pizza arrived after having sat for a bit, and so was a little cold as my wife ordered a pasta. Surely, it was because the pizza waited for the pasta. That said, it would have been nice for the servers to be a little more attentive and actually ask us how the food was a few bites in. Additionally, when we sat down, on time for our reservation, they put us in a booth for 4, as it was the only table. It was great and comfy. We'd have felt special too, but they insisted that we be done by 9pm for the next reservation. They didn't need to, as we'd have been done sooner than 9 anyway, and they could have offered to move us to the bar for deserts/digestifs rather than making us feel rushed.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2013I was disappointed. I had been here twice before and the pizzas were very good but this time both my friend and I ordered two different types of pizzas and they were both fairly greasy and not that great (one was vegetarian and one had pesto and black olives). I loved sitting outside and the ambience is fun but I was disappointed in the food especially since I invited a friend that had never been there before and she was coming in from Ile Perrot. Not sure I'll go back.
- pricey for pizzafraisevanilleDined on 5/18/2013My friend and I were seated towards the back of the restaurant, he on the banquette and I was seated in the chair. Wait staff were coming and going behind me and each time hitting the chair which was very annoying. We had to ask to be moved and the only places available were at the bar, even though most of the restaurant was empty except for two tables of 6 or 8 people. The pizzas were good but a bit expensive for what you get.
- Make reservations!DTR13Dined on 5/17/2013Neighbourhood gem best describes PIzzeria Geppetto - (upscale) great food, great staff, personalized attention and I really appreciate the experience every time. The restaurant is next to the Corona Theatre and on show nights it can be quite full until 7:30-8 PM, and perhaps a bit noisier than usual. As for their 'notable wine list', I am not an expert but I do appreciate a decent wine: they select their wines carefully, have a good selection by the glass and even better on the wine list, and I always have felt that it is money well-spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodMontReviewDined on 5/16/2013I've eaten here quite a few times and the food is always great. The pizzas are thin and crispy, with plenty of toppings. I always have difficulty choosing my pizza because they all look so good. The choice of toppings are imaginative but authentic and the Pizza of The Day is always worth a look. I only eat pizza here but my partner often has the pasta and says it is really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2013The food, service and ambiance were alright. Overall, it is a pretty casual place. Maybe a bit pricey for the experience. The "escargots" appetizer was great! I appreciated being able to order wine in different formats (375 ml, 500 ml) since a full bottle would have been a bit much for the occasion. The place is pretty noisy. It will not keep me from going back, it is simply something to consider when choosing to go there. The decor is cute and the terrace is a good spot to dine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic octopus salad andAmd43Dined on 4/26/2013Fantastic octopus salad and the best thin crust pizza outside little Italy. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great pizza. Perfect localOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Great pizza. Perfect local place to eat with friends.Special Features:
- Yet again a wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013As always my friends and I had yet again a wonderful meal at Geppeto's. This time we strayed from the usual pizza and salad and were pleasantly surprised. The pasta with shrimp calamari etc. was excellent. Also, our server was very pleasant and had knowledge of the wines being featured and bar drinks.Special Features:
- Great betOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013Was very pleased with food and service. Great wine list with several good affordable options. Nice variety if pizzas, I wanted to try several. Ended up sharing 3 different types with my table. Nice atmosphere, very busy on a Thursday night. Reserved the night before and had no issues. Even increased the reservation size on the same day. Didn't have the dessert option we wanted. That was the only negative comment to a very nice evening. Will go backSpecial Features:
- Too pricey for pizza I couldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Too pricey for pizza I could make better, cheaper, at home. Very lovely place, though.Special Features:
- Real Tuscan pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013Some of the best pizza and pasta I've had outside of Tuscany. They sometimes have fresh buratta, and their basil and herbs are always fresh. They have some quirks - there's an escargot if the day - which I love. They stock a good collection of French and Italian wines and some very nice ones are available by the glass. They do bring in new wines - so the list is never stale. You will need a reservation - especially on Fri through Sunday. Truly I had given up on finding real Tuscan pizza but this place delivers the experience!Special Features:
- Tables trop tassées. PasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Tables trop tassées. Pas d'intimité sauf sur les banquettes. Dommage. C'est bon, le service est excellent et il y a une excellente carte des vins.Special Features:
- Awesome neighborhood pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013Awesome neighborhood pizza place! Some of the appetizers are to die for, and over 5 visits so far, we have yet to be dissapointed by any of those we sampled. Great food, EXCELLENT service. Quickly became one of our favourite restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- I found the prices to be aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013I found the prices to be a bit on the high side for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Pizza with styleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2013Great woodover pizzas with creativity from the chef. Great wine list. Very hip atmosphete. Have gone many times ans i was never disappointed.Special Features:
- Horrible 1st Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013I had a horrible first-time dining experience at Pizzeria Geppetto. From beginning to end. Upon my arrival, there were only 2 ppl dining in the whole restaurant, I said "table for 2" and the Host said "Well, do you have reservations?" I said , Yes, as a matter of fact I do, Jason Ha****. The host says, "You're Jason?? Oh, the person who called on the phone sounded like a girl". I thought he was kidding... so I laughed, but he kept a straight face. He then continued to antagonize me by saying "are you sure it wasn't your girlfriend that called?" I was shocked. I light of not wanting to make a scene because I was out with my lovely girlfriend looking for a nice evening, I said, "YES. I am sure. Does Jason sound like a girls name2u?Special Features:
- I had changed the time fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013I had changed the time from 7:30 to 9 earlier that day. When we arrived, they didn't have my name in the system because I had changed the day to the following day by accident. They found a table for us. Sweet. Appreciated.Special Features:
- Went for dinner on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/23/2013Went for dinner on a Saturday night and was greeted immediately and seated within 60 seconds. After placing our order, then food arrived (complete and correct) in, easily, under 10 minutes. Everybody enjoyed the food...the only issue was the price. For pizza and pasta, spending almost $175 for 4 (including 1/2 litre of wine) seems a bit steep...but definitely worth another visit.
- We were literally chased outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013We were literally chased out of our table after 75 minutes even though we had made a reservation. this was quite a disappointment. Food is delicious, too bad the staff is less pleasant. Seems to be a discrepany with Open table reservations and it makes for a rushed and stressful experience in a setting that should be laid back....Special Features:
- So after making a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013So after making a reservation online in the "what's available tonight" section at 6:30 for 8pm...We got to the Pizzeria to find out they had not updated their reservation book to reflect opentable.com latest bookings. This was quite frustrating, the greeter than proceeded to ask me to show him proof of my confirmation. Which I did. He then told me my party (of 2) could not be accommodated even though there were free tables because the second sitting sitting was at 9 pm (it was currently 8:15). I assured him we would be out by 9:15 as we were going to a show, he wouldn't budge. Needless to say, This was all quite frustrating...
- Neighbourhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013It is my neighbourhood favorite, the staff is pleasant and accomodating, the food is consistently good and the wine selection is well chosen and varies from time to time.Special Features:
- We were told to leave aferOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013We were told to leave afer our meal, because our table was reserved for another couple... We stayed. The waitress was very impolite and arrogant when we didn't want to leave. The food is o.k., but not not worth the money. I will never go again, we were treated like numbers.
- Although it was a snowy SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2013Although it was a snowy Sunday night, this restaurant had quite a few tables and a great atmosphere. The menu is extensive, and the pizza's didn't disappoint. The only down-side was the service. I kind of felt we were annoying the waitress simply by being there. She would call over to the table as she was punching in another order if we were ready to order, and it took quite a bit of time to get water and drinks. We waited about 10 minutes after sitting down before she even came over once. I'd recommend this restaurant to friends, with the side-note of not to expect much of the service.Special Features:
- The service was great (FelixOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The service was great (Felix was the server). Noise got perceptibly louder - keep music lower, it's all too much. All in all very pleasant and good food.Special Features:
- Simply as usual, DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Simply as usual, Delicious pizza with great beer and whine + very good service.Special Features:
- I think that this is one ofspikeDined on 12/1/2012I think that this is one of the best pizza places in the city. I had a Diavola and my wife had a Rustica. Both were excellent. The wine is a bit too pricey.Special Features:
- would have loved to have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/1/2012would have loved to have had a warmer, crispier crusted pizza. the pizza was delicious but not hot & a little soggy. everything else was special (burrata salad, grilled octopus)- can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Not as good as I anticipatedEMacDined on 11/30/2012I have been to Gepettos several times and have always had a great experience and we had guests in from out of town and wanted to show them how great the place is. This time, however, the pizzas really lacked flavour and the service was bad; not what I had anticipated. The appetizer was excellent and the ambiance is great, but when the server stops listening to you half way through your order (and then brings you the wrong pizza), doesn't even notice that you haven't been served water until the main course and overall is impersonal with his interactions with your table, it's a bit disappointing.
- First time there and we allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012First time there and we all loved it! Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- delicious pizza, lot's ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012delicious pizza, lot's of options. The pizzas are the perfect size for one person and are easy to share with your friends. the wood oven is definitely a plus. Pretty small place so don't forget to make a reservation. Last time I went the service was very slow, the place was full, maybe they were understaffed? the tables are really close to each other so I didn't check the romantic box but if you get a small table by the window it could definitely be a nice date spot. If the place is full there's always the option to sit at the bar. the burgundy lion is literally right next to it you can finish the night with a good beer. I didn't try the wine but they seemed to have a pretty good wine menu.Special Features:
- A fantastic restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012I noticed on the menu, they use organic, non-bleached flour to make their pizza. They also use a wood oven to bake the pizza. They prepare everything on the spot so you can ask for an ingredient to be changed (which is what I did!). By the way, the apple "pouding chômeur" was delicious! And it smells so good in the restaurant due to the chef making the pizzas in the same room! The only little thing I didn't like was that I ordered a pizza with in-season grilled vegetables. Since it is Fall right now, I got zucchini on the pizza. They tasted OK but they were not cooked enough. Maybe if they were thinner, they would be more tender. That's my personal opinion. But overall, it is a fantastic restaurant which blew my mind and my friend's too!Special Features:
- The food was great. ClearlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2012The food was great. Clearly fresh ingredients are used. Great wine selection with a wide variety, particularly Italian wines. The restaurant was packed and as a result there was a backlog with respect to the cooking of the pizzas. Therefore, the wait time for our pizzas was a bit long.Special Features:
- Great pizza !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012I've been on a quest to find the best pizzeria in MTL and I have to tell ya, I think I found it.. They got a great pizza..Special Features:
- We thourougly enjoyed ourOlidexDined on 10/6/2012We thourougly enjoyed our meal. The polpete and and antipasta starters were great & the pizzas were fantastic. Best part of the evening was the waitress - she recommended a great bottle of wine & was great! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- The table by the window inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The table by the window in the front was not good. Felt the cold draft from the door and window. The burrata was great, meat lovers pizza not so much. Good wine selection with good price varietySpecial Features:
- Night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Limited menu but pizza was delicious. Salad starter delicious. Good service and good location! Restaurant was " hoppin" Only drawback - too noisy:(Special Features:
- NoiseSevagDined on 9/27/2012I enjoy the food and service. Although it's a small restaurant, it gets extremely noisy at lunch time. The space needs some sound absorbing surfaces to dampen to noise. The only reason I sometimes hesitate going to Geppetto is because of the noise which makes it hard to carry a conversation.Special Features:
- It was the second time tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012It was the second time trying this restaurant and it's still pretty bad. Pizzas are blend and depressing, service is poor and the prices are above average for this quality.