Pizzeria Da Lupo
2525 Arapahoe Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizzeria Da Lupo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzeriadalupo.com/
- Phone: 3033966366
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Ashlea Tobeck
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine Bar
A word from Pizzeria Da Lupo
The recipe is simple. Pizzeria da Lupo serves delicious wood-fired pizza and seasonal dishes in a comfortable, unpretentious setting. Beer, wine, and spirits are available.Continued
"...the best pizza crust going in Boulder."
"...the best pizza crust going in Boulder."
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizzeria Da Lupo reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good pizza for me althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2012Good pizza for me although the boyfriend thought it needed more basil on the margarita. The shaved brussel salad is surprisingly good. Look at the wine prices before you order that (admittedly nice) bottle of Chianti though!Special Features:
- Probabaly the best pizza indiscerningdinerVIPDined on 4/22/2012Probabaly the best pizza in colorado. The crust is thin, crisp, but chewey. Wonderful tomato sauce - just a great pizza. Ate outside - would've liked it better if it wasn't in a strip mall and would suggest removing the "bicycle lock" from the patio chairs and tables -- but definitely would go back, the food was great.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed PizzeriaFrequentVisitorVIPDined on 4/21/2012We thoroughly enjoyed Pizzeria Da Lupo. The pizza is baked in a wood-fired over and it is simply delicious. The chef shows some imagination; these aren't mass produced pizzas. The restaurant is not large but it is very attractive inside. Service is fast--pizza cooks quickly at 800 degrees. I feel like I have found a great new spot for an easy dinner whenever I visit Boulder.Special Features:
- Good pizza, cheap good wineAlessioVIPDined on 4/20/2012The $15 "happy hour" wine bottle is a plus. The pizza is fairly good and less pricey that the one at Frasca.
- Great Authentic Italian PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012Authentic Italian (thin crust) pizza fired in a wood oven. We enjoyed every part of our experience.Special Features:
- terrible loud music- hardboilingVIPDined on 3/25/2012terrible loud music- hard rock but pizza is very good
- Great restaurant with amazingmj415Dined on 3/2/2012Great restaurant with amazing food. Our server was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and had a great attitude. Ambiance was great and just an overall pleasant experience. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- I'm hesitant to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012I'm hesitant to write this because I want to keep this place a secret, but they deserve to succeed. Great Neopolitan-style thin crust pizza made with simple fresh ingredients. The lunch and happy hour specials here are a great deal and even on a Friday night it wasn't jammed and you can actually hear what your fellow diners are saying - a rarity in Boulder. Service was friendly and attentive. The individual pizzas are quite large - we were hungry and 4 would have been enough between the 5 of us.Special Features:
- I will invite more friendsGwinter2013Dined on 1/5/2012I will invite more friends to try Pizzaria da Lupo now that two of us have enjoyed the variety of dishes - and gluten free options!
- Great pizza, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2011Great pizza, good service even on Christmas Eve! Brussel Sprout salad is excellent. They weren't bothered by my little boy running around. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Outstanding Pizza and ServiceFrenchie1974Dined on 12/15/2011Excellent quality ingredients is what sets this Pizzeria above the others we have tried in Boulder. The service is friendly, warm and welcoming. There are creative salads and other small dishes such as polenta with roasted mushrooms. The Pizza is perfectly cooked in the wood burning over and the crust itself is just delicious. Tender yet crispy and not soggy. We were thrilled the pizzeria was voted #1 Pizza in Boulder and this is our #1 Pizza destination in Boulder.Special Features:
- Awesome dough, little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/7/2011Good menu and plating, the dough is superb. Great use of EVOO and we like the brussel sprout salad, the burrata, and of course all the pizzas. Great happy hour. Small yet cozy. Limited bar but enough to get you the wine & beer you need (2 taps). Anything larger than 4 and you want to book a res on Open Table for sure. Nice to sit at the kitchen bar to eat.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a 7pmQuickBiteVIPDined on 11/18/2011My husband and I had a 7pm reservation, which I highly recommend. By 8 pm, however, walk in seating without a wait was available. We sat at the small bar to watch the food prep. Ordered their version of caprese and special margarita (sp?) pizza, both were very good and out within 10 minutes. Only complaint is we got sausage on our pizza instead of the pepperoni we had ordered. Our server was highly apologetic. He was fantastic. We will be back.Special Features:
- Authentic?? You bet!!!ColoradoDinerPeteVIPDined on 11/18/2011Having just returned from Italy, we craved the authentic taste of pizza "done Italian style". To me that means thin crust, lots of olive oil,and high quality flavorful toppings. I am pleased to report Pizzeria da Lupo qualifies on all fronts. Clearly home made ingredients, prepared with care and served by a friendly, attentive wait staff, this place works all around. My only complaints were it is REALLY LOUD in there, and they are so busy that we felt a little rushed, but hey, when there are 25 people waiting around for a table on friday night, you can hardly blame them for rushing. So, if its gooped up pizza served on a thick crust with loads of roppings, you can avoid this place - if it authentic pizza you're after, get in line!!Special Features:
- The only notable thing aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/30/2011The only notable thing about this restaurant was that it was far too expensive for average-tasting pizza, limited menu choices, and some of the worst service we've had in the past five years in Boulder!!
- Best Pizza in Boulder!!Frenchie1974Dined on 10/13/2011Excellent Neopolitan style pizza from a wood burning oven with the best quality ingredients. Salads are imaginative and also of the best quality ingredients and reflect the seasons. The wine list is short, well priced and selected to accompany the menu flavors and prices. Service is warm, friendly and attentive. This is our favorite Pizza in Boulder and some of the best you can find outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Great pizza. Best in Boulder.MikeDVIPDined on 9/28/2011Great pizza. Best in Boulder. Simple wine list with good, appropriate selectionsSpecial Features:
- Ordered Margherita. Very littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Ordered Margherita. Very little cheese so the tomato sauce is overwhelming. Asked for more cheese on the next pizza and had to pay $2 extra (it's not even on the menu). Cant feel the basil at all b/c they use long strips of it that essentially get burned, instead of chopping small and blending in. The dough is great, very good, but why do they burn it at the bottom? Service was fair- no refill of cups, very basic. Place is extremely noisy- even the waitress had hard time hearing us.
- Decent but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2011This is a small pizzeria. The pizza were good, although the size and shape of each was very inconsistent. The salads were not great. The major issue with this establishment is that the food is fine, but the pricing is quite high in the range of Pizzeria Locale downtown, but it just simply is not comparable in execution to that pricey but exceptional place.
- Good, casual pizza withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2011Good, casual pizza without a ridiculous wait. Will return there.Special Features:
- Very good pizza and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011Very good pizza and service. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2011Everything we had was excellent! Wonderful pizza and appetizers. You cannot go wrong with anything you order. My favorite pizza was the Bianca...white pizza topped with arugula. Yummy!Special Features:
- Tough crust, overcooked cheese,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2011Tough crust, overcooked cheese, not on par with Basta
- Authentic food and setting,KurtisckDined on 5/28/2011Authentic food and setting, totally yummy, charming serverSpecial Features:
- Great pizza, crust is reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2011Great pizza, crust is really delicious. Simple pizzas stand out, especially non tomato-based.Special Features: