69 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzarteny.com/
- Phone: 2122473936
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Downstairs: 11:00am - 10:45pm; Upstairs: 11:30am - 3:00pm, and 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: Subway -
F train to 57th Street station, walk towards 55th Street on 6th Avenue, turn left on 55th Street.
B,D,E trains to 7th Ave. station, walk towards 6th Ave. on 53th Street, turn left on 6th Ave, walk toward 55th Street and turn right on 55th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Car garages at corner of 6th Avenue or middle of the block on 55th Street.
A word from PizzArte
Refined yet inviting, PizzArte is designed to be a showcase for authentic Neapolitan cuisine and contemporary art. Our mission is to offer Neapolitan cooking and pizzas prepared with extreme attention and professionalism using simple, high quality ingredients in accordance with the finest culinary traditions of Naples. The choice of imported Italian ingredients combined with the tremendous abilities of our chef and master pizza maker results in a culinary level that can be defined as artistic expression. PizzArte provides its guests with a welcoming setting where delicious food is combined with the opportunity to reengage with painting. Our restaurant and gallery aims to spread appreciation for authentic regional cuisine as well as the works of talented contemporary artists, bringing art into an everyday setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PizzArte reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (19)good for groups (14)late-night find (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- jskpDined on 9/18/2014I love the Mediterraneo salad - light and delicious! This time had the grilled calamari and a friend had the tuna tartare - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My next door neighborcathygripVIPDined on 9/9/2014I live just a few doors down from PizzArte and it is my go to for an upmarket Pizza experience. The wine list is good and the service is always helpful, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good..but not Pizz ArteludhDined on 9/8/2014Nice restaurant, but we did not find the wow surprise form a specialized pizza- Italian place . Simple flavors and we missed crunchy dough in pizza. Not expert in Minestrone soup, but I remember it with more flavor and tomato based.Special Features:
- Amazing PizzagourmetgirlNYLAVIPDined on 9/7/2014Crispy crust, flavorful sauce and just the right amount of cheese. You feel like you are in Italy, great service by charming Italians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good pricekazkomolafeDined on 9/7/2014PizzArte had a varied menu, including seasonal options, which I really appreciated. The only drawback was the awkward bar seating. It made conversation slightly stilted as we craned our necks in an attempt to see each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmingDiningManVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was overpriced and nothing to write home about. Service was as cold as the food. Atmosphere was nice with art throughout the restaurant (all for sale). Like how they support local artists. Won't be going back.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014This is a pizza joint. But they have great pasta dishes. Overall, very good food and service. Real Italian people own this Plc. So, teste is authentic Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014booked reservations because it had good reviews and very close to hotel... and not on Times Square. Great food, great staff.. friendly greeting. We were early.. no problem. Would definitely recommend and dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gluten-free pizza!lynn3Dined on 8/26/2014We had to go gluten free two years ago (due to celiac) and my kids so miss having good pizza. We were thrilled to find Pizzarte and we make it a destination whenever we're in New York.Special Features:
- Loved PizzArte!SnoopyDined on 8/26/2014We had a large group with visitors from out of town and we had a wonderful experience. We were seated near a large window with a nice view and we did not feel rushed at all. The wait staff was so friendly and accommodating. The pizza is authentic just like they make in Napoli! The chef, servers, and manager all spoke Italian so we knew we were in for a true Italian dining experience. This was a great find in Midtown.Special Features:
- Gluten free GemOliviaVIPDined on 8/25/2014Amazing gluten free pizza - best I've ever eaten and I have been a coeliac a long time. Thank you so much! Am now a regular customer.Special Features:
- Best pizza ever!TeatimedVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is our third time at PizzArte and it never disappoints! The food is just delicious and the service impeccable. I always make a point of going there every time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Thumbs up!UsTheFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014Great Pizza! The best. Really good service, waiters are really friendly. Real italian.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I've been there several times - but during the week and my friends and i loved it. This time i made a reservation for a Saturday night with my husband on open table and when we arrived they did not know if they had a table to us. They did not even act nice about it. Then squeezed us in upstairs (which i requested) - very loud and the service was poor to say the least. I understand a trendy hip place, which can be loud - that's fine, but the waiters gave our food to someone else then took it off the other table and gave it to us, i felt like they were rushing us. When i asked for merlot the waiter jumped at me by saying "we do not have a glass" - kind of fresh. All i can say is they were not "nice".Special Features:
- Great lunch spotdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely lunch. The service was wonderful and we had a lovely meal. We were able to fit in the whole experience during our lunch hour.Special Features:
- Very good!MagitDined on 8/11/2014Outstanding food in a very nice ambience. Nice service. Price over $50.Special Features:
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heat305Dined on 8/9/2014Pizza was great the fish was good and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backEBdiningVIPDined on 7/28/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Staff was friendly and entertaining. Drinks were creative and not watered down. Food was fresh and on point. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Expensive et note really tastyJeffDined on 7/26/2014We took 2 quatro formaggio pizzas not really tasty We found the price really expensive regarding others italian restaurants in NYC such as Teodora in the 57th streetSpecial Features:
- Great pizzaMaxOsloDined on 7/23/2014We want there late one Thursday evening. Great service, lovely pizza, nice drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- itpelawVIPDined on 7/18/2014Terrific food and very helpful staff. A great place to go before City Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishBMacDined on 7/12/2014Came here for lunch with my teenage kids pre show. They wanted pizza and I wanted upscale NYC cuisine and service - PizzArt delivered! The salads and pizzas were top notch and service very elegant. Wish they would have gown my son butter for the bread when he asked but other wise everything was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gluten-free pizzaEditorDined on 7/10/2014Hard to tell it's even gluten-free. Would like to know their recipe.Special Features:
- Luvgr8fudVIPDined on 7/10/2014Authentic Italian food. Servers engage you right away speaking Italian. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Awesome Italian pizza and service. Do go! And this comes from someone who lived 29 years in Sao Paulo :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjaredDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant is listed as "kid friendly" but I wouldn't put it in that category. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was fantastic, but it didn't feel like a place to take rambunctious children.Special Features:
- Delicious, but lackluster serviceBobbyDined on 6/30/2014This neighborhood Italian restaurant was less than a block from our luxury hotel. The ambience was modern and sophisticated yet very comfortable. Our server had a thick Italian accent and was charming and helpful. We ordered a bowl of minestrone, a specialty salad and a pizza to share. The food was excellent! Service was not consistent, however. We were given prompt attention when we first arrived, but as we finished eating and were waiting for dessert menus, we noticed our server was sitting nearby, eating his own meal and completely ignoring us. Eventually we had dessert and coffee and then had to wait quite a while to receive our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza!LunapienafanDined on 6/29/2014Perfect crust! Fresh ingredients, perfect seasoning.Special Features:
- Great pizza!SCanadianDined on 6/27/2014We had pizza here and it is really outstanding. Nicely charred from the wood oven and with great toppings. However service was distraught and we were not asked about drinks when we got the menu and we didn't receive any bread. The servers were uninterested and seemed over-worked. Let's hope this was a bad day. We'd go again for the pizza though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza midtown westDefuniakVIPDined on 6/27/2014This place really has amazing pizza. I bring co-workers and clients all the time and we've never had a bad meal. Service can be a bit slow at times and the servers can be forgetful - they are always apologetic when anything is mentioned.Special Features:
- Food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Came here for brunch with the family and a few kids. Service was good and everyone including the kids enjoyed the food. In my opinion, the octopus is a must, wish the portion were bigger. We ordered it twice!Special Features:
- Pizza was outstanding!ddamataDined on 6/21/2014If you're looking for authentic Napoletan pizza, PizzArte is authentic as they get. Chewy crust, great quality toppings. Don't miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably priced NYC choiceBetsy1224VIPDined on 5/31/2014We ate here with 5 adults,a a 6 year old and infant. It's not easy to find a fairly priced dinner in the West 50's in New York City, especially one that accommodates the food preferences of a group like ours. PizzArte was a great choice as it offers pizza as well as a number of other foods at a cost that doesn't empty your wallet. While only one person, who had a pasta dish, raved about his/her meal, everyone else was satisfied with their order.Special Features:
- Good, not greatNYCGIRTHNMIRTHDined on 5/26/2014It's a good respite from shopping on Fifth Avenue or a busy weekday lunch. The restaurant has pleasant decor and service and the food is adequate. Some dishes are even good. But it's not the haven of gourmet food some reviewers would have you believe.Special Features:
- The following 269 reviews are from the PizzArte reviews archive.
- Friendly ItalianMandyDined on 5/23/2014Ended up here after a visit to MOMA. Food was very good and service was very friendly. We had the calamari to start, portion was huge, and pizza and risotto as mains. Both were good.Special Features:
- FantasticoDavidVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a very enjoyable pre-theater dinner at this modern and welcoming spot. We started with the salumi & formaggi, which was pretty good, but nothing special. The insalata di frutti di mare on the other hand was fantastic. The octopus and cuttlefish were super fresh and tender and simply prepared to take advantage of those facts. We followed with some pizzas, which were expertly cooked with a nice blister to the light and chewy crust - don't miss the Tartufata, which is redolent of black truffle. The service was prompt and attentive without being over present. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizzaiheartfoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great pizza - Davide is an excellent server - great service - love this place. Lots of gluten free options.Special Features:
- near Carnegie Hall & City CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014Dining near Carnegie Hall and City Center-- good food and good service. Prices reasonable-- pizzas good for sharing with a shared salad. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLJD785Dined on 4/28/2014Try the maccheroni and baccala prime course. It's like Christmas eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaJessDined on 4/21/2014The pizza here is excellent - the dough is very fluffy and light, and there are some creative toppings (e.g. brussel sprouts, butternut squash) without the menu going over the top. It's pricey and the service is very matter-of-fact, but an enjoyable meal because of the food.