69 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzarteny.com/
- Phone: (212) 247-3936
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Downstairs: 11:00am - 10:45pm; Upstairs: 11:30am - 3:00pm, and 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: Subway -
F train to 57th Street station, walk towards 55th Street on 6th Avenue, turn left on 55th Street.
B,D,E trains to 7th Ave. station, walk towards 6th Ave. on 53th Street, turn left on 6th Ave, walk toward 55th Street and turn right on 55th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Car garages at corner of 6th Avenue or middle of the block on 55th Street.
A word from PizzArte
Refined yet inviting, PizzArte is designed to be a showcase for authentic Neapolitan cuisine and contemporary art. Our mission is to offer Neapolitan cooking and pizzas prepared with extreme attention and professionalism using simple, high quality ingredients in accordance with the finest culinary traditions of Naples. The choice of imported Italian ingredients combined with the tremendous abilities of our chef and master pizza maker results in a culinary level that can be defined as artistic expression. PizzArte provides its guests with a welcoming setting where delicious food is combined with the opportunity to reengage with painting. Our restaurant and gallery aims to spread appreciation for authentic regional cuisine as well as the works of talented contemporary artists, bringing art into an everyday setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PizzArte reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (32)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)romantic (8)special occasion (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great for lunch before MOMA visitOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/24/2014pizza had that chewy crust like all good napoltana pizzas do! Spinach salad with beets and mango was simple and delicious. Loved the dressing of mustard, orange juice me olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 11/22/2014We did a girls day out with lunch and then Radio City Christmas Show. A friend recommended PizzaArte. We had a great lunch and a nice long table on the second floor. The staff was very attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back and recommend to anyone that will be in that part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backNYCgirlDined on 11/21/2014We went to this restaurant because of the numerous gluten-free items on the menu. When we sat down and tried to order, however, our waiter told us that all the gluten-free items had been sold out. (This was only 8pm.) We asked how that could possibly be the case and the waiter sent over a manager who said that actually, the shipment of gluten-free items had just not arrived that day. So two different stories and in neither case did we feel that they were really apologetic and they did not offer to comp us a drink or anything else even though we told them that we had chosen to eat there because of the gluten-free options supposedly offered. We ended up staying because we were already seated and it was cold outside, but I would never go back there again.
- Wonderful Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014Delicious pizza and authentic tasting primi and secondi dishes. Felt like I was in Naples!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliziosoRenRyDined on 11/5/2014My daughter & I chose Pizzarte for our last night NYC. It's a lively restaurant, bustling w/ patrons so I'd recommend a reservation as it is a quite a small place. Portions are quite large (for we 2 ladies anyway) so we shared a salad & pizza. The Spinaci salad was wonderful & Rustichella pizza, even better! I indulged in the Fiat martini, which if you like gorgonzola stuffed olives, you will love this martini! Fantastic! We would definitely visit Pizzarte again.Special Features:
- A trip to Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2014Once again, Pizza Arte lived up to it's usual standard of excellent food and great service! We had limited time to dine that evening and our waiter got us out in time without feeling rushed. The food was excellent and also the wine recommendation. We love dining at Pizza Arte when in Midtown.Special Features:
- LulufoodieDined on 10/30/2014Food is always fresh. Wait staff very friendly. Has a nice vibeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & art lovers !BBQatBlueSmokeDined on 10/30/2014Excellent thin crust gourmet pizza and pasta that any foodie or pizza lover would appreciate. Great find in midtown west locale/ neighborhood. Good wine list too. 1F bar counter is great for solo lunch or dinner !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014always amazing. great food, wonderful wine selection, a midtown favorite.Special Features:
- A new level of pizzaJackVIPDined on 10/22/2014A fabulous experience, a NYC tradition when it comes to pizza. But this was even more. As their name promises, PizzArte is dedicated to the artistry to food in general and pizza in particular. Even the wall art is outstanding. When you dine there, you feel like you're part of something very special. Out waiter was perfect. He paid attention to detail but never insensitive to our privacy when we needed it. The Sophia pizza is out of this world - fried then baked crust. Fresh, fabulous and fun. And the prices were very reasonable, in any market. We hated to leave.Special Features:
- DisappointedNJlitaDined on 10/20/2014Although the various types of pizzas on the menu sounded amazing and reminded me of my recent trip to Italy, I was so disappointed when I received my margherita pizza. The pizza was poorly cooked- bottom of the pizza was soggy from the sauce. I also thought that the pizzas were way overpriced, especially considering the size and the quality. I honestly don't know where all of the positive reviews came from. I will NOT be going back.
- best salads and pizza!AnnieDDined on 10/19/2014We needed a good but casual lunch spot for 8 near the MoMA. PizzArte was perfect. We sat by the front window and had a wonderful lunch of salad, pizza and Peroni! High recommend. Get the Eduardo pizza and the arugula salad. Delicious!! Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodJADJKDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was excellent. He helped up in ordering and he explained how the food is prepared. The BEST pizza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLJD785VIPDined on 10/2/2014I have eaten here 6 times, and I have no complaints...just praise for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Welcoming!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014On our first night in New York, we wanted something simple and close to our hotel, but interesting. PizzArte was a great choice. We made reservation, by had to wait a few minutes for our table. The manager introduced himself and offered us two complementary glasses of prosecco. The have us a nice table in the front window from which we enjoyed complementary olives, bread and oil. All very nice. We ordered pizza and a salad. Simple but so delicious. The salad was arugula with shaved Parmesan. All ver fresh and flavorful. The brick oven pizza was amazing. Again, fresh authentic ingredients all marvelously assembled. I would cerainly recommend this place. Nothing dance, but solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindGlutenHaterDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic food, excellent service. Plenty of gluten free options. Loved every bite of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time, not last!Jimc352Dined on 9/25/2014Everyone was so friendly! Super passionate about their food. Try the personal pizzas, we were back in Italy on the first bite! Reasonable pricing, great spaghetti and sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown findletotherscookVIPDined on 9/19/2014Located near MOMA and not far from some theaters and Lincoln Center Jazz, this is a very pleasant spot. The food is good and, for the area, reasonably priced, and the service was excellent. We sat upstairs and it was not terribly noisy. There's fun art on the walls that adds to the simple, clean ambience. All in all, a great choice for lunch or dinner.
- jskpDined on 9/18/2014I love the Mediterraneo salad - light and delicious! This time had the grilled calamari and a friend had the tuna tartare - excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My next door neighborcathygripVIPDined on 9/9/2014I live just a few doors down from PizzArte and it is my go to for an upmarket Pizza experience. The wine list is good and the service is always helpful, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good..but not Pizz ArteludhDined on 9/8/2014Nice restaurant, but we did not find the wow surprise form a specialized pizza- Italian place . Simple flavors and we missed crunchy dough in pizza. Not expert in Minestrone soup, but I remember it with more flavor and tomato based.Special Features:
- Amazing PizzagourmetgirlNYLAVIPDined on 9/7/2014Crispy crust, flavorful sauce and just the right amount of cheese. You feel like you are in Italy, great service by charming Italians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good pricekazkomolafeDined on 9/7/2014PizzArte had a varied menu, including seasonal options, which I really appreciated. The only drawback was the awkward bar seating. It made conversation slightly stilted as we craned our necks in an attempt to see each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and UnderwhelmingDiningManVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was overpriced and nothing to write home about. Service was as cold as the food. Atmosphere was nice with art throughout the restaurant (all for sale). Like how they support local artists. Won't be going back.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014This is a pizza joint. But they have great pasta dishes. Overall, very good food and service. Real Italian people own this Plc. So, teste is authentic Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014booked reservations because it had good reviews and very close to hotel... and not on Times Square. Great food, great staff.. friendly greeting. We were early.. no problem. Would definitely recommend and dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gluten-free pizza!lynn3Dined on 8/26/2014We had to go gluten free two years ago (due to celiac) and my kids so miss having good pizza. We were thrilled to find Pizzarte and we make it a destination whenever we're in New York.Special Features:
- Loved PizzArte!SnoopyDined on 8/26/2014We had a large group with visitors from out of town and we had a wonderful experience. We were seated near a large window with a nice view and we did not feel rushed at all. The wait staff was so friendly and accommodating. The pizza is authentic just like they make in Napoli! The chef, servers, and manager all spoke Italian so we knew we were in for a true Italian dining experience. This was a great find in Midtown.Special Features:
- Gluten free GemOliviaVIPDined on 8/25/2014Amazing gluten free pizza - best I've ever eaten and I have been a coeliac a long time. Thank you so much! Am now a regular customer.Special Features:
- Best pizza ever!TeatimedVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is our third time at PizzArte and it never disappoints! The food is just delicious and the service impeccable. I always make a point of going there every time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Thumbs up!UsTheFoodiesDined on 8/22/2014Great Pizza! The best. Really good service, waiters are really friendly. Real italian.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014I've been there several times - but during the week and my friends and i loved it. This time i made a reservation for a Saturday night with my husband on open table and when we arrived they did not know if they had a table to us. They did not even act nice about it. Then squeezed us in upstairs (which i requested) - very loud and the service was poor to say the least. I understand a trendy hip place, which can be loud - that's fine, but the waiters gave our food to someone else then took it off the other table and gave it to us, i felt like they were rushing us. When i asked for merlot the waiter jumped at me by saying "we do not have a glass" - kind of fresh. All i can say is they were not "nice".Special Features:
- Great lunch spotdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely lunch. The service was wonderful and we had a lovely meal. We were able to fit in the whole experience during our lunch hour.Special Features:
- Very good!MagitDined on 8/11/2014Outstanding food in a very nice ambience. Nice service. Price over $50.Special Features:
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heat305Dined on 8/9/2014Pizza was great the fish was good and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the PizzArte reviews archive.
- Can't wait to go backEBdiningVIPDined on 7/28/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Staff was friendly and entertaining. Drinks were creative and not watered down. Food was fresh and on point. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Expensive et note really tastyJeffDined on 7/26/2014We took 2 quatro formaggio pizzas not really tasty We found the price really expensive regarding others italian restaurants in NYC such as Teodora in the 57th streetSpecial Features:
- Great pizzaMaxOsloDined on 7/23/2014We want there late one Thursday evening. Great service, lovely pizza, nice drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- itpelawVIPDined on 7/18/2014Terrific food and very helpful staff. A great place to go before City Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishBMacDined on 7/12/2014Came here for lunch with my teenage kids pre show. They wanted pizza and I wanted upscale NYC cuisine and service - PizzArt delivered! The salads and pizzas were top notch and service very elegant. Wish they would have gown my son butter for the bread when he asked but other wise everything was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.