Pizza Rock - Downtown
201 N 3rd St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizza Rock - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzarocklasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7023850838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily - 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am.
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Gemignani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pizza Rock offers a Private Dining Room that accomodates 30 guests. This Private rooom has it's own 70" TV, sound system, and lighting.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Smith 7023850838
- Entertainment: Pizza Rock offers Live music from 11am-3pm every Sunday during Acoustic Brunch. An exclusive brunch menu is available as well as $10 bottomless mimosas and sangria.
- Cross Street: Ogden
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet is available at the Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino, which is located directly across the street from Pizza Rock. The Downtown Grand's parking garage is available to Pizza Rock guests as well where you can receive a $2 off validation at the restaurant with purchase.
A word from Pizza Rock - Downtown
Taking pizza to the next level, Pizza Rock was born from the creative minds of three best friends: George Karpaty, Tony Gemignani, and Trevor Hewitt. Combining George and Trevor's nightlife expertise (Ruby Skye, San Francisco) with Tony's pizza making expertise (11-time World Pizza Champion, Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco), Pizza Rock is pizza artisan meets nightlife energy. This is not your traditional pizzeria. We are excited to bring this unique concept to Downtown Las Vegas. Pizza Rock features gourmet pizzas in a variety of styles, hand-crafted artisan cocktails, an extensive wine list, and over 30 craft beers on tap and in bottles; all served up in an artistic and energetic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pizza Rock - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pizza Rock - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great PizzaTHECOSVIPDined on 9/15/2014Worth the trip. The award winning Margarita and El Italia both live up to the hype. And dinner will not cost you an arm and a leg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place to go before broadway showcregan7305Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had heard about Pizza rock from our son. so we decided to invite him and his beautiful fiancée before broadway show kinky boots last Saturday evening. I love that downtown is being revitalized so wanted to try Pizza rock out. What makes it so great is that it could be a place for date night or bring your family or meet your friends. Service was great, food good. We will make this a regular place to visit when we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We have dined there twice already and have enjoyed splitting a Gluten free pizza with a salad with my wife. The sauce and toppings are excellent.Special Features:
- Upscale pizzaRNJESSICAKDined on 9/12/2014I had been wanting to go here for a while & finally did. We made a last minute reservation. Parking was a breeze on the street at meters. We were seated immediately. Service was, also, great...nothing above & beyond, but we never had to wait for anything. Food was great & I would like to try more. The only think I didn't enjoy was the meatball appetizer...very bland and meat was WAY over worked. We were there on date night, but it seemed much more conducive to smaller groups for a fun night out...very crowded & very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like Pizza ROCKS!StreetlampLeMooseDined on 9/12/2014Reservation was for 4 people, Friday at 6, got there seated straight away. It was pretty quiet around this time, usually I am there after 8pm when its a fair bit noisier and darker. We had the pizza that has 3 pizzas in one.. We got the II (again) its soo good! We had our 2 year old with us and she loved the pizza of course. Great service, and we will keep coming back! Thanks Pizza Rock!Special Features:
- Great food !!!!Bk11237Dined on 9/8/2014Service was quick courtesy and food was Great !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 9/8/2014The hostess at the desk was rude and did not listen to what we said. That's OK, as the food and server made up for overall impression of the place. Food and service great. If you get rid of that individual a customer has to see and talk to first upon entry to this place, it would be a lot better place to dine!Special Features:
- Great Combo Pizza, Beer, ServiceOkiecpleDined on 9/5/2014Food was fantastic as was the beer selection. Excellent service. Love the location and will definitely be back, with friends. Make a reservation if visiting on the weekend.Special Features:
- Great PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014The Pizza was great! The menu is pretty extensive and features various pizza styles from regions around the country/world. They even note how the different pies are made (temperature and cooking system). The place is a very welcoming and open environment. It is a bit noisey - think good for groups, not annoying. We ate on the early side and there were many families with younger children. Based on the music and the decore, I have a feeling the later scene is really fun! I would definitely go back - especially with a large group. The beer list was impressive - and Sarah, our serve, was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTNyaraiiDined on 8/17/2014I read Las Vegas weekly last week and it stated Pizza Rock was good. We decided to check it out, and it was one the BEST pizza we ever had. Las Vegas weekly got it right this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rock overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This pizza spot was not as good as anticipated. The waitress was very pushy to get our order, but very slow to deliver and not able to tell who ordered what (party of 4). Ordering a second round of wine was so slow, we only got it as we were getting ready to leave. In addition, the sound track was so loud, conversation was very difficult.
- New favoriteSwannyDined on 8/15/2014Very unusual and unique pizzas. Expensive and very tasty. Large, interesting menu and needed server assistance to interpret some things. Flavors and ingredients were excellent. Could have been hotter in temp. Will definitely return to sample more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza rocksgoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great pizza, I love the thin charred crust & hi quality toppings, especially the Cal-Italia. The service was good, very kid friendly. Atmosphere was good too, but for some reason the concept doesn't rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotLuv4boysDined on 8/10/2014Loved the ambience. Great service. Unfortunately, pizza crust came out burnt, blackened. We asked if that was okay. Kitchen server told us that was the style of the pizza? Didn't have time to send back to kitchen so we ate the middle portion of the pizza that was not scortched. That was very good... Table server apologized when she noticed our plates full of burnt inedible pizza crust. We appreciated her acknowledment versus "that is the style of the pizza." Plus, provided a local resident discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The pizza was ok, not worth the prices you are paying. 23.00 for a small pizza in a crowed very loud restaurant is a bit much. The service left something to be desired. Our waitress was less than attentive. We had to ask passing wait staff for things that we needed.
- Best pizza in Vegas!HereOnBusinessDined on 8/8/2014Took my team of 8 there for dinner. Amazing selection of pizza, in all styles with a plethora of flavors. Beer selection is good for Vegas (I'm from the Pac NW so, I'm picky). If you love pizza, it's worth the cab ride to Freemont for this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rocks in TastePartyOf7Dined on 8/3/2014Even though group arrived at different times we were seated in a timely manner. The 18wheeler and the TV everywhere were a nice touch. The bartender I will call Pippi Longstocking (because her hair was in ponytails) saved what would have been a less than ZERO stars for service. Over the course of 90min the water glasses were filled one time and drinks had to be ordered from the bar. I hope the waiter that served us is able to find better employment where his “catty” attitude may be of a better use. Once the servers’ attitude was brought to the Managers attention, at the end of the evening, he was apologetic and did make it right by our party. I would give them another chance if the server we had is not onsite.Special Features:
- YUM!jevince97Dined on 8/2/2014We have 1 cheat day a week, and we always choose this place! IT ROCKS!Special Features:
- EnergeticBeersnobDined on 7/29/2014Great food. Lengthy list of beers. Music was a little loud but we could still hear our table talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to be!pizzarockDined on 7/27/2014Great food, great ambiance...the wait staff was terrific! As for the food, best Calamari I've had anywhere! Oh, and you'll love the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to DowntownTastyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Best variety of pizzas in Vegas because of the different ovens. Great for groups who can't decide on thin crust or extra crispy, ricotta or extra mozzarella. Specialty pies are creative and satisfying. Good salads, appetizers, and cocktails (eating at the bar and watching sports is fun). Menu for kids, as well. The room is very loud, but overall, excellent dining.Special Features:
- VegasfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014We Went for Sunday Brunch. Without question, this chef deserves all his accolades. The breakfast pizza crust was incredible, and the Hollandaise sauce on the Benedict one of the best I've ever had in LV. Can't wait to try his regular pizza menu.Special Features:
- Fun placeJenn7KevDined on 7/25/2014Good food, great service. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rock- Las Vegas2LabloveDined on 7/20/2014Make a reservation if you are going in the evening, it was really busy. We were seated fairly quickly because of the reservation however we waited over 20 minutes for a server to take our drink orders. I actually had to flag down the hostess and tell her that no one had come to our table yet. The hostess promptly went and found someone to help us. The food and beer were amazing and we would definitely go back next time we are in town. The only other complaint I have it that the music was loud, almost too loud. I couldn't hear my husband who was sitting right next to me.Special Features:
- Love TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Love this pizza joint, been to a few different Tony Gemignani restaurants and love them all. Pizza Rock is a huge location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just great pizzajoluvscardsVIPDined on 7/19/2014Pizza rock has something for everyone. Terrific happy hour. 3 big meatballs for $3. many different pizzas. The ones we have tried have all been good to great. Good service and fun atmosphere. Great salads too.Special Features:
- A great find.AnneBDined on 7/5/2014Fantastic food with lots of different choices of pizza, plus other menu options. Great staff who were helpful and enthusiastic. A great find amongst the rather cheap and tacky restaurants downtown.Special Features:
- just AVERAGE!LarrrBearrrDined on 7/3/2014Gorgonzola & Apple salad, with candied walnuts & dried cherries, was VERY GOOD! Although, I thought the 'award winning' Margherita Pizza was OVER RATED and just AVERAGE! The tomatoes were watery...making the center crust soggy :(Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Pizza Rock - Downtown reviews archive.