Pizza Rock - Downtown
201 N 3rd St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizza Rock - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzarocklasvegas.com/
- Phone: (702) 385-0838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily - 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am.
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Gemignani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pizza Rock offers a Private Dining Room that accomodates 30 guests. This Private rooom has it's own 70" TV, sound system, and lighting.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Smith 7023850838
- Entertainment: Pizza Rock offers Live music from 11am-3pm every Sunday during Acoustic Brunch. An exclusive brunch menu is available as well as $10 bottomless mimosas and sangria.
- Cross Street: Ogden
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet is available at the Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino, which is located directly across the street from Pizza Rock. The Downtown Grand's parking garage is available to Pizza Rock guests as well where you can receive a $2 off validation at the restaurant with purchase.
A word from Pizza Rock - Downtown
Taking pizza to the next level, Pizza Rock was born from the creative minds of three best friends: George Karpaty, Tony Gemignani, and Trevor Hewitt. Combining George and Trevor's nightlife expertise (Ruby Skye, San Francisco) with Tony's pizza making expertise (11-time World Pizza Champion, Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco), Pizza Rock is pizza artisan meets nightlife energy. This is not your traditional pizzeria. We are excited to bring this unique concept to Downtown Las Vegas. Pizza Rock features gourmet pizzas in a variety of styles, hand-crafted artisan cocktails, an extensive wine list, and over 30 craft beers on tap and in bottles; all served up in an artistic and energetic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Pizza Rock - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pizza Rock - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (62)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (38)late-night find (32)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (21)special occasion (13)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Loved it here. Fun, good pizza.DC11SDCADined on 11/25/2014The pizza was really good! Also the manager was very friendly and visited with us for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for coming to Vegas!AtwaterDined on 11/23/2014A great spot, GREAT pie, GREAT service, and a list of beer that can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Overall, the experience was good. Food is delicious and the music videos they play are great, but our server seemed to rush us along. She did not give us very much time to look over the menu and was constantly asking if we were ready to order. Two different drinks (beer, wine) that were ordered, the restaurant was out of. (This was a Saturday night)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmc1006Dined on 11/20/2014Great find off of Freemont St! Amazing pizza and the price is right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely lives up to the hype!JVegasDined on 11/14/2014Discovered Pizza Rock by accident, reading an article on the top pizza's in the US. Upon arrival, you're greeted by a vibrant, high energy atmosphere. from the full bar to the food selections, you're covered in every way. We ordered the Margharita- the award winning, limited number made per day and it was intense. You can easily taste the difference the Italian flour and high end ingredients come together in the crust- not too heavy and doesn't make you feel stuffed. Along with a Frank Nitti pizza, chicken parm, asparagus, arugula salad, and desert, this is one of the more memorable destinations for a fun delicious evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- floppy tasteless expensive Margherita pizzaExpectbetterthanhomecookVIPDined on 11/12/2014My title above sums up the experience. I can't believe the hype and this restaurant is a perfect example when dining becomes a concept and not a place to have a great meal. How did this pie ever win an award? They even have a picture of it next to the oven. The flavors should have sparkled and the crust should have been crusty moist yet flaky with a touch of the wood burn flavor. We also had a gorgonzola apple salad, combo calamari and "moretti"beer battered artichokes, a beer and soda. All overpriced bar food that was better than the award winning pizza. The menu and hype makes one want to try the other pizzas on the menu but after this experience I won't be coming back with friends or family, or recommending Pizza Rock. I really hoped to have a different experience, too. Staff were plenty busy as the place was packed and there was some disjunction between the arrival of food and beverages. The restaurant is doing very well it appears based on tourists coming for the hype I guess, or people who dont know good food.
- Service & food good, butLovepizzaDined on 11/8/2014Our server was great only have one call out if you order two pizzas an need to take home both, ask the server to place in two separate pizza boxes to go. Our server placed my Margarita Pizza on top of my husband's and it ended up sticking to the top of the pizza box. I only ate 2 slices so I had 3/4 of pizza left and it was ruined had no left overs and the pizza was $26.00 that I wasted!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, dismal servicephxfreshDined on 11/6/2014We came here for dinner for my husband's birthday. I informed the hostess that we were expecting a friend as a surprise and that it was my husband's birthday. The table was set up to include tableware and a menu for the surprise guest (quite a tip off) and while waiting, our server asked if we were expecting another person. Thankfully, my husband was still surprised by our guest but our server did nothing for his birthday! The food was delicious and we were seated right away, thanks to making reservations through Open Table, the two saving graces that would bring me back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Hands down, the best pizza I have ever had. I can now die happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!SeekdogDined on 10/30/2014Probably the best pizza we've ever had! Superb! I would definitely recommend coming! You cab even make reservations onlineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!!TARAJDined on 10/25/2014We loved this spot so much we went back a second time and would definitely visit again! Food was great and you got a lot for your buck... thankfully the waitress recommended we share the Mac & Cheese b/c two of us couldn't finish it. The green beans were sooooooooo yummy!! Pizza was delish! The Peterbilt DJ booth was very cool... that's what brought us in after searching for a place near Fremont Street but it was the food that brought us back.Special Features:
- Pizza Rock Rocks!TheFabMrsPVIPDined on 10/19/2014We always have a good time when we go to Pizza Rock, the waitstaff is consistent and the food is so good. If you order the meatballs as an appetizer order the garlic bread also. The Calamari is great for sharing and we have yet to try a pizza we didn't like ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza and meatballs!sassyjarvDined on 10/18/2014I saw the owner on tv and knew I wanted to visit Pizza Rock on my visit to Vegas. The food exceeded our expectations. It was fresh and delicious. The meatballs rivaled the ones I had enjoyed at LAVO and the garlic and rosemary fries YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza and locationSnoozerNYCDined on 10/12/2014I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY. So I already know something about good pizza. Pizza Rock delivers on good pizza. They have a nice selection of different pies and my favorite is Cal Italia. It has nice blend of sweet and savory. It's something worth trying.Special Features:
- Unbelievable!pastaDined on 10/4/2014I am sad it took me so long to get in here as the pizza has changed my life for the better! Simply awesome pizza! Amazing when great fresh ingredients are used as the end result is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaChef0816Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the white wine clams and moretti battered fried artichokes for appetizers. We ordered and enjoyed the quail egg white rose potato guabciale and the New Yorker pizzas. Both were out of this world.Special Features:
- Great Food, Fun atmospherefoodieinLVDined on 9/27/2014This is a great addition to the rebirth of Downtown Las Vegas. We ordered some fried green beans which did not disappoint. Upon a recommendation from a friend, we ordered the margherita pizza, which was also scrumptous! The music is fun and the staff is very helpful and fun!Special Features:
- pizza rock rockstravelajDined on 9/25/2014had dined here once before and loved it. just as pleased the second time around and this group of friends really enjoyed the food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timedinaDined on 9/24/2014The food is so good from the apps to the pizza you cant go wrong!!!Special Features:
- No ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014Saw Rock Pizza on The Chew on ABC was under the impression the owner was on site and would show his skills in tossing pizza. Upon arrival was told he lives in California and is very rarely there very disappointed, and very misleading.Special Features:
- Pricey but oh so gooddinksDined on 9/22/2014Only change we would make is to have the sauce on the red top pizza over the entire top of the pizza. Otherwise very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSlaehn22Dined on 9/21/2014The variety of pizza choices are endless. I have searched all over Vegas for true Chicago style pizza. This is the only place that has it. Worth the drive every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pie but too much racketMildreda23Dined on 9/20/2014The pizza was exceptional! We ordered several different pizzas for a party of three. The Cali w/fig was outstanding, the Old Chicago was close enough to real Chicago pizza and brew was enjoyed by all. The noise level is a different deal. The adults ranged in age from twenty-nine to mid fifties. It was system overload via sensory receptors (sight and sound). Just ratchet it down one notch. It was a delicious dinner without being able to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Great PizzaTHECOSVIPDined on 9/15/2014Worth the trip. The award winning Margarita and El Italia both live up to the hype. And dinner will not cost you an arm and a leg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place to go before broadway showcregan7305Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had heard about Pizza rock from our son. so we decided to invite him and his beautiful fiancée before broadway show kinky boots last Saturday evening. I love that downtown is being revitalized so wanted to try Pizza rock out. What makes it so great is that it could be a place for date night or bring your family or meet your friends. Service was great, food good. We will make this a regular place to visit when we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We have dined there twice already and have enjoyed splitting a Gluten free pizza with a salad with my wife. The sauce and toppings are excellent.Special Features:
- Upscale pizzaRNJESSICAKDined on 9/12/2014I had been wanting to go here for a while & finally did. We made a last minute reservation. Parking was a breeze on the street at meters. We were seated immediately. Service was, also, great...nothing above & beyond, but we never had to wait for anything. Food was great & I would like to try more. The only think I didn't enjoy was the meatball appetizer...very bland and meat was WAY over worked. We were there on date night, but it seemed much more conducive to smaller groups for a fun night out...very crowded & very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like Pizza ROCKS!StreetlampLeMooseDined on 9/12/2014Reservation was for 4 people, Friday at 6, got there seated straight away. It was pretty quiet around this time, usually I am there after 8pm when its a fair bit noisier and darker. We had the pizza that has 3 pizzas in one.. We got the II (again) its soo good! We had our 2 year old with us and she loved the pizza of course. Great service, and we will keep coming back! Thanks Pizza Rock!Special Features:
- Great food !!!!Bk11237Dined on 9/8/2014Service was quick courtesy and food was Great !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 9/8/2014The hostess at the desk was rude and did not listen to what we said. That's OK, as the food and server made up for overall impression of the place. Food and service great. If you get rid of that individual a customer has to see and talk to first upon entry to this place, it would be a lot better place to dine!Special Features:
- Great Combo Pizza, Beer, ServiceOkiecpleDined on 9/5/2014Food was fantastic as was the beer selection. Excellent service. Love the location and will definitely be back, with friends. Make a reservation if visiting on the weekend.Special Features:
- Great PizzaAlexVIPDined on 8/22/2014The Pizza was great! The menu is pretty extensive and features various pizza styles from regions around the country/world. They even note how the different pies are made (temperature and cooking system). The place is a very welcoming and open environment. It is a bit noisey - think good for groups, not annoying. We ate on the early side and there were many families with younger children. Based on the music and the decore, I have a feeling the later scene is really fun! I would definitely go back - especially with a large group. The beer list was impressive - and Sarah, our serve, was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BESTNyaraiiDined on 8/17/2014I read Las Vegas weekly last week and it stated Pizza Rock was good. We decided to check it out, and it was one the BEST pizza we ever had. Las Vegas weekly got it right this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rock overhypedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014This pizza spot was not as good as anticipated. The waitress was very pushy to get our order, but very slow to deliver and not able to tell who ordered what (party of 4). Ordering a second round of wine was so slow, we only got it as we were getting ready to leave. In addition, the sound track was so loud, conversation was very difficult.
- New favoriteSwannyDined on 8/15/2014Very unusual and unique pizzas. Expensive and very tasty. Large, interesting menu and needed server assistance to interpret some things. Flavors and ingredients were excellent. Could have been hotter in temp. Will definitely return to sample more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza rocksgoldbloodedgrillerVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great pizza, I love the thin charred crust & hi quality toppings, especially the Cal-Italia. The service was good, very kid friendly. Atmosphere was good too, but for some reason the concept doesn't rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotLuv4boysDined on 8/10/2014Loved the ambience. Great service. Unfortunately, pizza crust came out burnt, blackened. We asked if that was okay. Kitchen server told us that was the style of the pizza? Didn't have time to send back to kitchen so we ate the middle portion of the pizza that was not scortched. That was very good... Table server apologized when she noticed our plates full of burnt inedible pizza crust. We appreciated her acknowledment versus "that is the style of the pizza." Plus, provided a local resident discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The pizza was ok, not worth the prices you are paying. 23.00 for a small pizza in a crowed very loud restaurant is a bit much. The service left something to be desired. Our waitress was less than attentive. We had to ask passing wait staff for things that we needed.
- Best pizza in Vegas!HereOnBusinessDined on 8/8/2014Took my team of 8 there for dinner. Amazing selection of pizza, in all styles with a plethora of flavors. Beer selection is good for Vegas (I'm from the Pac NW so, I'm picky). If you love pizza, it's worth the cab ride to Freemont for this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Rocks in TastePartyOf7Dined on 8/3/2014Even though group arrived at different times we were seated in a timely manner. The 18wheeler and the TV everywhere were a nice touch. The bartender I will call Pippi Longstocking (because her hair was in ponytails) saved what would have been a less than ZERO stars for service. Over the course of 90min the water glasses were filled one time and drinks had to be ordered from the bar. I hope the waiter that served us is able to find better employment where his “catty” attitude may be of a better use. Once the servers’ attitude was brought to the Managers attention, at the end of the evening, he was apologetic and did make it right by our party. I would give them another chance if the server we had is not onsite.Special Features: