Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
890 14th St.
Denver, CO 80202-1322Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzarepublica.com/
- Phone: (303) 623-2811
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and DInner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour Daily 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: George G. Eder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater for Lunch!! Bag Lunches start at $12 Per Person with a 50 person minimum.
- Entertainment: Please ask about our Wine Dinners! Featuring wines from a different region of Italy each month paired with a regional specific menu created buy our chefs. Reservations only for these events!
- Special Events: Let us plan your special event! We specialize in large events and cocktail parties.
A word from Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
Welcome to Pizza Republica! The word "republic" is derived from the Latin phrase res publica, which can be translated as "a public affair". In our eyes it helps define our hospitality and passionate culinary style. Quite simply, we don’t cook for us or our ego, we cook for and serve you. We strive to bring the rustic ambiance and fresh ingredient farm to table philosophy found throughout Italy, home to Colorado. We use the finest imported ingredients and century old artisan traditions to bring the definitive Neapolitan pizza experience to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (24)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Convenient and goodJoanneVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is quickly becoming our go-to place on nights when we are going to a play or concert at the DCPA. Food is great, service attentive and the overall ambience is nice. Love their pizzas, especially the crispy pancetta one. Wedge salad, pizza and a cocktail and you're good to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the real dealPeteMVIPDined on 11/22/2014Their pizza's were great - especially the sauce - and they were reasonably priced. Reminds me of a Pizza Bianco or Punch Pizza for those who have enjoyed neapolitan style pizza in other cities like Phoenix, Minneapolis, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The word must get out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/20/2014I had largely avoided Pizza Republica, because I had never heard anything really great about it. I don't understand why I hadn't! Everything was great, from the enormous wine list, to the service, and the food. Of particular note was the ridiculously good duck and fig pizza with arugula. Sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendsfdinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014During a recent stay in Denver that coincided with a frigid winter storm, we used Open Table to locate a restaurant in close proximity to our hotel. Pizza Republica was a short one block walk and overall had excellent reviews, so we decided to give it a shot. We were not disappointed. We had an appetizer - simple bruschetta with exceptional flavor, arugula salad, and pizza. Everyone in our party was delighted with the quality of the food. In addition, we enjoyed outstanding service courtesy of Eric. We will definitely return to Pizza Republica next time we are in the Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and fastfluffy123Dined on 11/8/2014Conveniently located near the DCPA, we chose Pizza Republica because it was the perfect place to dine prior to our event to see the Musical, Kinky Boots. Our server was fantastic, guiding us through what to order for our timing, bringing meals and the bill (we did not even have to find her to ask for it!) in a timely manner so that we would not be late to the show. Wonderful experience! Can't wait to do it again and Pizza Republica would be my dining choice as well!Special Features:
- happycamperDined on 11/7/2014This was a first visit and I was pleasantly surprised how great the food was. The name made me think predominantly pizza, however, the salmon was among the best I've had and the cannoli's were A+. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Large party steals appetizersdinerVIPDined on 10/31/2014Overall the food is good, however the kitchen and servers need to learn to serve the correct tables. We ordered 3 courses. Our salads came out first, which was strange, as we wondered where our appetizers were. We asked twice, and were finally told they were given to a large party in the private dining room. We were told our entrees would be out any minute and they could put in a new order for our appetizers. We were extremely disappointed; we didn't want the apps after our dinner. We ate our meal but didn't enjoy it as we were focused on the mistake and we really wanted to try the burrata appetizer the waiter recommended. I think the manager should have come over and apologized and we should have been given a coupon for another visit.
- Foodie pizza and a great wine listmaryc3dDined on 10/27/2014On my first visit I had a "white" pizza with grilled pearl onions, fennel sausage and garlic chips...and washed it down with a glass of Barbera. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. The food is delicious. The wine list is large, with many well priced wines by the glass. I went back for the duck with fresh figs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant All AroundbconradDined on 10/25/2014Have eaten here a few times and tired something new each time. Haven't gone wrong with anything! I love sitting outside and people watching. Great place to take in the city sounds and atmosphere. Very convenient if you're going to a show at the Covention Center or DCPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok. Outstanding dessertsIvantheterribleDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, nothing amazing but the desserts where incredible. The coffee is real Italian coffee! I recommend the espresso double after dinner. I read reviews about the noise but I had to confirm it by myself. The room in the back is way to loud, specially if there are big groups shouting. Fortunately the manager told them to be more quiet or to leave. The service was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Staff and management took great care in making sure my daughter's birthday dinner was extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisynamelessVIPDined on 10/3/2014Good food and wine list. Service was erratic. The appetizer finally came after being told the first time that it was "on its way" 20 minutes later and arrived about 2 minutes before the entree. We would go back but not at 5:30 on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Fuel up before GABFOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great location next to the Convention Center. A group of use enjoyed dinner before heading over to the Great American Beer Festival.Special Features:
- ros1Dined on 9/20/2014The food was very good, our waitress gave us some great recommendations. The wine list is extensive and something for everyone on the menu. The prices are very reasonable, Our waitress offered great service, the atmosphere is very sophisticated yet comfortable. We were headed to the theater and this will become a regular spot.Special Features:
- Good PizzadkirnDined on 9/12/2014Caesar salad was good - tons of garlic, but tasted good (just need a few breath mints afterward). Rustica pizza was good and sauce was nice and spicySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoayble lunchgus2gusVIPDined on 9/8/2014Delicious Pizza, Neopolitan style, and great service! Four of us had a wonderful lunch and the restaurant is comfortable and modern with areas of comfortable dining for lunch. I will definitely be back to try other pizza combinations. I would recommend this restaurant for any casual lunch.Special Features:
- Pizza Republica - downtown funKatieVIPDined on 9/1/2014This restaurant is great! George is an amazing owner and really knows how to put together wonderful meals. This is even better than the one down in the LandMark - although that is good also! Best pizza and salads - pastas too. And the cannoli's are WONDERFUL!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodReviewerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The burratta is a must, served with roasted garlic and pappadew peppers. Muscles with slightly spicy red sauce and clams with calabrese peppers also excellent. Don't let them take the dishes away, because you'll want to dip your crusts in the sauces. All of these were served with grilled bread that they happily refilled. Pizzas did not disappoint. They use "00" flower for their crust, which is cooked rapidly in a wood-fired oven, which makes for a really good Neapolitan crust. Toppings are high quality.Special Features:
- Great PizzaBriarichVIPDined on 7/31/2014The pizza here is VERY good, and so is the beer. The place is conveniently located next to the theater, so you can get in and out in quick order. Service was also good and not rushed.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown reviews archive.
- Love the placeBchanelprice29VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food is fantastic, the place has a good vibe to it. William and the staff there are excellent. New favorite for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindlrizzDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent, service attentive. Very nice and unpretentious atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good MealPhageDined on 7/15/2014This is a great location for convention or theatre goer's. The food options are unique, not weird. Whether it is salad, appetizers or pizza you will be happy with your choices. Our group enjoyed friendly servers, good food and they got us out in time for the curtain.Special Features:
- Great lunchTheaterBuffDined on 7/12/2014Stopped for lunch before a matinee at DCPA, and this place was perfect! Close to the theater, great wine and delicious pizza. And the service was friendly and attentive. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014The meatball sandwich was amazing, and the burrata was truly exceptional!Special Features:
- MJPricyVIPDined on 6/6/2014LOVE the wine list and servers who really know thief stuff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014I have walked by this place many times after seeing shows at the Denver Center. Had tickets to the Colorado Symphony Saturday night and made reservations here before the concert. Terrific pizza, great service (from someone who really seemed to enjoy what she was doing), and plenty of time to make the concert.Special Features:
- Great pizza, great patio!HongKongPhooeyVIPDined on 5/27/2014We ate at Pizza Republica after a friend told me about their Tuesday night Buy One Pizza Get One Free special. Cecily, our server, was super nice and made great recommendations. We started with the burrata, which was amazing. With a glass of pinot grigio it was a great way to unwind on the patio after a long day at work. We shared the Rustica and the Giacomo pizzas. My girlfriend got the Giacomo gluten free and she said it was the best gluten free dough she's ever had. I'm no gluten free expert but I tried it and it was really good! They also have pasta and entrees so we'll definitely be back to sit on the patio and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneVIPDined on 5/23/2014Some of the best pizza we've had in Denver! And the beet salad was great, too! It's an excellent spot for dining before going on to a play or concert in the Denver Performing Arts Complex. Waitress asked if that's where we were heading, and made sure our order wasn't delayed.Special Features:
- Frustrating nondiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014Our family of 4 thought this would be a good place to go for a quick meal before a 7:30 Sunday night play at the DCPA. Got there at 6:20 (having warned them there and in our reservation that we had a play and thinking that an hour would be enough time to order and eat.) We were seated quickly but by 6:45 still had not even received drinks or put in an order. So we had to leave realizing that if and when we put in an order and received our meals we wouldn't have time to eat and get to the play on time. Very frustrating.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2014After a wine tasting, my friends and I decided that a great pairing with it would be some decent Italian food that wasn't too pricey and had a nice atmosphere. We chose Pizza Republica because of its decent reviews, and were gravely wrong. We should have known when we walked in on a Saturday night and there was only 2 other people dining. We asked to each get an order of the shells, to which our waitress said they were out of. We then asked for the steak, and she said that hadn't been on the menu for two years...but it was clearly on the menu in front of us. After a mediocre glass of wine and an overpriced house salad, the table next to use received the shells, even though they told us they were out. Overall miserable experience.
- Great pizza, fun environmentLittletonFoodieDined on 5/15/2014The waiter we had was quite knowledgeable about the extensive wine list, and very attentive to us. Always a fun spot when we're downtown! Great before a show at Denver CenterSpecial Features:
- Need PointsDenverdoesfoodwellDined on 5/14/2014Restaurants that participate in the Open Table reservations system should award points. If they do not want to do that, they should use some other reservation system. We wanted to try this restaurant and are glad we did, but we tend to avoid restaurants that don't fully participate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in Denver!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to Italy many times and Pizza Republica is as close as it gets. Outstanding pizza, crisp and smokey from the oven, stellar wine list, and a very knowlegable staff. Our server Rikki was awesome, can't wait to go back. Also, the best Tiramisu I have had anywhere.Special Features:
- Pizza delightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We discovered Pizza Republica shortly after they opened last spring. It is the perfect stop before a performance at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. Salads and great and pizza is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-DCPA dinner spotFoodfanVIPDined on 5/8/2014A good place for dinner before any theater district event. Restaurant handles groups very well. Offers pizza and so much more. I love the pear and arugula salad, the full size is easily shared with 3 or 4. If you order the tiramisu, plan to share with at least 4! Generous portion and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to eat herehappilydiningVIPDined on 4/29/2014The wood fired pizzas are wonderful. They have a nice variety on their menu and everything is always fresh and delicious. My only comment would be that the Caesar Salad while very fresh, was a little underdressed and needed extra dressing. However, our server (she was so friendly and attentive) brought me extra dressing right away, so it turned out to be a great salad which I really enjoyed. The brushetta was also very good and was wonderful since they charred the bread in the wood-fired oven first - yum! I am excited to go back and sit on their patio when the weather warms up a bit!Special Features:
- I would not recommend Pizza REpubcaMargeDined on 4/26/2014Pizza was fa too doughy, very little topping on the pie and it was served luke warm.Special Features:
- BitesyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Very friendly and helpful servers. Very interesting menu and delicious foods. Interesting pizzas such as four-cheese or duck and fig, or build your own. Pizza could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Great dining before the TheatreDaveDined on 4/16/2014We wanted to have a great Italian experience and we were not let down. Fantastic wait staff, great wine selection and fun people watching from our table by the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went before a show at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014We went before a show at the Belloc theatre and it was a perfect location. I suggest you make a reservation as the place was packed. The food was fabulous as the wine list. We did have one person in our party that doesn't 'drink and the restaurant does not have any alcohol free beer or wine. That was a little disappointing . Valet parking is offered so we used it but it was along wait to get your car . Overall it was great experienceSpecial Features: