Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
890 14th St.
Denver, CO 80202-1322Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pizzarepublica.com/
- Phone: 303-623-2811x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and DInner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am -10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour Daily 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: George G. Eder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Please ask about our Wine Dinners! Featuring wines from a different region of Italy each month paired with a regional specific menu created buy our chefs. Reservations only for these events!
- Cross Street: Champa
- Public Transit: We are directly in front of the Light Rail stop for the Colorado Convention Center.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have valet parking Thursday 5pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm Valet is complimentary with a purchase of $50 or more, 7$ if less. Please see the host for validation.
We also have parking available in the Convention Center Parking Garage at a discounted rate of $4/2hours for all Pizza Republica Guests.
A word from Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown
Welcome to Pizza Republica! The word "republic" is derived from the Latin phrase res publica, which can be translated as "a public affair". In our eyes it helps define our hospitality and passionate culinary style. Quite simply, we don’t cook for us or our ego, we cook for and serve you. We strive to bring the rustic ambiance and fresh ingredient farm to table philosophy found throughout Italy, home to Colorado. We use the finest imported ingredients and century old artisan traditions to bring the definitive Neapolitan pizza experience to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (14)great for lunch (12)special occasion (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)romantic (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great PizzaBriarichVIPDined on 7/31/2014The pizza here is VERY good, and so is the beer. The place is conveniently located next to the theater, so you can get in and out in quick order. Service was also good and not rushed.Special Features:
- Love the placeBchanelprice29VIPDined on 7/28/2014The food is fantastic, the place has a good vibe to it. William and the staff there are excellent. New favorite for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindlrizzDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent, service attentive. Very nice and unpretentious atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good MealPhageDined on 7/15/2014This is a great location for convention or theatre goer's. The food options are unique, not weird. Whether it is salad, appetizers or pizza you will be happy with your choices. Our group enjoyed friendly servers, good food and they got us out in time for the curtain.Special Features:
- Great lunchTheaterBuffDined on 7/12/2014Stopped for lunch before a matinee at DCPA, and this place was perfect! Close to the theater, great wine and delicious pizza. And the service was friendly and attentive. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014The meatball sandwich was amazing, and the burrata was truly exceptional!Special Features:
- MJPricyVIPDined on 6/6/2014LOVE the wine list and servers who really know thief stuff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014I have walked by this place many times after seeing shows at the Denver Center. Had tickets to the Colorado Symphony Saturday night and made reservations here before the concert. Terrific pizza, great service (from someone who really seemed to enjoy what she was doing), and plenty of time to make the concert.Special Features:
- Great pizza, great patio!HongKongPhooeyVIPDined on 5/27/2014We ate at Pizza Republica after a friend told me about their Tuesday night Buy One Pizza Get One Free special. Cecily, our server, was super nice and made great recommendations. We started with the burrata, which was amazing. With a glass of pinot grigio it was a great way to unwind on the patio after a long day at work. We shared the Rustica and the Giacomo pizzas. My girlfriend got the Giacomo gluten free and she said it was the best gluten free dough she's ever had. I'm no gluten free expert but I tried it and it was really good! They also have pasta and entrees so we'll definitely be back to sit on the patio and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneDined on 5/23/2014Some of the best pizza we've had in Denver! And the beet salad was great, too! It's an excellent spot for dining before going on to a play or concert in the Denver Performing Arts Complex. Waitress asked if that's where we were heading, and made sure our order wasn't delayed.Special Features:
- Frustrating nondiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014Our family of 4 thought this would be a good place to go for a quick meal before a 7:30 Sunday night play at the DCPA. Got there at 6:20 (having warned them there and in our reservation that we had a play and thinking that an hour would be enough time to order and eat.) We were seated quickly but by 6:45 still had not even received drinks or put in an order. So we had to leave realizing that if and when we put in an order and received our meals we wouldn't have time to eat and get to the play on time. Very frustrating.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2014After a wine tasting, my friends and I decided that a great pairing with it would be some decent Italian food that wasn't too pricey and had a nice atmosphere. We chose Pizza Republica because of its decent reviews, and were gravely wrong. We should have known when we walked in on a Saturday night and there was only 2 other people dining. We asked to each get an order of the shells, to which our waitress said they were out of. We then asked for the steak, and she said that hadn't been on the menu for two years...but it was clearly on the menu in front of us. After a mediocre glass of wine and an overpriced house salad, the table next to use received the shells, even though they told us they were out. Overall miserable experience.
- Great pizza, fun environmentLittletonFoodieDined on 5/15/2014The waiter we had was quite knowledgeable about the extensive wine list, and very attentive to us. Always a fun spot when we're downtown! Great before a show at Denver CenterSpecial Features:
- Need PointsDenverdoesfoodwellDined on 5/14/2014Restaurants that participate in the Open Table reservations system should award points. If they do not want to do that, they should use some other reservation system. We wanted to try this restaurant and are glad we did, but we tend to avoid restaurants that don't fully participate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in Denver!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to Italy many times and Pizza Republica is as close as it gets. Outstanding pizza, crisp and smokey from the oven, stellar wine list, and a very knowlegable staff. Our server Rikki was awesome, can't wait to go back. Also, the best Tiramisu I have had anywhere.Special Features:
- Pizza delightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014We discovered Pizza Republica shortly after they opened last spring. It is the perfect stop before a performance at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. Salads and great and pizza is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-DCPA dinner spotFoodfanVIPDined on 5/8/2014A good place for dinner before any theater district event. Restaurant handles groups very well. Offers pizza and so much more. I love the pear and arugula salad, the full size is easily shared with 3 or 4. If you order the tiramisu, plan to share with at least 4! Generous portion and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Pizza Republica - Denver Downtown reviews archive.
- Love to eat herehappilydiningVIPDined on 4/29/2014The wood fired pizzas are wonderful. They have a nice variety on their menu and everything is always fresh and delicious. My only comment would be that the Caesar Salad while very fresh, was a little underdressed and needed extra dressing. However, our server (she was so friendly and attentive) brought me extra dressing right away, so it turned out to be a great salad which I really enjoyed. The brushetta was also very good and was wonderful since they charred the bread in the wood-fired oven first - yum! I am excited to go back and sit on their patio when the weather warms up a bit!Special Features:
- I would not recommend Pizza REpubcaMargeDined on 4/26/2014Pizza was fa too doughy, very little topping on the pie and it was served luke warm.Special Features:
- BitesyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Very friendly and helpful servers. Very interesting menu and delicious foods. Interesting pizzas such as four-cheese or duck and fig, or build your own. Pizza could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Great dining before the TheatreDaveDined on 4/16/2014We wanted to have a great Italian experience and we were not let down. Fantastic wait staff, great wine selection and fun people watching from our table by the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went before a show at theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2014We went before a show at the Belloc theatre and it was a perfect location. I suggest you make a reservation as the place was packed. The food was fabulous as the wine list. We did have one person in our party that doesn't 'drink and the restaurant does not have any alcohol free beer or wine. That was a little disappointing . Valet parking is offered so we used it but it was along wait to get your car . Overall it was great experienceSpecial Features:
- Loved the waiterMittensDined on 4/11/2014My girlfriends and I went to Pizza Republica for my birthday and before we went to see a show at the Convention Center. We were all looking forward to the yummy meatball sandwich. They changed their menu so it is now only on the lunch menu. Our waiter, Dominic, helped us make our own meatball sandwiches. We loved his personality and helpfulness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- downtown dynamiteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Waitstaff was fabulous, food was out if this world and sangria too. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!SaucyItalianVIPDined on 3/29/2014I'm Italian so I'm picky when it comes to eating Italian food. This place is awesome! Great pizzas, delicious salads and quality ingredients. Our waiter Ricky was the best server I've had in months. The place was packed at lunch but he had this amazing warm energy that made the whole experience even better! He answered our questions and had no problem with my specific order( dressing on the side, add chicken, blah blah). His positive can-do attitude made the whole experience that much better. Great food, great service, and a nice,clean restaurant create a 5 star Italian dining experience. I'll definitely be back!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014Our server was excellent! Very conscientious of our time and made some excellent suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizzaAimeeDined on 3/22/2014Having traveled to Italy a number of times, I often get frustrated with the quality of american made pizzas. Pizza Republica is a real gem! Thin crust Neapolitan pizza with crust that is both crispy and chewy--heaven!!! Also their bufala mozzarella is the genuine article, hard to find and so appreciated!! What a fantastic meal!! I was in the area for a conference--would love to have a Pizza Republica near me--will remember this meal for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great returning visitPsstDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I stay are residents in downtown Denver. We recently discovered Pizza Republic and both have enjoyed our several visits there with friends and alone. Atmosphere is fun! Relaxed and classy! Waitstaff is professional and friendly. It's always been a welcoming environment! The food is very good too! I love the roasted beet salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best serviceSpringBreakTreatDined on 3/21/2014I wanted to treat my son and friends to dinner since they were all back for Spring Break. We chose Pizza Republica because there was availability a bit later than we wanted to eat but the menu looked good. When we sat down the restaurant was half vacant so thought it odd that we could not book earlier in the evening. Our waiter was not very friendly. It appeared his main goal was to get our order as quickly as he could. The pizzas were "okay" but not great - the crust was the best part. Once we finished dinner, we were handed our bill without even being asked if we wanted dessert or anything else. Too bad for the waiter as I had 4 hungry teenagers that would have ordered off of the dessert menu - giving the waiter a bigger tip....
- Delicious meal!Mthede1VIPDined on 3/19/2014Went to Pizzaria Republica pre-theater. The Margherita pizza was absolutely delicious- my friend and I paired that with a large order salad that we shared and it was perfect (Pear and Goat Cheese Salad) and bursting with flavor. We happened to be there on a Wednesday and they were offering 1/2 price bottles of wine. Fun! Can't wait to return - would love to try their DTC location as well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very convenient if you'reDineout81Dined on 3/15/2014Very convenient if you're going to an event at the Performing Arts Center or the Convention Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAnnieVIPDined on 3/13/2014We had dinner before a show at the Buell Theatre. The service was perfect and the food was excellent. We ordered the salmon entree, an entree salad and pizzas and everyone said their dinners were great. They have a huge wine list but also a full bar. The name is misleading, it's not so much a pizza place as a nice Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- multi generationalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2014We went there for our daughter's 43rd birthday because we wanted a lively restaurant, younger crowd and close to the DCPA
- Dinner and a ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014My group of friends has always been looking for that perfect combo of dinner and a show. Now that the Valet has been added, We've finally found it at Pizza Republica. Food was excellent, service too. And just 2 blocks from the Buell, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit on the pricey side,GreatZarVIPDined on 3/8/2014A bit on the pricey side, but outstanding quality and presentation. Excellent service and great location if you have theatre/opera tickets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location to the BuellLatteLoverDined on 3/7/2014We arrived early for our reservation, they seated us and we were able to enjoy Happy Hour. Waitress was very friendly, helpful and made sure we finished in time for our tickets to the Buell. Food and drinks were great and we had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualmegletteVIPDined on 3/5/2014We always go to Pizza Republica before the theatre, and it is always amazing - good food, fantastic staff. It is never really noisy, and has a wonderful feel to it. They are always so helpful and willing to go the extra mile - we love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Gem!tashaDined on 2/27/2014We we're here for a double birthday event and even though it was a Thursday night and very slow it was amazing. Can see this being a hot spot in the summer. The wine list was amazingly large, we did end up ordering cocktails instead which we're very unique and great! We created two pizzas one half and I thought was not so good but half the group loved and the other amazing and other half didn't so that happened to be fun and entertaining. Definitely go with things you know are good together lol! The waiter was awesome and treated us surprise tiramisu which was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2014My husband and I find this a friendly, reasonably priced choice for a night out. Delicious, inexpensive and just the right amount of food sharing a pizza and salad. The Pinot Nero is a delightful wine at a good price.
- Pizza Republica Dinner 2/26/13RichardDined on 2/26/2014Service was excellent from the moment we walked in. Danielle our waitress was informative and attentive without being over bearing. Food was presented well,correctly cooked. and flavorful. This was our first time at this restaurant and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.