57889 Van Dyke Road
Washington, MI 48094Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzanostalgia.com/
- Phone: 5862071097x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mario Randazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Contact Mario Randazzo for any catering needs. 586-207-1097
- Entertainment: Occasional accordion player. Accordion played by Tony DiPonio.
A word from Pizza Nostalgia
A stylish wood-fired pizzeria has opened across the street from the Washington Township Municipal Building, offering guests an attractive dine-in setting and a small but upscale selection of thin-crust specialty pizzas, salads and small plates. Pizza Nostalgia, at 57889 Van Dyke north of 26 Mile, offers seven hand-tossed specialty pizzas, ranging from classic pepperoni and Maria Margherita to the all-meat Dootz Melone with mozzarella, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ham and bacon. Guests can also design their own pies, choosing from a list of 18 toppings. See our website pizzanostalgia.com for specials and deals!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizza Nostalgia reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Now Open on MONDAYluvnitRomeoDined on 9/15/2014Pizza Nostalgia is now open on Mondays! If you haven't tried it yet put it on your list....... great food, all fresh, nice wine list, friendly efficient staff. We've tried the pizza, pasta, and sandwiches - loved the food, attentive staff, and the quaint atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Excellent food. Wait staff was friendly and welcoming. We'll be back... With friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findconciergeVIPDined on 9/10/2014I came back to Michigan for a week (I now live in Naples, FL). I brought my friends for dinner...the pizza was great and the cannolis were amazing!!! They will be back and have told their friends about your place.Special Features:
- Unreliable!BruceKDined on 8/30/2014I made an open table reservation, arrived at the restaurant, and found it was not open, in spite of the fact that the hours advertised on the window indicated it should be open. This is the second time we made plans to go there and found that they weren't open when advertised. It is not reliable and as a result, not recommendable.
- First TimerRonADined on 7/18/2014This was the first time we have dined here. We were very pleased with the whole experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Cozy place - small but not too small. The Greek salad was very tasty, though a little light on the chicken. I thought the accordion player was a nice touch, but it was too loud for the small room. The kids had fun watching the guys make the pizza. I only had one piece of pizza, which I thought was very good. My husband didn't think his was worth the money. Staff was very friendly and attentive. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!jcdudDined on 7/16/2014Servers and cooks were all extremely friendly and concerned about our experience! A truly great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaPizzaDined on 6/20/2014The pizza was good, salad greens were fresh, gluten free options were a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza !FillingUpVIPDined on 6/16/2014The wood fired pizza is outstanding. Salads are great also. Friendly staff and nice interior. Washington has a wonderful casual restaurant in Pizza nostalgia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Pizza Nostalgia reviews archive.
- A Nostalgic ExperienceMikeRDined on 5/2/2014It was a a Friday night. We didn't want to wait for a table somewhere so we decided to use Opentable and avoid any wait times. The first 7:15pm reservation that popped up was Pizza Nostalgia. I booked literally 10 minutes in advanced. We walked in noticing that they were packed! They sat us promptly at 7:15. It was amazing how they catered for such a short notice reservation for four people. The staff was fun and knowledgable about the food. My wife ordered a gluten-free pizza that even I enjoyed. Overall the place was cozy and fun. The owner asked if everything was "okay" and I was happy to say that we had a great experience. The food was great as well. I love their wood fired pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza I've Had!BluefairyDined on 3/14/2014Pizza was fabulous. The Caesars Salad was fantastic- the croutons and dressing fresh and homemade. Warm and cozy atmosphere and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic pizzaMcirishDined on 3/7/2014Pizza Nostalgia has fantasic brick oven pizza. Try the olive spread too for an appetizer. Watch the chef's spin the pizza ;) nice friendly waitstaff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Watch them make the best thin crust pizza right in front of you in their wood fired oven. The pizza was excellent and the desert of an authentic cannoli, fresh filled with ricotta cheese and dipped in semi-sweet chocolate was over the top good. Definitely a place to stop for dinner. Waite staff was courteous and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.