1401 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pizzamoda.com/
- Phone: 5108415200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-W 5:30pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Su 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Vegan, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Evan Crandall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: University Ave. and Acton St.
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk south of North Berkeley Bart station. AC Transit bus stop for the 51B line directly in front of the restaurant on University Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large well lighted private parking lot located behind the restaurant with access from both University Ave. and Acton St.
A word from Pizza Moda
Pizza Moda is a fun, Euro-style neighborhood restaurant serving seasonal, artisan pizzas, pastas, and salads in a warm, welcoming urban-chic setting. They"re stylish, but also kid-friendly, and offer several delicious vegetarian and vegan options. You'll find local micro-brews on draft, and a great selection of interesting wines. House-made desserts too!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Pizza Moda - Best Restaurants in Berkeley ›
Pizza Moda reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (17)good for groups (12)great for lunch (7)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very nicemichaelbiermanDined on 8/15/2014Food was really nice, loved the pizza. Service was amazing.Special Features:
- YUMMY!!LocalFoodie1Dined on 8/9/2014LOVE, LOVE their pizza, green beans, Cesar salad, mac & cheese. I want to order other items, but I keep coming back to what I've had before because they're sooo tasty. Servers very attentive. Make a ressie or come early - it gets busy by 6:30-7:00. Or use Open Table - an easy way to make sure you get in when you want. Easy parking also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GembonpeteVIPDined on 7/25/2014Pizza Moda is the resurrected Fellini's with the same owner, Jeff Davis. The ambience is of a perfect neighborhood gathering spot. The food is Italianesque with the wonderful flexibility of substituting ingredients so several of the offerings can be gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian etc. The presentations are unassuming, generous and not light handed nor over the top saturated on the sauces, dressings etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to have this place so close!JaneDined on 7/25/2014Always a treat -- good food and a wonderful staff, lead by Jeff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Great place, food was yummy and they even cater to vegans which is awesome. Only draw back was the day we went it was a warm day and it was BLAZIN HOT inside the restaurant. We had to step outside to cool downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE!Lucky11Dined on 7/24/2014Great experience. Food and service outstanding. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy neighborhood restaurantLAopentableDined on 7/18/2014We were immediately and warmly greeted upon our arrival and our food arrived in a timely fashion. They served wonderfully fresh organic salads, with in-season ingredients that are both visually appealing and VERY tasty (we ordered 2 different ones...we couldn't decide, so lucky for us)! They even offer a vegan pizza!! We were pleased with our meal, and enjoyed their wine selection. We will definitely return. :)Special Features:
- Great pizza and saladWhymeVIPDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the salad and pizza. We liked the mix of patrons: a range of ages and ethnic backgrounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Thin crust Pizza was good as was the salads. Thurs - no corkage was a good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food that makes you feel goodNanisDined on 6/28/2014Down-to-earth menu with great choice of appetizers including the baby kale ceaser and the avocado citrus salad. Love the spaghetti with mussels and margarite pizza. Spectacular chocolate flour-less cake for dessert. Coffee is always excellent. Relaxed atmosphere and plenty of private parking.Special Features:
- I will definitely go again.AntsmuzicDined on 6/14/2014The food was very good, the service was great, it was an overall very good dinin experience. I would have given them 5 stars for the food but for me, it was a biy salty. This sentiment was also shared by my brother and my son who were with me at the time. Don't get me wrong, the food was very good but they could ease up on the sodium a bit. By the way we had 3 pizzas-- smoked salmon, shaved asparagus, and mushroom. I will be going back. Oh yeah and the service was great, friendly, attentive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & AmbiancehiredgoonDined on 6/14/2014This pizzeria is a great little neighborhood find with very good pizza, nice wine list, and fantastic deserts. The also have a couple non-pizza dishes as well as salads if you want something else.Special Features:
- Unique Pizza selectionWowzersDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed a fantastic Potato and Turkey Bacon Pizza. Wasn't sure about potato on a pizza, but it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Friendly neighborhood gem.BerkeleySteveDined on 6/11/2014For a nice central place to meet up with friends, this is our spot. It is near North Berkeley Bart, and has a parking lot. The menu is focused at pizza, pasta and seafood. For summer we start with the avocado and citrus salad, with a fall back to the caesar. Then choices: the sweet-pea ravioli or maybe the house smoked salmon pizza. With vegan friends we go for the smiling cow with great tasting vegan sausage & cheeses, does not taste like a compromise to have something vegan. All the pies can be made gluten-free, & they have a separate area for preparation & isolation (I have heard the discussion at other tables a few times) this attention to detail is important to many of their customers. Beats any sit-down pizza restaurant in Berkeley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Pizza Moda reviews archive.