Pizza East - Chicago
119 N Green St
Chicago, IL 60667Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Pizza East - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pizzaeast.com/chicago
- Phone: (312) 754-6920
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 11am – 11pm
Sat: 10am – 11pm
Sun: 10am – 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Kyle Boyce
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pizza East - Chicago
Pizza East offers a modern take on a pizzeria. From our signature ciabatta-style dough, to the Italian mozzarella and locally-sourced meat, our passion for sourcing quality ingredients is at the heart of everything that comes out of our wood ovens. The restaurant is open for lunch, dinner, and brunch on weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pizza East - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (33)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014Fun place to meet friends. Pizza has a delicious crust. Foccacia was excellent. Croquettes were very good, as was the whole oven roasted cauliflower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful pizza in a homey setting!benjicarlsbadDined on 11/16/2014Tucked away in the amazing Soho House, Pizza East has a very homey feel to it. Overall, the food was pretty good. The pizza options were all unique and the two that we ordered (eggplant and spicy sausage) were very flavorful. Also, the wine menu has a good spread with reasonably priced bottles on it. The highlight was the garlic bread though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/12/2014We selected Pizza East for our daughters 22nd birthday. The service is very good and attentive. Pizzas are delicious and crust is cooked to perfection (nice crispy crust throughout). Salads were also very good but a bit too much salt! When we ordered dessert for our daughter it came out on beautiful plate with happy birthday written in chocolate and a candle. Nice touch! My one negative comment is they could have given us the $8 dessert for free. One because it was her birthday and two our check was over $100 so you'd think they could pick up one dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was excellentBarbDined on 10/25/2014We had been to Parlor Pizza across the street last month and found the pizza good, but nothing special, and noise level unbearable. So we decided to try Pizza East. We had the veal meatball pizza. Their crust is excellent, one of the best I've ever had. The topping was unusual and very good, the appetizer and salad we ordered were also very good. We will definitely be back to try more of their pizzas.Special Features:
- ElizDined on 10/24/2014Food was extremely tasty. Service was great. Tables a little too close. Distracted by chatty women next to us.Special Features:
- N352680Dined on 10/16/2014Food was great, service was absolutley terrible. Worst Ive had in years. A drink was dumped all over the table by our server, he wandered off and came back ten minutes later to clean it up, which he didnt do properly. My guests entree was completley forgotton. Food was awesome but service was awful which was embarrassing as I recommended it to my friends.Special Features:
- Excellent Hidden Away Gemstone!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/11/2014This wood burning pizza restaurant is part of the SOHO complex that is open to the public (non-members) and it is amazing. The pizza is authentic Italian and is actually better than the pizza we enjoyed in Italy (where we lived for 10 years). It has a unique crust that is the formula of the two Italians that supervise the food production. The one I spoke to was very friendly and explained that he came from Sardinia. Service is impecable and they have other, non pizza food, like roasted brussel sprouts and four-cheese macaroni & cheese that is over baked. This is one of the places in Chicago where you can run into a famous celebrity because of the protected environment and they do not advertise. We found them on the Hungry Hound! Go Here!Special Features:
- CelebrationBuddyDined on 10/6/2014Had a wonderful experience! The food was great, and the portions were large enough to share. The meat and cheese board was wonderful, and the pizza excellent all we hoped for. Will come back for sure to try more of the entree dishes..perhaps lasagna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need TrainingRealityCheckPleaseVIPDined on 8/31/2014This weekend we went to Bar Takito and Pizza East. Both have been opened for just two weeks, both didn't have complete menus, both had delicious food, but there was an important difference between the two - SERVICE. I don't know where Pizza East found their wait staff, they seemed like they'd never worked in a restaurant before, weren't familiar with items on the menu, didn't advise us on what was/wasn't available before ordering. Hey - it's fine to be in a soft opening stage, but set some expectations: tell us the menu is missing half of the juices, that the food will take forever to arrive, that you won't bring our check for half an hour.Special Features:
- westloopwomanVIPDined on 8/28/2014Went to dinner here on a Thursday night - was surprised by the quiet atmosphere and empty restaurant. Last call was at 9:30 and the food was fine but I wasn't blown away.
- Awesome Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Great food, service, decor and atmosphere. It's a must to place to go.Special Features:
- New & it showsBittyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Still new, a little awkward, too many servers on the floor coming up to our table. Food is good; too dark inside for lunch.Special Features:
- Extremely loud, food just okK1234Dined on 8/23/2014The Pizza was just ok, nothing special. It was extremely loud, even the slights conversation wasn't possible, thats how load it was! The service wasn't good either, they forgot to bring out the salad so it came with the pizza, on a small table with no room to eatSpecial Features:
- Well donehutvchvVIPDined on 8/23/2014I am not a member, but they make me feel like one. I've eaten here twice. Once with my teenage daughter and her friends. Another time with clients. On both occasions the staff went out of their way to welcome us. Made us feel like long lost friends. Nicely done soho house. You're a great addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014food was terrible but the ambiance was great. I am not sure if the ambiance can keep it open though.Special Features:
- Amazing PizzaromeoVIPDined on 8/15/2014I thought the pizza was amazing, and my Moscow Mule was yummy. I can't wait to go back~Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Pizza East - Chicago reviews archive.