404 2nd Ave,
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pitrellis.com/index.html
- Phone: 5137700122x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Linda Pitrelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pitrelli's Restaurant
Voted by Polly Campbell as THE BEST ITALIAN NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT in Northern Ky. and Cincinnati, Ohio.Tired of chain restaurants, don't like being treated like a number, well come in and enjoy our relaxed and casual atmosphere. From the moment you walk through our front door you will feel as if you have just walked into our home. Our regulars refer to Pitrelli's as the ITALIAN CHEERS. Come in and find out for yourselves why so many have made Pitrelli's their new favorite Italian neighborhood restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pitrelli's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mason ›
Pitrelli's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (25)romantic (25)notable wine list (18)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Our favorite place to celebrate a Special Occasion and get great food! Love the ambiance, food and fantastic wait staff. Thanks again for an excellent meal and experience. Great Italian food - American Style :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Cincykat6Dined on 9/13/2014Pitrelli's offers consistently good Italian food. We've never been disappointed. The service is attentive without being intrusive, and the prices are reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014being from England it has been difficult for me to 1 find an amazing place to eat itallian food that is actually more like an itallian than a fast food resteraunt and also 2 make reservations from the UK as i am constantly between countries. I found this place whilst looking for reservations for my 1 years anniversary and took my husband there ... we both loved it so much that I paid for two very close friends to go also and they LOVED IT! Thank you for being so amazing!Special Features:
- Friday night for 4WC4472Dined on 9/5/2014Friendly place but the front end staff were a little overwhelmed at peak time on a Friday. Food and wine are decidedly average but OK Server was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Pizza is great-service is notHT123Dined on 9/5/2014Pizza was very good. Pasta and apps tastes like from the freezer...moz sticks cold in the center. Waiter dropped wine glass, broke the cork on the wine, disappeared for very long, uncomfortable periods of time. One in our party didn't like the sauce, waiter was hurt by this, and never brought a white sauce (we had him give it to go). Our $110 dinner for 3 was worth about half that amount. Get the pizza to go and skip the sit down visit.
- Third time...and still our favoriteSteakExpertVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I agree that this place reminds us of the restaurants that we used to go to when we were younger...it's comforting. We're regulars now.Special Features:
- over pricedectzappDined on 8/30/2014I really wanted to like this place, but the tonic in my drink was flat, no freshly grated parmesean, or pepper. $17 an entree, they need to step up their game.Special Features:
- Italian Gem in MasoncbfromMonroeDined on 8/29/2014Pitrelli's was a romantic, yet very comfortable Italian restaurant in Mason that will be getting our business again very soon. It was our first time there, and not a single compliant. Service was amazing, food was superb, and the atmosphere and wine list topped off the experience! Highly recommend visiting this place!Special Features:
- Great Little Neighborhood FindFoodieForeverVIPDined on 8/29/2014Since there are so few good Italian restaurants in Cincinnati, we're always in the hunt for one. We've been going to Pitrelli's for a few years and it isn't the same as the places we love in Italy but it's pretty darn close. Love the family-owned atmosphere. The food is consistently good. Lasagna to die for. Pizza is excellent. They excel at their pasta dishes. Just look past the decor and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCrafterDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Friendly hostess, attentive waiter, great food, and Jack the violinist! Can't wait to come back. P. S. Gluten free noodles the best I have had hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice timebusymomeatsoutDined on 8/20/2014We have dined here before and it was just as delicious! The server was friendly and helpful about the menu. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not good for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Our group consisted of 12 people and the service was extremely slow on drinks specifically. The food was delivered relatively timely. We did not get sufficient attention for our automatic gratuity.Special Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceJM2003Dined on 8/8/2014We have dined here numerous times with the food always being great while the service is usually not so great. We look past the poor service because we love the food. However out latest experience was bad all around. Ordering drinks the server couldn't answer if you carried a certain beer she had to ask. When she came back with a no and a suggestion, it was way off on what to order instead. I ordered angel hair pasta with 2 sauces. The food came out on 2 seperate plates. The server said it was cheaper to have it come out that way so she keyed it in the computer to make it better. I'm not so much. Great now I look like a pig at dinner with 2 plates of pasta. To top this off my food was cold. Very disappointing.
- RyanDined on 8/1/2014My family's Pitrelli's experience could not have been better. The staff was very nice and very knowledgable about both the menu. It is a great place to celebrate a nice anniversary dinner for 2, a birthday dinner for 8 (like we did), or just a normal night out with friends. We will definately be going back!!Special Features:
- What a great night!busymomeatsoutDined on 7/31/2014We dined here for the first time and what a pleasent evening it was. From the time we walked in we were greeted with a friendly smile from our young hostess. When the server came over to our table she was personable and professional. She gave us really good recommendations on menu choices as well as wine. I had the Porcini mushroom ravioli that was outstanding and my date had the Chicken florentine...YUM!! We saw pizzas that looked amazing so we will certinly be coming back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portionsSweeetJohnnyDined on 7/26/2014For the cost of dinner we found the portions were small. Nice place but just overpriced.
- Wonderful dining experiencemasonDined on 7/25/2014Pitrelli's has wonderful food! The lasagna is excellent! However, they have other just as delicious items to choose from. The Pitrelli's and there staff are friendly and give you a warm and welcoming feeling through out the evening. If you are lucky to be there on the night the violinist is there you are in fro a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinci's Italian VillageSteakExpertVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place reminds me of Chicago's Italian Village. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianamschoeVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a really good family owned place. You can tell they make the pasta in house - it's so light and fresh. We had the Veal Tortellaci and the Chianti-braised short rib ravioli and both were excellent. Good options that didn't have tomato-based sauce but weren't full of cream. The couple behind us ordered pizza and we heard them remark that it was amazing so next time we'll try that. Also excellent desserts made in house. We had cannoli and the strawberry cheesecake and they were wonderful. Their bread and salad were much better this time than a few months ago when we went the first time so nice improvement. Coffee is terrific too. I would like to see more good appetizer options. A nice cheese board would be welcome. Overall, love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's DinnerTastetester8Dined on 7/11/2014A group of eight girl friends met at Pitrelli's for dinner. Atmosphere & service were superb. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner with the exception of myself & another woman who ordered the same thing, Chicken Parmesan. Presentation, pasta & sauce were good. The chicken was thick and dry. Traditionally, the chicken is thin, pounded cutlets. It was hard to chew and swallow. The vanilla, bean cheesecake was not satisfactory at all. It was flavorless and spongy, actually, it tasted old. After taking two bites I passed it around the table. Everyone else agreed that it was not edible. There was still half left and I was disappointed since the server stressed that all the desserts were made in-house. Sara Lee would have been better.Special Features:
- Great Food! Friendly to All !Foodlover2Dined on 7/8/2014Great Italian food with very friendly service. Also very cost effective for food and wine.Special Features:
- so sofirmbutfairDined on 6/20/2014I had heard good things about this place and we were disappointed. My pizza crust was undercooked, my husbands food was over cooked. It was very disconcerting when a violin player sat down at our table (while we were having a conversation) and kept asking if we had a request, we didn't, we wanted to get back to our mediocre meal and get out of there. He didn't get the hint, finally to get rid of him another person in our party looked at his song list and did a request. We won't be back.
- Great PizzaDossVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great crispy crust and wide choice of great toppingsSpecial Features:
- Favorite Place for dinnercweber0147Dined on 6/4/2014Went to Pitrelli's to celebrate wife's birthday. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Our Go To Celebration SpotNelsonDined on 5/30/2014Special occasions in my family are usually celebrated at Pitrelli's. It's close to home, has a great neighborhood feel, is locally owned and the pride of ownership shows. Jack's roaming violin is always a welcome part of the delicious meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Our server was outstanding, the food and wine were delicious alot of homemade items, save room for great desserts.Special Features:
- Service issuescwat1260Dined on 5/24/2014The food was good as always. But the service was lacking. We had reservations and were seated promptly. We waited 25 minutes before the waiter visited our table to take drink or food orders. He passed our table at least six times without even acknowledging us or to let us know he would be with us soon. There were two other waiters/waitresses at tables across from and next to ours. Usually other waiters seeing you put the menu down will offer to bring you drinks if your waiter is busy. No such luck here. After 20 minutes my 9 year old was asking to go because she was thirsty and hungry. Once our meal was ordered another server brought it to us. Our server did check on us once after, but never offered drink refills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Pitrelli's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Pitrelli's is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The service was great. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. She offered great suggestions on drink and food choices. I thought the prices were a little high for what we got.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedLegezaDined on 5/17/2014I happened to pull up OpenTable up on the Internet while searching for a new place to try. I made a reservation thru OpenTable fotr Pitrelli's. We were able to find Stag's Leap wine which is a favorite. The waitress was exceptional and helped us with all of our questions about the menu. When our Italian dinners and appetizers served, we were both surprised how well the flavors were layered and the food profiles constructed. It is obvious that the head chef is very talented and use the freshest ingredients. My linguini with clam sauce was outstanding and the clams were very fresh and tender. All in all a great find and I would highly recommend and thank you OpenTable for helping us discover this local treasure! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FindBJOCPODined on 5/10/2014Our high expectations were exceeded. Everything is freshly made and the sauces, in particular, are wonderful. The wine list was good and the choice and price of the house wines was surprisingly good. Prices are very reasonable too.Special Features:
- Entrée Good, Dessert Fantastic!!MVogeVIPDined on 5/10/2014We went on a very busy Saturday night during prom season and the night before Mother's Day. The food and service was good despite having a full house. I had the Lasagna and my husband had the Chicken Parmesan. Not exceptional, but good and we would both get it again. On the other hand, the Oreo Cheesecake was fantastic!!! It was a special dessert for the night. We were told that all desserts are made from scratch in house. We will go back.Special Features:
- local favorite, not kid friendlyChrisVIPDined on 5/10/2014now that we've been to Pitrelli's a number of times, i continue to love their authentic dishes. my one critique is the fact I need to buy an entire entree for my kids. on my previous visit, i was charged $14 for a small chicken breast for my six year old, with nothing else provided. this time, when i asked about a kid's portion, i was charged the full $17.50 for chicken parmesan, the chicken breast was half the size of mine (same dish), and the pasta was brought out in a container (smaller than regular dinner portion) with no sauce. so i was charged the exact same amount and received exactly half as much. it doesn't seem like it should be that much of a struggle, unless Pitrelli's is discouraging families with young kids.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014Walking into a restaurant where the owner greets you with a smile and a joke makes your dining experience wonderful! The food is good, not the best Italian food in the world but still very good. What makes this place is the outstanding service and the attention the owner gives to you and your dining expereince.Special Features:
- Good food and good valueSupperVIPDined on 5/3/2014First time there, enjoyed the meal. Friendly service, but not very attentive. The sauce sampler was a nice idea as an appetizer but $5 is a lot for 3 spoonfuls of sauce...why doesn't this just come with the bread? Still, food was delicious and we would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Very good!Heat7918Dined on 5/3/2014Everyone was very friendly and the food was really good. As this was our first time there, we got the sauce sampler to start - bolognese was delicious! Prices are reasonable, portions are good (not small & not huge). My husband loved his calzone (homemade crust looked amazing) and I really liked the truffle ravioli. One of our friends got the Italian wedding soup which was wonderful - everyone in our party enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- nice placecwat1260Dined on 5/2/2014This was our first visit and we were very impressed with the food and the ambience of the restaurant. Having Jack do a table by table serenade on the violin was a wonderful bonus that completed the evening.Special Features:
- served 12 including kidsvillagerDined on 5/2/2014Food was great....recommend clam sauce. Kids ate half portions of pasta and delicious pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noname1VIPDined on 4/23/2014Nice, reliable gem in downtown Mason. Good food, well prepared and decent sized servings - many items available as a half-serving. A variety of pastas offered, as well as quite an array of sauces.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pugslyDined on 4/23/2014We were celebrating birthdays that night and had a great time. The brownie dessert is wonderful !Special Features:
- Unbelievable.. Not in a good way.ItalianfoodieDined on 4/19/2014After our first visit to this adorable and elegant restaurant, we thought we'd give it another try. Unfortunately our second go around was horrifying. The service was atrocious and the food tasted like it was cooked days prior and was just warming on the stove. We mentioned that we were there for a slow paced, romantic dinner, which in his eyes must have meant 'I don't have to do anything extraordinary for these folks'. I bet there was a total of 5 times he visited our table over a 2 hour span of time. Such a wonderfully planned evening was ruined and we will not plan to visit again.