404 2nd Ave,
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pitrellis.com/index.html
- Phone: (513) 770-0122
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Linda Pitrelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pitrelli's Restaurant
Voted by Polly Campbell as THE BEST ITALIAN NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT in Northern Ky. and Cincinnati, Ohio.Tired of chain restaurants, don't like being treated like a number, well come in and enjoy our relaxed and casual atmosphere. From the moment you walk through our front door you will feel as if you have just walked into our home. Our regulars refer to Pitrelli's as the ITALIAN CHEERS. Come in and find out for yourselves why so many have made Pitrelli's their new favorite Italian neighborhood restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Pitrelli's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mason ›
Pitrelli's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)romantic (27)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food good, butFoodJunkieDined on 11/22/2014The food was very good, but way overpriced. Not a good bang for the buck. Can do as well for a lot less.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent service, atmosphere, and delicious food. The owners and staff also make this place a wonderful gem in downtown Mason.Special Features:
- Old FriendsKmorelandDined on 10/18/2014First time visiting. Old neighborhood post office refurbished into Pitrelli's. The service and food were very good and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodAllitalianDined on 10/18/2014Not enough ravioli or calamari but both were good chicken Parmesan was plenty and goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014A great find! Food was outstanding! Service was excellent! Would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family!Special Features:
- Great little placeAkm122VIPDined on 10/10/2014Super little place...much more casual than I was expecting, but I wasn't disappointed. We ended up sitting at the bar for wine, and then just moving to one of the booths nearby for our food. The bartender was our server, and he was awesome-suggested amazing food, and kept us entertained with his witty sense of humor. I will definitely go back-the food was out of this world (I got the mushroom truffle ravioli...yum!)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food in friendly atmospherecjseDined on 10/9/2014We went to this restaurant when we visited "Italian" friends in Mason, OH, on a Thursday which is Sinatra night with a discount on bottles of wine. The four of us each ordered different items so we could taste many menu choices. We all liked their pizza best. The Italian wedding soup, Sinatra inspired shrimp with pasta, shrimp and lobster ravioli were good. The lasagna was a big serving, the crab cake on the salad was mediocre, and we were surprised by calamari that looked like cheese sticks. The warm brownie with gelata and the spumoni were better than the tiramisu who we ordered because they were out of the in stead of the strawberry cheesecake desert. Overall, the very friendly service and OK food made it a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- good italian foodalredoluvDined on 9/30/2014I went out with a girl friend of mine so she could try this restaurant. She really liked it, the food was excellent for what she could eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlacesupersupperDined on 9/24/2014Family owned, convenient. Have had several family gatherings here and have been well cared for. Great Italian food, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!!bobbieVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was a disappointing evening. The food was just ok. Obviously prepared in the afternoon and not very good. The prices too high for the food we received. The food obviously mass produced. Ravoli done 15 different ways can't be too hard to do . Sorry but you won't see me there soon again.
- Great family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014What's not publisized is the pizza. We think its the best around!!Special Features:
- BonJohn72Dined on 9/16/2014Our favorite place to celebrate a Special Occasion and get great food! Love the ambiance, food and fantastic wait staff. Thanks again for an excellent meal and experience. Great Italian food - American Style :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Cincykat6Dined on 9/13/2014Pitrelli's offers consistently good Italian food. We've never been disappointed. The service is attentive without being intrusive, and the prices are reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014being from England it has been difficult for me to 1 find an amazing place to eat itallian food that is actually more like an itallian than a fast food resteraunt and also 2 make reservations from the UK as i am constantly between countries. I found this place whilst looking for reservations for my 1 years anniversary and took my husband there ... we both loved it so much that I paid for two very close friends to go also and they LOVED IT! Thank you for being so amazing!Special Features:
- Friday night for 4WC4472Dined on 9/5/2014Friendly place but the front end staff were a little overwhelmed at peak time on a Friday. Food and wine are decidedly average but OK Server was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Pizza is great-service is notHT123Dined on 9/5/2014Pizza was very good. Pasta and apps tastes like from the freezer...moz sticks cold in the center. Waiter dropped wine glass, broke the cork on the wine, disappeared for very long, uncomfortable periods of time. One in our party didn't like the sauce, waiter was hurt by this, and never brought a white sauce (we had him give it to go). Our $110 dinner for 3 was worth about half that amount. Get the pizza to go and skip the sit down visit.
- Third time...and still our favoriteSteakExpertVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I agree that this place reminds us of the restaurants that we used to go to when we were younger...it's comforting. We're regulars now.Special Features:
- over pricedectzappDined on 8/30/2014I really wanted to like this place, but the tonic in my drink was flat, no freshly grated parmesean, or pepper. $17 an entree, they need to step up their game.Special Features:
- Italian Gem in MasoncbfromMonroeDined on 8/29/2014Pitrelli's was a romantic, yet very comfortable Italian restaurant in Mason that will be getting our business again very soon. It was our first time there, and not a single compliant. Service was amazing, food was superb, and the atmosphere and wine list topped off the experience! Highly recommend visiting this place!Special Features:
- Great Little Neighborhood FindFoodieForeverVIPDined on 8/29/2014Since there are so few good Italian restaurants in Cincinnati, we're always in the hunt for one. We've been going to Pitrelli's for a few years and it isn't the same as the places we love in Italy but it's pretty darn close. Love the family-owned atmosphere. The food is consistently good. Lasagna to die for. Pizza is excellent. They excel at their pasta dishes. Just look past the decor and enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCrafterDined on 8/22/2014We had a wonderful time from start to finish. Friendly hostess, attentive waiter, great food, and Jack the violinist! Can't wait to come back. P. S. Gluten free noodles the best I have had hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice timebusymomeatsoutDined on 8/20/2014We have dined here before and it was just as delicious! The server was friendly and helpful about the menu. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not good for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Our group consisted of 12 people and the service was extremely slow on drinks specifically. The food was delivered relatively timely. We did not get sufficient attention for our automatic gratuity.Special Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceJM2003Dined on 8/8/2014We have dined here numerous times with the food always being great while the service is usually not so great. We look past the poor service because we love the food. However out latest experience was bad all around. Ordering drinks the server couldn't answer if you carried a certain beer she had to ask. When she came back with a no and a suggestion, it was way off on what to order instead. I ordered angel hair pasta with 2 sauces. The food came out on 2 seperate plates. The server said it was cheaper to have it come out that way so she keyed it in the computer to make it better. I'm not so much. Great now I look like a pig at dinner with 2 plates of pasta. To top this off my food was cold. Very disappointing.
- RyanDined on 8/1/2014My family's Pitrelli's experience could not have been better. The staff was very nice and very knowledgable about both the menu. It is a great place to celebrate a nice anniversary dinner for 2, a birthday dinner for 8 (like we did), or just a normal night out with friends. We will definately be going back!!Special Features:
- The following 350 reviews are from the Pitrelli's Restaurant reviews archive.
- What a great night!busymomeatsoutDined on 7/31/2014We dined here for the first time and what a pleasent evening it was. From the time we walked in we were greeted with a friendly smile from our young hostess. When the server came over to our table she was personable and professional. She gave us really good recommendations on menu choices as well as wine. I had the Porcini mushroom ravioli that was outstanding and my date had the Chicken florentine...YUM!! We saw pizzas that looked amazing so we will certinly be coming back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portionsSweeetJohnnyDined on 7/26/2014For the cost of dinner we found the portions were small. Nice place but just overpriced.
- Wonderful dining experiencemasonDined on 7/25/2014Pitrelli's has wonderful food! The lasagna is excellent! However, they have other just as delicious items to choose from. The Pitrelli's and there staff are friendly and give you a warm and welcoming feeling through out the evening. If you are lucky to be there on the night the violinist is there you are in fro a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinci's Italian VillageSteakExpertVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place reminds me of Chicago's Italian Village. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianamschoeVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a really good family owned place. You can tell they make the pasta in house - it's so light and fresh. We had the Veal Tortellaci and the Chianti-braised short rib ravioli and both were excellent. Good options that didn't have tomato-based sauce but weren't full of cream. The couple behind us ordered pizza and we heard them remark that it was amazing so next time we'll try that. Also excellent desserts made in house. We had cannoli and the strawberry cheesecake and they were wonderful. Their bread and salad were much better this time than a few months ago when we went the first time so nice improvement. Coffee is terrific too. I would like to see more good appetizer options. A nice cheese board would be welcome. Overall, love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's DinnerTastetester8Dined on 7/11/2014A group of eight girl friends met at Pitrelli's for dinner. Atmosphere & service were superb. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner with the exception of myself & another woman who ordered the same thing, Chicken Parmesan. Presentation, pasta & sauce were good. The chicken was thick and dry. Traditionally, the chicken is thin, pounded cutlets. It was hard to chew and swallow. The vanilla, bean cheesecake was not satisfactory at all. It was flavorless and spongy, actually, it tasted old. After taking two bites I passed it around the table. Everyone else agreed that it was not edible. There was still half left and I was disappointed since the server stressed that all the desserts were made in-house. Sara Lee would have been better.Special Features:
- Great Food! Friendly to All !Foodlover2Dined on 7/8/2014Great Italian food with very friendly service. Also very cost effective for food and wine.Special Features:
- so sofirmbutfairDined on 6/20/2014I had heard good things about this place and we were disappointed. My pizza crust was undercooked, my husbands food was over cooked. It was very disconcerting when a violin player sat down at our table (while we were having a conversation) and kept asking if we had a request, we didn't, we wanted to get back to our mediocre meal and get out of there. He didn't get the hint, finally to get rid of him another person in our party looked at his song list and did a request. We won't be back.
- Great PizzaDossVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great crispy crust and wide choice of great toppingsSpecial Features:
- Favorite Place for dinnercweber0147Dined on 6/4/2014Went to Pitrelli's to celebrate wife's birthday. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Our Go To Celebration SpotNelsonDined on 5/30/2014Special occasions in my family are usually celebrated at Pitrelli's. It's close to home, has a great neighborhood feel, is locally owned and the pride of ownership shows. Jack's roaming violin is always a welcome part of the delicious meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Our server was outstanding, the food and wine were delicious alot of homemade items, save room for great desserts.Special Features:
- Service issuescwat1260Dined on 5/24/2014The food was good as always. But the service was lacking. We had reservations and were seated promptly. We waited 25 minutes before the waiter visited our table to take drink or food orders. He passed our table at least six times without even acknowledging us or to let us know he would be with us soon. There were two other waiters/waitresses at tables across from and next to ours. Usually other waiters seeing you put the menu down will offer to bring you drinks if your waiter is busy. No such luck here. After 20 minutes my 9 year old was asking to go because she was thirsty and hungry. Once our meal was ordered another server brought it to us. Our server did check on us once after, but never offered drink refills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pitrelli's is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The service was great. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. She offered great suggestions on drink and food choices. I thought the prices were a little high for what we got.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedLegezaDined on 5/17/2014I happened to pull up OpenTable up on the Internet while searching for a new place to try. I made a reservation thru OpenTable fotr Pitrelli's. We were able to find Stag's Leap wine which is a favorite. The waitress was exceptional and helped us with all of our questions about the menu. When our Italian dinners and appetizers served, we were both surprised how well the flavors were layered and the food profiles constructed. It is obvious that the head chef is very talented and use the freshest ingredients. My linguini with clam sauce was outstanding and the clams were very fresh and tender. All in all a great find and I would highly recommend and thank you OpenTable for helping us discover this local treasure! XSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.