Pismo's Coastal Grill
7937 N. Blackstone
Fresno, CA 93720Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pismo's Coastal Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pismos.com/
- Phone: 559-439-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Wednesday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Justin Shannon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call General Manager to discuss.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Scott 5594399463
A word from Pismo's Coastal Grill
Pismo's Coastal Grill is the newest restaurant in Fresno developed by local restaurateur, David Fansler and the Fansler Group. Our food offerings and atmoshpere will conjure up images of wine country, seafood, the beach and coastal BBQ. We are open 7 days a week, serving lunch and dinner. Fresh is king at Pismo's and enormous effort and planning go into securing the very freshest and most pristine ingredients. We have developed a fabulous menu with the quality and flavor of food that surpasses all expectations. Our coastal theme is represented by an open area feel with unique roll up windows, Adirondack style booths, Santa Barbara rock columns. Come see where the Wine Country meets the Sea in Fresno!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pismo's Coastal Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- If you are fishing for a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2013Pismo's can be counted on for a great meal with excellent service. We have been numerous times and ordered different seafood dished and have never been disappointed! The Louie combo salad is fresh, yummy and more than enough!Special Features:
- disappointing fish preparationMochVIPDined on 5/24/2013This was our first visit to this popular established fish specialty restaurant, and we made the mistake of going at 6:30 on Friday nite, when the place was its busiest! However, we were fortunate to have made reservations and only had to wait about 10 minutes to get our table. Our server immediately asked us for our drink order 3 times in the first 5 minutes, although we were stilll looking at the selections, finally noticing the featured glasses of wine buried in the faded print on the dog-eared cheap-looking paper menus. Our server then disappeared and did not return to our table for 10 minutes to take our order for both drinks and food. We ordered the ahi appetizer and halibut special and seared scallops, ALL over-cooked/priced!
- Our spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2013My hubby and I live nearby and recently relocated from the sF bay. We love Pismos. It has become our spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wddnesfay DinnerDannyJoeDined on 5/21/2013Seated right away. Waite staff came by fast, asked about drinks and appetizers Came back, not pushy, great personality. Food came quick and not on top appetizers. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Fresno dining!ElsWellsDined on 5/20/2013Found Pismo's while searching for a Fresno restaurant while there overnight. It's very attractive and looks like lots of real coastal restaurants. We were there on a Monday and the place was packed! When we had our dinner, we could see why. The food was fresh and delicious. The capper for us was the selection of sides. We shared roasted cauliflower with almonds and sweet potato and asparagus hash. What a wonderful change from the usual fries and baked potatoes. I had steamed clams in a fabulous broth. We dunked a good sourdough bread in that over and over. Delicious! My husband had the swordfish and thought it was perfect. We would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for Surf & TurfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013Table was ready ontime even though the restaurant was very busy. Fried calamari appetizers arrived quickly, they were spicy with sweet chilli dipping sauce, very good. Main course was rib-eye and pan seared scallops, very tasty! Their seafood selection was amazing & fresh. I ordered their honey blonde ale with my meal, good tasting ale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just RightfoodeeDined on 5/12/2013Portion size was just right. Food was delicious and seasoned just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fresh and uniqueBartDined on 5/12/2013Offers a great menu with appetizers that are not offered anywhere else, think grilled artichoke with aeoli dip. Fish selection is excellent and hard to find in a central valley locale, freshness means they ship in daily and it shows. I like the atmosphere and the service is always excellent. We try and eat here at least once a month and since that means a one drive from Merced to get to Pismo's our loyalty is always rewarded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We both had the sturgeon. This is the only place we mow that serves it and it was perfect. As always the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with momOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013Fantastic food and time as always. Service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To say good-bye or not!FoodDivaDined on 5/10/2013We were looking for someplace casual as we were bidding adieu to a lovely Fresno Friend, who will shortly be moving to Tucson, AZ! We were not disappointed in our choice. A lively restaurant with choices to satiate any appetite! We all had something different in mind for lunch and we were all able to have our hearts desires fulfilled! Each of us cleaned our plates and were wholly satisfied! Our waitress even brought over a dessert thinking we were celebrating a birthday because we had gifts in tow for our departing friend. We all decided it was our birthday and happily ate the chocolate brownie with whipped cream! THANK YOU PISMO'S!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but.....TheFoodRatVIPDined on 5/2/2013The food was great but there were things that detracted from the overall experience. The noise level was terrible. I think the interior of the restaurant was designed to amplify it. While we were dining, they opened all the windows and turned on the musters. After some fires in the area and the overall poor air quality in Fresno, this drove the allergies of some in our party crazy. If I go back, it will be in the winter months so I can a kid the outside dining experience.
- Out of Town FriendsFriendly2usDined on 5/2/2013Everyone was super nice and food was great! - We had out of town friends - and we wanted to visit and enjoy each others company along with good food and drinks. Our waitress let us do just that - slowed down our pace and we had a very very nice time and will be back! Thanks Pismo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough space to fully reviewJeff1962Dined on 4/28/2013I have been to Pismo's several times over the years, and my most recent visit was the worst I've ever experienced. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary, and we had hoped the dinner would be as wonderful as always from Pismo's. We were, unfortunately, let down by the service staff. Casey, our server, seemed distracted the entire time we interacted with her. My wife ordered a glass of wine, and what was brought to the table was maybe 2 ounces in the very large glasses they use at Pismo's. We tried to get the attention of our server, but she wouldn't respond. At about that time, the manager came by, and we were forced to ask her about the wine problem. She checked with the bar and found out that they had run out of our requested wineSpecial Features:
- Pismos has the BEST happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013Pismos has the BEST happy hour! Everything was delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I took my wife here for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013I took my wife here for our 20th anniversary and she just loved it she had the chilean sea bass that just melted I'm not a fish eater but I took one bite and it was outstanding the service was just great. Thanks for making our nite.Special Features:
- We have been here on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013We have been here on several occasions and we are always more than satisfied every time! Thank you for making my fiancees birthday extra special. We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2013We shared the fried calamari and artichoke appetizers, and liked both. The calamai was generous enough for the 4 people at the table, whereas the artichoke was divided into 3 pieces, leaving one person out. My husband had the linguini and clams and said it was different than what he expected, but very good. I had the Moroccan salmon. The salmon was cooked to perfection, but had little seasoning on it, and the pilaf underneath (cracked bulgar?) was tasteless. This was from their GB3 menu insert, so perhaps they were trying to reduce sodium to keep it healthier.
- Food was great and so wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Food was great and so was our server! Only negative was making a reservation for 5:30 and upon our prompt arrival, we still had to wait approximately 5 minutes for our table.Special Features:
- One of the BEST in FresnoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013Pismo's continues to be one of the best in Fresno. Not only is the food great but when a reservation is made, they stay pretty close to it. Many other places in Fresno take reservations but never come close. This was for our anniversary so we wanted something special and we got it and more.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The food and service were good. The noise level can get load at time.
- I had the calamari and scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013I had the calamari and scallops with asparagas salad. The calamari was tender and breaded just right the scallops were seared to perfection and the asparagas salad was cruncy and tasty. My wife had the morracan salmon which was an interesting and tasty alternative to plain broiled. We shared the pineapple upside down cake and while she was looking for the plain old style we both agreed that Pismo's version was light and very tasty. We will be back and have mentioned it to others as a place for fresh fish dishes.Special Features:
- It's good but not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Had a 6:30 reservation, had to wait once I arrived.The noise is extremely loud, making it difficult to have a conversation with the person across the table. Server was polite, but was always focusedelsewhere when talking to us. Food was good, but I'm hardto please coming from the Bay Area where great restaurantsare on every corner. ;). This restaurant is good for families andcasual dining. I would definitely eat there again, but I wouldn'tmake a special effort too!Special Features:
- great menu, nice decor, upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013great menu, nice decor, up to date, always a standoutSpecial Features:
- Great Fish & Great ServiceKimHDined on 3/30/2013We love Pismo's. It is the best place to get fresh fish in Fresno. Although it can be a little noisy, it is easy to tune out and in the spring when the windows are rolled up it is a very neat feel. The wait-staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Service is quick without being rushed.Special Features:
- My guets and I were very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013My guets and I were very pleased with the food and the serviceSpecial Features:
- A seafood GEMEatingOutAgainDined on 3/29/2013I just LOVE this place. I eat here at least twice each time I visit Fresno. The seafood Louie salad is " to die for" and I've never had anything that I would rate less than excellent.Special Features:
- WE MADE RESERVATIONS AND STILLOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013WE MADE RESERVATIONS AND STILL HAD TO WAIT AS A TABLE WAS NOT READY. WE HAD 4 LOBSTER DINNERS AND THE LOBSTER WAS NOT DONE.....WE ASKED FOR GARLIC BUTTER AND GOT SALAD DRESSING ....HAD TO ASK 3 TIMES FOR WARM BUTTER FOR THE LOBSTER. WILL NOT EVER PAY OVER $200 FOR A DINNER AT PISMO'S AGAIN.Special Features:
- Best clam chowder and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013I have never had bad or even mediocre food at Pismos. It is on the pricey side but the money is well spent!! The service is always great and they have the best CLAM CHOWDER. Even better than many soups you find at the coast!!Special Features:
- This was our first time andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013This was our first time and it won't be our last. Friends have been recommending this to us for awhile. We enjoyed immensely the Ahi appetizers. And will order them again. All of our guest loved the food. We had no complaints. I like the Seafood Counter where you can purchase fresh also. Thanks.Special Features:
- Pismo's is worth the trip to FresnoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Pismo's is another hit for Mr. Fanzler, the noted Fresno entrepreneur. We celebrated Mom's birthday and had a wonderful time due to the ambiance, fine food and attentive service. The food is fresh, delicious and just a little different to make the experience 'fresh'. The fish market near the entrance sets the stage that Pismo's is serious about fresh fish. Pismo's (like Mr. Fanzler's other concepts) has that certain corporate finish and polish without being a cookie-cutter company 'copy and paste' with no soul. The prices are steep, with one would expect considering the daily fresh entrees. Pismo's is a winner.Special Features:
- A Great Restaurant!MikeDined on 3/12/2013Pismo's is just a great restaurant. My wife and I and friends have been there several times now and it has become one of our absolute favorite restaurants. I like everything about it. The seafood is superb and I especially like the windows to the kitchen where you can see the expert staff preparing their specialities. And the service is beyond reproach. Amanda has been our waitress several times and she is a treasure. I look forward to trips to Fresno just to go to Pismo's. Superb!Special Features:
- Pismo's excellent atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Pismo's serves great food and best of all the staff are great. I would recommend this restaurant anytime.Special Features:
- Who needs a main course!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013The calamari steak strips and the dungeoness crab appetizers are so awesome. The calamari is the best I have had anywhere by far.Special Features:
- THe food was yummy! Our friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013THe food was yummy! Our friends had never been there before and we all celebrated my husband's birthday. Thanks to Sharon for making us feel so welcomed!Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2013Great food and service. The salmon was the best my wife has ever had. The burata appetizer was fantastic. A great find in Fresno.Special Features:
- Great design....makes youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Great design....makes you feel like you are at the coast. Also, a varied menu of good food for all tastes. Good sourdough bread, but don't think they should charge for it.Special Features:
- Exceptional service! LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2013Exceptional service! Love he new calamari club sandwich!Special Features:
- ok, not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013The appetizers and swordfish were good. The sea bass was overcooked and dry.Special Features:
- I am very sorry to say weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I am very sorry to say we had to cancel because of a personal matter.We plan to try again soon.Special Features: