Pisces Sushi Bar & Lounge
1100 E Metropolitan Ave Ste 120
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Pisces Sushi Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piscessushi.com/
- Phone: 7043340009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Nikawadori Kosuke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Friday and Saturday evenings in our Lounge
A word from Pisces Sushi Bar & Lounge
Since opening our doors in April 2010, the staff at Pisces Sushi Bar and Lounge has striven to provide the best possible experience for every single customer. Owners Jason Cheung and Bryan Li work hard to ensure that each guest enjoys only the highest quality ingredients in an inviting, lively atmosphere. Come savor one of our fresh-catch features delivered daily, sample any of our sashimi, nigiri or signature rolls in one of our private booths, or head over to our lounge and let head mixologist Bob Peters' craft a cocktail just for you. We look forward to providing you, your friends and your family with a dining experience that only a locally owned and operated restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pisces Sushi Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (22)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (18)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2014Best sushi in Charlotte. Always fresh and creatively presented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First of MANY!MacktheblackDined on 10/18/2014Just moved here from Tennessee and hadn't found my new sushi spot yet. My cousin recommended this one right off the bat so I checked it out! Excellent food, great service (Sarah was great!), and great memories made with friends. I'll be back soon o.OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...RaymondVIPDined on 10/11/2014They were out of a lot of things when we arrived on a Saturday at 5:30. Not a good sign. They had a specials menu, with most of it gone per the waitress. My wife ordered vegetable gyoza, and they were even out of that....which is a regular menu item. Weird. But, the food was good, and service was great. Restaurant was kind of empty when we arrived, and had not filled much when we left about an hour or so later. Not sure if this is a return place...
- awsomedre4904Dined on 10/10/2014A great a drink selection fresh sushi live music and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kristenaq7Dined on 10/4/2014Good place for dinner with friends. Live music while we were there was enjoyable and still allowed conversation at a reasonable level. The metro roll was my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreMdf1225VIPDined on 9/18/2014Sushi was just okay. Didn't seem as fresh as you'd hope at a good sushi spot.
- Great drinks and Awful chairs shameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere and drinks. The service was phenomenal, our waitress was very attentive and personable. Overall everything was good, expect for the tables and chairs. For a pricey sushi place the tables were not big enough to hold all of our food and drinks, but that is not so bad. What would probably Make me question my return to the restaurant is the awful seating. The chairs are so uncomfortable my back was hurting after 10 minutes of me being there. There is a bar in the center of the back rest that digs into your lower back. It really is a shame that such a nice place went cheap on seating. To me it doesn't really matter how good the food is. If the seating is that bad I will probably not return to this establishment.Special Features:
- Scrumptious sushiKazueDined on 9/13/2014Four of us got a great assortment of sushi. Two of us enjoy the more simple nigiri and two ordered the more complex maki. All were served very beautifully: Very fresh fish with just the right amount of rice. We also got a very informative lesson on sake. Highly recommended for experienced sushi lovers and newbies who have not had the pleasure yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cocktails in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014If you're looking for an interesting place with a fun vibe, excellent food and the BEST cocktails in Charlotte, go to Pisces in midtown when Bob is behind the bar. Bob Peters is a Charlotte legend for good reason, his cocktails are amazing! We ate at the bar and Bob's food recommendations were spot on too. You have to try the Pork Belly Buns....incredible. My wife and I were out to have a great date...Bob and Pisces blew us away!Special Features:
- Bob the bartender!! #thatisallWineandDineDined on 8/29/2014Bob's drinks are awesome & Jackie doing the live music on Fridays is great too! The sushi speaks for itself. Great place! Ask for "Edward" - he's a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLuv2eatDined on 8/22/2014First time here and good was great..nice variety of sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was greatJennyDined on 8/16/2014The Food at Pisces was very tasty. The presentation of the food was flawless. The service was a tag slow bit an overall good experience. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and even better drinks!AnneDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time dinning at Picses. You can't miss the Screaming O Roll, and make sure to try one of their tasty specialty cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!FoodieTootieDined on 7/26/2014I went to this restaurant for Charlotte's restaurant week and enjoyed it! The sushi and drinks were excellent! I will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The cranberry cucumber martini is a must! It is very refreshing. Also, try the tuna tataki appetizer.Special Features:
- Date night; specialty cocktailszactivixDined on 7/19/2014Sushi is some of the best in Charlotte. Fast, courteous service. Specialty cocktails are popular. Hip ambiance/music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014The food was fresh and delicious!! Sushi was so good as well! The restaurant is a little too loud and the decore makes it not that comfortable of a dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favsKowenDined on 7/15/2014My boyfriend and I go several times every year to celebrate events in our lives. We always sit in a romantic booth. I love it and the food is beyond amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!d1975VIPDined on 7/1/2014I go to Pisces quite often. I highly recommend the Bagel Deluxe roll! Fresh fish and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayluv4italianfoodVIPDined on 6/30/2014Being from LA, I know my sushi standards are high, but the quality of fish here was just not that good. I didn't even eat one of my sushi pieces (which cost $3.50 PER PIECE by the way) because of the fishy taste. The food also took a while to come out despite there only being 2-3 other parties at the restaurant. Spicy garlic edamame was great though, but also cost around $7 for a small bowl. They did have good drink specials and the rolls seemed potentially tasty, maybe we just ordered the wrong things. Overall, just not worth it for the price.Special Features:
- It's okDizzyd215Dined on 6/27/2014Food was ok. Service Was kinda bad for my group and pricey.. Will not return for my going away dinners anymore.Special Features:
- The following 160 reviews are from the Pisces Sushi Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- Great Sushi in CharlotteJB29715VIPDined on 6/13/2014First time dining here with my wife and we loved it. After moving to CLT 2 years ago we have been on the search for great sushi and we finally found it. Super fresh products in a great area of town. Definately will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 5/31/2014Best sushi in Charlotte by far. The atmosphere is fabulous. Great place to bring a family or go on a dateSpecial Features:
- mehLeighVIPDined on 5/17/2014This place deserves the ratings it has on Yelp and Urbanspoon. It's not bad sushi, but nothing special.Special Features:
- first time experiencewoodysroomDined on 5/17/2014my wife and I both work in restaurants in Charlotte and happened to have saturday night off. I decided to try Pisces finally, after wanting to for many months. We both love sushi and we found that Pisces delivered on everything that we enjoy about our favorite sushi places. We both enjoyed some of their signature cocktails which went very well with the food. Our server was professional and friendly. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemMaryDined on 5/7/2014Even thought I don't live near The Metropolitan, Pisces appears to be a total neighborhood gem. Four of us sat outside the other night, when it just happened to be 1/2 price wine by the bottle night and it was delightful. Most enjoyed the hibachi dinner entrees and the shrimp and scallops were done perfectly. Service was very good and it proved to be a great evening, perfect weather and a great place.Special Features:
- Great noveau sushiTemmamanDined on 4/19/2014Great sushi collection- innovative and delicious. Try the pork belly buns...yum. I've been to Pisces five times in the past. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating and will not hurry you.Special Features:
- Excellentd1975VIPDined on 4/11/2014I've been to Pisces many times. It's definitely on my top 3 favorite sushi restaurants in Charlotte. Try the bagel deluxe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpie1524Dined on 3/28/2014This place was awesome. The sushi was fresh not only literally but figuratively also. The presentation were very creative and the prep put a new spin on the old sushi roll. I would recommend this to any sushi lover. Also no be afraid to bring non sushi lover because they have a great Asian menu also. I will say this place can get into you wallet for dinner but well worth the money and the smile on my daughters face. Side not they had a live acoustic soloist that was just as wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatd1975VIPDined on 3/10/2014Pisces is one of my favorite local spots in Charlotte to grab sushi! I've heard some people say the fish portions are small, but each one of those people only went to the LUNCH buffet. What do you expect? Seriously? Even if you do go during lunch, get the "regular" menu. I'm not a fan of tempura rolls, so get the fresh stuff. My absolute favorite on the menu is the "Bagel Deluxe". It's not on the menu anymore, but they still can make it. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pisces Sushi!!!!!!!!!!!!RcJrDined on 3/8/2014Went here for my anniversary and they far exceeded my expectations. From the delicious food down to the wonderful service. I will definitely become a regular and would recommend them to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Pisces is a great place for special occasions and romantic outings. The ambiance is really great, the music is chill, and the drinks are pretty good! My only drawback is the price- otherwise I would eat here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food and drinksRdaly31Dined on 2/15/2014I thought the food and drinks where great. The Sushi was very fresh.Special Features:
- Reservations for Valentines DayKJQ014Dined on 2/14/20149pm reservations and didn't come get us at the bar until almost 9:20. Watched them get a couple standing at bar with no reservations and seat them way before us, so much for reservations! Then we were given a table right by the door and it was freezing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SpotSarahVIPDined on 2/10/2014Had a wonderful night, here. The only complaint would be that the website is out of date and that they do not offer $5 apps during happy hour. But, they do still have the drink specials. If you are looking for a romantic night, request a booth, very private and quiet.Special Features:
- Good not GreatDancerinaVIPDined on 2/4/2014Pisces offers moderately priced sushi that we enjoyed but would rate as average. The platings were well done (liked the slate plates), however, there was no 'Wow' flavor factor. Our server was diligent throughout the meal and patient with our request to split the bill amongst our group. Pisces has a neat bar and cool decor. Unfortunately, we felt the chill of cold air each time the door opened although we sat at the table closest to the back of the main area. All things considered, it was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014You can get the same food for cheaper at another restaurant.
- First time dining there, foodMandaDined on 1/24/2014First time dining there, food was great! A friend recommended I try it out and I am glad I took her advice!Special Features:
- Awesome SpotSushiLoverDined on 1/23/2014Pisces is great for date night, or even for groups. The food is amazing and the prices are reasonable. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pisces Unique find in Metropolitan!CharlotteFoodie7Dined on 1/22/2014Great food from appetizer through dessert!! Our group experienced a little of everything and everyone absolutely loved their selections! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.