4141 N. Mulberry Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64116Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piroposkc.com/
- Phone: (816) 741-3600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jesus Almos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customers can custom select a group or party menu from a wide variety of excellent fresh appetizers, entrees and desserts. The restaurant staff will go out of their way to make sure that customers receive a quality dining experience that is within their specified price range.
- Entertainment: Piropos offers live piano music Friday in our Piano Bar.
- Special Events: Piropos now offers Happy Hour Monday thru Friday, 4:30 to 6:30pm with drink and appetizer discounts.
A word from Piropos Restaurant
The taste of Argentina is very American Midwestern. The foods of its capital city, Buenos Aires, are steaks, grilled meats, seafood, fresh salads and vegetables. Argentineans enjoy dining in a generally relaxed atmosphere where conversation and gracious dining go hand-in-hand. Piropos Restaurant, on the hill in Briarcliff Village, offers a unique view, warm atmosphere and fresh foods prepared in the Argentinean style. ***PLEASE NOTE: WHEN MAKING RESERVATIONS PIROPOS CANNOT RESERVE WINDOW TABLES. THEY MAY BE REQUESTED UPON ARRIVAL, BUT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. Thank you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Piropos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Piropos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)scenic view (79)romantic (74)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014After moving to KC from LA, I didn't think we'd ever find a restaurant in this area that would compare with the infinite variety of excellent places in southern California. I am happy to say that Piropos meets that criteria. The lunchtime atmosphere was relaxing and not rushed, our server went out of her way to accomodate our every request and the food was exceptionally good. I have already recommended this gem to many friends and family who said they were looking for someplace close to home with a top notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGuphyDined on 11/21/2014We were pretty excited to try piroppos. We had an early dinner reservation and the seating was decent but a narrow pathway. The table right next to us was too close and I could hear their hatemongering conversation even when I tried to tube it out. Our waitress was very nice but clearly not knowledgable about the menu. She was very helpful in catering to our dietary restrictions. The bread was okay. The empanadas were good. We had the scallops for appetizer and I guess maybe I should just stop ordering that in KC. My wife had the halibut which was good. I ordered the peppercorn steak which us their signature dish. It was like a microwave steak. There was no flavor and the meat was poor quality. I chewed a bite and the next one I could not swallow so I spit on my plate. The manager walked by and just hurriedly asked if everything was excellent and walked away seeing that I had barely touched my plate and I had retired my silverware. The waitress offered me desert on her. Well $150 later, I was not impressed and will not be going back. I don't like to raise a stink by demanding anything from managers, etc. I expect in a fine dining place, people pay attention to the details without the embarrassment.
- make sure you get what you ordered.DennisVIPDined on 11/19/2014Did not like the way they cook fish. Ordered halibut no way was it real halibut. Been eating it far to long to know the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks and serviceJanKopVIPDined on 11/16/2014I had the peppered tenderloin and it was excellent. My husband had the lamb chops which were beautifully prepared, however they were just a little tough, but the sauce and accompaniments still made it worth while. Ended the meal with the creme brule flamed table side. Delicious. Great view of the city lights from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRodneyDined on 11/15/2014We were seated promptly. The dining area was busy, however was comfortably quiet. We were never rushed - in fact encouraged to take our time and enjoy. The menu selections were varied and hard to choose! Seafood was tremendous and steak was, also. Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 good cocktail. Garbage service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The strawberry basil lemonade was terrific. The service was awful. Took 30 minutes to get our second drink as our table was basically ignored.
- Outstanding--worth a trip from JoCoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed Piropos for her birthday. Not only was one of their signature items, the Pepper-encrusted filet outstanding, we also enjoyed the crab bisque. The service was excellent. Our waiter even took the extra step of giving us a desert boxed up on our way out. We did not ask for it but he shared. The wine list was well-rounded and thorough, although the selection you could purchase by the glass somewhat limited. We recommend enthusiastically.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulsumdetDined on 11/1/2014This is my restaurant of choice for a special occasion or for entertaining visitors. Two of the four people in our party ordered the 8oz. Grilled Filet Mignon, and both were highly satisfied with their steaks. One ordered the Grilled Pork Chops, and truly enjoyed his meal. I had the Pan-Seared Stuffed Chicken Breast, and definitely will have it again. We've never been disappointed with anything we've had to eat or drink here. The wine and spirit lists seem to have something for every taste (we enjoyed the Cakebread Chardonnay and the Camus VSOP Cognac). We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Special Occasion DinnerksjoyfulmomDined on 10/24/2014We miss the scenic views of the old Piropos in Parkview but the wonderful food from Argentina and the caring service keep us coming back for every special occasion. Just wish the wines were not quite so expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had the trout and it was absolutely awesome!! Great menu and super service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Everything was good except the Salmon my wife ordered was not cooked all the way thru and had to be taken back. They did fix it and correct. Everything else was excellent!Special Features:
- Best food in KCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter Fred was fabulous....the BEST! He was knowledgeable, professional, funny, and we will ask for him again. The only thing I am a little disappointed in is the prices. We dine at Piropos once a year and I tell so many people about your restaurant. The atmosphere is romantic, the food is outstanding but the prices for wine, appetizers, salads is too much. We always get the peppercorn filet mignon in brandy sauce.....my absolute favorite. We like to try lots of different wines, appetizers, desserts and the prices prevent us from doing that. I understand the price for the entrées. If you are looking to impress someone, Piropos is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodnikkiDined on 10/17/2014We loved our meal as always. The pork chop is wonderful and a lot of food. We also had the three layer chocolate mousse cake and the banana cake and they were yummy! They were very busy so the waitress gave us two free desserts to apologize for her not being as attentive as usual. She was a nice lady and I thought she did a fine job. The desserts were an unexpected treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakPFieldVIPDined on 10/12/2014We hadn't been to Piropos for awhile, and I'm thrilled to say it's as great as ever. Outstanding courses throughout. The peppercorn encrusted filet with brandy cream sauce is worth every $$$$.Special Features:
- Great, but---SusanTDined on 10/9/2014Food is always excellent! Beautiful views! Very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablefoodieDined on 10/4/2014The rack of lamb was the most delicious meal I have had the pleasure to enjoy in a very long time! My date ordered the filet medallions and although tender, the plate was underwhelming for the price. Appetizers were delicious, crab cakes and brie, were spot on. I will be back for the lamb, and perhaps next time she will give a different meal a shot. Overall I was pleased with our experience, however she will need more convincing. However, we will not judge the experience on a single plate of food that was a minor letdown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations not met.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We made reservations for a special occasion based on a good lunch experience. However, the dinner experience was lacking. We were seated after waiting 45 min past our reservation time. Bar service was poor as well. (Waited 7 min for bartender to acknowledge me, and another 5 before taking my order, and another 8 before getting drink. Bar was not visibly busy I was one of 5 people at bar with many empty seats. Bartender spending time on computer. Drink was very good though.) Food was marginal and waiter seemed overworked and it was difficult to get his attention. Had to send back food for being delivered lukewarm (mashed potatoes).
- AJPJDined on 10/1/2014Service was very slow but I think it was because our waitress seemed to be the ONLY waitress in the entire restaurant. Food was very good.Special Features:
- ModocVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is not a review, but a suggestion to Open Table. WE made a reservation for 7:00 p.m. because there was a musical event scheduled there. When we arrived we were told they didn't take reservations. As it was, even though it was crowded, we managed to get a pretty good spot. (My reservation request stated we wanted to be near the musical event. That should have alerted someone there. It was our first time at this restaurant's new location, so we didn't know the restaurant was actually on the second floor; the music event was in the bar area on the first floor. Perhaps some communication between you and the restaurant would have helped. It was no problem for us, but making some adjustments may save some angst for some future patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food is out of this world and our server Greg Caswell gave us the best service I have ever had and I use to serve myself and am very picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousWorkdinnerDined on 9/22/2014I brought my work team here for dinner and some of them were guests from out of town (FL). The team absolutely loved it and thanked me repeatedly for bringing them there. The food was outstanding and we all thoroughly enjoyed the views and beauty of the restaurant. The team took pictures as it was such a wonderful evening. The folks from KC had never been and told me they would definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great PlaceJerryDined on 9/21/2014We sat at a table with some history and a view of the skyline. We were celebrating a milestone anniversary and were not disappointed. The service was top and the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodShowMeGirlyDined on 9/18/2014I've eaten at Piropos many times for dinner but just recently had lunch there on two occasions. The first louting I had the trout which was excellent. This week on another outing I did the $12 express lunch with their salad and empanadas. If you aren't real hungry it is the perfect amount of food and you certainly won't fill up on it. Always a good view even on a gloomy daySpecial Features:
- diner5263VIPDined on 9/15/2014I was at Piropos with a foodie friend in from San Francisco, whom I wanted to introduce to the restaurant (a favorite of mine). Alas, it turned out to be a poor experience for my friend, whose seafood choice she could not eat because of its saltiness. She probably should have simply returned the dish immediately -- explaining the problem -- but she struggled with it for awhile, then in the end ask Piropos to knock half off the price of the entree (which was done). The meal turned out, obviously, not to be a success due to her ongoing complaints to me about the salt. She did enjoy her two "Kettle" martinis, however, the second one consumed with the meal. And I, too, had an excellent martini (just one before dinner) made with Bombay Sapphire.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DestinationfoodieItalianoDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated a birthday with fabulous food and a wonderful view!Special Features:
- Perfect serviceNotez2plzDined on 9/12/2014Finally a true professional wait staff and fine dining complete experience. We were on a special occasion and not rushed yet not ignored. Gina our server (and the support staff) knows what she is doing. I am very picky at restaurants and did not have one complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and great food!AliCortesDined on 9/4/2014Gina is the best server ever and the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionguidogdhDined on 8/30/2014We had an outstanding meal. The service was outstanding. The food was wonderful. The seating was romantic but without the wonderful view. This was the first visit where we could not get a window seat without waiting two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough service...NomNominusDined on 8/30/2014... and hands down the most disappointing gin and tonic I've EVER had. Our meals were very good, though my wife was disappointed with everything she had, just not what we remember from our past experiences with Piropos. We'd still recommend it, but there's just too many places in Kansas City with innovative menu's and consistent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...GBrunoDined on 8/30/2014The service was outstanding, the food very good however I feel it is overpriced. There were coffee stained sugar packets, a cracked window in need of repair; the building needs some attention to maintenance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyRockyDined on 8/29/2014Excellent in every respect! Truly an outstanding dining experience!exSpecial Features:
- BBBLBBBLDined on 8/28/2014The food is consistently outstanding. Waiters are knowledgable on the extensive wine selection. We enjoyed a delicious Argentinian Cabernet made with an Italian influence that was excellent and affordable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My date had never been before; she loved it. There's a reason why it is my favorite restaurant- great food, great winelist, great atmosphere & great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "Hitch" MoveMillsDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant is exceptional. My waiter, and the manager, Fred, was courteous, friendly, attentive, and was around whenever we needed him. His recommendations were spot on for our palettes and the young lady I brought with me was blown away. It was perfect! She left with high spirits--and that's all I wanted. The view of downtown Kansas City is stunning and the ambiance complements the classy vibe of the establishment. As far as customer service is concerned, it was top notch. I actually forgot my hat at the restaurant and Fred called my cell phone and is holding it for me. This kind of service and quality is what will keep this restaurant around for decades. I'll be back!!!! Cheers!Special Features:
- First timeMattDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time visting Pirops. The food was wonderful. She had the filet and I had the rib eye. What a wonderful atmosphere and view. Prices were very good I thought for the service and food. Will go again!Special Features:
- Dinner at PiroposenjoysfoodDined on 8/16/2014We loved our dinner experience celebrating my husband's birthday by dining at Piropos! The food was excellent, could not have been better. We highly recommend the filet with the brandy cream sauce and the seafood platter, they were both delicious!!The waiter was friendly and made great recommendations. Only small note of criticism is there was a long time between course servings, so if a on a time table not the place to got. However we had a great view of the downtown KC skyline and we were not in a rush so did not mind.Special Features:
- jacomojoeDined on 8/16/2014Very beautiful restaurant & great staff. We never felt rushed and had great service!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTboneDined on 8/16/2014First time at Piropos as we celebrated our Anniversary .... Service was very good ... our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. The 8oz. Peppercorn-Encrusted Filet in a Brandy Cream Sauce was served with way too much sauce ... The lobster risotto was overcooked. My wife's Mixed Grill of the Daily Seafood Selection, Shrimp & Scallops was awesome! Our waiter offered desert at no charge in consideration for the overcooked lobster risotto, which we appreciated and accepted.Special Features:
- Authentic ArgentinianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service! It was nice to eat in a restaurant that is not a chain. I will definitely come back here again and again.Special Features:
- Great Place for Special OcassionsSpecialDatesDined on 8/15/2014We like to come here to celebrate special events. They never fail to give us an enjoyable experience.Special Features: