Piqueo Restaurante & Bar
13215 Grant Rd
Cypress, TX 77429Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Piqueo Restaurante & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piqueo.com/
- Phone: 2814044190
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gerry Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant is closed for private events of 60 or more guests.
- Private Party Contact: Adriana Sarmiento 2814044190
A word from Piqueo Restaurante & Bar
Piqueo is a Peruvian term in Spanish, which is used to refer to tapas-type dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Piqueo Restaurante & Bar - Best Restaurants in CyFair ›
Piqueo Restaurante & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (12)special occasion (10)romantic (9)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Piqueo - yum!kgillDined on 8/29/2014Joined two friends for a long evening of catch-up. The service was excellent, and we never felt hurried, despite our dawdling on a Friday night. We started with filet miñon tacos, followed by the delicious pear salad, and ended with the empanadas. All were excellent, beautifully presented and oh-so-tasty! The server was attentive but non-intrusive. As always, Piqueo, you met and exceeded my dining expectations!Special Features:
- The Owners are there...LaFamiliaDined on 8/27/2014The Owners are always there...that makes all of the difference in the world, and Man Can Gerry Cook. Every dish has its on "wow factor". We love Tapa night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceFrank2SandiDined on 8/26/2014Our server, Antonio, and the owners make this a special place to return to, time and time again. We celebrated our wedding anniversary (47) in a perfect atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceCjandcjDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant looks like they just opened, so service is very lacking. Took a while for each dish. Tried this place for HRW, good selections for HRW, but food was mediocre. Nothing extraordinary to tell friends about. Would not go back. Houston has too many great restaurants and foods to try without wasting your money and time on a place with poor service and bad good. Paella sucked.
- DisappointingBLeePVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was very bland and the service was slow. Several dishes on the menu were not available. Not the Peruvian gem I was hoping for
- Excellent Latin Food with a TwistRickTheTravelerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great food items from a variety of Latin cultures with a bit of a mix to them. Their steak variations are excellent as are the mussels, ceviche and several fish dishes. They have some unusual, but excellent cocktails. My favorite is the Basil Martini. Wine list is extensive with a strong tendency toward Italian and South American wines. Service is excellent with a friendly atmosphere. Good place for business or pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 8/11/2014Not a place I would take my young kids, but a GREAT place for date night! Try the empanadas and the lomo saltido!!!! We LOVE this restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!dindinDined on 8/8/2014Everything was great! Loved the pear salad. Ropa vieja dish was delicious! Especially loved the mas duro plantains - just sweet enough, and the yucca. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, great servicePepperDined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit and was just as good this time as the last. Prices are too high for frequent dining but okay for a special occasion. Our waitress was superb even though she was obviously swamped; they could use more help. Our only complaint was the music, it overwhelmed our conversation at times and the drums were annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian DiningJC74Dined on 7/29/2014Tonight we had the pear salad it was delicious, the layers of flavor were heavenly... Next the Tiradito de Tuna.. The tuna was sliced thin with Nikkei sauce it was wonderful. We enjoy trying a different tapas every time we go to Piqueo... We love exploring new flavors and interesting combinations of foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful tapasmujerlindaDined on 7/19/2014We went with another couple and had 8 of their tapas. Everything was good and the garlic shrimp was really outstanding. We really should have stopped at the tapas but went ahead and ordered food also. I had beef tacos which were ok - not as good as what I was expecting. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- TapasBrianDined on 7/11/2014They have very good tapas and are very reasonably priced, a great spot to order various types and share over wine.Special Features:
- Peruvian DiningJC74Dined on 7/11/2014This is a delightful family run restaurant in a quiet neighborhood. Their tapas are unique and flavor forward. Try the ceviche and then at the end have the servicer bring you a shot of Pisco. Pour the remaining ceviche juice into the Pisco shot and sip. Wonderful!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerChampionseatsDined on 6/14/2014Lovely dinner at Piqueo, we were first time visitors despite living very close by. The food was excellent, a great choice of tapas and also larger plates. The cocktail list looked impressive but we opted for wine, which runs around $40 for a cheaper bottle which I did think was a bit pricey. Service was also very good and the restaurant had live music which made a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunch2wineVIPDined on 5/11/2014The brunch menu was wonderful. We all tried different specials. The pears with prosciutto and gongorzola cheese was a stand out.Special Features:
- 2seniorgourmetsDined on 5/8/2014Always a pleasant dining experience. Friendly owners and staff. The service was better than usual on this occasion. The special "steak night" three course dinner was not only a great bargin, but all was delicious.Special Features:
- The following 220 reviews are from the Piqueo Restaurante & Bar reviews archive.
- Loved itHTownFoodNerdVIPDined on 5/2/2014The three things you have to try: Basil Martini, Chicken Chicharron, and Provoleta. All of these items were fantastic recommendations by our waiter. It was a beautiful night so we sat outside. The outdoor dining is limited but still okay if the weather is right. There was not much of a crowd there for a Friday night. Hopefully business picks up because Piqueo is a great place to eat. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice for a groupUnwine54Dined on 4/26/2014Ambience was wonderful, excellent guitarist! Shrimp al ajuillo was excellent! Fish macho was excellent! Fish tacos were ok. Drink special was ok. A bit pricey for taste. Excellent waitress! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Churros!!!JCE3142Dined on 4/19/2014Very good food and nice place, green sauce could use some spice. The tapas plates of the empanadas and Frito Mixto were very tasty. The orders are large enough to share and enjoy around the table. You will be full with a couple of them. The Churros are awesome! A must try!!!Special Features:
- Better all the timeJimnGloDined on 4/17/2014It seems that every time we go to Piqueo, it is better than the last. Their specials are excellent, and the "non-specials" are even better.Special Features:
- Dinner dateTinnie2SomeDined on 4/12/2014Food was very good, nice change from all the TexMex around Houston. The prices are a little stiff, so probably not a place you would visit on a regular basis. Our dinner for two with appetizer, three glasses of wine, two entrées and tip was almost $100.00. Had a nice sax player so there was some nice background music and not too loud as they sometimes tend to be. Overall a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeclarissaDined on 4/4/2014This was our first experience and we enjoyed it. Food was fabulous along with the service. I highly recommend their Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double great experience at PiqueoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014This was our second dinning experience in one month at Piqueo; the food, the ambient, the friendly attitude of the Adriana and Gerry and the great service simply were simply outstanding. It's feels like returning to old friends. Great restaurant! We'll return as many times as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adrianna has done it again!NealDined on 3/13/2014Adrianna has done it again! Not only an all-star with Mezzanotte next door but this Peruvian gem is unmatched and unbeatable. True to form, genuine and much like a night in the heart of Peru. Authenticity to the max. Thanks Adrianna, you'll see us often, Caroline et famille from Lafayette, Louisiana now in Cypress, Laissez les Bonne Temps Roulez!Special Features:
- Jazz and Latin food!LJinTXDined on 3/1/2014Harry Shepherd a jazz vibraphonist played on Saturday night - outdoors - seemed to draw some fans out. We arrived after his start time and there were no tables available outside. The maitre'd was not overly helpful however Adriana was and accommodated our wishes for being able sit outside and listen to the music. I started with the quinoa salad which seems to change over time- was abit watery this time and didn't really resemble salad - a mold of watery quinoa plus leaves on the side. It was delicious before when more of a salad. The shrimp tacos were outstanding with 2 different spicy sauces - would definitely order again. Ceviche and shrimp chowder were also tasty as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the tacosCyndeeDined on 3/1/2014This was our first visit, the food excellent. We had shrimp and mussel appetizers they were very tasty. but the real winner were the tacos to die for... the wine list is very good to say the least. The service was slow however the owner/manager apologized and bought us a drink. we will return!Special Features:
- Took my friends from SouthJohnDined on 3/1/2014Took my friends from South America here and they loved it. Food is unique and delicious, with great ambience for going to a nice dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Poor serviceSkimasterDined on 3/1/2014The reservation was for 630. Sat immediately, but had to flag waiter for water, he was delivering to table seated after us, 15 minutes. Ordered libations & appetizer but didn't get drinks until 720, then received chips & sauce soon after. And appetizer closer to 730. It's a shame that the service was awful b/c the food is spectacular. Albeit, the dessert portion is quite miniscule.
- Great Food and ServiceDutchFTAB73Dined on 2/22/2014My wife and I have been occasional patrons of Piqueos and Mezzanotte for the last 5 years. We capped off a great day with one of the best meals I have ever had at Piqueos on Saturday February 22. Lacy, our server, was energetic, engaging, and provided exceptional service. From the Piscorita, through the ceviche pescado appetizer, to the Steak Gaucho and Lomo Saltado entrees, all were absolutely superb! We ordered a bottle of Argentine Malbec that was one of the best wines I have ever had. Finally, the flamenco guitarist helped create an atmosphere that was incredible. Gerry and Adriana knocked it out of the park again! We love this place and the people who own and staff it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time backpamhikerVIPDined on 2/21/2014The food just keeps getting better. The glazed carrots lovely, shirt ribs fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednes day NIght Is a Great NightJoyPVIPDined on 2/19/2014Wednesday Night is a great night to visit. It is Tapas night. It is a great way to try several different dishes in smaller portions! The food was terrific and the service was superb. Our waitress really knew the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an OK experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014A group of us went there for a birthday dinner and were interested in trying something new. The restaurant had a limited menu, due to Valentine's weekend which was understandable. The atmosphere gave the restaurant an elegant feel, but the food did not hold up as well. I read about the offerings before arriving there and was particularly excited about trying the chicken chiccharons. They were anything, but "crispy" (as the menu describes). They were VERY dry and chewy. I also had the short ribs, which were bland. My fiancé ordered Arroz con Pollo and the chicken was bland, as well. The rice was full of flavor, but it was overpowered by beer and onions. The drinks on the other hand, were extremely delicious.Special Features:
- Be Prepared to Wait,.Wait and WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014This is our last visit to this restaurant. After giving it about 7 tries over the past several months, we experience consistently unacceptable wait times (even with different servers) and poor overall service. We waited 17 minutes for a waitress to take a drink order and 12 minutes more for that to appear at the table. Bread had been replaced with greasy chips; ask for chips and wait over 8 minutes. Ask for a refill and wait over 12 minutes. Average time from check request to check delivery is about 20 minutes. Average time from giving a credit card to getting the receipt--about 18 minutes. Food is average; prices high. A simple dinner for two (appetizer, entree for each) with only soft drinks came to just over $77 (15% tip and tax incl).
- Declining serviceSosteelDined on 2/15/2014We started out all right because it wss an early reservation. Food was competent if not spectacular and the server got the wine, appetizers, and entrees out quick. Then, as the dining room filled, he disappeared and it was obvious they were understaffed and he.had too many tables. It wasn't just slow - he forgot to bring requested items, had to be reminded to bring the check, etc. This was not our first visit but the performance was bad enough that it might be our last.Special Features:
- A good experienceFoodNoviceDined on 2/14/2014A little disappointed when we found out that we couldn't order from the regular menu. Considering what was said on the confirmation email when we made our reservation: ... We will have our regular menu available plus Valetine's Specials. ... We like the ambience, the food and the entertainment. We tried different items. If we order the PERA SERRANA in the future, we'd ask to have it served as dessert, since it's too sweet for a salad. The Empanadas were OK. Our main courses were good, we had the LOMO SALTADO and PAELLA VALENCIANA. Interestingly, the LOMO SALTADO is pretty much the cousin of a dish called 'Vietnamese Stir Fry Beef and Potatoes'. But the later is much cheaper! ;0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood gem.Foodluvr1Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful neighborhood gem. Peruvian fusion cuisine was really very good. The wait staff is always there right when you need anything. Wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niche find in Peruvian foodmattDined on 2/13/2014Really great representation of Peruvian and Argentinean.hand crafted items, very tasty and good value. Try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty new menu!LJinTXDined on 1/31/2014We decided to try the new menu - many of the good old favorites are there and some delightfully tasty new items - fish tacos, shrimp tacos and tostadas w/ filet mignon! We enjoyed ceviche, quinoa salad, a fish dish and the tostadas along with a 90-pt rated Argentinean cab - yummy! Can always count on Gerry and Adriana for fabulous food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(Nessa0412Dined on 1/25/2014I did all of my research on where to take my grandma for her bday, & considering our Latin culture I knew she was going to love this place. First, even though I made reservations for 8 on a Saturday; they didn't seem ready for us at all. The waiter didn't even know what was on the appetizer menu when we asked "what was good", we waited for over 30 min for bread to be brought to the table, & waited another 15 minutes for water and drinks. Once we ordered, we waited another 20-35 min before the food starting coming out & 2 of our guests didn't get their plates of seafood until the rest of us were done eating. (one of the dishes served first was a 1 inch thick well-done steak). We also ordered dessert, which was as bland as the food! Don't go!
- Great food.Food4UsDined on 1/25/2014Looking for a quiet Saturday night, just the two of us this time. Went for full meals rather that the usual Tapas. Split the shrimp chowder and then had main courses of Lomo Saltado and Chicken Linguini. Everything was very good and wine by the glass worked well. Live music added to the evening. By the time we left several groups were starting to arrive and it looked like it was going to be a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.