1633 W Snow Ave
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piquanthydepark.com/
- Phone: (813) 251-1777
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Organic, French American
- Executive Chef: Rosana Rivera/Ricardo Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full scale catering, rentals, staffing, and beverage service available both on and off-site. Let us help you negotiate a venue rental, or execute the wedding of your dreams. We are a one stop shop to put you in touch with the right vendors, at the right price and make planning your special event as stress-less and delicious as possible.
- Entertainment: Cooking Class 2nd Wednesday of Every Month
- Special Events: Check out our website for updates on wine dinners, cooking classes, and joint events with our friends in Hyde Park Village!
A word from Piquant
Chef crafted, chef driven, chef inspired. Authentic epicurean cuisine. Every item. Every dish. Every day. The right way! Individually prepared with passion, care, culinary expertise and refinement for your dining pleasure. It’s the Experience Worth Tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piquant - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Piquant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (30)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (14)special occasion (14)notable wine list (11)romantic (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We loved our meal - everyone was gracious and I had them bake us a small cake for our anniversary that was delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,service could be betterSTfoodieDined on 11/8/2014The food was really delectable, but server did not pour the water. We had to do it ourselves. The cheese board came out but no one explained what the cheeses were until after we were halfway done and we had to ask.It took a while for the sharing plates to come out and then all came out at the se time. We had barely any room on our table. Cocktails were very refreshing and savory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/6/2014Brunch on a weekday was slightly disappointing. Our reservation was for 10am and by then they were already out of baguettes, OJ and a few other select menu items. It was by no means crowded so it makes me wonder how they could have been out of so many things. The waitress was quick to suggest other similar items and we liked what we ended up ordering. Overall I will still recommend this restaurant to friends and I will continue to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother eating here for dinnerCPatelDined on 11/1/2014The service was terrible. The waitress didn't bother to pour the water in our glasses and the same happened for the wine when it arrived at our table. It was a very chilly evening and we were seated right in front of the door when there were plenty of other tables available. Don't order the rack of lamb-the meat tasted bland and the mashed potatoes had the consistentcy of boxed. The veggie flatbread seemed as if the crust was cooked separately and then the veggies were poured on top the crust. I ended up just eating the veggies alone and leaving the crust. The waitress then asked if I liked my meal. I said no and she didn't bother asking why or seeing if there was anything she could do to fix it. Definitely won't be back here for dinner.Special Features:
- PiquantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Very good food Cassoulet (?sp) outstanding Not crazy about large sports bar on one end and very open bakery on other end. And what's with the small clear plastic chairs. That said, the food is good enough to get us back, very much sooner than later.Special Features:
- TreasureLePejDined on 10/30/2014I have been going to Piquant for more than a year. Since I work in Hyde Park area, I usually get my coffee and fix of sweets at this restuarant. The owners are the chefs and are very kind and cater to their clients needs. So far, I have not had a bad experience and the food has always been delicious. That is a bold statement for a New Yorker because I am spoiled by the numbers of great restaurants that are available to dine in.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceLMNYCTPAVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food is always consistent and the recent visit was a nice surprise with an exceptional waitress (lunch time 10/24)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place For LunchIdaQVIPDined on 10/23/2014Went to lunch here with a friend for the first time. We sat outside. It had a nice cafe feel. The food was delicious. Salads were fresh and quite large. Service was very good. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time But Not Last TimeSAVORYVIPDined on 10/21/2014This was our first time at Piquant but it definitely will NOT be our last time. Its nice to see a Breakfast restaurant offering such "goodies" in this area. The menu was diverse enough to offer up interesting breakfast and lunch fare as to certainly please every palate. The bakery items looked and smelled divine. So many choices this is a "must return to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereVeryPleasedDined on 10/18/2014Our server Amanda was really nice and attentitive. The food and pastries were delightful. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood French BistroBellaGirlDined on 10/4/2014Excellent staff, excellent wine list, excellent specials, but you can't drink on the patio. :( Other than that, wonderful.Special Features:
- Very GoodRojoRobVIPDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed our meal. We look forward to returning and trying it for breakfast, looks like a great breakfast, I'll let you know!Special Features:
- PiquantLoriRDined on 10/2/2014The food was prepared perfectly and was delicious. I had the rack of lamb that was cooked to perfection and extremely tasty. The portion size was on the skimpy side (only 3 ribs) which left me craving more. The small portion short ribs had a great flavor but more like a soup than a dish. The server must have been new. He tried extremely hard but continually had to run to the kitchen for answers to our questions. It was a lovely night to eat outside, but we chosen to dine inside since liquor was prohibited outdoors. The server said something about waiting for "zoning", but the previous restaurant served liquor on the patio. A delicious meal non the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencenotafanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Piquant is always fabulous! Great ambiance, great food, great presentation. Well done - I always leave looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A yummy gemLllllDined on 9/29/2014Food was a little on the salty side for me, but I would still go back! Mango mousse was like biting into a juicy mango without the awful pulp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at Piquant !CDMontrealDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I just looked for an opening in South Tampa at a specific time through open table and stumbled across this gem. It was slow in there for a Friday at 6:00 pm so we were a little skeptical at first. Once inside you will find a large pastry case with a multitude of great French pastries. The overall feel is contemporary and it's done nicely, nothing over the top. The staff was friendly and the server was versed on the menu. We had an appetizer, I had two small plates as entrees, a mets soup of sorts that was great and smoked scallops which were also good. My wife had the small ribeye and it was good but not great. It was too thin for a ribeye. We want home with a bag of pastries, all of which were excellent. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed excellent food and service.SeabeeDined on 9/18/2014Good Menu & presentation; staff happy to be working there; easy parking. Also has catering, 'take out' and desserts/pastries ready to buy.Special Features:
- Great spot!donnagDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the cocktails, creative meal choices, and even took some goodies home from the bakery counter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchgastroDined on 9/12/2014was not very impressed with wine list for a supposed French inspired dining experience. Food was ok but didn't exceed my expectations. Price point didn't go along with the food and atmosphere but still had a great time with the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid meal in Hyde ParkTodd1961VIPDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I went after reading other reviews and hearing firsthand comments from friends. A solid restaurant without question. The prices are what is to be expected, and the food and service are not disappointing in any way. If you are in Hyde Park and you want to break out of the box, then do Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty.BellaDined on 8/23/2014Nice environment, it looked very posh, although the chairs were not that comfortable. The service was excellent. Food delicious, with a good variety -and creative options. The desserts were really good too- all fresh made pastries. And the fresh made garlic bread was the best! They had a bunch of fancy creative cocktails, the ones we tried were delicious, but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to make an impression?BLSICDined on 8/22/2014My wife needed a night out after the first week of school with the kids and I wanted it to be a place that showed I researched and spent some time looking for just the right place....and this place delivered. Unique crafted cocktails, scallops like no where else and an owner working the tables along side of her team. My wife deserved a great experience and she left feeling just that way. Thank you for a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Course MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The expert chefs have prepared a 5 course dinner paired with wine that is spectacular. Excellent for special occasions since the staff and chefs make you feel so special with great food and multiple visits to your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenMindDined on 8/21/2014Chef Ricardo did a masterful job on the Lobster Risotto, and the mussels were also very well executed, tender and flavorful. Jumbo sea scallops were likewise cooked to perfect temperature, but could have benefited from a hotter searing for more brown crusty appearance. The desserts were scrumptious; we had pear tart tatin, and a combo of house-made ice creams that included salted caramel. The pastry case was chock full of interesting looking treats, so we plan to go back for a brunch to try them out. Service was a little uneven, with next course dishes brought to table before dishes were cleared, and had to refill our wine glasses ourselves, but otherwise an overall pleasant first time experience for us in a convenient neighborhood.Special Features:
- Love the foodSuechauDined on 8/16/2014I like that they small plates of some of the entrees. I had the scallops .they were incredible. The mussels were the best I've had as our foursome agreed. Perfect night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Amanda is a wonderful server and very knowledgeable. The food here is very good and a nice experience. Desserts are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was excellentAlainDined on 8/8/2014We were delightfully surprised by the quality and taste of the food. The "frites" were just how you would expect real "frites" to be. Heard that they have Poutine sometimes, can hardly wait.Special Features:
- Busy placegirlintheroomDined on 7/28/2014Piquant first became known to me when my daughter brought home their cronuts, the combination of their croissants and donuts, which apparently sell out quite early in the morning. When I met friends there for lunch, the place was already packed, and apparently I was the only one who had made a reservation. We ordered sandwiches, which were quite large and good, accompanied by a generous portion of fries. Since we dined on a Monday and the restaurant was full, Piquant should be a restaurant that will survive in this competitive business. BTW, Piquant's display of pastries is quite tempting, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Piquant reviews archive.
- really tasty!LiberaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were extremely pleased with our dinner at Piquant. Delicious ham croquettes, excellent Asagio flatbread, refreshing petit salad, and a most interesting petit cassoulet, cooked more like a chili than the standard French beans w/whole sausage and/or meats. It was fabulous. We will be going back soon to explore more of the menu. And their baked in house breads - have to go back for a loaf or two of those, also. Our wait person, Amanda, was charming, energetic, and knowledgeable about the food and the wines. So glad we tried Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBabyGDined on 7/12/2014We visited Piquant for our anniversary. The hostes greeted us happy anniversary! This brought a smiles to the Mrs. face. The food was delicious, the waitress was very nice and took time to explain the menu. She provided us her opinion on what her favorite dishes are and why. We will definetly be back. On the way out, I was told bruch is their specialty. I can't wait to give it a try.Special Features:
- Great FindobrionDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here prior to going to a show at the Straz Center. Could not have been better. The service was exceptional, and the waitress was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu, and she had some great recommendations. They also had a jazz group playing, which was ideal as they provided some great background music, but were not so loud that you could not carry on dinner conversation. It was an excellent date night dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring at 5pm....luvsgreatambianceDined on 7/4/2014This place had great food and a nice staff, but was a bit pricey for a pre-fireworks bite to eat. The place was empty and therefore slightly uncomfortable as the waitstaff was all standing around talking as we were the only people in the place. I had never been here for dinner and probably will not return with my family...it's a great place to meet with the girls for lunch! (oh, and I wanted a cronut, however at $4.50 a pop it was a bit too pricey to sate my sweet tooth for one doughnut!)Special Features:
- Great FindSueHVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've taken two cooking classes and had both breakfast and dinner at Piquant. Food and service are great. Highly recommend the risotto! Only "con" is that it is so loud in there it's hard to hear your dining partner(s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food done with passionDrschafesVIPDined on 6/20/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The pasta carbonara was home made pasta and a traditional sauce. The yucca app was a real treat.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!SandysDined on 6/15/2014Absolutely love Piquant! We love the food that the trained Chefs make. The food is a farm to the table concept..meaning the food is organic, cage free, and grass fed. I also learned that they buy strictly from local vendors and they really care about there community, and Patrons. I would say that Piquant is one of the best Restaurant that I have ever been to! Love the endless wine, and champagne menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes us come backfoodieenigmaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amanda was amazing!!!!!! We have become regulars here because of the great food and Amanda's above and beyond service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentLarzkeVIPDined on 6/7/2014As I have found with most restaurants in Tampa, the food is good but nothing great. The grouper was cooked well but the risotto it was served with had too much garlic. The pork chop was tastey but vastly overpriced. I often have sticker shock when the bill comes when dining out in Tampa and this was no exception. I eat out a lot and have shelled out some extravagant sums for dinner but the food here is just not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great for breakfast, not dinner.TampaFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/5/2014My boyfriend & I go to Piquant for breakfast at Piquant regularly & it's awesome. Great selection, good prices, beautiful environment. We decided to check it out for dinner & were not impressed. The entrees were WAY overpriced for the quality of the food. The service wasn't the best. The environment & drinks were the only saving grace. Definitely not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and Casuaql Dining OutLadiesChoiceDined on 5/30/2014Dined here for lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. The selection and quality are outstanding. Everyone in my party agreed we would be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentlovetoeatVIPDined on 5/30/2014Overall good. Seemed short of help. Sat in the bar area. Bartrnder was doing double duty at bar and waiting on the tables in the bar area. Had to go to the bar several times to request additional items. When salads were served theywere warm. Not cold as they should have been.. Entrees were excellent. Restaurant just seemed to be in the weeds that night. Have eaten there before and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.