1633 W Snow Ave
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piquanthydepark.com/
- Phone: 8132511777x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Organic, French American
- Executive Chef: Rosana Rivera/Ricardo Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full scale catering, rentals, staffing, and beverage service available both on and off-site. Let us help you negotiate a venue rental, or execute the wedding of your dreams. We are a one stop shop to put you in touch with the right vendors, at the right price and make planning your special event as stress-less and delicious as possible.
- Entertainment: Cooking Class 2nd Wednesday of Every Month
- Special Events: Check out our website for updates on wine dinners, cooking classes, and joint events with our friends in Hyde Park Village!
A word from Piquant
Chef crafted, chef driven, chef inspired. Authentic epicurean cuisine. Every item. Every dish. Every day. The right way! Individually prepared with passion, care, culinary expertise and refinement for your dining pleasure. It’s the Experience Worth Tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piquant - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Piquant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (26)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- First Time But Not Last TimeSAVORYVIPDined on 10/21/2014This was our first time at Piquant but it definitely will NOT be our last time. Its nice to see a Breakfast restaurant offering such "goodies" in this area. The menu was diverse enough to offer up interesting breakfast and lunch fare as to certainly please every palate. The bakery items looked and smelled divine. So many choices this is a "must return to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereVeryPleasedDined on 10/18/2014Our server Amanda was really nice and attentitive. The food and pastries were delightful. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood French BistroBellaGirlDined on 10/4/2014Excellent staff, excellent wine list, excellent specials, but you can't drink on the patio. :( Other than that, wonderful.Special Features:
- Very GoodRojoRobVIPDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed our meal. We look forward to returning and trying it for breakfast, looks like a great breakfast, I'll let you know!Special Features:
- PiquantLoriRDined on 10/2/2014The food was prepared perfectly and was delicious. I had the rack of lamb that was cooked to perfection and extremely tasty. The portion size was on the skimpy side (only 3 ribs) which left me craving more. The small portion short ribs had a great flavor but more like a soup than a dish. The server must have been new. He tried extremely hard but continually had to run to the kitchen for answers to our questions. It was a lovely night to eat outside, but we chosen to dine inside since liquor was prohibited outdoors. The server said something about waiting for "zoning", but the previous restaurant served liquor on the patio. A delicious meal non the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencenotafanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Piquant is always fabulous! Great ambiance, great food, great presentation. Well done - I always leave looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A yummy gemLllllDined on 9/29/2014Food was a little on the salty side for me, but I would still go back! Mango mousse was like biting into a juicy mango without the awful pulp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at Piquant !CDMontrealDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I just looked for an opening in South Tampa at a specific time through open table and stumbled across this gem. It was slow in there for a Friday at 6:00 pm so we were a little skeptical at first. Once inside you will find a large pastry case with a multitude of great French pastries. The overall feel is contemporary and it's done nicely, nothing over the top. The staff was friendly and the server was versed on the menu. We had an appetizer, I had two small plates as entrees, a mets soup of sorts that was great and smoked scallops which were also good. My wife had the small ribeye and it was good but not great. It was too thin for a ribeye. We want home with a bag of pastries, all of which were excellent. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed excellent food and service.SeabeeDined on 9/18/2014Good Menu & presentation; staff happy to be working there; easy parking. Also has catering, 'take out' and desserts/pastries ready to buy.Special Features:
- Great spot!donnagDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the cocktails, creative meal choices, and even took some goodies home from the bakery counter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchgastroDined on 9/12/2014was not very impressed with wine list for a supposed French inspired dining experience. Food was ok but didn't exceed my expectations. Price point didn't go along with the food and atmosphere but still had a great time with the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid meal in Hyde ParkTodd1961VIPDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I went after reading other reviews and hearing firsthand comments from friends. A solid restaurant without question. The prices are what is to be expected, and the food and service are not disappointing in any way. If you are in Hyde Park and you want to break out of the box, then do Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty.BellaDined on 8/23/2014Nice environment, it looked very posh, although the chairs were not that comfortable. The service was excellent. Food delicious, with a good variety -and creative options. The desserts were really good too- all fresh made pastries. And the fresh made garlic bread was the best! They had a bunch of fancy creative cocktails, the ones we tried were delicious, but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to make an impression?BLSICDined on 8/22/2014My wife needed a night out after the first week of school with the kids and I wanted it to be a place that showed I researched and spent some time looking for just the right place....and this place delivered. Unique crafted cocktails, scallops like no where else and an owner working the tables along side of her team. My wife deserved a great experience and she left feeling just that way. Thank you for a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Course MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The expert chefs have prepared a 5 course dinner paired with wine that is spectacular. Excellent for special occasions since the staff and chefs make you feel so special with great food and multiple visits to your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenMindDined on 8/21/2014Chef Ricardo did a masterful job on the Lobster Risotto, and the mussels were also very well executed, tender and flavorful. Jumbo sea scallops were likewise cooked to perfect temperature, but could have benefited from a hotter searing for more brown crusty appearance. The desserts were scrumptious; we had pear tart tatin, and a combo of house-made ice creams that included salted caramel. The pastry case was chock full of interesting looking treats, so we plan to go back for a brunch to try them out. Service was a little uneven, with next course dishes brought to table before dishes were cleared, and had to refill our wine glasses ourselves, but otherwise an overall pleasant first time experience for us in a convenient neighborhood.Special Features:
- Love the foodSuechauDined on 8/16/2014I like that they small plates of some of the entrees. I had the scallops .they were incredible. The mussels were the best I've had as our foursome agreed. Perfect night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Amanda is a wonderful server and very knowledgeable. The food here is very good and a nice experience. Desserts are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was excellentAlainDined on 8/8/2014We were delightfully surprised by the quality and taste of the food. The "frites" were just how you would expect real "frites" to be. Heard that they have Poutine sometimes, can hardly wait.Special Features:
- Busy placegirlintheroomDined on 7/28/2014Piquant first became known to me when my daughter brought home their cronuts, the combination of their croissants and donuts, which apparently sell out quite early in the morning. When I met friends there for lunch, the place was already packed, and apparently I was the only one who had made a reservation. We ordered sandwiches, which were quite large and good, accompanied by a generous portion of fries. Since we dined on a Monday and the restaurant was full, Piquant should be a restaurant that will survive in this competitive business. BTW, Piquant's display of pastries is quite tempting, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really tasty!LiberaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were extremely pleased with our dinner at Piquant. Delicious ham croquettes, excellent Asagio flatbread, refreshing petit salad, and a most interesting petit cassoulet, cooked more like a chili than the standard French beans w/whole sausage and/or meats. It was fabulous. We will be going back soon to explore more of the menu. And their baked in house breads - have to go back for a loaf or two of those, also. Our wait person, Amanda, was charming, energetic, and knowledgeable about the food and the wines. So glad we tried Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBabyGDined on 7/12/2014We visited Piquant for our anniversary. The hostes greeted us happy anniversary! This brought a smiles to the Mrs. face. The food was delicious, the waitress was very nice and took time to explain the menu. She provided us her opinion on what her favorite dishes are and why. We will definetly be back. On the way out, I was told bruch is their specialty. I can't wait to give it a try.Special Features:
- Great FindobrionDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here prior to going to a show at the Straz Center. Could not have been better. The service was exceptional, and the waitress was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu, and she had some great recommendations. They also had a jazz group playing, which was ideal as they provided some great background music, but were not so loud that you could not carry on dinner conversation. It was an excellent date night dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring at 5pm....luvsgreatambianceDined on 7/4/2014This place had great food and a nice staff, but was a bit pricey for a pre-fireworks bite to eat. The place was empty and therefore slightly uncomfortable as the waitstaff was all standing around talking as we were the only people in the place. I had never been here for dinner and probably will not return with my family...it's a great place to meet with the girls for lunch! (oh, and I wanted a cronut, however at $4.50 a pop it was a bit too pricey to sate my sweet tooth for one doughnut!)Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the Piquant reviews archive.
- Great FindSueHVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've taken two cooking classes and had both breakfast and dinner at Piquant. Food and service are great. Highly recommend the risotto! Only "con" is that it is so loud in there it's hard to hear your dining partner(s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food done with passionDrschafesVIPDined on 6/20/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The pasta carbonara was home made pasta and a traditional sauce. The yucca app was a real treat.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!SandysDined on 6/15/2014Absolutely love Piquant! We love the food that the trained Chefs make. The food is a farm to the table concept..meaning the food is organic, cage free, and grass fed. I also learned that they buy strictly from local vendors and they really care about there community, and Patrons. I would say that Piquant is one of the best Restaurant that I have ever been to! Love the endless wine, and champagne menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes us come backfoodieenigmaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amanda was amazing!!!!!! We have become regulars here because of the great food and Amanda's above and beyond service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentLarzkeVIPDined on 6/7/2014As I have found with most restaurants in Tampa, the food is good but nothing great. The grouper was cooked well but the risotto it was served with had too much garlic. The pork chop was tastey but vastly overpriced. I often have sticker shock when the bill comes when dining out in Tampa and this was no exception. I eat out a lot and have shelled out some extravagant sums for dinner but the food here is just not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great for breakfast, not dinner.TampaFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/5/2014My boyfriend & I go to Piquant for breakfast at Piquant regularly & it's awesome. Great selection, good prices, beautiful environment. We decided to check it out for dinner & were not impressed. The entrees were WAY overpriced for the quality of the food. The service wasn't the best. The environment & drinks were the only saving grace. Definitely not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and Casuaql Dining OutLadiesChoiceDined on 5/30/2014Dined here for lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. The selection and quality are outstanding. Everyone in my party agreed we would be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentlovetoeatVIPDined on 5/30/2014Overall good. Seemed short of help. Sat in the bar area. Bartrnder was doing double duty at bar and waiting on the tables in the bar area. Had to go to the bar several times to request additional items. When salads were served theywere warm. Not cold as they should have been.. Entrees were excellent. Restaurant just seemed to be in the weeds that night. Have eaten there before and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor customer service!!!MeBeDined on 5/16/2014It took me 20 mins and asking for my waitress to have someone come to our table. Her name was FRAN, never apologized, never introduced her name and most of all didn't smile. It wasn't busy that lunch but she was busy talking to the2 host receptionist who was useless too. My husband never got his pickles when the guy said hell be back. I was upset with lack of customer service that I didn't even enjoy my lunch. No manager around. Will not come back nor recommend to anyone!
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I enjoy everything I have tried there. They do food very well. The drink list is also good. The service is OK. Had to repeatedly ask for water and at times it took a while for the staff to come around, but very friendly. Overall great place. This was the first time we went for dinner and we enjoyed the two man band :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchHydeparksnobDined on 5/11/2014I have dined here for both lunch and dinner and it is great. We never leave without getting some pastries! Not the best buffet. I don't think French foods lend itself to this setting. I must add the deserts were the highlights!Special Features:
- Who knewUofmdguyDined on 5/11/2014Piquant was fantastic from food to service, Hyde Parks not so hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food ?PaulDined on 5/10/2014French food imitation ? Too salty...too much cheese...odd taste...it was an interesting dinner..but I first discover Piquant for delicious croissant ,and will continue to enjoy them...Special Features:
- Great meal, outstanding servicenauticoonsDined on 5/10/2014We picked Piquant because of its location and its rating in Trip Advisor. It was easy to find, and parking was also easy. We were quite early, and we were seated immediately. The server was extremely knowledgeable, and although she did a bit of hovering at first she eventually calmed down and did an outstanding job. We had the chartercuterie (cold-cut) platter as a started, and the smoked pork pate was wonderful. Followed that up with a "small plate" of pork belly/grits and one of beef Bourguignon with a side of potatoes dauphinois. All small plates were very tasty, although they could have been hotter. We finished up with two small pastries from the bakery case, which were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Small PlatesFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We grazed on several small plates and everything was delicious. That's the best way to get a good sampling of different flavors and specialties from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'adore Piquant!DinaBallerinaDined on 4/20/2014We ate at Piquant for Easter brunch...the food was spectacular! The chef offered an incredible variety of options and personally checked in on our table. The maître D, seeing that we had our infant in a stroller offered to move us to the best possible table, which was at the end of a banquette in the quietest location of the restaurant...without us having to ask. I've eaten here for lunch and also had my baby shower at Piquant...I've never tasted anything I wouldn't order again. Try Piquant because of my good review...go back many more times because of your own experience there. Andy husband has one word for you: cronut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.