1633 W Snow Ave
Tampa, FL 33606Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piquanthydepark.com/
- Phone: 8132511777x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Organic, French American
- Executive Chef: Rosana Rivera/Ricardo Castro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full scale catering, rentals, staffing, and beverage service available both on and off-site. Let us help you negotiate a venue rental, or execute the wedding of your dreams. We are a one stop shop to put you in touch with the right vendors, at the right price and make planning your special event as stress-less and delicious as possible.
- Entertainment: Cooking Class 2nd Wednesday of Every Month
- Special Events: Check out our website for updates on wine dinners, cooking classes, and joint events with our friends in Hyde Park Village!
A word from Piquant
Chef crafted, chef driven, chef inspired. Authentic epicurean cuisine. Every item. Every dish. Every day. The right way! Individually prepared with passion, care, culinary expertise and refinement for your dining pleasure. It’s the Experience Worth Tasting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piquant - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Piquant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (29)great for lunch (24)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Enjoyed excellent food and service.SeabeeDined on 9/18/2014Good Menu & presentation; staff happy to be working there; easy parking. Also has catering, 'take out' and desserts/pastries ready to buy.Special Features:
- Great spot!donnagDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed the cocktails, creative meal choices, and even took some goodies home from the bakery counter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchgastroDined on 9/12/2014was not very impressed with wine list for a supposed French inspired dining experience. Food was ok but didn't exceed my expectations. Price point didn't go along with the food and atmosphere but still had a great time with the company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid meal in Hyde ParkTodd1961VIPDined on 9/5/2014My girlfriend and I went after reading other reviews and hearing firsthand comments from friends. A solid restaurant without question. The prices are what is to be expected, and the food and service are not disappointing in any way. If you are in Hyde Park and you want to break out of the box, then do Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty.BellaDined on 8/23/2014Nice environment, it looked very posh, although the chairs were not that comfortable. The service was excellent. Food delicious, with a good variety -and creative options. The desserts were really good too- all fresh made pastries. And the fresh made garlic bread was the best! They had a bunch of fancy creative cocktails, the ones we tried were delicious, but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to make an impression?BLSICDined on 8/22/2014My wife needed a night out after the first week of school with the kids and I wanted it to be a place that showed I researched and spent some time looking for just the right place....and this place delivered. Unique crafted cocktails, scallops like no where else and an owner working the tables along side of her team. My wife deserved a great experience and she left feeling just that way. Thank you for a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Course MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The expert chefs have prepared a 5 course dinner paired with wine that is spectacular. Excellent for special occasions since the staff and chefs make you feel so special with great food and multiple visits to your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenMindDined on 8/21/2014Chef Ricardo did a masterful job on the Lobster Risotto, and the mussels were also very well executed, tender and flavorful. Jumbo sea scallops were likewise cooked to perfect temperature, but could have benefited from a hotter searing for more brown crusty appearance. The desserts were scrumptious; we had pear tart tatin, and a combo of house-made ice creams that included salted caramel. The pastry case was chock full of interesting looking treats, so we plan to go back for a brunch to try them out. Service was a little uneven, with next course dishes brought to table before dishes were cleared, and had to refill our wine glasses ourselves, but otherwise an overall pleasant first time experience for us in a convenient neighborhood.Special Features:
- Love the foodSuechauDined on 8/16/2014I like that they small plates of some of the entrees. I had the scallops .they were incredible. The mussels were the best I've had as our foursome agreed. Perfect night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Amanda is a wonderful server and very knowledgeable. The food here is very good and a nice experience. Desserts are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was excellentAlainDined on 8/8/2014We were delightfully surprised by the quality and taste of the food. The "frites" were just how you would expect real "frites" to be. Heard that they have Poutine sometimes, can hardly wait.Special Features:
- Busy placegirlintheroomDined on 7/28/2014Piquant first became known to me when my daughter brought home their cronuts, the combination of their croissants and donuts, which apparently sell out quite early in the morning. When I met friends there for lunch, the place was already packed, and apparently I was the only one who had made a reservation. We ordered sandwiches, which were quite large and good, accompanied by a generous portion of fries. Since we dined on a Monday and the restaurant was full, Piquant should be a restaurant that will survive in this competitive business. BTW, Piquant's display of pastries is quite tempting, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really tasty!LiberaVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were extremely pleased with our dinner at Piquant. Delicious ham croquettes, excellent Asagio flatbread, refreshing petit salad, and a most interesting petit cassoulet, cooked more like a chili than the standard French beans w/whole sausage and/or meats. It was fabulous. We will be going back soon to explore more of the menu. And their baked in house breads - have to go back for a loaf or two of those, also. Our wait person, Amanda, was charming, energetic, and knowledgeable about the food and the wines. So glad we tried Piquant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBabyGDined on 7/12/2014We visited Piquant for our anniversary. The hostes greeted us happy anniversary! This brought a smiles to the Mrs. face. The food was delicious, the waitress was very nice and took time to explain the menu. She provided us her opinion on what her favorite dishes are and why. We will definetly be back. On the way out, I was told bruch is their specialty. I can't wait to give it a try.Special Features:
- Great FindobrionDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here prior to going to a show at the Straz Center. Could not have been better. The service was exceptional, and the waitress was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu, and she had some great recommendations. They also had a jazz group playing, which was ideal as they provided some great background music, but were not so loud that you could not carry on dinner conversation. It was an excellent date night dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring at 5pm....luvsgreatambianceDined on 7/4/2014This place had great food and a nice staff, but was a bit pricey for a pre-fireworks bite to eat. The place was empty and therefore slightly uncomfortable as the waitstaff was all standing around talking as we were the only people in the place. I had never been here for dinner and probably will not return with my family...it's a great place to meet with the girls for lunch! (oh, and I wanted a cronut, however at $4.50 a pop it was a bit too pricey to sate my sweet tooth for one doughnut!)Special Features:
- Great FindSueHVIPDined on 6/26/2014I've taken two cooking classes and had both breakfast and dinner at Piquant. Food and service are great. Highly recommend the risotto! Only "con" is that it is so loud in there it's hard to hear your dining partner(s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food done with passionDrschafesVIPDined on 6/20/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The pasta carbonara was home made pasta and a traditional sauce. The yucca app was a real treat.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!SandysDined on 6/15/2014Absolutely love Piquant! We love the food that the trained Chefs make. The food is a farm to the table concept..meaning the food is organic, cage free, and grass fed. I also learned that they buy strictly from local vendors and they really care about there community, and Patrons. I would say that Piquant is one of the best Restaurant that I have ever been to! Love the endless wine, and champagne menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service makes us come backfoodieenigmaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Amanda was amazing!!!!!! We have become regulars here because of the great food and Amanda's above and beyond service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentLarzkeVIPDined on 6/7/2014As I have found with most restaurants in Tampa, the food is good but nothing great. The grouper was cooked well but the risotto it was served with had too much garlic. The pork chop was tastey but vastly overpriced. I often have sticker shock when the bill comes when dining out in Tampa and this was no exception. I eat out a lot and have shelled out some extravagant sums for dinner but the food here is just not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great for breakfast, not dinner.TampaFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/5/2014My boyfriend & I go to Piquant for breakfast at Piquant regularly & it's awesome. Great selection, good prices, beautiful environment. We decided to check it out for dinner & were not impressed. The entrees were WAY overpriced for the quality of the food. The service wasn't the best. The environment & drinks were the only saving grace. Definitely not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and Casuaql Dining OutLadiesChoiceDined on 5/30/2014Dined here for lunch and dinner and enjoyed both. The selection and quality are outstanding. Everyone in my party agreed we would be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decentlovetoeatVIPDined on 5/30/2014Overall good. Seemed short of help. Sat in the bar area. Bartrnder was doing double duty at bar and waiting on the tables in the bar area. Had to go to the bar several times to request additional items. When salads were served theywere warm. Not cold as they should have been.. Entrees were excellent. Restaurant just seemed to be in the weeds that night. Have eaten there before and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Piquant reviews archive.
- Very poor customer service!!!MeBeDined on 5/16/2014It took me 20 mins and asking for my waitress to have someone come to our table. Her name was FRAN, never apologized, never introduced her name and most of all didn't smile. It wasn't busy that lunch but she was busy talking to the2 host receptionist who was useless too. My husband never got his pickles when the guy said hell be back. I was upset with lack of customer service that I didn't even enjoy my lunch. No manager around. Will not come back nor recommend to anyone!
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I enjoy everything I have tried there. They do food very well. The drink list is also good. The service is OK. Had to repeatedly ask for water and at times it took a while for the staff to come around, but very friendly. Overall great place. This was the first time we went for dinner and we enjoyed the two man band :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchHydeparksnobDined on 5/11/2014I have dined here for both lunch and dinner and it is great. We never leave without getting some pastries! Not the best buffet. I don't think French foods lend itself to this setting. I must add the deserts were the highlights!Special Features:
- Who knewUofmdguyDined on 5/11/2014Piquant was fantastic from food to service, Hyde Parks not so hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food ?PaulDined on 5/10/2014French food imitation ? Too salty...too much cheese...odd taste...it was an interesting dinner..but I first discover Piquant for delicious croissant ,and will continue to enjoy them...Special Features:
- Great meal, outstanding servicenauticoonsDined on 5/10/2014We picked Piquant because of its location and its rating in Trip Advisor. It was easy to find, and parking was also easy. We were quite early, and we were seated immediately. The server was extremely knowledgeable, and although she did a bit of hovering at first she eventually calmed down and did an outstanding job. We had the chartercuterie (cold-cut) platter as a started, and the smoked pork pate was wonderful. Followed that up with a "small plate" of pork belly/grits and one of beef Bourguignon with a side of potatoes dauphinois. All small plates were very tasty, although they could have been hotter. We finished up with two small pastries from the bakery case, which were exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Small PlatesFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We grazed on several small plates and everything was delicious. That's the best way to get a good sampling of different flavors and specialties from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'adore Piquant!DinaBallerinaDined on 4/20/2014We ate at Piquant for Easter brunch...the food was spectacular! The chef offered an incredible variety of options and personally checked in on our table. The maître D, seeing that we had our infant in a stroller offered to move us to the best possible table, which was at the end of a banquette in the quietest location of the restaurant...without us having to ask. I've eaten here for lunch and also had my baby shower at Piquant...I've never tasted anything I wouldn't order again. Try Piquant because of my good review...go back many more times because of your own experience there. Andy husband has one word for you: cronut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchCandyDined on 4/20/2014We took our daughter's family to brunch Easter Sunday. All enjoyed beautifully presented, delicious food in the light airy dining space in Hyde Park. Attentive servers circulated. A jazz band played. It was relaxed and lovely. The parking garage is just across the street. They took reservations for Easter, though I understand was an exception.Special Features:
- Took 30 minutes to get glassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Took 30 minutes to get glass of wine, server was awful, food was mediocre, and I would have hoped for something more in the Hyde park neighborhood.
- brunchmonBeliDined on 3/17/2014French inspired dishes are fabulous. Service was our only draw back to giving a better review. First they advertise on open table reservations for brunch then once we arrived hostess stated they didn't have my reservation because they do not take reservations. We gave our phone number for a "text back." After 30 minutes I checked back and they stated they didn't have my number after being given twice, this was frustration. Our waitress was not excited to be working this day. I was determined to have a pleasurable experience because the menu was inviting. Food was delicious. I will give it a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/wine, horrible serviceIrishlawDined on 3/8/2014All the food was perfect, for everyone. Service a disaster. Our server frankly has no business being a waitress, and my wife and I can say that having formerly worked in the industry. There are fast food employees that take more pride in service than our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abysmal serviceSg813Dined on 3/3/2014I hate to rate this restaurant so poorly, but our service was so abysmal, I don't think I'd ever return. Our waiter didn't know the specials of the day & never came back to our table after taking our order until we flagged him down for the check. I saw him eating something as he walked through the room twice, and my friend saw him do it once at a different time. He never refilled drinks - other waiters helped us out. I finally walked up to the counter to get dessert for our table. Our food took an exceptionally long time to come out (30 minutes or longer) - all I can guess is maybe he forgot to turn in our order. He blamed it on a large group backing up the kitchen - there were either 6 or 8 people. Not a huge group, in my opinion.
- Piquant- not all I was expectingMrsJLGDined on 3/2/2014We were looking forward to brunch at Piquant- this highly recommended restaurant. It was disappointing. We made a reservation and were seated swiftly. Service was friendly but terrible. Food was ok but not the gourmet we were expecting. Ambiance was nil. Overall we would not return.Special Features:
- Just opened for dinnerRickLVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a nice experience here, but you could tell they were still working some things out. Live music was a nice touch, the food was very good, and the service was great in the beginning, but then the waiter disappeared and got lost on his other tables. Would definitely come back. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Dinner for the Food!TastyGirlVIPDined on 2/28/2014First time here and will definitely go back! We ordered small plates in courses. First the Petite Short Ribs - tender, delicious and loved the pickled pearl onions. Soaked up the sauce with the bread, which seemed a little old. Next, the Pork Belly - nicely complimented with the grits and fig -Yum! And the best for last, U10 Scallops that were like butta! We both asked for the tea menu and ordered Yuka and Golden Dragon. Excellent. Decided to sample some desserts since they have a lovely Patisserie. They were out of the Chocolate Matisse, so Hubby got a Chocolate Raspberry tart, which he enjoyed. I ordered the L'Opera but was brought a Raspberry ice cream cake. Was eventually given the right dessert. Service overall was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.