PIPS On Labrea Restaurant
1356 S La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90019Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
PIPS On Labrea Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pipsonlabrea.com/
- Phone: 3239547477
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis Salvat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available on our outdoor patio.
- Private Party Contact: KC (323) 954-7477
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Every Night
Tuesday - Barbara Morrison
Weds - Special Guest Artist
Thurs - Shea Welsh & friends
Friday - Jeff Robinson
Saturday - Bob Desena
Sunday Brunch - Cal Bennett
A word from PIPS On Labrea Restaurant
PIP'S On Labrea Restaurant Wine Bar is a social gathering place, located in the Los Angeles mid-city area. The restaurant is recognized for its up-scale, casual environment, delicious food and impeccable customer service. Restaurant guests may select from a menu of mid-priced, gourmet dishes that accompany our wide selection of fine wines & imported beers. Our staff is chosen for their warmth, character and passion for delivering superior customer service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PIPS On Labrea Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasantly Surprised!jst1opinionDined on 9/28/2013A group of 6, and we all loved what we ordered. The live music was enjoyed by . Will definitely tell all mt friends about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightSaturdayDined on 9/21/2013Nice surprise in an unexpected part of town. The live Latin Jazz band was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond our expectations!CelebrityDined on 9/21/2013Couldn't of been more pleased. The service is A+ and food is outstanding. Great entertainment . I was so happy that I texted and called friends while we were still there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anytime of the day!!NikkiDined on 9/13/2013I brought my boyfriend here and neither of us had been here before, but knew the owner for years and finally had a chance to come in and eat and enjoy great food, great customer service and great live jazz. Definitely will be back and highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun hang with friendsJanelleDined on 9/10/2013I really enjoyed my night at Pips. The service was very good and the help meets you at the door with a great attitude. I arrived a little bit early and asked that I could get a table close to the stage area...that was no problem! They showed me a table in the perfect spot, and even though my friends we a bit late, they seated me anyway. The place was jumping because it was Barbara Morrison night, so it got a little noisy, but I was there to hear the entertainment anyway! A lot of fun, very reasonably priced and a good experience! I wish I lived a little bit closer!Special Features:
- Best kept secret in Los AngelesDariceDined on 9/8/2013Outstanding food and entertainment. On my favorite list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of Love in Your Backyard.imstillmarieDined on 9/1/2013Love this place. Very attentive to your every need. It's not often that an owner will take time out their busy schedule to meet their guests. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine music, fair diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2013This spot had high calibre musical talent the Thursday night I was there. Soul/R&B/jazz. The steak was good, though overcooked, everything else average, and the service, though nice and friendly, was not good. Wine was too warm. Come here for the entertainment, an app and a cocktail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchskijelliDined on 8/25/2013Celebrating a friend's birthday. Music was good and brunch had the standard brunch fare. Made to order Waffles, order pasta and eggs were very good. Champagne flowed very wellSpecial Features:
- Great for live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2013We went there looking for a place to sit outside (that's not a smoking session) and listen to music. On this night the band was playing inside, although they also have an outdoor stage. The music was a combination of blues, jazz, and hint of reggae but it all depends on the guest vocalist on Wednesday nights. Might be a little loud inside if you're trying to have deep, meaningful conversations but this isn't really the place for that. Great for relaxing and having a nice time. The huge ficus tree in the backyard and all the lights really add to the warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good vs. BadOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2013Entertainment was excellent; food was poor; hostess was pleasnat but table service was terrible in the beginning but was much better towards the end (thanks to waiter who came on the scene and did his best to make our evening enjoyable)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance & Live EntertainmentTrottingDined on 8/9/2013Nice Ambiance & Live Entertainment ...But the service needs improvement. They didn't seem to have enough staff to cover the number of reservations and tables for the evening. The food was just okay. A little over priced for the quality. I wouldn't necessarily go there again for the food but everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hide away, you wouldShayDined on 7/21/2013Great hide away, you would never know that you are on La Brea/PicoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to celebrateTyroneDined on 7/16/2013Great service and great food. We took a friend there for his birthday. He and his wife loved it and Barbara Morrison was a special treat. We've gone there in the past to see her and as usual, she put on a very nice show. A real professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2013The pasta I ordered was very good I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- DisappointingnfcwDined on 7/9/2013Service was attentive and friendly. Food was acceptable. Entertainment replacing scheduled vocalist was sub-par and much too loud. Restaurant had not set up for our party claiming reservation had not come through despite being made early in the morning. It was found and there was no problem.Special Features:
- Great brunch!LatashaDined on 6/16/2013I really enjoyed the ambience of the live jazz. Cal Bennet was a delight. I really appeciate how all of the servers came to your table and helped or even just checked to make sure you didn't need anything. The food was good and the brunch selection was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends had been travellingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2013My friends had been travelling around the U.S. for five weeks and this was their last night before flying back to Australia. I wanted to give them a uniquely 'American' experience. Where better than Pips where the featured artists were a choir singing Gospel Jazz. I love Pips as the staff are always so friendly and helpful. They have a great wine list that is reasonable and the food is terrific. Most importantly it is an old fashioned place where people gather because they love good music and those who love good music love to share the experience to it makes for a friendly and lively evening. My Aussie friends had only booked two nights in LA as they were not sure they would like the city. After Pips they cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing!SuperChickDined on 6/4/2013I just love this place! My Mom was visiting from out of town and I took her to see Barbara Morrison perform. She absolutely loved it. Ms. Morrison performs as if you are in her living room. She has a great sense of humor and kept us entertained with her beautiful voice and funny jokes. It was very quaint and elegant and we had a marvelous time. What a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013At the Sunday Brunch, the food, the service and the jazz was the best!! The mimosas and sangria were free-flowing!! A beautiful place to spend some time relaxing and enjoyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PIPS on LaBrea my New FavoriteReviewbyRegiDined on 5/30/2013PIPs on LaBrea was awesome in every way. The food was a delicious blend of italian and Creole - so good!.. The Thursday night music of Shea Walsh and Friends was first class. They played and sang jazz, blues, and R & B, masterfully. The venue is small, but everyone from waiters, to the owner and even other guest were so warm and friendly. Looking forward to going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came here for a graduationPdubDined on 5/29/2013I came here for a graduation celebration...it was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDandMDined on 5/29/2013Live blues late at night with some amazon Italian food and good and great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unacceptable food serviceinerjizeDined on 5/24/2013My guest and I were not pleased with the amount of time it took for us to receive our food. It took at least 30 minutes just to receive a salad. Unacceptable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musical FeastBellaDined on 5/23/2013Super place to enjoy live music and food, staff extremely friendly. Their open Patio enables guests to go in & out-- capturing the feel of a Private Party. Once you've been to PIPS you will want to support their passion to keep music going in L. A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazzy Sunday BrunchRayRayDined on 5/19/2013I had a small group join me at Pips for my birthday brunch. It was very nice. We really enjoyed it. The music and the saxophone player was awesome. The cook and wait staff were more than helpful, courteous and attentive to everyone's needs. The food was de-lic-ious!! I love the variety they had to offer and that there was healthy food also. We stayed until they were locking up and will definitely be going back soon. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & entertainingTracyDined on 5/18/2013I took my boyfriend to PIPs to celebrate his birthday. We enjoyed both the food and the band. It's a nice & friendly place with a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The Sat. Night band was outstanding old school and as entertaining as a Broadway performance. I give the food a grade A and the band a A++! We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoy this place.cocoDined on 5/14/2013I really enjoy this place. The atmosphere is good, music is always good. Food is outstanding. From the host to the servers everyone is delightful. Service is always great. Very attentive to your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PipsPhoodie1Dined on 5/12/2013EXCELLENT: Food, service and live entertainment. Owner is very friendly. Only been for brunch and its always been too notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with siblings and motherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013Went with siblings and mother for early Mother's Day dinner. We all enjoyed ourselves, especially the live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013This was my second time here and this was worst than the first time. Our waiter wasn't the friendliest rarely saw him so we ordered a salad and our main course we received our salad but it took a hour before we got our entree. There were groups that can after we had been seated who had received their food and left before we received ours. Finally tracked out waiter down and he said that because we ordered a salad they can't bring out anything else until we're done. When we kept implying he got an attitude when our food finally came it was just ok. Also there was a per person minimum which I didn't like at all. Wouldn't go back
- The dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2013The dining experience was excellent. Our dessert request (choc mousee)'was awful and was removed from the table. The waiter said that we could chose somethingelse I will return again for the entertainmentSpecial Features:
- The ambiance and entertainmentPkblueVIPDined on 4/23/2013The ambiance and entertainment was very good. The food was very bland and not tasty all. Not at all worth the price. Service was exceptional. Need a new chef.
- A very personal dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013A very personal dining experience with great music; like you are far removed from Pico and LaBrea.Special Features:
- Ther services was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Ther services was great. The food was good. I loved the entertainment - just wonderful. I wish there were more places in LA that offered live music. We are planning to go back for sure.Special Features:
- You don't know until you knowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013PIPS on La Brea is one of those places you find and want/need to go back to and have your favorite seat/table waiting. The food was great and the Saturday night Latin Jazz band was outstanding.
- Heavenly!!!DeniceDined on 4/12/2013Pips on La Brea is incredible! I go on Tuesday evenings just so I have the honor of seeing the incredible chanteuse, Barbara Morrison, entertain. And entertain us she certainly does! Her poignant yet delightfully playful rifs and serene melodies are the sounds that envelop your soul and are what dreams are made of! You'll be pampered by Derrik Pipkin and his team of charming professionals with seductive cocktails and a marvelous array of dining delights to tickle your tongue and your tummy too! Come in, sit down, relax and allow the wonderful angel babies at Pips carry your heart to a heavenly place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Music, great liveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Fabulous Music, great live bands and vocalist hated I had to leave early for the parade of talented artist gracing the stage. This was our second visit to PIPs and my husband loves the food; I don't care for Italian food so can't go by me, loved the salad though. Service is great staff is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Second time I go and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Second time I go and it was nice to have our waiter recognized my family and I. Very friendly person. Also music is great ! Thanks for the outstanding service.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013My friend suggested PIPS to me and I decided to go on my birthday! I really pigged out and enjoyed myself! The service was really on top of everything and very friendly! They kept the Mimosas coming when I was almost empty. :D The music was great too! The price for the Brunch was soo reasonable! And it included the tax and tip! Highly recommendedSpecial Features: