2208 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piola.it/
- Phone: 2029868729x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm. Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Stefano Carniato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Piola-Washington, DC
Started in 1986 in Treviso, Italy, PIOLA combines fun, food, and culture in a unique setting. Piola serves authentic Italian fare in a dynamic neighborhood setting that draws influence from all corners of the world. Thin crust gourmet pizzas in 61 different varieties, world famous homemade gnocchi , and traditional Brazilian Caipirinhas are just a few of the items you can indulge in at Piola. Piola also showcases the work of local artists, and is a frequently selected venue for fundraisers, charity events, and corporate receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piola-Washington, DC reviews from OpenTable diners
- PastaBeaVIPDined on 4/29/2014Gnocchi night is a must not miss. Really, they have the best gnocchi ever. My Italian grandmothers made gnocchi, my mother made gnocchi and I make gnocchi but theirs id the best around. There are about 12 sauces but really the star is the gnocchi. The service is very good and they keep bringing more and more. If you can't make it on the 29th, be sure to try the gnocchi.Special Features:
- Pizza Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014If you are a pizza freak, this place is for you! Bottomless pizza for $16.95 can't be beat! (And the Nutella pizza is to die for.) We arrived in the mood for food more-so-than-drinks. So, we all decided to get bottomless pizza and share a pitcher of Bellini (which was also cheap at 15 dollars and gave us about two drinks apiece). Definitely recommend this place for a low-key weekend brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Food is veryKarMyDined on 3/21/2014Great place! Food is very good, made with quality ingredients, even the simplest salads are delicious. I especially recommend the Tiramisu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is badOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014Very disappointed. Food tasted like it was frozen, gross chain food and just poor quality. Not fresh ingredients, very disappointed. Service was nice but food was bad. Won't be back.
- PiolaJayMDined on 2/14/2014I went to Piola DC for Valentine's Day and my wife enjoyed it. They had complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us. The tables were candle lit and the ambiance was romantic on the top level than the bottom. The food was very good and their menu is unique. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes pizza and wants a nice modern ambiance while they're enjoying their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time bruncherSparkleUVADined on 2/9/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my brunch experience at Piola! My party was sat immediately, the food was quickly made and tasted very good. When extra friends decided to join, the accommodation was made quickly and without any hassle. The drink tasted good and it was very nice having more than one choice. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great brunchAnonymousVIPDined on 2/1/2014Went for all you can eat pizza brunch and was fantastic. Service left a lot to be desired though - servers were very slow and at times very rude, despite the fact that they were not busy. Also, they had a rule that we could only have 1 carafe at a time (but a certain amount of people had to be there to even to get a carafe) for the bottomless deal, but then took forecer to bring a new one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what happened this timecalikity25VIPDined on 1/18/2014I have been to Piola several times for the bottomless brunch and have always had excellent service and food was. This time was a different story. I could see our drinks sitting up on the bar waiting to be delivered. Our server passed us numerous times without stopping to get drink refills or place another pizza order. Without warning, our server told us it was after 3 and brunch was over. When questioned why he didn't warn us he told us it was on the menu, which it wasn't, and that he was busy with a bigger party upstairs. The manager came to talk to us, was apologetic, and did bring us another round. I would like to go back but maybe after some of the servers turnover.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piola holds it's own on 14th StreetJamesDined on 1/8/2014The great DC pizza drought is finally over! With the arrival of Piola, Ghibellina, Etto, and Matchbox to 14th in 2013, this Italian-American transplant from NY has died and gone to heaven. Every place I've listed here (and let's not forget neighborhood veteran, Posto) has it's own specific charm and vibe. The commonality is that each produces quality neapolitan/brick/wood-fired oven style pizza. It just depends on what suits your specific tastes. The atmosphere at Piola is casual/neighborhoody. The servers, friendly and relaxed. Prices, moderate for this 'hood. Pizzas, pastas, and deserts are all very solid. That's a great feat! Salads are so-so in my book. Piola earns extra points for it's sheer variety of pizza options. Try the San Paulo!Special Features:
- Very healthy saladsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/2/2014Piola has not only great pizza, but really healthy salads with good homemade dressings. The lunch deal of a pizza and salad combo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013We had a great time at Piola. It was a large group of us at brunch and the all you can eat pizza was perfect. We could share pizzas, keep ordering, and try everything. Our waiter was super helpful and very attentive. The pizzas were great- especially the Salmon one. Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!EileenDVIPDined on 12/14/2013Their brunch deal is a steal at $16 for all you can eat pizza and $15 all you can drink breakfast cocktails. They're amazing for groups as they have a big table by the window on the 2nd floor that can easily fit 15-20 people. Also, the breakfast cocktails are made with fresh made juice -- I had never had a mimosa with fresh-squeezed orange juice and now I don't know if I can go back! The pizzas are all solid and I loved the Breakfast in Beirut plate! Also you can't go wrong with Nutella pizza. Both times we came the service was great - highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza!AlainVIPDined on 10/27/2013Our party of three ordered three different pizzas and they all were absolutely delicious. My Italian wife (who every time a new pizzeria opens in DC is eager to try it, quite often leaving disappointed) was amazed by the quality of the dough and the real thin crust (perfect for those who love the Roman style of pizza, not the Neapolitan one). She ordered pizza Como, with porcini mushrooms and prosciutto crudo. The prosciutto is added AFTER the pizza is out from the oven not before, as it should always be done. We are surprised by some negative reviews: we would return again and again, to try them all (except the Honolulu one, which in fact should not be in any Italian menu....!). Upstair is much quiter than downstairs.Special Features:
- Awesome bottomless brunch!!calikity25VIPDined on 10/20/2013I love this place for their bottomless mimosa and pizza brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Pizza and CocktailsCathyDined on 10/13/2013Ladies and gentlemen, even if you are not the brunch type, you MUST make reservations for a Saturday or Sunday Bottomless Pizza Brunch at Piola. The cocktails are individually made, the pizza is baked to perfection, and there is plenty of variety from you to switch around and try different drinks and pizza creations. You will not regret this. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insult to ItalyYUMMYTUMMYVIPDined on 10/4/2013Our meal consisted of two different pizzas, a chicken entrée, and salads. The salads were at best ordinary, the chicken entrée was reasonably good although the sauce was quite thick, but the two pizzas were simply terrible with poor quality toppings. I will not be returning.
- You should cut the pizza inGoodVIPDined on 9/28/2013You should cut the pizza in samller pieces than 1/4 pizza. The slices are too big. Nice service staff.
- Great Pizza!BvbcDined on 9/14/2013Delicious thin crust, good balance between sauce and cheese, and great toppings. I am certainly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum! We'll be back!AnthomaniacVIPDined on 8/17/2013Excellent pappardelle Bolognese! Husband loved his pizza and appreciated that, unlike most other places where we dined on this weekend trip, Piola actually had his favorite summer ale on tap. This was worth the hike over from our hotel. We look forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not FabulousDCPhotoGuyDined on 8/10/2013Everything here seems competent and good -- but lacks anything that makes it truly fabulous. Some dishes probably need a little bit of a kick -- be daring use some spices! On one brunch visit, the pasta dish was obviously from the previous night and unevenly heated in a microwave. When pointed out to the staff, they quickly responded and produced a fresh dish. But we did have to hunt down the server who was outside smoking.g. Service on other visits was much better. We'll be thinking of it as a neighborhood haunt to revisit. Just no raves, just yet.Special Features:
- Great Pizza and even better servicetpirchDined on 8/10/2013The food was great, we had a few different pizzas for the table, we enjoyed them all. The service was great as well. Also we had our son (22months old) and is kid friendly too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Looks and Tastes ItalianotberburVIPDined on 7/25/2013We arrived at Piiola not knowing what to expect from an international chain. We were pleasantly surprised that the pizzas looked and tasted like the better pizzas we ate while traveling in Italy. Pies are nicely cooked, with a crisp crust, and are moderately topped. A regular-sized pizza and a drink made for a satisfying meal. One difference between this branch of Piola and an Italian pizzeria is the sound level: Piola is much louder, thanks to an extremely loud and lively bar whose din carries to the dining room upstairs. Service was responsive and efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent and reliableMLRVVIPDined on 7/19/2013Good place to go when you want to go out for dinner but without going all out. Great happy hour that goes until 8:00.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in the DMVLilaDined on 7/6/2013Make sure you have the Rio de Janeiro pizza with caipirinha. It is the best. Love the VA place, now I am in love with the D.C. location. For sure, my family and I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood additionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2013Casual but nice, fun, good food, good portions, good service, awesome happy hour. Any questions?Special Features:
- Casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2013Great for a tasty, casual dinner that's easy on the wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013Good quality food and service, big portions and good price. Clean and nice decoration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2013Great Happy Hour with FREE apps! Pizzas were really tasty too. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always great pizza, good serviceOliviaDined on 6/14/2013Always great pizza, good service and great prices!Special Features:
- a must tryTinaEatsDined on 6/1/2013As a lover of gnocchi and pizza, I've had a lot of it many different places. I can say for certain that Piola's gnocchi and their pizza are both some of the best I've ever had! I also love the location and how they renovated the old building the're in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/29/2013The pizzas were delicious, as was the "all-you-can-eat" gnocchi dinner (available on the 29th of each month). Space was nice, airy and bright. Looking forward to returning to their outdoor patio upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JNBfromLoganSJNBfromDCDined on 5/25/2013Service, food, and ambience was great! Prices are fantastic as well. Definitely will be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great addition to the neighborhoodLovebrunchVIPDined on 5/21/2013Went here for the 50% off special (opening day) but will be returning for full price! Very authentic italian pizza, great topping choices, like the decor (brick wall/cool light fixtures). Hard to judge the service since it was day one but i think this spot will do wonderful in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2013Such a shame. This food is worse than dog food. OMG it's so surprising bc it is nicely decorated and everything is clean. The managers seem passionate and the service is good. The food is simply terrible. I can't say terrible enough. It won't last a year.