1550 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piola.it/
- Phone: 7035281502
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stefano Carniato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are three areas within the restaurant, that are appropriate for gatherings–large and small. Deck (Semi-Private) The deck area is not an enclosed space and is subject to sounds carrying from the entire dining room. Accommodates approximately 60 guests seated, 100 guests standing / mingling reception Full Dining Room (Semi-Private) The full dining room can comfortably seat 125 guests for a sit-down dinner or up to 200 guests for standing / mingling reception. Entire restaurant (Private event) The entire space may be booked only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Up to 140 seated guests inside the restaurant and 55 seated guests on our outdoor patio. Or up to 275 guests for standing/mingling reception.
- Private Party Contact: Nabil Achi 703-528-1502
- Cross Street: N. Pierce St.
- Public Transit: Piola is located 3 blocks west of the Rosslyn Metro Station, that is served by the blue and orange lines.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Piola validates parking after 5pm for the lot underneath 1550 Wilson Blvd. Access to this lot is available through the entrance on N Pierce St. Parking fare is $3 with a validation from Piola.
A word from Piola-Arlington
Located on Wilson Blvd. in the bustling Rosslyn neighborhood, Piola has already established itself as a phenomenon throughout the entire DC Metro area. Piola serves authentic Italian fare in a dynamic neighborhood setting that draws influence from all corners of the world. Thin crust gourmet pizzas in 61 different varieties, world famous homemade gnocchi , and traditional Brazilian Caipirinhas are just a few of the items you can indulge in at Piola. Piola also showcases the work of local artists, and is a frequently selected venue for fundraisers, charity events, and corporate receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piola-Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
- perfect for our eventPaddcDined on 3/31/2014We asked for a table for 17, college kids and chaperones and they had it all set up when we got there, food was reasonable and delicious, and the waitress was great, even did separate checks for everyone since they were all on individual budgets. Couldn't have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian pizzaJennyDined on 3/13/2014Pretty good italian pizza - nothing special, but good. I didn't know that this was a chain (Italy, US, Canada, Turkey, and lots of Latin American countries) until I got there. Ambience is nothing special but it's fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed with both theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2014Very impressed with both the salad and pizza. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT service. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014GREAT service. Restaurant was not busy (Sunday late afternoon/early evening) and server was attentive, knowledgeable, and courteous. We had 2 young, energetic boys with us too and everyone was accommodating. =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AdrienneDined on 2/15/2014Piola is one of our favorite local spots. Great atmosphere and delicious food!!! Our favorite pizza in the area. Try the Honolulu :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza!WendyBDined on 2/15/2014We LOVE the pizza at this restaurant. We live in Silver Spring but will drive all the way to Arlington for them. My husband comes here to get close-to-home pizza with the cheese he loves so much from Brazil. This time, I got the rolled bacon stuffed with gorgonzola cheese pizza. Whoa!! The strawberry caipiroskas are fabulous, too. It's really hard to find GOOD and authentic Brazilian caipirinhas (made with cachaca) and caipiroskas (made with vodka). I was in heaven with these. I wish they made dessert pizzas, like in Brazil. I've ordered dessert a couple of times there, and both times was disappointed with the weird, metallic flavor of the chocolate sauce. I also didn't like the TV in the main dining area playing a basketball game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for the great eveningBuckeyeDined on 2/13/2014Stranded in Washington during this past snowstorm (PAX) at a hotel with no food service: cab service was non-existent; had to walk to the restaurant; first it was the only place open for blocks: crowded great atmosphere: stayed most of the evening; best selection of pizza anywhere: great service and it made a gloomy day bright!Special Features:
- Great thin crust pizzaptonDined on 1/30/2014Sampled two marinara, one calzone, and one white sauce pizza, all were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The MenuDCAmateurChefVIPDined on 1/27/2014With so many distinct pizza combinations on the menu, it seems a bit silly to not allow customers to design their own.Special Features:
- Great wait staff and menuArlingtonDined on 12/7/2013Incredibly friendly and polite wait staff. Was relatively quiet for a Saturday night at dinner time. The menu is long -- lots of good options, but so many that it's difficult to navigate. Food is reasonably priced. Portions are standard. Food tasted good -- though pizza dough came out a little soggy though. One quirk: You have to request parmesan cheese, which is rationed by the server (they don't leave it on the table).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi night was great asArliVIPDined on 10/29/2013Gnocchi night was great as usual. I wish the gnocchi would come out more quickly, but this speed allows you to talk and enjoy your group's company, not just shovel food on your mouth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place to Meet UpAnonymousDined on 10/28/2013The server was friendly and provided perfect service. The salad was amazing, and the vegetarian pizza 151 with mozarella was very good plus there were so many options! Piolo is not far from the Rosslyn metro, and they validate parking so it only costs $3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local pizza placeArlingtonJayVIPDined on 9/27/2013Piola is within walking distance of home, so it's become our local pizza place. The appetizers are hit or miss, so we skipped them this time. A welcome addition to the menu are three beers from local brewery Port City! There are almost too many different kinds of pizzas, but we usually pick a couple and have been happy with the results. Not the best pizza we've ever had, but as long as they keep things going, we'll be back.
- Best for Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2013Multiple varieties and all are amazing. Be adventurous! Caitupiry cheese is a staple in Brazil so if you only go once, get Caitupiry cheese on your pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Food was wonderful, parking was easy but noise level was a bit much--if your looking for a great Happy Hour place this is a great place for you. Dinner with my family just a bit to loud.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2013Perhaps the restaurant was understaffed at the time I visited, but my friend and I waited a very long time for several things. Upon being seated, we waited quite a while to be asked for our drink orders (three other tables were seated and got drinks first). In addition, there were long waits and needed to ask multiple times for several things...another drink, a straw and glass, more bread, etc. The food was decent, but not sure I'd try the place again.
- Great food and rare outdoor seatingAnonymousVIPDined on 7/29/2013I have been to the Piola in Hallandale, FL and was excited to try the one in Arligton. The food was excellent! We were able to sit outside, which can be rare in that part of Arlington. We went on the 29th which is gnocci night, which is fantastic! For a flat rate you get all the gnocci you can eat. They walk around with gnocci in different types of sauces, up to 15 different varieties, and serve you as much as you would like. I highly recommend going on the 29th of the month for gnocci night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless PizzaJAMTVIPDined on 7/27/2013Friendly efficient service couldn't overcome tasteless pizza and soggy ingredients. House Chianti was flat and odd tasting. Atmosphere was early bus station.Special Features:
- Tasty pizzaVisitngDined on 7/24/2013Excellent choices for pizza toppings and they have a thin crispy dough, which I prefer. We took advantage of Ladies Night $2 glass of wine. No beer on tap/ draft but a decent choice for bottledSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner + half priced wineJamieDined on 7/15/2013Piola is a nice casual restaurant to meet friends. Our group of four ordered three individual pizzas and one pasta dish. We also split a salad to start. I wouldn't say the meal is anything extraordinary, but it's good food and you can't go wrong with half priced wine on Monday nights!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2013The seemingly endless, creative choices of pizza are all fantastic and the homemade pasta is some of the best in the area. Great happy hour specials, huge outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaginiroVIPDined on 7/8/2013I work right next to Piola and go regularly for lunch. I don't come during the lunch rush though, so I can't speak much about how they are during that time. It's usually pretty quiet after the rush. It was the same way this time around. My friend and I were one of the only ones in the restaurant. Our server was pretty attentive and our food came out in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:
- Going downhillveggiegrlDined on 6/29/2013This was the third time we went out to Lucky Gnocci night, and the third time that the waiters serving the gnocci didn't know what was in each round of gnocci served. Waitress was not helpful, actually insulting. Small things like spilling food on our table, not offering a glass with my beer, not going through the niceities of asking whether we'd like an appetizer, and being unfamiliar with the ingredients of the gnocci sauces made me feel like there was a lack of attention to the food and to us.
- LOUDER THAN A NASCAR RACEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Read YELP reviews and they are so off! Bring protective gear for hearing and microwave if you wa T hot food.Special Features:
- Great spot if going to Artisphere!foodietravlrVIPDined on 6/1/2013Definitely recommend trying Piola if you are going to an event at Artisphere nearby. (Artisphere patrons receive a discount, which is nice!). And most definitely come for the pizza--it's what Piola does best. It's not a fancy pizza joint but I love the casual atmosphere. My friend and I ordered white pizzas and were impressed. I tried the white pizza with scallions and it was amazing--really fresh. According to my friend the drinks are on the fruity side, so if you don't prefer sweet mixed drinks stick red or white wines offered. Overall a good place to try.Special Features:
- My favorite pizza in the whole areaAllysonVIPDined on 5/12/2013I love Piola's pizza ....it's exactly like the pizza that I ate when I lived in Italy and even now, when I travel to Bologna every year for work. Thin crust, fresh toppings - and they have an innovative list of unusual toppings as well as traditional. Plus - lots of tables. (I tried Pupatella and was sorely disappointed - I didn't like my toppings or the super crowded restaurant.) Plus, you can eat an entire pizza and not feel full. And they have wonderful salads as well - very fresh. I haven't tried the pasta yet - I can't get past the pizza and salad. I even had my "wedding rehearsal dinner" here a few years ago and everyone loved their meals.Special Features:
- The pizza was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013The pizza was fresh and delicious, I got the pizza with avocado, tomato and jalapeño; my friend got a margarita pizza; and my other friend got the como pizza. He said the prociutto was great. The only issue we had was our waitress. She was very nice/ friendly and when we asked if they had any specials she said no but then we found $2 glasses of wine liste for the entire night on little pamphlets at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza was average andGlobalDinerVIPDined on 4/27/2013The pizza was average and the pasta was way overcooked.
- PointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2013Note that they might not give you points when you make a reservation as this happened to us.
- Brick oven pizza lover'destinationFineDineDined on 4/14/2013We chose this restaurant for it's proximity to our hotel but was thrilled to find the wide variety of options. Very unusual choices for pizza toppings... We chose # 25 which had roasted eggplant, arugula, shiitake mushrooms and grape tomatoes. Delicious with a cold Stela Artois. We would definitely recommend Piola!Special Features:
- Worth a visitTheRage3KDined on 4/12/2013Been there for pizza a couple times and their pizza is very good, but today wanted to try something different - did their dinner menu and was pleasantly surprised. Beef carpaccio was very good although a bit overrun by the spinach leaves (made it feel more like a salad with carpaccio on the side). Would've preferred a smaller plate, less green...or to pay more and receive more meaty goodness :-D. Go for the happy hour, stay for the pizza, and experiment with the dinner menu...it's all good there.Special Features:
- Great food, poor waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Went here for mine and my daughter's birthday dinner. We had never been here before. They had two dollar glasses of house wine that evening, which my wife loved. Outstanding menu, almost too much to choose from, but then is that really a problem? Pros: GREAT food, delicious. Good proportions, just the right size. Great wine by the glass special for my wife. Cons: Waitress did not know the food items, could not answer any of our questions. Brought us the wrong appetizer and insisted it was the #610 (but did not know what that was exactly!). It was some sort of friend seafood and we ordered carpaccio. It also took a long time to get the appetizers, and when they came they arrived with dinner. I think she forgot to enter the ordSpecial Features:
- Service was slow for not beingRonnDined on 4/2/2013Service was slow for not being too busy there. Food was just ok. The gnoccii was overcooked and the sauce was like paste. Sandwich was plain and just ok tasting. Won't go back.
- Good place for different pizzaEthanChaseDined on 3/29/2013Picked this restaurant on a whim because we were in the mood for some good personal style pizzas. It did not fail us there, the food was good. Unfortunately, it didn't have the feel of a place we would really like.Special Features:
- This is a great spot for aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2013This is a great spot for a fun, low-key dinner. The food and service are great, and the atmosphere is very fun and energetic. You can come with a group of adults or kids and have a great time. Our server was very helpful and friendly and our pizzas and salads were excellent.Special Features:
- Food is outstanding. FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Food is outstanding. Fresh ingredients and very tasty.Special Features:
- Worth Visiting but LouddadsbdayDined on 3/1/2013Friendly waitstaff. Wide selection of excellent pizzas. Try the sangria. Ambience is hurt by industrial interior that is poorly done and feels forced. Incredibly loud. Would definitely go back because of food quality and waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great selection of pizza andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great selection of pizza and prices were very reasonable. The decor was comfortable, nothing fancy. It's a great place to enjoy thin crust Italian pizza with friends and family.Special Features:
- Love Piola! Great food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Love Piola! Great food and a wonderful staff. It quickly became one of our favorite date spots.Special Features:
- Yummy!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013The service was really good. The food was delicious and original, and it wasn't expensive at all.Special Features: