Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
104 2929 Sunridge Way NE
Calgary, AB T1Y 7K7Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pioperu.com/
- Phone: 4036817378x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken
We are a small family owned and operated Peruvian restaurant located in Calgary Alberta, serving the famous and fabulous Pollo a la Brasa, and other Peruvian favourites such as Ceviche, Lomo Saltado, Anticuchos, Picarones, and many more! Our goal is to bring authentic Peruvian food just as if you were in the streets of beautiful Peru! All food is made from scratch and with love. Enjoy the experience and the food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (1)Show More
- Welcoming atmosphereNickiVIPDined on 9/24/2014We have been here 3 times and they have always made us feel welcome - even when I make them suffer through my broken Spanish!! The food is consistently very good and we love the unique menu they offer at a reasonable price point. It always brings back good memories of our trip to Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chickensushigirlDined on 7/30/2014I'd been looking forward to trying this restaurant as I had heard some really good reviews. While the ambiance is non-existent, the food and service were good. I's an okay little place to grab a bite with a friend or family after shopping but definitely not if you are looking for something "special". We didn't try anything exotic as it really is all about the chicken... Loved the plantain starter!! The chicken was very juicy and tasty - the perfect amount of char and I also really enjoyed the mint, cilantro sauce served on the side. We both had the rotisserie chicken, I had the linguini and my friend had the cassava fries as sides. I found the pasta to bit saltier than I like but the fries were good and the piscojito very refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicesamunro1Dined on 7/25/2014We had never tried Peruvian food before and when we noticed that they were gluten free friendly we wanted to give it a try. We were amazed at the flavors of the food and the wonderful selection not only for the gluten free items but in general. Our waitress was very friendly and extremely helpful in helping us make our choices. Would definitely recommend this to our friends and go back ourselves when we are in Calgary, AB. Makes me want to go to Peru and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!scpetDined on 7/12/2014Didn't have to climb a mountain to get here, but it would be worth the trip if it was necessary. Always a wonderful experience to indulge in the flavors of Peru in a local establishment, surrounded by artwork that makes you think you have been transported during your dinner to the Machu Picchu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!PetePDined on 6/25/2014This place has wicked Food/Staff and brilliant valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spin on the same old same oldNickiVIPDined on 6/20/2014I am a chicken junkie and Pio puts a nice Peruvian flair on the usual. The staff is very friendly offering great service at this busy little restaurant. The ambiance certainly brought back memories from my recent trip to Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pio PeruvianrayjaycottonheadDined on 6/8/2014While the location (strip mall in the NE) isn't ideal, this spot is worth a visit. You don't get much for ambience, but the restaurant is clean, looks new-ish, service was friendly and quick, and the food authentic and delicious. Our group had the ceviche, chicken, trout, lomo saltado and tres leches dessert. All were amazing! Portions were a decent size, taste was great. Plantains were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.BonbonDined on 6/7/2014Very good service and good food. The Pio chicken for two was wonderful. Huge salad with good fries and nice chicken. Great Value.Special Features:
- Good enough for a first timeFlowerdrumsongVIPDined on 6/6/2014Peruvian food is tasty and service was good. The place is small and does not have the "ambiance" that one would expect as the place is really more like a little eatery - which is not bad. If you want no fuss, tasty dishes - then you will like it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Pio Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken reviews archive.
- great foode2014Dined on 5/30/2014Great food and service. recommend ceviche...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes like Latin America!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014I wanted to try Pio out for months now, based on great reviews that I had heard. We made a last minute reservation that ended up to be a half hour before their closing time (didn't realize that). The menu items were called what they really are, not dummied down for English-first people - big points for that! Everything was delish; the Ceviche, Soup of the Day (a fish soup) and AJI DE GALLINA – a Peruvian curry dish; all accompanied by a couple of traditional drinks. Fantastic! We will be SURE to return for another meal when we have more time to enjoy it. I should note that the staff did NOT make us feel rushed AT ALL, even though we had kept them a little later.Special Features:
- Wonderful night outcgerritsDined on 4/26/2014Took a friend for dinner to Pio and we enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Definitely a busy place, so don't forget to make a reservation ahead of time. It's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentnandoVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great food, well seasoned, and friendly service. I've made Peruvian Chicken at home before, and I must say this was even better and way easier. :) We'll worth visiting...oh, and the desserts!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, friendly service.ZachWDined on 4/11/2014We purchased a Travel Zoo coupon after reading the outstanding reviews online and we regret nothing about our decision. The service was super friendly and our server took the time to explain all of the food. She let us know their mayo is specially prepared with a little bit of zing, and she was right! She also let us try a couple of the juices they have as well which was great and it helped us choose our cocktails. We had an appetizer, two main courses and a dessert to share and we didn't have to wait more than five minutes between courses. I cannot speak kindly enough about the service - it was sensational!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveCalgaryDinerDined on 3/26/2014Went for the price fixe meal and it was awesome! Food was tasty, plentiful and exotic. Drinks are way overpriced, but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin Food LoversYvonneVIPDined on 3/15/2014We wanted to try almost everything on the menu but we only had room for so much. We ordered only appetizers this time so we get to taste a bit of all the appetizers. Everything was excellent! Next time we will order a few mains to try. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- great foodmk4jettaDined on 2/19/2014the food was very good, seemed fresh, and the service was pretty good. will dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pio ReviewForevercakesDined on 2/15/2014When we(me & my husband) got there, the line up was by the door. The restaurant is pretty small as people could not get a table so they had to order out. Those who were waiting for a table like us had to wait by the door, which was pretty inconvenient to those whom were going/leaving the restaurant. It was pretty crammed. Once seated we had the Valentines Day menu. The food was sooo delicious and vey filling. Dispute the space, the food overall was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but TastyFoodnutDined on 2/13/2014We were greeted right when we walked through the door. Service was great, we waited only a few minutes for our appetizer (tamales, which was flavourful and the right amount of seasoning). The entrees took a bit of time since we ordered the chicharron and the pio chicken. The portions were just the right size. The chicken was juicy and delicious and the accompanying sauces gave it an extra punch. Would highly recommend this place, good portions, tasty food and great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious....happyguestDined on 1/31/2014All of this ethnic food flavors were very well made...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different taste in CalgaryNEworkerVIPDined on 1/23/2014Great food and friendly service. Tender moist chicken with unique spice mixture. Also try the Limo Saltado which was delicious. Will definitely come back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Was perusing through OpenTable restaurants and thought we would try Peruvian - we really enjoyed the meal and drinks! Quality was very good - we will definitely return. The only thing was communication between the servers - we were asked the same questions by both servers a few times - I guess that's better than being ignored though. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away in the North-EastLukeDined on 12/13/2013Cultural diversity is abound in the north-east. A number of ethnic family-owned restaurants and cafes have opened up in the last few years. It is a shame that the rest of the city doesn't come and discover them. Every time, I see the word 'chicken' in a restaurant name, it reminds me of fast food like Kentucky Fried Chicken and I tend to shy away. I am glad I didn't at Pio. It is a family-run restaurant and has a bistro atmosphere. I have been there several times and each time, I order the chicken. The meat is so moist and tender that it almost melt in my mouth. Try one of the home-made specialty drinks (chica morada, jugo de maracuya). Next time, I may try the other items but it is the chicken that keeps me coming back.Special Features: