Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinzimini.com/
- Phone: 7035374200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am to 10:30am Monday through Friday; 6:30am to 12:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am to 2:30pm
Lunch: 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday; 12:00pm to 2.30pm Saturday
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Nightly: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Boyd Palker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pinzimini offers many of its menu items to go. Large party platters available for pick-up, perfect for office or home parties. Try Pinzimini pizzas ON-THE-GO and bring the freshness and aromas to your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are looking for a private room for a business meeting, company or family celebration, Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge features a refreshing ambiance for every special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Franck Ackah 7035374200
- Special Events: Pinzimini offers the following private dining options: a Private Dining Room for up to 40 seated guests and up to 60 for standing reception, and a semi-private room overlooking the courtyard for up to 30 guests. For more information and private dining menus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway
Located in the bustling neighborhood of Ballston, Pinzimini is not your traditional Italian restaurant. With a culinary philosophy of fresh, local ingredients and simple preparations, you can sign a contract at a power-broker business lunch or celebrate a done-deal over evening cocktails in the lounge. Our modern Italian cuisine mixes high-quality ingredients that display the creativity of our chefs, with fresh accents as well as seasonal salads and pastas. Pinzimini also offers patio seating to allow you to enjoy the weather on a beautiful day. We are located two blocks from the Ballston Metro on North Glebe Road in The Westin Arlington Gateway. 2 hours of complimentary valet parking available for all diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Relaxing Brunch AlfrescoTyCooperVIPDined on 9/28/2014The Pinzimini is my favorite neighborhood restaurant, a 15-minute walk from my home. On a sunny Sunday morning with a hint of fall in the air, I savored the experience. Dining alone on the patio, I enjoyed farm fresh eggs, sausage links, breakfast potatoes, and warm butter with sourdough toast. I used to take my dad to the the Pinzimini for breakfast or brunch about twice monthly, so I am greeted as a friend when I enter. We would dine in the sun room or out on the patio in solitude. The deliciousness of this meal, the soothing and relaxing ambience out on the patio, the scenic, relaxing walk to and from home, and the personal service that I receive remind me that I should stop by more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening dinner outBBJJVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food, wine list and service were awesome and we dined with friends from out of town. And the dessert selections were to die for. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there.UncleDined on 7/16/2014The place has the right atmosphere to be great. The menus is good. But, the food leaves a bit to be desired. I ordered the Stozzapreti Gamberi. The key ingredients pine nuts and fennel listed on menu were nowhere on my plate!Special Features:
- DittyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Underwhelmed by the portion size for the price of my roast chicken lunch.Special Features:
- The following 225 reviews are from the Pinzimini Restaurant and Lounge at The Westin Arlington Gateway reviews archive.
- Good for business lunchAshVT02VIPDined on 5/20/2014I go there all the time for lunch meetings because the tables are spread out nicely, giving you privacy. They have a great soud/salad/sandwich combo for a very reasonable price which I love. I believe they offer free valet parking for their restaurant as well. It's not typically very busy, so if you go on a randomly busy day you'll run into service problems because they're generally not staffed for that.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchSidConDined on 5/11/2014Four of us went and had a reservation for Mother's Day. No one was at the podium to receive us and I finally flagged someone down. They seemed busy but the restaurant was not full. Once seated we had to flag down someone to wait on us. Once we had our waiter all went well and the buffet was delicious, with a continental flair. A nice touch was when they delivered a cut rose to both me and my mother. Pricing was reasonable too. Would go again and definitely try dinner.Special Features:
- Slipping under, once, twice ...JAB611VIPDined on 3/6/2014Service and cuisine have slipped remarkably since last visit and is clearly reflected in the nearly empty restaurant! I was very disappointed and probably will not return anytime soon! Hopefully the lack of customers will force management to address the myriad of problems with this establishment before this one time hidden gem goes under for the third time! (Note: Service in a nearly empty restaurant should not be this spotty. No way should it have taken 15 minutes for someone to take an order with (counted them!) four seated patrons at only two tables!!)
- Good food good service - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2014Good food good service - great place for a meetingSpecial Features:
- As always - great food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014As always - great food and a good place to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexible is the WordOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Due to the snow...we both were a bit off in our timing. My guest arrived before I did...I was late . No problems. The table was held...everyone was kind and the food was hot. All you can ask for on a bad weather day with crazy traffic.Special Features:
- Great Food. Great ServiceBarryEDined on 2/5/2014Pinzi Mini has become my favorite place for lunch in Ballston. As soon as you go in you are greeted with a big smile from Maria the hostess. The service is also enjoyable and quick. Definitely ask for Lorenzo who does a great job with explaining the menu and getting you want you need. Everything I've tried at Pinzi Mini has been delicious.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Business MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2014Always clean, friendly with good food, this is my favorite place to have a meal and have a business discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/20/2013Good place to have quiet business lunch with ambiance.Special Features:
- Better than average hotel restauraNolafilleDined on 11/9/2013The restaurant was not at all crowded when I was there but it took quite a while to get a glass of wine. I was almost halfway through my dinner before it came. Food was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered a variety of smallVegetarianDined on 8/11/2013We ordered a variety of small plates and were pleased with all of our choices. I especially liked the trio of fried rice balls set on a three sectioned plate each in a different sauce. Good value, though not inexpensive. Reasonably sized portions--no left-overs to bring home. We particularly liked the fresh mixed olive oil/cheese spread that was prepared at the table and the good fresh bread to put the spread on--the bread would be even better if warmed.Special Features:
- DinnerDianeDined on 7/4/2013Dinner experiences at Pinzimini were totally different than lunch. I would recommend the restaurant only for breakfast and lunch. Night servers and employees, including cooks seem to have an agenda all their own. The employees stood around and talked to each other if not harrassing a guest. It was a degrading and a belittling experience at dinner.Special Features:
- Sunday ritualEFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2013We love seeing the staff's almost every Sunday after church service. The food is tasty and the service is impeccable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back for a second taste. MyAlexandriaLocalVIPDined on 3/28/2013Back for a second taste. My girlfriend and I love this restaurant. Very convenient in Ballston, terrific food, friendly and helpful service, and a nice atmosphere. Get a bottle of the 2010 Merryvale Carneros Pinot Noir with your dinner. You won't regret it!Special Features:
- Excellent service and goodDSHamlDined on 3/25/2013Excellent service and good food. Good for business lunch.Special Features:
- Good but not greatPortlandDinerDined on 1/30/2013Good but not great food. There are better options in Arlington.Special Features:
- The staff at Pinzimini wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/14/2013The staff at Pinzimini was very helpful and knowledgable. The service was spectacular and the food matched. This is definitely one of the hidden gems in Ballaton, the entire D.C. Area for that matter. The restaurant staff made sure that we had a memorable experience. Kudos to you guys.Special Features:
- Good food, nice ambience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/24/2012Good food, nice ambience, and great service. We went here since it was open on Christmas Eve. The menu was short, some of the portions were small for appetizers, and the prices were a bit high. Nonetheless, we had a few vegetarian options to choose from, and we had a very nice dinner - food and service.Special Features:
- Extremely MediocreAshleyDined on 12/7/2012There is absolutely nothing special about Pinzimini. My parents were staying at the Westin so I brought them there at 9pm on a Friday night. By 9:45 they had turned the lights on and were kicking us out, even though we were still eating. Plus, while we were trying to talk they were setting up for brunch the next day making a ton of noise. The food was bland and extremely overpriced. Our server came to check on us once, and I had to go to the bar to get a refill for my drink because he was no where to be found. If you want to overpay for bad food and service go here, but otherwise, spend your money elsewhere!
- This was our second time atAusmwoVIPDined on 11/23/2012This was our second time at Pinzimini and it was as good as the first. The Fritto Misto is the best I have ever had and the ribeye steak with mushrooms was cooked perfectly. The scallops were large and sweet and the dessert not too sweet or cloying. This fast becoming another favourite.Special Features:
- Low expectations - Great experienceSkierMomArlingtonDined on 11/17/2012My husband and I received a gift card for the restaurant - which resides in the Westin - about a mile from our house. We had walked by the restaurant in the past, and it always seemed emptyish at peak dinner times. Fearing it would close soon for lack of business, we decided to bring out 11-year-old twins for dinner on a Saturday night - so we didn't lose the gift card. Surprisingly, we had a wonderful experience! I think all this place needs is a little marketing. It was very quiet in terms of occupied tables - we were one of maybe six occupied tables on a Saturday night. Our server, Shimanto, was fantastic! Our food was fantastic! (don't miss Tuna with white bean salad!). My daughter's mushroom ravioli rocked. We WILL be back!Special Features:
- My family and I enjoyed ourAusmwoVIPDined on 11/2/2012My family and I enjoyed our meal at Pinzimini very much. We went their for our son's 11th birthday and will return because of the food, understated but attentive service and quiet ambience.Special Features:
- First time here for lunchsamdeeVIPDined on 9/26/2012First time here for lunch and it was a wonderful experience. The food and service were excellent. For $6 on Wednesdays, you can have a cup of fresh soup, cesaer salad and a half panini. They also have specials other days during the week. We definitely will return for lunch again as it was a true bargain in a very nice setting.Special Features:
- A magical birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012My family and I were celebrating my Great Aunt's 80th birthday and chose Pinzimini for the occasion. There was a little trepidation among some of the family when they heard we had chosen an Italian restaurant. Then they saw the menu. Items like Grayson's short rib and sides like sweet potato bacon and peach hash created a palpable excitement around our group. Our server was courteous and meticulous in taking our orders. As we waited in anticipation of our entrées we snacked on a few delicious appetizers and were pleasantly surprised when two off the chefs, Dodge and Graham, came to our table to wish our aunt a personal happy birthday! All of this wads tremendous, but faded into the background upon the arrival of our main courses. Amazing!Special Features:
- Another grand slam from PinziminiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012My second trip to Pinzimini exceeded even the amazing first time. This time, instead of a romantic date-night, we were celebrating a large family birthday. I had complete faith in the chefs and service staff based on my prior experience, but they outdid themselves this time. In all the years I have been dining with my family, I had never before seen an instance where all of them were even remotely satisfied by the same menu. That is, until the other night. Everyone eagerly ordered off the menu and I was astonished that even my mom made no special alteration requests! The only thing more surprising than this was that the food was even better than remembered. It was splendid! My family has blown up my phone in thanks for the Best dinner ever!Special Features:
- To celebrate a special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012To celebrate a special birthday for a friend who is a pescaterian and likes a good glass of wine, we chose Pinzimini. My ffriend loved the subdued lighting which set a relaxed mood but still allowed us to read the menu. Coincidentally, it was restaurant week so we chose to order all three courses. Her salmon and my filet were excellent as were the accompaniments and the salads and desserts. Though it was restaurant week, the dining room was nearly empty. Service was excellent and leisurely. Best of all, we were able to carry on a conversation in normal tones because it was so quiet!Special Features:
- Hope to make a second trip!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2012My friend and I went for Restaurant Week lunch today and had such a great time! The food was excellent, and locally sourced, with home-grown herbs. Our server, Carlos P., was so nice, as was everyone there: they treat their OpenTable customers incredibly well. The fresh-baked bread was in itself a treat: Carlos prepared a dip of olive oil, balsamic, parmesan and herbed salt, which was wonderful. We had the truffle and parmesan fries and the burrata as our appetizer, and both were great. The portions are very generous: we ended up taking most of our entrees (mahi-mahi and ravioli) home! Dessert of cake and espresso was lovely. We stayed for a very relaxing 3 hours, and the icing on it was that the valet parking was completely free!Special Features:
- Good spot for office lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012For a hotel restaurant, Pinzimini has exceptionally good food. We had a group of five and had no trouble getting a table and good service for Tuesday lunch. My companions liked their steaks and calamaris, and we all loved the gnocchi dishes--appetizer with gnocchi and cauliflower, and gnocchi salad. The gnocchi was cooked just right. My vegetarian mushroom ravioli had a superb taste but was over-salted. Please cut down on the salt and keep it on the menu! Prices are reasonable; can get entrees for $10-12. On this visit, we took advantage of the Restaurant Week three-course price of $20. The pear cake dessert and espresso dessert were delicious. Please turn down the air conditioning. We moved outside because it was too cold inside.Special Features:
- Ate outside and hoped to missOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2012Ate outside and hoped to miss delivery and garbage truck in nearby alley. When they come by it's so noisy you can't talk.Special Features:
- Excellent location for a businessluvgreatdiningexperiencesDined on 7/25/2012Excellent location for a business meeting, which is what we held. Staff treated us well and the food was good.Special Features:
- This was a great locationluvgreatdiningexperiencesDined on 7/18/2012This was a great location for a breakfast meeting. The staff made sure we were in a quiet location at a round table (which enhances discussion) as requested.
- We went in with friends fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012We went in with friends from ballston and were amazed at how the service was smooth and amiable. the server (i forgot his name) was knowlegeable about the menu and had good recommandation, salmon and ravioli, The wine list has a great selection.it looks as if they were busy but they were very attentive to our needs. we will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012This was my second visit. The food is excellent and the wine pairings have worked very well. The place is quiet and roomy - good for privacy in conversation.Special Features:
- Good food, good ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2012Good food, good ambiance, moderate prices, good for large groups.Special Features:
- Do Not RecommendHealthyEaterVIPDined on 6/23/2012We went on a Saturday night to celebrate a social occasion and were surprised to be literally one of three tables filled in a giant restaurant. I do not think this restaurant gets ANY local traffic, just hostage guests from their captive, in hotel audience. I had three main complaints: 1. Overpriced. We had mediocre, at best, food and the bill was over seventy five dollars per person. 2. Bad food. The one highlight was the burrata cheese (which candidly, doesn't require a lot of kitchen prep - it is putting cheese on a plate with toast!) The biggest lowlight was the Margarita pizza. Avoid it at all costs. 3. Wait staff. Very inexperienced staff riddled our meal with unnecessary interruptions. In sum, would not reSpecial Features:
- Need pricing consistency!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/30/2012Loved the 1/2 price lunch combo deal on Wednesday. Just tow complaints, 1) either my tomato was very unripe, or I had an heirloom tomato that wasn't so described on the menu. 2) the lunch combo at 1/2 proce was listed on the menu at $6.00, when the check arrived, the price was on the check at $6.50. Fortunately, our very kind and excellent server changed the price to that listed on the menu.Special Features: