Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
71333 Dinah Shore Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pinziminipalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 328-5955
- Hours of Operation:
7:00am - 11:00am, Daily
11:00am - 5:00pm, Daily
5:00pm - 10:00pm, Daily
Contact restaurant for dates and times
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Joel Delmond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining space offers limitless possibilities when it comes to private dining. No party is to large or too small.
- Private Party Contact: Pinzimini Manager 7603285955x
- Entertainment: Come watch any and all of your favorite events at our bar.
A word from Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Pinzimini provides the guest with an experience of dining in a modern, energetic atmosphere while enjoying a menu featuring a variety of high-quality grilled meats, exceptional salads, and simple pastas containing accents of Tuscan-style cuisine. All meals begin with our signature Pinzimini Bread Service, which is an old Italian ritual where extra virgin olive oil is infused with rosemary, sage, oregano, garlic and/or sea salt, and is served with fresh, crusty bread for dipping. The other signature items at Pinzimini are the Antipasti Bar which allow guests to choose from a variety of vegetarian items, seafood salads, and cured meats, brick oven pizzas and handmade pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Party of 4OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We have been here several times over the years w/guests and were invited for the grand opening under Pinzimini name. Food samples were great. Was previously Bella Vista. When we were seated gentleman with bread basket came around and asked if we wanted olive or white. I asked for 1 of each, but 3 times he said olive or white and 3 times I said 1 of ea. I asked if there was a shortage of bread and I would like 2, then he finally relented and put 1 of ea. on my plate. My pasta Bolognese very good, but very small portion for $26.00. Prime Rib good but potatoes not cooked thru and had to ask for butter which came frozen. Panzanella salad only had 2 sm. pieces of calamata olives. Perhaps they only want hotel guests dining there and not locals?Special Features:
- Couples WeekendILoveFoodDined on 10/17/2014We had a group of eight people, all adults. Everyone's meal was delicious and the staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruceVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went in the off season so there were very few people there. Service was attentive, we sat outside, food was good and not very expensive. Very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib nightTrvlrDined on 8/15/2014Charged more than advertised price for prime rib night special. Med rare prime rib more like well done.
- Very dissapointedMontageLagunaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Go there only if you are ready to die from starvation and this is the last place on earth. It's NOTHING SPECIAL!!!!!! It's noisy - regardless where you sit - inside or outside. The menu is extremely limited. Very little choice. The food is just OK - and not for this class of restaurant but for some fast food establishment. I've had there the worst fettuccine Alfredo in my life. The sauce was tasteless, presence of chicken was hardly noticeable but - to my horror - the plate was full of huge (!!!!) pieces of cilantro. I don't mind cilantro but maybe - just maybe - you can cut it before you put it into food? I feel so much regrets that out of all restaurants in the area we pick this one for our romantic night out.Special Features:
- The following 39 reviews are from the Pinzimini at The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- ServicelocaljohnDined on 7/19/2014If you go, make sure you ask for Victor Ortega. He was one of the best waiters I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceFrequentOTuserVIPDined on 6/25/2014Despite the restaurant being half empty, the service was terribly slow.Special Features:
- Great evening outoutfordinnerDined on 6/15/2014We had a great time and had an awesome waiter (Lance) that provided suggestions on the menu that provided us with an excellent meal. We really enjoyed the outdoor environment. Put the them together and you have a memorable evening. Thank you Lance and thank you Westin for your attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotnapagirlVIPDined on 4/29/2014Great ambiance and scenic resort setting. Food was great and service was also excellent. Really enjoyed the Smoked Salmon Tofu eggs benedict!Special Features:
- Hotel restaurantTupelo2Dined on 4/10/2014Last night at the hotel. We decided to eat at the hotel because of early flight. Food very good. Service okay. Servers spent more time with each other than with the tables. Very cold dinner space. Not the temp, but the room and servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair at best andYumYumVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food was fair at best and expected more from the resort style hotel. The Greek chicken salad felt lacking in actual substance for the price and no one really liked their panini.
- Expensive hotel foodMarlaPRDined on 3/28/2014Tired from a long drive from LA and happy to have a place to eat at the hotel. Bread and olive oil great, expensive, but they try hard. Friendly.Special Features:
- ExcellentAlanDined on 3/18/2014This is a gem inside the Westin mission hills oasis. Chef Shawn was remarkable. He engaged with customers and talked food. Also service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We went back for a second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert perfectionJennVIPDined on 3/14/2014Dinner at Pinzimini was one of the highlights of a great visit to Palm Springs. The wrap around outdoor porch was an ideal setting for a sunset dinner. From the first bite of the warm garlic stuffed sourdough bread, the meal was fantastic and service equally so. We had several appetizers (creamy risotto and bone marrow) and entrees of salmon w Brussels sprouts/heirloom carrots. The kids had traditional spaghetti w meat sauce and pizza. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced and under deliversTJTJDined on 3/14/2014Everything on the menu is way over priced, even for a resort restaurant. Service was inattentive. Would not go back.
- This restaurant is hiddenRFarberVIPDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is hidden inside the Westin Hotel but it really is its own destination. We have now eaten there twice and have been extremely satisfied both times. The nourvelle Italian food is superb and innovative. The view from an outside table is lovely. The service is extremely attentive. And our dog was welcomed to our patio table with her own dog food menu! She loved it.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home about!cacti1VIPDined on 3/8/2014Service was a little slow. Seated us in an area by ourselves and then proceeded to seat two families with children adjacent to our table. The area was also a main server aisle to access the outside dining area. There were plenty of open tables in the center core.Entrees were OK9wife had pasta bolognese which she liked; my chicken was a little tough and was seced with only 3 sprigs of broccolini--can you spare the veggies??? Not worth the price.
- Pinzimini was outstanding,AlyssaSDined on 2/15/2014Pinzimini was outstanding, they were very accommodating for my sister's birthday, they actually went above and beyond! They had a special table all ready to go for us and at the end of our dinner, brought out a special dessert plate for her with a candle many desserts on it. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Steak we ordered for $45.00HuckleberryDined on 2/14/2014The Steak we ordered for $45.00 was tough and had grizzle. Very disappointed. I intend to talk with catering mgr.
- Really nice place. Good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013In the beginning even the waiter seemed to be frustrated when we ordered 3 different items of the menu that they were not able to serve us. They were out of and entree, limoncello and an italian white wine. We were rather disappointed by this Italian inspired restaurants take on fiori di zucca, which was nothing like the original Italian dish. However husband and I shared a juicy steak at this restaurant. And it came with a side dish of risotto that made the entire meal worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert SecretMistercayDined on 12/27/2013Locals do not know of this gem hidden inside the Westin. Interesting food, excellent service and lovely surroundings. Would be far more popular if locals knew it was there.Special Features:
- Over ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013We were in the side walk view area. The servers were vary attentive. The food was nicely prepared and very tasty. We would return and recommend friends to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experiencelilianDined on 12/25/2013We opted for an outdoor table -- and it was an excellent choice. It was cool, but their outdoor heaters are really amazing -- we were very comfortable and felt like it was inside: but we had the lovely view that provided a wonderful atmosphere. It was at Christmas time so the outdoor trees and decor added to the experience. The staff was especially warm and welcoming, and our waiter was very well informed about the offerings and the wine. I opted for the prix fixe menu with the salmon and the lemon risotto -- an excellent choice! They have a great 3 course meal on Wednesday and Thursdays at $34 -- a bargain for such a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed... wasn't expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/14/2013Very impressed... wasn't expecting much from a hotel restaurant and then found out that they have a James Beard chef! The rotisserie chicken was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinziminiRichVIPDined on 12/13/2013Very open style--almost too open. No privacy for dinner and with high ceilings feels like an auditorium. However, the food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodchuckmac07VIPDined on 12/1/2013good wine list, nice salads & fresh fish and pasta entrees. surprising for a resort restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average hotel restaurantWineLoverVIPDined on 11/20/2013We went because it was convenient but was one of the best dinners we had in the desert this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good patio mealGaryVIPDined on 11/9/2013We invited a couple and had very good service and a meal, with a comfortable environment to laugh and talk. Although the food and service were very good, I would rate the wine list as average.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2013Our server was amazing. Helpful and informative and very attentive.Special Features:
- Very goodCanada35VIPDined on 10/13/2013A very nice restaurant in the Westin. Romantic ambience. Priced around 25+ for dinner entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good experienceWhity3Dined on 6/20/2013Great margarita pizza and pork chops. Ate at the bar, great bartender and staff. They were attentive and helpful. It was a relaxing yet energetic dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner buffet was awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013Our server promoted the heck out of their special buffet, but it was lackluster. There were few items from which to select AND the heating trays were nearly empty (a couple of them were completely empty!). Furthermore, there was no Caesar salad remaining; when they finally did replenish the salad, their "special" croutons that they had proudly advertised on the buffet menu flyer was nowhere to be found. My husband ended up going back to the menu to order the papparadelle alla bolognese lacked the flavor, texture and balance that one would expect from a fine Italian restaurant.
- Took my fiance there for herOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Took my fiance there for her birthday. Magnificent! We arrived right at 8 pm and was seated immediately. Wine ordered and delivered promptly. Appetizer, brushetta, was on the small side (only 2) but the complimentary bread was delish. Main coarse was to die for! I had the rib eye steak and was puzzled when they didn't deliver it with a steak knife...but then I found out why when I cut it with my butter knife. Unbelievable. Not over done in butter or spices. She had a bolognese pasta dish that was amazing. I sampled hers with what little room I had left from my meal and it too melted in my mouth. Desert was Italian ice cream - and since it was her birthday we had something that was like an elephant ear bread that we both raved over.Special Features:
- Very expensive for poor service!michelleVIPDined on 4/27/2013The location is great and we loved the outside dinning. However, the food was very bland and the service was not only slow, but they did not get our orders correct and we were ignored several times by the servers. I would probably not go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good experience!GourmetchicVIPDined on 4/20/2013We very much enjoyed our meal at Pinzimini. The restaurant was very quiet on the night that we dined there. Lovely service! Very good food. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great selection of elegantAniaVIPDined on 3/31/2013Great selection of elegant dishes for brunch and outstanding service.Special Features:
- We ate dinner plus breakfast/brunchjspsVIPDined on 3/21/2013We ate dinner plus breakfast/brunch each day and it was consistently good. The only negative was it was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Service wasn't the best. ForgotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2013Service wasn't the best. Forgot our wine, forgot to refill our water after being reminded. Server was very nice just not the best. Cesar salad was limp and bruised. Pizza was fine. We had to remind him to add our dessert to our bill. Not the best evening. We have been here quite a few times but this was probably the last.
- Octopus appetizer was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2013Octopus appetizer was a little rubbery and portions were slight, but taste was very good. Pasta was good, but again proportions were small. Beignet with lemon and chocolate dessert was awesome.Special Features:
- Expectations were exceededADW1VIPDined on 1/15/2013Expectations were exceeded by the quality of the meal. Branzino was beautifully prepared. Pork chop juicy and of excellent quality. Was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. Service was a little slower than desired, but not terribly so.