686 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinotprovence.com/
- Phone: 7144445900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7AM–10AM
Monday - Friday: 11:30AM–2PM
Tuesday – Sunday: 3PM–9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering at off-site locations, please call 714.540.0500
- Special Events: Pinot Provence offers event artistry for celebrations of all kinds, from early morning breakfast meetings and business dinners to personal celebrations, such as bridal and baby showers, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions. Elegant French décor and the Mediterranean-French menu lend a sophisticated air to every event. As an added bonus, the sommelier will pair your custom menu with the perfect wine from the award-winning collection. Restaurant and private rooms available, from parties of 14 to 130 guests.
To receive more information about our catering and private event options at this location, please contact our special events manager Stacey Wacker | 714 428 0814
A word from Pinot Provence
Escape to the sun-soaked borders of southern France at Pinot Provence. Our executive chef creates sophisticated French and Mediterranean dishes with a contemporary twist, along with a changing selection of globally inspired dishes. The extensive wine list features a variety of French and California wines, as well as a growing selection from the new worlds of wine. With a romantic Provencal atmosphere, patios and intimate dining rooms, Pinot Provence is an elegant getaway for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinot Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)special occasion (39)romantic (34)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wow, great every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014Great place with consistently high standards in food prep and ingredient quality, all this and no corkage charge.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerKarenDined on 9/6/2014Our table was cozy, once they knew we were celebrating they brought us champagne. the food kept coming and we had plenty of time to get to South Coast Rep for our play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningTheaterfanDined on 9/5/2014I'd heard mixed things about Pino Provence, some very good and some not so great, but we thought we'd give it a try. Although we got there pretty early, it was a Friday night, and we were surprised to find the place virtually empty. Any concerns that raised were wiped out immediately, as the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The food was delicious: my salmon was perfect, creamy and moist inside with a lovely crispy skin outside, and my wife absolutely loved her lamb chops. Throughout the meal, our waiter and the manager were attentive and friendly, possibly some of the best service I've ever experienced. All in all, a wonderful experience, and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I love Pinot Provence and go frequently for dinner and Sunday brunch. The menu is outstanding and I've loved every dish I've ever ordered. Had lunch there for the first time and was disappointed in the food choices. Lunch was good but ordinary....nothing special. The service and ambiance was wonderful as usual, but I think I'll stick to brunch and dinner there from now on.Special Features:
- Excellent foodjjfoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Outstanding heirloom tomato and burrata salad compared to other restaurant's mundane versions. Excellent burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just to cold, such a pity!Nini1809VIPDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed my lunch here but the restaurant is just to air-conditioned. It blasts down on you and you just want to leave as fast as possible. Would ask to sit on the balcony in future.Special Features:
- Patina? Really?GidgetDined on 8/24/2014We are fans of Patina group and attending a performance at Segerstrom Center, we"ll try Pinot Provence. The braised short rib was over cooked. Saturday night slow? Should have known as well traveled diners, restaurants in hotels not best choice. Interior lovely French, stone fireplace, comfortable booths, nice lighting. We love the Beatles, Aba, Journey, etc. I have never thought this music as dinner music for a French restaurant and it was loud. The service was attentive-too much. "Are we having wine this evening?" is he joining us? He forgot to decant the wine-Really Patina?Special Features:
- Always a lovely dinner placemydinereviewVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have gone to Pinot Provence for special occasions - birthdays, New Year's Eve - and it is always a lovely experience. Excellent food, excellent service, excellent ambiance. Everything is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch date with my HubbyDanaDined on 8/22/2014Have been coming here for several years and have always left pleased! Went on a lunch date with my husband and today was no exception. It happened to be restaurant week so we had 3 courses. I ordered the nectarine salad - delish! Next we both had the Pinot burger with some of the most delicious fries I've ever had. We ordered med-rare and it came overcooked as well as waiting quite a while for it...not very notable. What was however a surprise was that without complaining our waiter Robert noticed our wait and our over cooked burgers and comped us our meal...not expecting that! We finished with a divine chocolate molten cake. Service was great and except for the small hiccup everything was spot on...will definitely keep in rotation!Special Features:
- ExcellentcoachkentDined on 8/21/2014We went before the play and the timing and the food and service were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dining Experience1BaymomVIPDined on 8/21/2014We love dining at Pinot Provence prior to attending a show at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. The service is terrific and the menu items are interesting and always well presented and tasty. We went tonight for a pre-theater dinner and ordered off the Costa Mesa Restaurant Week special dinner menu. Three wonderful courses for $40- what a deal! Of course we added wonderful wine by the glass and a generous tip, well-deserved tip.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!cdreyerDined on 8/18/2014Came here during Costa Mesa restaurant week for lunch. Had a wonderful 3-course meal. Each course had a ton of unexpected flavor. Service was excellent. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Excellent OC Restaurant Week MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed yet another excellent meal at Pinot Provence, this time during OC Restaurant Week. My family and I had three courses (starter, entree, and dessert) for $40, which is an outstanding value. We all opted for the steak as our main course and we all found it to be very well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014several of my guests tried the special restaurant week menu, they liked the salad but the main course was mediocre at best.
- Quiet cuisine timeHiflyingBeeDined on 8/6/2014Dined before going to the segerstrom and we were 2 of the 7 folks eating inside. There were a scattering of diners outside. Service was a bit slow. All was good. Too quiet. It is a lovely space and food is good but when there are so few diners you wonder what is wrong? Will continue to go but hope they get a lot more customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early closing timewonderfuloxnardVIPDined on 8/3/2014We booked for an after theatre dinner however, the show ran a little longer than scheduled so we were late for our reservation at 8:45. When we left the theatre at 9:00 to walk to the restaurant, only 5 minutes away, we had a phone message(at 8:45) saying that the restaurant would be closing at 9PM. We were staying in the hotel that the restaurant was located in and had planned this dinner for over a month so it was disappointing to find that the restaurant closed this early. The Pinot restaurants are among our favorites so we were disappointed, but, understand the decision to close at 9:00 on a Sunday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experiencespjolyDined on 8/3/2014Pinot is out "go to" when its theater time, birthday, or just a nice night out with a wonderful dinner experience. Their menus are outstanding, brunch was the best we've had in a long time. Endless bloody mary's - need I say more! We have had dinner several times and its is always out favorite. The inside atmosphere is just calming and wonderful. We can't say enough good things about it. The best night would be a beautiful dinner and just walk up to a suite at the Westin. Maybe spend the next morning lounging by the pool.Special Features:
- Great Brunchsnickersm0mDined on 7/27/2014Excellent bottomless mimosas, fruit and eggs benedict. My initial plate had over cooked poached eggs but they re-made it quickly and it was better (the other egg was still overcooked but I was hungry so I dug in!) - I would recommend it. Nice ambience; really low keySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ChefAmyKVIPDined on 7/24/2014Chef Alfonso Ramirez was doing a farmers market tasting menu on Thurdays. We went last Thurs. but the tasting menu wasn't available. We were disappointed but our excellent server, Jeff, asked Chef if he would do a tasting menu for us. Chef was more than happy to accommodate & I am so happy he did. We started with asparagus vichyssoise soup with cantaloupe balls & a slice of albacore. Next was loup de mer. So delicious! 3rd course was suck breast with grilled nectarines & eggplant. 4th course was rack of lamb over roasted cauliflower & pea tendrils. Dessert was panna cotta with blueberries & sliced plums. Excellent food by an excellent chef! Service was great. You should try this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not returnTherubickcubeDined on 7/2/2014We had tickets for a show so we arrived at 5 and had a great cocktail while reading menu. On the online menu it stated that they had scallops but they were taken off the restaurant menu a month ago. Not a great selection of appetizers or dinner items. The dessert menu did not have one thing that was cholocate, who ever heard of a dessert menu without chocolate??? Our waitress was great and she knew we were unhappy and she did everything to please us. I told the manager that I was to mention to him I was with Open Table to receive extra points and he said he had no idea how to do that. We usually go to Scotts before the show and will return there next time we go to a performace at the Segerstrom Center.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Pretentious & over-priced, with an uninspired wine list and slow service, Pinot Provence is on my avoid list. I asked my server for mid-sweet white wine recommendations. The two tastes she brought were not even close and she had no further ideas. The artlessly presented lamb cassoulet was slightly gamey in spots. Even the decaf was bland but I will compliment them on the chocolate gelato. For a restaurant that was not crowded, I'm unsure why the service was so very slow. Additionally, right after my meal was delivered, the manager checked in with me. I had yet to taste anything. All are friendly but they need to working on timing and check backs.
- Working out the kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014We took a a business colleague we wanted to impress, to lunch here recently. With the main menu came a build your own fancy burger menu. We all decided to have hamburgers. The best out of the three was the traditional one. The other one (Morrocan Lamb) was just OK and the third, the veggie, was not good. Originally the wrong burger was brought out for our colleague instead of the veggie, but they finally got it right. I would NOT recommend the veggie burger. It's a warmed sliced veggie sandwich in a bun, no patty. It was not even a good veggie sandwich and our colleague could only eat the french fries. It was frustrating, but the staff really came through. They offered us dessert and comped us the entire meal. That was appreciated!Special Features:
- Great foodcoachkentDined on 6/12/2014Pinot's food is always delicious. The mussels were spectacular, as was the salmon.Special Features:
- All around wonderfulkathe90035VIPDined on 6/8/2014The room is lovely, the service very attentive and the venison delightful.Special Features:
- Creative FrenchnewportfoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014I agree with some of the reviewers, that the chef has stepped up his game and has a very creative menu. This time around we had the frog legs and crudo as appetizers and the halibut and the duck as entrees. We tried the chefs take on s'mores and it too was very creative. We hope that the chef will start serving the 5 course menu that he's been serving on Thursdays on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinot ProvenceMikeDined on 5/28/2014Wonderful food......not crowded.......great service. Very nice spot for an anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pH123VIPDined on 5/25/2014Outdoor patio with 3-4 tables, umbrella shaded. Makes a nice outdoor spot for brunch (brunch ONLY menu available on Sunday). Bottomless Mimosa or BloodyMarys (try the cucumber flavor) add some variety to the brunch menu.Special Features:
- PhenomenalJPAndersonVIPDined on 5/22/2014I enjoyed the chef s market tasting menu with wines perfectly paired to each course! The s'mores dessert was unbelievable with its milk chocolate chantilly. Although I finished my meal in time for a planned event...better coordination with bringing the wines out just before each course would have made a great meal run even smoother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French RestaurantAmyKVIPDined on 5/22/2014Chef Alfonso Ramirez is really elevating the level of this restaurant. On Thursday evenings he is doing a farmers market 5 course tasting menu. He buys produce at a local farmers market and incorporates the ingredients into his menu. We started with asparagus vichyssoise with burrata geese, fried squash blossom & sautéed shrimp - delicious! The next course was ahi tuna & uni which was draped over a fresh peach. The 3rd corse was loup de mere with carrot hummus. The fish was excellent & the carrot hummus was the perfect accompaniment. Next was venison with Fava beans & ramps. Dessert was his take on s'mores . So good! Service as always as perfect. Portions were huge. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 747 reviews are from the Pinot Provence reviews archive.
- nice business meeting locationbearcubsmomDined on 5/16/2014Quality of food top notch - try the salad with roasted chicken - wonderful! Nice ambiance to have a good business discussion without a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatloveparisDined on 5/14/2014Our wine was hot when brought to the table. Our food took over 40 minutes to get to our table and we had to rush everything in order to make it to the show. Food quantity was very small and we left hungry and a bit frustrated. Not going back!
- Excellent French foodAmyKVIPDined on 5/13/2014Chef Alfonso Ramirez is creating some wonderful dishes. We had the special soup - vichyssoise. It was buttermilk based & instead of potatoes he used asparagus with crab & sautéed shrimp on top. It was absolutely delicious! The octopus salad was very good. The pieces of octopus were tender but still had texture. The Caesar salad was beautifully presented & garnished with a Parmesan crisp & anchovy. The salmon was cooked perfectly & the skin was nice and crispy. My husband had the chicken which was moist & tender. Service was professional and friendly. This is one of my favorite restaurants because of Chef Alfonso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the brunchStevieGJDDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother here for Mother's Day brunch, though normally I would have gone to Patina in LA. But this was closer for my sister and her husband, so I relented. It is a lovely space and the service is very good. The food was very disappointing, so much so that I would never come here again. I was taking my mother out for Mother's Day and my brother in law out for his birthday. They seated and began serving the party before my mother and I arrived. The appetizers and the service were great. Two of the entrees (the other two of which were the same) were awful. One was a croque Madame that was literally a fast food ham and cheese croissant. It was insulting bad. My entree was inedible but I was still charged. Simply awful.
- Excellent DinnernewportfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We've not dined at Pinot Provence in quite awhile, but Saturday evening's dinner and service were superb. For appetizers we had the frog legs and the hamachi and for entrees the mussels and the duck breast. All were delicious especially the frog legs in a black garlic sauce and the duck breast on a bed of steel cut oats in a wonderful sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014We have been coming to Pinot for several years for special dinner's and birthdays with us telling anybody that would listen about how great this restaurant is. Sadly, on Saturday we invited friends to dinner with us for my wife's birthday. I specifically added comments on OpenTable about the special celebration. We received no recognition about her birthday, disappointing service from our waitress. We bought two bottles of wine with us to celebrate and she couldn't get the two straight on several occasions almost poured the wrong wine into glasses containing the other wine. We also had to refill our own glasses and pour from the decanter because she was no where to be seen. Also NO birthday dessert like the previous times at Pinot.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Had a number of things go wrong. A private party was using the patio, where we were planning to sit. B/c we weren't on the patio then, I couldn't order the wine/meal pairing I'd seen online. No great crime, just a mild disappointment. My pregnant wife was uncomfortable at first, but we switched sides, and a lady sitting next to us offered a pillow. This was all nice, but should have been done by a server had they been attending to us much sooner, like they should have. There was another mix-up when they brought out the wrong dish (short ribs) which my wife assures me was better than anything we actually ordered. Someone from the kitchen came rushing out to correct the error before I got to bite in. Good, but not $120 good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We went to this restaurant for the first time and were very pleased with the service. My mom is gluten free and although there were no explicit options on the menu, the server was very helpful in helping her find something she could eat and enjoy. Overall a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlatPRParakeetDined on 4/20/2014The champagne (or in this case sparking wine- that didn't sparkle at all) was flat and tasted cheap. The burger was overdone. The fixed menu was OKAY. I still think it's odd to have a combination of fried chicken and pancakes. Not what I expected. After my below average, mediocre meal, I kept wondering why this restaurant was listed as one of the top 10 brunches in OC. The vanille dessert was bland. The raspberry sherbert gave it a much needed kick. A mystery..............Special Features:
- Easter brunch 2014GCKfoodluvDined on 4/20/2014The Easter brunch menu had a vast variety from which to choose and each dish we ordered boasted flavorful blends of culinary delight. The coffee was dark and rich and the mimosas were excellent. The staff were accommodating and most pleasant from host to valet. I would recommend Pinot Provence to anyone seeking tasty French cuisine but simply delicious. The atmosphere is a verdant French garden theme which my wife and I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Theater DIningSteveDined on 4/13/2014Food and service were excellent! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.