105 South Mill Street
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinons.net/
- Phone: 970-920-2021
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keven Ribich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Rob Mobilian 9706186805
A word from Pinon's Restaurant
Pinons has been located in downtown Aspen,across the street from the historic Hotel Jerome since February of 1988 and has been locally owned and operated since then.The dining room, which seats 130,recently re-decorated in a mountain contemporary style,evokes the casual sophistication that has come to symbolize Aspen. The windows frame picturesque Aspen Mountain. The cuisine has been described as traditional American influenced heavily by local products and current trends. Pinons has received many renowned awards but cherishes most the recognition by locals as the most coveted reservation in town. The intention is to create an experience that is unique yet comfortable; create food that is creative yet approachable. You will want to go for a special occasion and for a night out with friends to have a bite in the bar and chat with the locals. You don't leave Pinons disappointed - quite the contrary. The intention is to exceed expectations. Pinons is a must for any visit to Aspen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinon's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (33)notable wine list (30)romantic (29)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Birthday in Aspen for Al & Shirlenewirebender100Dined on 9/27/2014Pinon's is one of the best restaurants that we have ever eaten! The tofu enchilada was incredible!Special Features:
- Huge DisappointmentFood4funDined on 9/17/2014After dining at Pinons many times over 25 years was looking forward to a great dinner after not having been there for very long time. However, we were soo disappointed at the quality and selection of food. The menu choices were very limited and the food itself was way below what we expected and remembered.Special Features:
- you're paying for the viewKelizkiVIPDined on 9/17/2014We lucked into one of the outside tables with a spectacular sunset view of the mountain - gorgeous. Other aspects were mediocre and very expensive, although I was impressed with a greater price variety in their wine list than other Aspen places...could get something quite good for less than $$$. Our dinner took 3 hours because server disappeared every chance possible. We had to chase him down to order, for check, etc. But overall, you're paying for a setting that can't be found anywhere else and that was the point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlisonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We had a marvelous dinner at Pinions. The food wine and service were all top notch and the dining room is really sharpI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Aspen!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a place where you can enjoy the food, service and ambiance!! When we arrived, we were the only ones in the restaurant but the later it got, the more it filled up. We took advantage of the fixed price menu which was delicious and a great value.Special Features:
- Everything was OK...BpaulphillipsDined on 8/30/2014Heard about this place for years so we thought we would try it out and everything was fine, but there are so many other place in town that we think are much better particularly in the atmosphere. Nothing wrong just OK...Special Features:
- Consistently excellentRobocoloDined on 8/21/2014As always, food and service were fabulous. This is our go to special occasion restaurant. The staff have all been there forever which says they like it too. The specials are always interesting. My favorite, Dover Sole used to be on their menu. It is often available if you ask for it. The crispy oysters and fois gras are two delicious starters. Great people watching. tooSpecial Features:
- Best Food in AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2014We were a group of 10 and everyone was delighted by the wonderful menu choices and execution.Special Features:
- Outdoor dinner at PinonsPTZODined on 8/15/2014My wife and I had an excellent meal and the service was very good. Wait staff was attentive and sommelier was very helpful in selecting our dinner wine. Indoor restaurant has much better ambiance.
- Nice for a party of 8 or 10MomJockVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great Big round tables make this restaurant very appealing for 8-10 guests. So much nicer to sit around a table than down a long one....great meal and a great night.Special Features:
- BigIDined on 7/30/2014In general, food was good, not great. Expected better as prices were outrageously high! Interior needs some freshening up. Server was efficient but no personality.
- REVIEWJohnVIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent food coupled with outstanding service. The view from the uncrowded patio was spectacular. A perfect evening! We will be back soon! Thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCandERDined on 7/20/2014Excellent menu variety, great service, good food but doesn't knock you socks off.Special Features:
- Always rest at Pinon'sbobbitDined on 7/17/2014The food is excellent - although pretty overpriced. Went there for a birthday celebration, but had only had salads and appetizers and dessert - which were excellent. However, even though it was a special occasion, the entree prices were too overpriced to justify getting them.Special Features:
- Reliably Excellent Ambiance/CuisineAspenhuskeretteVIPDined on 7/15/2014It's an inventive menu specializing in Colorado Cuisine -- buffalo as well as ribeye, yummy fish preparations, and unique and delicious appetizers. The salads are hearty fare on their own, and the desserts are superb. In the summer, you can dine outside in view of Aspen Mountain. You can't go wrong at Pinions, and the service is extraordinary!Special Features:
- Amazing Aspen RestaurantCindyBDined on 7/11/2014The food was fabulous (I rated it only 4 stars because they undercooked my husband's steak). We came to Aspen to celebrate his birthday & were not disappointed in the ambiance, food & attentive waitstaff. They even surprised us at the end of the meal with birthday cake & ice cream.Special Features:
- Finally past it's primeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014When the waiter TELLS you that your $50 slab of meat is cooked properly rather than taking it back immediately to prepare it to your liking, you are not getting good service. When there are tacky screaming babies juxtaposed with a wine list that boasts $3000 bottles of wine, maybe you know you're in Aspen OR maybe the restaurant is as old as the wine. I've been to Pinon's multiple times over 15 years and never been disappointed but this time was a major miss that did not seem like a fluke, but rather a well orchestrated, indifferent flop.Special Features:
- Very goodBarbDined on 7/8/2014The food and service was outstanding. They were very attentive. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th visitKlopezVIPDined on 7/7/2014This was our 5th time dining and it just gets better and better. One of Aspen's finest dining experiences.....perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulAspenloverDined on 7/6/2014I used to come to Apen in the winter. Had not been in ten years and never in the summer. Pinions is still the best restaurant in Asoen!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service. We look forward to dining at Pinon's again.Special Features:
- Consistently OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner on the patio which is very pleasant during the summer. As usual, our dinners were outstanding. My wife and I both had the heirloom tomato salad to start which was quite nice.. This was out first time to order this salad and we were pleased. The tomatoes were ripe and perfect. My wife ordered the trout which was exceptional. My steak was cook just right and was the very highest quality prime meat. The dinner couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelllent foodminnesotaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful service, excellent food in a lovely setting. It was a bit noisy making conversation a bit of a challenge. On the negative side: it was very expensive.Special Features:
- PriceyBusybackVIPDined on 6/28/2014The restaurant food is above average to excellent,the service and the atmosphere too; but the prices are simply not justified. I ate better food elsewhere in Aspen in a prettier restaurant with more innovative cuisine for 10 to 20 % less.
- Excellent food and service, priceymikeyDined on 6/23/2014Excellent as always, but the cost of the food is prohibitive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Pinon's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good, but not great...KCMcSheaVIPDined on 3/29/2014While I want to love Pinon's, every time I go, something leaves me with the "hmmm, I'm not sure I want to return" feeling. The food is well prepared, but there is always something rigid about dining there. I can't quite put my finger on it, so I'm going to leave it as a good option while in Aspen, but don't expect to have your socks blown off.Special Features:
- Graceful end to a busy ski dayjillbermanVIPDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant is small, quiet and elegant. There is a very nice variety of foods which would satisfy all. I had the tofu burrito with quinoa, butternut squash and manchego, served with sides of salsa and black beans. I am not a vegetarian but it sounded interesting. It came out cold but was quickly heated up at my request. My friend had the mushroom bisque and said it was delicious. Her linguine with clams was not as good, she said. It's a pricey place but worth it if you have the time and energy to linger after long day on the slopes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, service not on parPatrickVIPDined on 3/28/2014The food was well received by all parties with the exception of the creamed spinach. Really good reviews on the entries. Twice during our service our waiter was distracted with another table and we had a long wait that caused my daughter to cancel her request for a glass of wine with her meal and an attempt to get our desert order required trying to get another persons attention for assistance. Turned out to be the wine steward who looked our way and he ignored us as well. At the end when receiving the bill, I questioned the total as it did not add up. I always add the first column. I pointed it out to our waiter and he returned with a quarter saying I was right it was a small computing error.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, locationMattDined on 3/21/2014Quick service, super tasty food, a fantastic wine list with a good Sommeleier tht didn't only recomment super pricey bottles. Tuna Tacos were very good but the Espresso rubbed Buffalo tenderloin with a Huckleberry sauce were amazingly flavorful. Highly recomment this retaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning ExcellenceWPBdinersDined on 3/21/2014our first visit to Pinions - it was outstanding and one of our best dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so good serviceSpringBreakerDined on 3/17/2014party of 10 adults for dinner. The food was delicious, good choices of wine, great table in a corner by a window. With that being said, our server, Simone, was obviously busy somewhere else. Starting with salad, she forgot one guests salad and when asked (5 minutes after all others were served) she told us it would come out when it was ready. when we ordered dessert, one person ordered a a very expensive tawny port, which never arrived. When Simone finally showed up to check on us we asked for the bill and informed her we did not receive the port, she replied with a "are you sure it did not come out?" I think if she had actually spent a little time at our table, she MIGHT have noticed a missing salad, missing port, irritated diners, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/16/2014The only problem with this place is the non-existent waiting area; very uncomfortable. Otherwise, nice place with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dinner and viewATLdinerVIPDined on 3/13/2014We enjoyed a very pleasant dinner and loved the great view of Aspen Mountain (a challenge to find in Aspen). Would recommend appetizers of the special veal and venison meatball and the tuna tacos. The sea bass was the favorite entree. The steak, trout and lamb were also enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!HoneyforthebearsDined on 3/8/2014Wine list ridiculously overpriced and food quality very average. Had the trout which was just OK, with inedible side. We've been here several times before, will not come back.
- Service was condescending,luv2dineVIPDined on 3/8/2014Service was condescending, inflexible and bordered on rude.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014We had a wonderful meal at Pinion's. everything was made to perfection. The bread pudding dessert was one of the warm chocolate cake like desserts I have ever had. When we return to Aspen it will be on the list to revisit. Service was perfect, attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in AspenbobbitDined on 3/4/2014My husband and I went to Pinon's to celebrate our 37th anniversary. The food was superb. I had a corn chowder soup with lump crab and it was the best ever. Also, the risotto with bay scallops was delicious. Services was ok - not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but all restaurantsStateCollegeCajunVIPDined on 2/27/2014Pricey, but all restaurants in Aspen are. Good food, well prepared.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/26/2014Hostesses of the world need to learn that a table of two adults DO NOT want to sit next to a table 7 adults or kids when over 70% of the tables are available. It isn't about the restaurant's convenience. It's about customer experience.
- Good High End Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Had dinner with my daughter after skiing. Service was very good--all the servers seemed to help each other. Food was very good. My salad was a fig, goat cheese concoction--it was not quite right. Hard to put a finger on it, but probably just a little too much sweet and not enough vinegar. My main course was excellent. I had a buffalo tenderloin with this fabulous potato dish. The potatoes were sliced and roasted with cheese. They had a wonderful crispy crust and delicious flavor. Probably the best thing I ate the entire time we were in Aspen.I would recommend this to a friend.