Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery
40620 Calle Contento
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.falknerwinery.com/
- Phone: 9516768231x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: In the Pinnacle Dining Room: Daily 11:30am - 3:00pm
Summer time BBQ and Jazz on the tasting room lawn: Sundays 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gianni Ciciliot
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Barrel Room available for larger parties and groups, as well as private Cave Room located in Barrel Room for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Cathy Lyle 9516768231x1
- Special Events: The Pinnacle is the perfect place for a wedding or private dinner party.
Contact Loretta Falkner for private event information.
951-676-8231 ext. 102
A word from Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery
Located in beautiful Temecula Wine Country, The Pinnacle Restaurant at Falkner Winery offers breathtaking panoramic views from its hilltop setting. Dine either indoors in their glass enclosed dining room or outside on their open-air balcony overlooking the vineyard. Experience the great American-Mediterranean Style cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Gianni Ciciliot and the high quality, award winning Falkner wines. Special dishes prepared daily. Open daily for lunch 11:30am to 3:30 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)great for lunch (34)special occasion (28)notable wine list (24)good for groups (16)great for brunch (15)romantic (15)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- too loudCocoa91Dined on 7/20/2014The food is good. The location and idea of a restaurant at a winery is good. But they missed the boat with décor and ambiance. Its like a cafeteria with subpar staff serving you. The hostess was no where to be found, we had to wait 10 minutes to be noticed, even though the bar with a host was right next to the entrance. The waitress could have cared less, not even looking at us when she spoke. We could hardly have a decent conversation over the loud noise of this place. They need carpet or something to muffle the noise. I honestly couldn't wait to leave and get outside where it was quiet in the vineyards.Special Features:
- lovely on a cool daysomething0newDined on 7/19/2014Opens at 11:30 - thought they could open earlier given how hot it gets in the summer. It was cloudy so sat outside anyway in mid-July; would have been perfect if there were more shade on patio. Food was satisfactory although canneloni was salty and disappointing. Inside very noisy but our seat overlooking vineyards and hills of Temecula was quite lovely and quiet. Service was reasonably attentive especially given that most folks were inside.Special Features:
- GeorgieDined on 6/29/2014For lunch on our anniversary we were seated in a large, empty dining hall - then with at least 15 other empty tables in the room, a group of 16 women were seated right next to us for a bachelorette luncheon - the acoustics made the room suddenly very noisy. The windows were too high so our only view was sky and hilltops. I had Seafood Portofino; red sauce was spicy but needed a richer flavor. The scallops were smaller than my little fingernail. My husband had Halibut over orzo; slightly overcooked for a rather dry piece of lovely looking fish. The staff was friendly; our server was very pleasant and took good care of us, esp. when we asked about the tasty bread and where we might purchase it. I had Luscious Lips red wine - excellent.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousCarolMDined on 6/24/2014Our favorite place for Birthdays or Anniversary. The menu changes, give us a surprise when coming in. Food is what bring us here. Views are a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGlennDined on 6/21/2014This was our first time here. The food was great and the portions were large. Would recommend the lobster shrimp cannelloni. And the Falkner wines are greatSpecial Features:
- Lunch with East Coast friendDISHfanDined on 6/18/2014Salmon was tasty but not much taste to the potatoes. Hamburger request was medium rare and it came very done. Pretty place and service was fine.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunch, service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We decided to have one last lunch before leaving Temecula wine country. We found that Pinnacle was nearby and accepted reservations via Open Table. We were there on time and were seated quickly. We then waited about 10 minutes before someone realized that we had yet to be helped. The bus service was great, though, and were attending to our drink needs and food service throughout the entire visit. Good was good, but not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day to rememberFathersday2014Dined on 6/15/2014The service, food, music and atmosphere was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Place for FriendsPistosMontereyDined on 5/31/2014Some of my friends and I met for lunch at this amazing restaurant at Falkner Winery. Needless to say, the ambiance and meal exceeded what we hoped for. Kudos to Loretta and her amazing team! The Chef and staff consistently prepare food that is so delicious - nothing needs to be added & taken away. I have to say from the winery to the restaurant, everyone is cheerful, helpful and a joy to be around. Definitely returning (and so are my girlfriends with their family & friends).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and viewDeaBDined on 5/31/2014We were a party of five, and enjoyed our special visit. Food was wonderful, nearly perfect. One vegetarian ordered the veggie burger, and it was fantastic, but you may want to ask what bun options are available. The brown bread variety was not the tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need a new designer and chefOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/27/2014The location of the restaurant is very nice. The decor is uninviting and the food is very mediocre.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014As it turned out the Pinnacle was closed for the day when we arrived. Had a water heater burst or something!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view!2happytoeatDined on 5/18/2014We sat outside and the view was great. The service was perfect and Tina was very attentive and helpful. Only reason I'm giving four starts is because my husband ordered his steak medium rare and it came out cooked well done. Tina apologized and had the cook make a new one, but my husband said the new one wasn't really up to par either. (He's not a steak snob!) Anyway, all the other food the three of us ordered was delicious.Special Features:
- Second time for Mothers Day, Greatadslas1Dined on 5/11/2014Really fun beautiful view and food to match. Wine was delicious. RieslingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayZAMBIDined on 5/11/2014After accepting my reservation via OPENTABLE and accepting my credit card as payment, I received a calling telling me they were not able to give me my time and wanted to change it for a later time in the afternoon. I called back they next day, and spoke to Cathy,very nice manager and she agreed that this was not my error and keep my reservation as noted on the request. Mother's Day is a very busy time. I was surprised the drinks were not included in the brunch.. the setup on the serving stations were poorly designed, there was a very young man at the carving station who had no idea how to crave..they were so busy they plates were still wet coming out. Food was OK.. they could have done better for 300.00+ I spent for 4 !Special Features:
- mother's dayEstherDined on 5/11/2014This is the only place I can justify spending so much for mother's day brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers enjoyed itJennermaDined on 5/11/2014Visited my mother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law for Mother's Day. Nice table that accommodated our large party. View from every table. Gorgeous day, abundant, great tasting, well-presented buffet. Champagne flowed and wait service was great. The kids (and even Grandma) enjoyed the separate Candy treat room with crystal bowls overflowing with all kinds of candy to bag and have a take away treat.Special Features:
- Very scenicIluvGreatDanesDined on 5/11/2014The quality of the food was awesome. The service was adequate. It was hard to get near the cheese and the shrimp area of the buffet. The buffet was very crowded and the room was cramped. I would suggest moving some of the tables out of the dining room and spreading out the buffet into a larger areaSpecial Features:
- not the best not the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I ordered the mushroom chicken pasta it was very gresey, the wine was great. The desert we got creme bruele and flowerless chocolate cake both were awful. I would not go here again. We also thought the fake flowers on the table were cheesey. Table was too small.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch was okCamDaddy623Dined on 4/20/2014I took my wife to Pinnacle Restaurant for Easter Brunch. For a Brunch, the food selections were minimal but the service was great and the view was amazing. My wife and I will be returning for the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and pricesfoodieDined on 4/20/2014We came here for Easter Brunch. We had a reservation and was seated right away. The tables were close to each other but there was still room to walk through. The brunch offered a good variety - salad, shrimp, smoked salmon, chicken, mahi-mahi, salmon, lamb, prime rib, waffles. There was also an omelet station and crepes station. The price was reasonable and it included champagne or mimosa. The brunch also had choices for kids. The Easter bunny came by our table and gave our daughter a bag of treats - this was a nice surprise. Our server was quick and was there when we needed. After, we walked around to enjoy the view. Overall, we were happy with the service. The food was good but would like to see more exciting entrees.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchSteveFDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was just average, but service was prompt and friendly. View was terrific. All hard surfaces indoors makes for a noisy experience when the room is full. Great outdoor event area, but not used for Easter Brunch (it does not have the great views that the restaurant does). Restaurant called in advance to confirm our reservations; that was nice. I asked for a table with a view via OpenTable - and got it! Thanks, Pinnacle Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Easter BrunchmandjDined on 4/20/2014We had the nicest time at Falkner's Easter Brunch. The buffet was excellent. There was a good selection...all delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014My husband took me to pinnacle thinking it was going to be a nice easter spread. There were very little choices in food and the little choices we did have were not the best. The omelets were horrible, the waffles were pre made so they were cold and tasteless, the mahi, mahi fish had no flavor. The best part of the brunch was the scenic less the uncomfortable out door chairs. Will never be back they just need to stick to there wines .Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceSkyeBlueDined on 4/19/2014Gorgeous views; outstanding gourmet level quality food; every bite was high quality and delicious; attentive service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a viewiluv2shopVIPDined on 4/14/2014Quite lunch at the Falkner Winery Pinnacle restaurant up on a hilltop overlooking of the vineyards. Relaxing and serene. great food & wine - Especially the Lobster mac and cheese and the Blackened salmon sandwich. All very good! Don't forget the wonderful creme brulee. great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBrettVIPDined on 4/12/2014Wife and I both had a seafood salad with shrimp, octopus and swordfish. The lettuce was old, the shrimp under cooked and the octopus was rubber. The swordfish was average. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spot to go after wine tastingEatinOutwFriendsDined on 4/5/2014Perfect spot for lunch! I enjoyed their spicy burger (I can't remember the name) and it was great. I'd eat it again. My wife had the burger with lobster on it and she enjoyed that, as well. Service was great. The food was great. We'd go there again.Special Features:
- MOM'S 80TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION.OCALEXDined on 4/5/2014FAMILY REUNION CELEBRATING MOM'S 80TH BIRTHDAY. OUR TABLE WAS RESERVED AND WAITING FOR US. SERVICE WAS VERY ATTENTIVE, NO COMPLAINTS. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, PERFECT PORTIONS, EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS. FIRST TIME (FOR US) THAT THE RESTAURANT WAS TOTALLY FULL, AND THAT MADE IT A BIT NOISY, BUT WAS UNDERSTANDABLE. VERY LIVELY, OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE WERE ENJOYING THEIR MEALS AND THE AMBIANCE. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, ANY TIME. MOM WAS VERY IMPRESSED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Temecula winery restaurantlovefoodandwineDined on 4/4/2014Really enjoyed our lunch at The Pinnacle Restaurant, Falkner Winery in Temecula. Beautiful view from the dining room -- big windows out onto the vineyards. Got seated right at our rsvp time. Service was terrific and so was the food. Enjoyed the experience; would recommend the restaurant to others and I hope to eat there again on another visit to Temecula wine country.Special Features:
- The following 468 reviews are from the Pinnacle Restaurant - Falkner Winery reviews archive.
- Really enjoy the view, theLynnDined on 3/29/2014Really enjoy the view, the food and service. I requested a table by the window and was delighted that it was ready for us when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine country diningfoodie92084Dined on 3/16/2014We were celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary and wanted something special. The menu was not overly complicated and had plenty of choices. The appetizer, blackened ahi tuna on romaine leaves, was so fresh and tasty. My seafood cannelloni was delicious and quite rich. I took half of it home. My husband's angus steak was also very tasty - a little on the salty side probably because of the sauce but very good. We had creme brulee for desert which was light and refreshing. My only criticism is that the waitress called us "honey" which I felt was a bit too "Denny's" and she was sort of just a little too busy(?) as she came to our table. She did not ask if we wanted refills on our wine - which we did - but my husband finally got her attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2014Our third time here and it still has same charm and atmosphere as the first time. The food is always good and the service is outstanding . I would highly recommend this jewel on the hill for either a group get together or a romantic lunch. You won't be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies LunchPicEdinerDined on 3/11/2014Had a wonderful lunch with the girls. Try the Octopus. Tender, nice char with the lentils -fabulous! One thing they could improve on is the outdoor terrace. A lovely sweeping addition with views of the valley but no umbrellas! Maybe due to winds? I have yet to see anyone sit outside for this reason. Other than that a gem:)Special Features:
- Food was amazing!!JeanieBDined on 3/10/2014We had lunch recently at the Pinnacle and simply put, it was outstanding! Food was excellent and the presentation was lovely. We are wine club members so having the extra appetizer was great and 50% off on the wine was superb. Great location and a wonderfuln place to have lunch when we pick up our wine,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pinnacle resturantKrasavkaDined on 3/9/2014We have had lunch there several times and the food and service is always good. The resturaurant has a wonderful view if the vineyards. Our only complaint is the acoustics. The dining room has wood floors and it is very loud, especially when it is busy.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!NathanDined on 3/8/2014We were a party of five foodies checking out the wine scene in Temecula on Saturday, late morning. After reading about the chef at Pinnacle there was no question we would dine there. Each person ordered a diffferent lunch item. We each enjoyed our meal so much we forgot to SHARE! Not overly excited about the wine in Temecula, but Pinnacle might bring us back, sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchMizjanDined on 3/2/2014I made a reservation and we were seated right away at a table overlooking the vineyards...it would have been even better if it was a beautiful day, but even with cloudy skies, it was a nice view. The lobster mac and cheese was as good as ever! I ordered a glass of wine -- small glass, small serving. My sister had a dish with whole wheat pasta and shrimp and really enjoyed that. Service was timely. We had a leisurely cup of coffee afterwards and no one seemed to want to rush us away (I like that). It must be good because I keep going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was good.GlammaDined on 3/2/2014Grandparents, parents and a three year old went for lunch. We all had sandwiches and my husband loved his Angus burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealGreenMailboxDined on 2/24/2014At our table diners enjoyed the mushroom soup (some of the best we've had anywhere), the house salad - large enough for a lite lunch, full of apples, glazed nuts and cheese, and the seafood pasta. The pasta dish was sufficient to make two meals, so the left overs when home. The service was attentive, but food was rather slow coming out of the kitchen, so we don't recommend going there on your lunch hour. One member of our party found the temperature to be chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.