Pink Taco - Sunset
8225 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90046Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Pink Taco - Sunset
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pinktaco.com/
- Phone: 3233807474x
- Hours of Operation:
Mondays 4pm -10pm
Tuesday - Thursday 4pm-12am
Happy Hour 4pm - 7pm EVERYDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sam Anguiano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jordan@pinktaco.com 8778731066
A word from Pink Taco - Sunset
Pink Taco restaurants have "Mexican food with a great attitude"; it's a place where you can enjoy exciting Mexican cuisine in a casual, yet highly stylized environment. The food's quality and vibrant presentation sets the tone for the restaurant, and while taste is of the utmost importance, Pink Taco also believes that guests' sensory experience can only be improved with great music, exotic decor, and the spiciest staff in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pink Taco - Sunset - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Pink Taco - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A Birthday Dinner!!DS49Dined on 6/1/2014Seven of us showed up to celebrate my son's birthday. We had reservations and was on time. They seated us quickly at a large table we picked out and brought us an extra chair too. Our server David was very friendly, helpful with drinks suggestions and checked on us regularly. The staff took pictures of us too (nice). Food and drinks were good and the fried ice cream was delicious. We had a blast! This place is close to where I live. My wife and I come ofter and we always have a good time. Thanks!Special Features:
- Loud music, great foodmtraubDined on 6/1/2014We arrived moments before an earthquake which we didn't feel due to the level of the music at this fun, fabulous taco joint. The food was great and fun, the servers beautiful and/or handsome, and the prices very gentle. Really worth the visit for the guacamole alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014My sisters and I went here while visiting LA. The server David was amazing and was hilarious! He was one of the best servers we have ever had! I had shrimp tacos, one sister had portobello tacos and other sister had brisket tacos. We all LOVED all of it! I highly recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Pink Taco - Sunset reviews archive.
- Great overall experienceChazzyBDined on 4/26/2014I was able to get a table for two booking just 45 min in advance on a Sat night even though the place was busy. The staff was awesome. Great sense of humor, attentive and had solid food recommendations. We got sat on the patio which is really great for watching all the happenings on Sunset Strip. Great food and overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible waiter and bartender!jovidVIPDined on 4/6/2014And mediocre margaritas. I will never come back to this restaurant.
- Hit the spotdearordieDined on 3/20/2014This is the second time I've been to Pink Taco on Sunset. The food is really, REALLY good. One of my party was disappointed with her drink, the Pretty Bird that Kills, expecting it to be less alcohol-y, and another of my party was disappointed that her pina colada wasn't served in a pineapple. My drink (Puerto Rican Jan) was perfect. The guacamole was extremely fresh and the salsa was very good. I had the Pink Taco with beans and rice on the side. I wish I got the carne asada tacos like one of my party but I can't complain; everything was delicious. We had to wait probably 10 minutes before who I assume is the manager took our drink orders. He also took our food order, and brought out our food. Our missing server was our only issue, really.Special Features:
- Not impressedLAviewsDined on 3/14/2014Came to LA to celebrate husbands birthday with some friends and when I made the reservation I specifically stated we were celebrating a birthday. They never acknowledge the birthday and the whole time we were there we felt rushed by our waitress. The food was ok but just wish they could have made it better especially since we had such high hopes. Pink Taco in Las Vegas definitely knows how to treat their customers and just thought this Pink Taco was like it as well. Needless to say I wish I would have chosen a different eatery.Special Features:
- Great energy, friendly staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Great energy, friendly staff. Great happy hour specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okYummyVIPDined on 3/6/2014The food here is just ok. The bus boy was great but the waitress was never around. He did everything and she never was around except to take our food order and drop the bill off. The place wasn't even busy. The drinks were good but everything else was lacking. I use to like this place a lot but felt like its went down hill. Please work on the service. There were 2 or 3 hostesses that were all rude. I could understand if it was busy but it wasn't. The waitress was worthless. Thank goodness for the bus boy or we would have left. The food was just mediocre. What happen to the yummy food that you guys use to serve. I doubt we will be returning here.Special Features:
- disappointingMrsMDined on 2/20/2014The food wasn't at all great. 2 of our parties entrees were cold and had to go back to the kitchen. The service was hit and miss. We ended up getting more attention from the bus boy. We took out of town friends here to show them a "decent" Mexican meal and left embarrassed.
- Great atmosphere, great happy hourmswidlerDined on 2/17/2014The happy hour isn't quite like any other happy hour...it's a $7 happy hour. Given that, all of the food items are great for sharing. 2 tacos and an order of guacamole will cost a group of 2 $11 each. add a beer for another $3-4 bucks. Thus, it's a more expensive happy hour but the food is DELICIOUS! Good, fresh ingredients make the whole experience worth while. 4.5/5 starsSpecial Features:
- Margaritas a must!MartitiMagDined on 2/14/2014The best part of our meal was the margarita. The queso was also excellent. Other than that, it is hard to find anything great to say about the food. the service was good and they were accommodating w/ special orders, but they were not terribly busy at the time either. Did enjoy the al fresco dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horrible. FoodeatfoodDined on 2/7/2014Service was horrible. Food was good. Drinks were great. The hosting staff was terrible.Special Features:
- Overall it was OK. I usuallyFussyeaterDined on 1/5/2014Overall it was OK. I usually go to their Century City location but decided to mix it up and visited the sunset location. It as my topical experience except for the food. The portions on Sunset were much smaller than Century City and it was confirmed to me by the server. Consistency is key to a successful business especially a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THis is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/14/2013THis is a great restaurant if you do not want to talk with the person you are with and do not require service
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Amazing experience at Pink Taco for the first time! Went there with a group of friends for my birthday and the food was delicious! Our waiter was also amazing and gave us a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Pink Taco at thebsinbootsDined on 10/17/2013I love the Pink Taco at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas, so was severely disappointed in this place. The music was so loud my dinner companion and I could not talk. The seats were uncomfortable. The service was slow and they got several things wrong on the order. And the food was just not good. I would think food would be consistent among all the Pink Taco restaurants, but apparently not. I would not come to this place to eat...go drink at the bar if that's your thing, but there are way better options in the area.
- Had a great time with my girlfriendDineLADined on 9/21/2013Had a great time with my girlfriends. We waited to be seated for a little bit but all was well since the manager suprised us with free shots. It was super fun and we had a great table just would recommend better service from our waiter, he missed 2 of our orders but at the end we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmosphereHollywoodFoodEaterDined on 9/19/2013Definitely worth a visit. You'll feel like you left a party when you're done. Everyone is super friendly including the valet, hosts and servers. It can get crowded, so make sure you reserve a spot with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we visited Pink TacobarryDined on 9/9/2013When we visited Pink Taco about a year ago we had a great time...great for outdoor dining, neighborhood gem, etc. At that time they served their taco's CRISPY and delicious. When we got our taco's the other night they said they changed to soft taco's that were terrible ,,,,,,small piece of chicken with some onions on top. NO SHREDDED LETTACE, NO TOMATOES, NO CHEESE...just plain tacos!!! When I got my order which was a asada faita it came to me a CHICKEN FAITA!! The waitress apologized. Before I got the waitress's attention it was cold to take back and my wife was almost finished with her small taco's, It's too bad since we live in the neighborhood, but we won't be back!Special Features:
- Sunset Pink TacoAshGDined on 8/14/2013We went for happy hour and the place wasn't busy so we were able to sit right down. We thought it was the exact same happy hour as Century City but found that some items were removed from the menu and the tacos were so small for the price. The drinks are also smaller than century city. Aside from that, the food was still good and we enjoyed ourselves. Given the fact that it wasn't too busy, our server could have been a little more attentive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu on website does not matchjobzzVIPDined on 8/8/2013Menu on website does not match what they offer in the restaurant. we had beef burrito....hardly any meet...
- Great Food! Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2013Loved the Pink Taco! Food was delicious - try the slider appetizer with quail egg and the pink taco. Our server Kat was still in training but she did an excellent job. Very fun place - easy to find. Would definitely be a regular if I lived in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party nightfoxyoneDined on 6/22/2013This place was a blast and has an amazing vibe to it!! can't wait to go back and enjoy some more good times. I love that they have a happy hour even on saturday's from 4pm to 7pm. This place is a must from here on in- great service, food, drinks and people!! Thanks Pink TacoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tacos are the menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2013It was alright but the price for what they give you a bit pricey. 2 carnita tacos for 9 bucks without sides is a little disappointing. The cocktail I got was small and prices was high. Overall its OK worth trying once but if I go again someone has to buy me dinner cuz I won'tSpecial Features:
- We have eaten at the Pinkready2retireDined on 5/20/2013We have eaten at the Pink Taco in Century City and wanted to try the Sunset Strip location for a change. We were not disappointed! The Pink Taco margaritas, although not pink, were so yummy!!! Would go back just for them :) For anyone who has eaten at the other location, be aware that the menu is not the same but the food is good. Asked for a table with a view and was seated near the sidewalk with an excellent view. Everyone was helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go For The Pink Tacos!WalnutBaronVIPDined on 4/8/2013Great food in a fun atmosphere. The Pink Tacos are truly awesome.Special Features:
- Always great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013Always great food and service. Fun scene, not for food snobs - just cool people looking for a good meal. Great drinks.Special Features:
- Great time for Taco Tuesday/OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Great time for Taco Tuesday/ friends birthday celebrationSpecial Features:
- The Valentine's special wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013The Valentine's special was great because it allowed us to try food we would otherwise not have ordered. The ahi burrito was excellent!Special Features:
- Very busy when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013Very busy when we arrived and although having reservations we were sat in the "basement" right beside the washroom. Great seats! The free nacho chips and salsa were the highlight of the meal. The "pink tacos" had a weird flavour and the plate looked like a mess . The burrito was bland and flavourless and had to be doused in hot sauce to give it any kind of flavour, and the side salad tasted like biting into an onion. Gross. This would be a good place to kill a bottle of tequila but definitely not to eat.
- It was my first time to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2012It was my first time to eat at the Sunset Blvd location and I highly recommend Pink Taco. Great food for a surprisingly low price.Special Features:
- Music too loud. I couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/16/2012Music too loud. I couldn't talk with my date. The service was all over us to load us with drinks. I don't know if I would come back for dinner. This is more a nightclubSpecial Features:
- This was my second time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012This was my second time visiting the restaurant. I absolutely love it here. The food is always excellent, the service was great, the atmosphere is upbeat and fun, overall, I give it a 10+++++ .. I love it here so much, I want all my friends to experience Pink Taco at least once. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Epic FailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012There is not enough room in this box to express my deep displeasure with our experience at Pink Taco this past Saturday. My husband has already sent an email to Jim Uhl and Corey Conrad detailing what happened, and hopefully this will help them figure out how to survive the competitive restaurant scene on the Sunset Strip. I can assure you that restaurants come and go all the time in that particular location, and there is absolutely no chance for Pink Taco if they don't straighten themselves out. It truly is a shame because that spot has an unlimited potential for success, and it seems that Pink Taco will not be experiencing any of it. We won't be going back.
- Food was fantastic and serviceMOsikaDined on 8/17/2012Food was fantastic and service was wonderful. I would definitely go back. Be sure to order the shrimp ceviche.Special Features:
- An excellent GOOD-TIME place !MikeVIPDined on 8/11/2012GREAT SPOT ! We have been to the other Pink Tacos in Las Vegas and in Century City , we like this one the best . Great ambiance , excellent service , and wonderful HAPPY , energetic , and positive people to take the best care of their guests . Look forward to returning very soon .Special Features:
- We had a great night. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012We had a great night. Service was full of smiles. Food and Margaritas were great. Substitutions were no problem. One warning, the food comes out quickly so don't order until you are ready to eat.Special Features:
- Great fun place. I've beenPandaHunterDined on 8/8/2012Great fun place. I've been there 4 times now (it is VERY local to me) and have had 3 great meals and one very average meal. Eat outside NOT inside, its very dingy. But, if you just want drinks and nachos, inside is great fun.Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday night.RonLAVIPDined on 8/4/2012We went on a Saturday night. The food was good but it was sooooo loud. The waitperson told us that the crank the music up on Saturday nights. If you want to be able to talk to your dinner companion...don't go on Saturday night!Special Features: