3831 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pinkponyscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4809456697x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm to 10:00 pm Sunday thru Thursday
Friday and Saturday till Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donald Fawcett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: This Thursday the very talented Lee Perreira will be jamming out from 7 to 10pm while you enjoy a nice bottle of wine and a delicious wood fired pizza for $20!
Live music and a great deal... see you at the Pink Pony this Thursday!
A word from Pink Pony
Where contemporary food meets true Scottsdale history. This historical landmark has been favorite hangout amoung famous athletes, locals and tourists for over 60 years for very good reason.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pink Pony reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (11)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Could have lived without it.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Apparently something in the food my wife had (Reuben) made my wife get violently ill towards the end of the meal, eventually filling a trash can in the lady's room. I've known her for 10 years and have never seen anything like this happen before. Our Server seemed to be easily confused throughout the evening, particularly when it came to splitting up the bill (equally). Food was OK but $17-$18 for a pot pie made with CUBES of turkey? It's like they took a $1 Swanson pot pie and put it in a little iron skillet with some new pastry on top.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was delicious! Too many choices. The bread pudding is excellentSpecial Features:
- Really embarrassingEatoutVIPDined on 7/8/2014Very disappointed. Restaurant took reservation and was not open, and did not even have the courtesy to call. Very embarrassing as it was a business lunch. When I called afterwards and spoke to the manager she was less than apologetic and get how embarassing the situation was for me and thought that a future discount would suffice. Really?
- Classy but out-of-touchGary13Dined on 7/2/2014This was our first visit to the Pony. We've heard so much about it for many years and my wife has bugged me for years to take her. Perhaps the hype was what was overplayed but we were both a little disappointed. The food didn't match the hype. A very bland and forgettable strip with a disappointing demi-glaze but a very different and tasty personal pizza. We wondered if anyone in the kitchen was communicating with each other! Service was okay but not perfect. Ambiance was the highlight! Personal banquette seating made for a very private and romantic dinner. The decor was more modern than I expected but pleasant. I wouldn't rate this "Old Town Icon" very high with all of the new and exciting restaurants available in walking distance.
- Mostly Very GoodDFIDinerVIPDined on 6/27/20146 of us for dinner. All meals but one were very good, especially the pork chop. Burger was huge. Turkey pot pie was excellent. The ribs were the disappointment - tough and dry. Server was great (Vince?), and very apologetic about the ribs. No complaints about service at all. A little slow for a Friday night, but it is summer in the valley. Had live entertainment which is a plus, though they needed to turn her amp down.
- JenninealVIPDined on 6/21/2014We absolutely loved our dining experience with the one exception - they were out of Sculpin on tap.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We have a good experience and a friendly waiter. Turkey pot pie! Music was an odd choice.Special Features:
- Old Town Classic Is RefreshingSuperK8Dined on 6/7/2014This legendary steakhouse recently updated Everything. The modern appointments are accented with well-edited and appropriate nostalgic details of the restaurants' storied past, sleek and open, warm materials that feel both "wild west" and upscale. Cleverly named and on-trend cocktails revisit the classics such as the negroni-influenced Old Fashioned. The deviled eggs were an intriguing appetizer w/ a sweet pepper oil that urged us to lick the plate clean. The steak salad was substantial, unfussy that delivered on traditional flavor, but had a smoked pretzel twist for a balanced display of culinary experience. The Frisee Salad was a perplexing ambition that seemed pretentious yet the gorgeous plating delivered an exciting triumph of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higher ExpectionstopdowngoDined on 6/1/2014I've heard about the "Old Pink Pony", which I never got a chance to eat at. I guess I was excepting more of a retro Pink Pony atmosphere. It was modern, table placement was awkward, we sat directly across a large table, which the occupants has a direct view of us. My Hubby loved the food, he had a steak. I had scallops (small) served with chrizo potatoes and sausage. Very spicy and it did not compliment the scallops.Special Features:
- Great remodel. Disappointing food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Overpriced unimpressive food but great service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryDinnerDined on 5/24/2014I had not been to the Pink Pony since it reopened. While the name, location, and some pictures are all the old restaurant seems to share with the new restaurant, both the food and the service were excellent, as was the ambiance. The Pink Pony is now on our "restaurant circuit!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, Great serviceDaleDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I were looking forward to visiting the newly remodeled Pink Pony. M tenderloin steak was good but bot fantastic and wife's chicken was so-so she said. There was a special occasion going on while we were there and it was noisy and the bar was very crowded. We are not in any hurry to return but would if friends wanted to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I must say the resturant food was very good but the noise level was awful. I felt like I had to yell to be heard by my guests. The bar area is so close to the dining area you couldn't relax and enjoy your dinner.....would I recommend it to friends not at this time.....the server had recommended beer for my guests then came back and told us they were out of that brand, not once but twice. I would think the manager would alert his staff before hand to this so as to avoid an embarrassment to his server..Special Features:
- Two Days In A RowAletheaVIPDined on 5/19/2014Tried a couple of new appetizers this time, in addition to my same dinner entrée that I also had the day before, (The Monkfish Special). The Burrata appetizer was very good and fresh. The pretzel bread with beer cheese fondue was a nice splurge as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back AgainAletheaVIPDined on 5/18/2014I took advantage of the three course "Restaurant Week" special for $30.00. The Gazpacho, Monkfish, and my Panna Cotta Lemon Curd dessert were all done well. The entrée portions were very small, (and I am a woman saying this), but everything was delicious and prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good!lesliebowesDined on 5/18/2014We visited during restaurant week and found the prix fix menu to be good. The starters were really good the main entree pretty good and the dessert to die for! There Sunday night pizza and bottle of wine special looks very promising. Will go back to try it! Service, ours and others around us, was impeccable!Special Features:
- Yum!Leslie417Dined on 5/17/2014We ordered the noche board and it was wonderful, especially the house made pickle. Also the scallops were incredible. The chef is a genius! Who knew that scallops, chorizo, fingerling potatoes, and swiss chard would be such a delicious combination! The pork chop with cherries was also delectable. Our waiter was attentive and suggested a new white wine which I loved, overall excellent food and service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLin2Dined on 5/14/2014The scallops were done perfectly and the Chorizo "hash" was an unusual and delicious accompaniment. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu and the history of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014We had friends in from Ohio and decided on going to the Pink Pony. Great choice, great atmosphere. One of the partners (Lee) introduced himself and we had a couple of conversations with him, he repeatedly new our 1st names though out the night. I would recommend the BBQ ribs, they were tender & fell off the bone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping A BitAletheaVIPDined on 5/6/2014Have been in about four or five times now to dine. What happened to the delicious Mac 'N Cheese, that you used to serve when you first opened? You have now changed the recipe and it is NOT the same. Am disappointed. At first the Mac 'N Cheese was gooey and delicious with about five different types of cheeses. It "was" truly gourmet and had fabulous taste. Now it is "blah" and bland. However, the Turkey Pot Pie, was good though, which I tried for the very first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.Dr111VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great place. Will definitely be going back. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Pink Pony reviews archive.
- GARYGARYVIPDined on 4/29/2014I think this new owner has the recipe for success. We go often. Ribs are pretty good (not like you get in Memphis, TN but what is, really). Chicken Pot Pie could use more filling but it's tasty. Can't go wrong with the Pizzas. Real good Chicken thighs. All-in all, for the price you won't be disappointed. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac 'N Cheese Side - What Happened?AletheaVIPDined on 4/29/2014Oh no.....the Mac 'N Cheese side dish that is usually so very good, (as I had it twice previously), was "very" different this time, and not in a good way! Come on Pink Pony, don't start making cutbacks in your product already. This time, the portion size was much smaller, and some of the delicious and various gooey cheeses that make this dish something special were missing. Diner's are smart. We notice change! However, my Organic Salmon Entrée, and side dish of Sautéed Spinach, was good. I'll be back again to try the Mac 'N Cheese. If it is not prepared like it was when you first opened, then I will not be back. My friend also enjoyed his Sirloin entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scottsdale Staple made over!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014I've lived in Scottsdale 15+ years and have driven by a million times (live close by) and finally experienced Pink Pony for a girls night out. Cute place - easy to get in fast and service was amazing...food was average, not exceptional but I would go back :)Special Features:
- BDH1VIPDined on 4/25/2014Food was better than expected. The room was a bit of a disappointment. Given the high booth walls, we could not see anything or anyone around us. Felt a bit isolated for a fun Friday night.Special Features:
- Hold Your Horses!VittleVixenDined on 4/23/2014The all-new Pink Pony is our favorite new dining spot in Old Town Scottsdale! The food was fabulous! Loved the steak salad, nosh board appetizer, the debris flat bread was incredible! Great key lime infused tequila and fun mules. The hip ambience fit perfectly with the reinvented menu and wonderful service. We can't wait to go back for more! An overall excellent place to dine!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/22/2014My chicken thighs and Berry Lemondrop were divine; my husband's steak and beer were excellent. Service was truly wonderful- very attentive. Wonderful night out.
- Won't be backHeatherGVIPDined on 4/19/2014The pork belly came out cold. When we brought it to our servers attention he immediately went to the manager. The manager was not busy and stood near our table without speaking with us. About 10 minutes later he finally asked if the appetizer came out cold. When we said yes he said that was unacceptable; by that point we had finished the appetizer. He did not take it off of our bill. My partner ordered the Crispy Chicken Thighs. They were not crispy rather they were fatty and greasy. We will not be back.
- managementelerkayDined on 4/15/2014They really went out of their way to satisfy us about everything! Great all around restaurant for only being open a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local that wanted to exploreCTappsDined on 4/10/2014My friend and I tried this place to test out the new digs and food. Ribs were a little dry but the beet salad was fantastic. the drinks were really good. Their Mules are a claim to fame for them. We will go back. Service a tad poor but gave good tip just because we are locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMIndyDined on 4/9/2014A friend and I had lunch at Pink Pony and we really enjoyed it. The server was very friendly and accommodating. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice place good service but....NewinAZDined on 4/2/2014Great staff seemed everyone gave us attention. The food was good menu creative but there wasnt anything on the menu that jumped out. It's the kind of menu you choose to settle for what sound the best. I went with Three others one has been a food celebrity on many of the food shows. He liked the food but was not overwhelmed. I think they are on the right path they just need to put some things on the menu that grab you as the think to order. Creatively bland menus are common now days.
- Birthday?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014We put on Opentable it was for a birthday. We got a call from the restaurant confirming the birthday with a special cake. When it was time for desert, waiter and asst. manager know nothing about birthdays. We asked to speak to the head manager, but he/she was too busy to come over. This restaurant will never make it with service like that!Special Features:
- Terrible ServicePVcritic1Dined on 3/29/2014If I could give minus stars, I would. This was the worst restaurant I've been to! The service was inexcusable. The waitress was more interested in the large party next to us than taking our order. We waited a good 1/2 hr for the food to come. When it did everything came at once: appetizers, salads, and entrees. One appetizer we ordered was forgotten! The manager came out to ask what we would like him to do about it! Really? You need your customers to tell you what to do about it? How about comping us for the forgotten appetizer? Which they did not! We waited 15 min for the waitress to come back for payment. Finally, my husband left the table to search-out the waitress so we could leave! I cannot recommend this restaurant at all.
- Food was a disappointment X 4geofromazVIPDined on 3/29/2014The menu seemed creative but the food was disappointing. Usually there is at least one dish that passes within a group of four, but this was not the case that night.Special Features:
- Took 10 people. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Took 10 people. Wait staff great (Brian) as well as all staff. Food great. Service top notch. Prices reasonable. Will go again soon.Special Features:
- Just okO4ADUCKDined on 3/26/2014Out of the steak I ordered. Food was not hot for all 4 of us.Special Features:
- Almost great!DougDined on 3/26/2014Our experience was a bit mixed. The chicken wings were excellent. The crispy chicken thighs were delicious. The pork chops, however, was overdone to medium well. This was disappointing because I was told it would take 30 mnutes to cook the chop and it would be medium to medium rare, which is how I prefer it. Consequently, although flavorful, the chop was a bit dry, and I could not send it back because of the long cooking time.Special Features:
- New Pink PonyDianeDined on 3/22/2014Nice job with revision. I kind of miss the old historical clutter, but the service was sooo much better than the last time I went, when greeted by the rudest receptionist ever. Fantastic service, good food, I will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pink Pony RemodelJohnDined on 3/21/2014The Pink Pony is greatly improved. The food is better, and the vibe is better.Special Features: