102 NW 4th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - NW
Southeast AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pingpdx.com/
- Phone: 5032297464
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday Lunch: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Happy hours: 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm Dinner: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Sunday & Monday Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Couch Street
- Public Transit: Ping is located within 3 blocks of the Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Max Line. Ping is within 3 blocks of the following bus routes: 4-Division/Fessenden 8-Jackson Park/NE 15th 9-Powell/Broadway 12-Barbur/Sandy Blvd 16-Front Ave/St Johns 19-Woodstock/Glisan 20-Burnside/Stark 35-Macadam/Greeley 44-Capitol Hwy/Mocks Crest
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking until 7pm. Free street parking after 7pm. Three surface pay parking lots within 3 blocks.
A word from Ping Restaurant
Ping is a local neighborhood establishment for socializing, drinking and eating with friends in Chinatown of Portland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ping Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- interesting mix of variousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/29/2012interesting mix of various asian cuisines. but they will be closing for expansion and have not said when they will reopen.
- Ping PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Inventive menu with delicious options. Loved the cocktail menu and the service was friendly and efficient. We also remarked that you get delicious ingredients without the 'hype' of some Portland restaurants--it's not too loud in the small, intimate space which makes for good conversation.Special Features:
- Good but not super. A fewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2012Good but not super. A few more veggie options wld be greatly appreciated. Nice styling for the restaurant
- I had the crab special onMarkDined on 12/8/2012I had the crab special on Saturday night? There was very little crab, it was very, very messy to eat and the taste was bland. I would not recommend that dish being offered again. Based on that meal, I would not plan to return .
- Food was so so - almost tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012Food was so so - almost tasted reheated Drinks were good Service was slow despite less than half full restaurant
- Something a little different.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Something a little different. Good food and service.
- Adriana is a fantastic waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/2/2012Adriana is a fantastic waitress and has taken great care of us both times we've been here. She is attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and quick to offer a 2nd round of drinks. Works for me!!!Special Features:
- Great lhaksa!! My son's mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Great lhaksa!! My son's meal (spicy ramen) was only so-so. Nice energy in the restaurant, but if you're going to talk, this is not the place. Waitress seemed to have strong need for approval and because we were intent on trying to have a discussion, she must not have gotten what she needed. She was rude during the latter half of our meal, although we were very civil throughout.Special Features:
- New flavors in several ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012New flavors in several of the dishes we had. We thought the smaller dishes were very reasonably priced and delicious. Although the chicken curry was delicious, we thought it was the only dish over priced. We sat next to a very loud group. With the kitchen open into the restaurant, that made for an initially loud meal. That said, we would go back in a heartbeat. Reasonably priced food and drink with some new and unique flavors.Special Features:
- Hope the fruit flies are gone now?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2012Been here several times. Always have loved it. Only this time, fruit flies were everywhere. Need to get an exterminator.
- Everything I've had here hasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012Everything I've had here has been great! Get the duck!Special Features:
- Overall positive experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Overall positive experience with delicious food. Wait staff was friendly and helped me select a vegan menu item. The drinking vinegars are a must try!Special Features:
- Ping Makes Me SingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The Yam Mama I ordered had one drawback, I could have eaten twice as much it was so good. Well balanced flavors and textures though I wanted a little more flavor out of the ground pork meatball things. Tasted slightly washed out. The shrimp, however, were so tender and beautiful. I usually am not enamored with the ground between fresh salad shrimp and 26-30s but these were just perfect. Wonderful dish and my two companions raved about their Coconut Curry bowls. Can't wait to return for cocktails and apps.Special Features:
- Good meal, however servicesWildmacDined on 9/14/2012Good meal, however services seem to be off and kind of hectic.Special Features:
- The restaurant came on a recommendaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2012The restaurant came on a recommendation from a co-worker. The food was mediocre. My date enjoyed it because it was Singaporean food, which is difficult to find in Portland, and she's Singaporean. But it was overpriced and bland.
- We had a wonderful dinnerkitgirlVIPDined on 9/7/2012We had a wonderful dinner at Ping's Restaurant in Portland - highly recommended by our tour guide, Jeff Davies of EcoTours. We had a group of seven who all ordered different dishes on the menu. I had the Korean short rib skewer, chicken skewer and eggplant skewer and one of the Thai salads. Very flavorful dishes which were very generous portions. My husband had the combination skewer plate which was very delicious. I would definitely recommend Ping's especially since it was very reasonably priced. Very tasty food.Special Features:
- My experiences 8.31.12OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012I went with my parents. This was my 3rd time. We each ordered drinks. My mom and I got their special drinks for the night. I had the Arnie (vodka, iced tea, raspberry) it was tasty. My dad got their sake. We ordered octopus skewers, a shrimp skewer, their satay platter (comes with one beef, one pork and one chicken, spicy cucumbers, roti and mild peanut sauce), the dal and extra roti (a flat bread thats really light and delicious!) We got pork collar it came with a pork bone broth and a spicy sauce too. We had Yam Mama (noodles, shrimp,sausage and spicy sauce) for our entree to share. I had to order a thai iced coffee to cool my mouth off! Great experience! Great service! Decent parking.Special Features:
- MUST GO!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Loved everything about this place and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- This was the second time we'dOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2012This was the second time we'd eaten at Ping. We weren't wowed the first time, but like to give places a second shot. The cocktails were creative, tasty and refreshing though took a while to be made. Perhaps we just made poor choices, but the food was disappointing. The pork inside the pork bun was dry, the Vietnamese-style ribs were greasy and the satay was bland. We did enjoy the noodles though and the crispy lentil salad with peanuts was great - good flavors, nice combination of textures.
- ConsitantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012Ping is one of our favorites. The prices are very reasonable and the food is downright amazing. We love to try new things every time we're in, and we've never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, flavors justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Fabulous food, flavors just pop in your mouth. Excellent cocktails.
- Asian FlavorsChefGeoffDined on 8/7/2012We were very pleased that Ping lived up to our expectations, which were based on the other reviews here on the Open Table site. The food was innovative and creative and the service was great as well...we put ourselves in the waiters hands to guide us through the menu and make suggestions as to his favorite items and we were impressed by every course. As people who choose not to drink (alcohol) we were happy to see a variety of interesting alternative beverages (try the "drinking vinegars") All in all, a great night!Special Features:
- Try everything! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Try everything! The food is great and you can try a lot of everything with their small portion and excellent pricing. The drinking vinegar or Som is a must.Special Features:
- It's an unusual menu -- AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012It's an unusual menu -- Asian fusion -- which seems to appeal to people who are looking for a unique culinary experience, however, the mediocre food does not live up to its description. And the food is over-priced for portion size. If this is fine dining in Portland (which the prices would suggest, but let's face it, is almost unheard of in this city), then the ambiance, dress code, and paper napkins don't make sense. This kind of place could appeal to an after-work crowd that was more interested in drinks and a snack than a full meal.
- Interesting food- lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2012Interesting food- lots of variety, servers very friendly and helpful. Bit loud but great place overall.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the small plates althoughKathyBDined on 7/14/2012Enjoyed the small plates although the baby octopus was tough--when informed, they took immediate action and removed the item from our bill. No A/C, but big fans. Very small venue and very friendly, but food wasn't memorable. I had much higher expectations.Special Features:
- This is normally one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012This is normally one of my favorite restaurants in town, hopefully it was an off night because the wait staff was not on their game.
- I wasn't overwhelmed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012I wasn't overwhelmed by the food. It was good, but the descriptions on the menu were better than the actual flavors that came out in the dishes.
- Kobe beef was tough, superOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Kobe beef was tough, super small portions, the octopus skewers were unattractive and as tough as rubber, ramen was bland and unexciting. Was not worth the $80 I spent for two people. Expected a lot better for my money. Would not go back.
- Our server was great attentivePdxvisitorDined on 6/30/2012Our server was great attentive and efficient. Nice young gal. The food was great and the service good! I would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Food was ok but not very flavorful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Food was ok but not very flavorful. Kobe beef skewers were tough and NO flavor. Gulf prawn skewers were great!
- Really flavorful food. SmallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2012Really flavorful food. Small place so make reservations ahead of time. Food was realt food but the portions were small and with some items, such as the skewers were spendy for what they were. That being said, I'd come back.Special Features:
- The food was much more blandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The food was much more bland than pok pok. The red potato drinking vinigar was awesome.Special Features:
- LOVED THIS PLACE! So manyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/27/2012LOVED THIS PLACE! So many delicious flavors, and becasue it is small plates we could try a lot. We cannot wait to go back when we are in town next.Special Features:
- Some of the most exotic andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Some of the most exotic and wonderfully unusual food in the NWSpecial Features:
- Yum.PtownFoodieDined on 6/26/2012Great food, great service! A bit small and cramped but great for a small party.Special Features:
- We are very fortunate to havelucky6VIPDined on 6/23/2012We are very fortunate to have an ethnic restaurant of this authenticity and caliber in Portland. We sampled the menu widely and found everything to be well-prepared and delicious. We particularly enjoyed the deep-fried pork shank.Special Features:
- Loved the food! It was onMimiDined on 6/23/2012Loved the food! It was on par with PokPok and in Chinatown right on the Max line.Special Features:
- Always excellent, fun andKarenDined on 6/15/2012Always excellent, fun and interesting food. Try something outside your comfort zone you won't be dissapointedSpecial Features:
- Ping provides a good selectionOnceAndFutureFoodieDined on 6/15/2012Ping provides a good selection of out of the ordinary Thai dishes, which is good for an adventurous eater. The cocktail selection is also nice and the service staff seems very knowledgeable about both the drinks and the menu options.Special Features: